gitgud.io/greenman/rts.git
youtube.com/watch?v=RpORM_it8l8
youtube.com/watch?v=qaQwU_Yt3Z0
gritengine.com/
gog.com
github.com/recastnavigation/recastnavigation
8ch.net/loomis/hub.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

daily reminder that none of you will ever release a game because you're all talentless hacks.

You don't need talent to make a game.

This 100% this. A lot of these dev's often post pretentious hipster pixelshit or lowpoly. It's pretty funny. If I didn't know any better I'd say I was on 4cuck or tumblr.

Still nothing to post, reading Irrlicht's documentation and discussing networking libraries with a friend who wants to use the same engine for a freetard project.

Way to out yourself as a faggot the moment you walk in.

It's all elbow grease and determination, not talent.

People with "talent" are just people who keep at shit when other people quit and give up like pussies.

Is making an ASCII based game in scheme pantsu on hedu retarded or just autistic?

But I've already released a game
Soon to be on xbawks as well

both

But fuck subdivision and all that crap, this is plenty for me to work with

It won't be autistic if you get to play as Harold Abelson in a dungeon facing the evils of Java™.

> waiting for alpha testers to share results for my RimWorld Children mod

I'm working on animations. A mix of a fuck-how-shitty-it-looks attitude, Trump motivational speeches and eurobeat does wonders for my work morale.

Space Station 13

How badly should this be done with a bump map, instead of the raw vertices?

In that particular case, not at all. There's nothing wrong with displacement for certain things, like wonky geometry or water. Bump maps are for small details like bricks.

Asked this question in the last thread, then I had to go to work. Elaborating a bit.

What I'm worried about at the moment is the interaction between the player and immobile objects in the environment. Say for example, there is a horizontal wall above the player. The player gives input to move up, it stops you. The player continues to give up input but starts giving left or right input as well, now he moves left or right along the wall until he reaches the end.

The best I've managed with this so far has had issues involving the player either getting stuck against the wall (unable to move left/right in the case of the example above), or getting stuck in the corner between two tiles of wall.

I can't see myself needing any collision shapes more complicated than rectangles and triangles. The sort of player/environment interaction you'd get out of an old 8 or 16-bit game would be plenty.

So axis aligned?

Yes.

You create a movement vector out of the input, and if you touch the top/bottom edge of a wall you remove the vertical part of that vector, for left/right sides you remove the horizontal. The hard part is detecting which side you collide with accurately.

I've recently broken 1000 sales on Nutaku.

Here's a shill list of other 8channer's games:

store.steampowered.com/app/495230/
store.steampowered.com/app/526780/
store.steampowered.com/app/557860/

Feel free to add.

That too. One thing I noticed is people here tend to want to do the craft the right way, which is fine and admirable, but at the same time all these hacks are clogging Steam. It's okay to compromise a bit since I'm sure the our craftmanship would still be much better… so if Steam's gonna be clogged with shit, it's still better to have OUR shitty games up there.

Before I go to bed: what would you guys think of a total conversion mod for SQUAD into the Stalker universe? It'd have to be a very pared down game, but it'd totally be doable.

huh. I might buy those just to support the lovely ((commuity))) we have here.
Then again, how often do these faggots post?

they should keep motivating others or keep us away from devving

care to share your own game, shlomo?

you too, please shill.

I don't believe it would be impossible not to be able to use base Unity physics. It just needs you to set the vectors and switches right.
Also, returning to middle school textbooks on newtonian physics worked wonders for me.

It's often the other way around. People with actual talent often give up on projects because they are not used to obstacles.

what would you want a solo nodev to do with zero budget?
one that isn't a total autist like tetradev or shodanon

Never seen any of those in these threads or /agdg/ board. Hypnorain sounds vaguely familiar but I don't remember where I saw/heard it.

Just project it.

I remember your stuff.
Are you just doing this stuff for it's own sake or are you trying to use them in any project?

Fairly certain it's faster to just set one of the vector's values than to project it, and since everything is axis aligned it shouldn't be a problem. He'd have to get the binormal of the surface he hits to project onto.

Hypnorain is for certain an /agdg/ project, but I'm not sure which dev was the one that made it. I think it might be speebot-dev?
Jumper Jape dev posted a long time ago, in the first year after the big exodus I think. Didn't post regularly though.

well it's usually a question of priorities.

real life>devving>shitposting

If we're counting people who don't come here anymore, then here
store.steampowered.com/app/359580/
store.steampowered.com/app/298280/

Xenoraptordev was bretty cool. He gave me a copy for helping him with an OS X permissions problem and some UI suggestions.

any reason for that, outside of work & not being really anons/nodevs anymore?

Xenoraptor dev was here after the first exodus when Holla Forums was much faster. Most people who left from back then most likely left just because Holla Forums slowed down.

Uncanny dev mostly just shilled his game here for a short while, he didn't visit for a very long time as far as I remember, just sometime before/after the release of the game.

I'm posting in AGDG so of course I'm trying for a game. With stolen sprites right now.

Can confirm.

I am the most gifted game designer in history and I've never finished a game because the work is too arduous and it takes too long to make anything worthwhile.

Looks slick. What kind of game will it be?

Hypnorain dev = Speebot dev
I lurk more than I post, but I never left.

Likely a sidescroller with heavy fighting game inspiration. Protag will probably be more of an infighter-type than the MMZ-style dash-focused test character here, somewhat slower, tendencially outranged & against dangerous enemies so you would have to counterpoke, dodge or force your way in but should get slapped for blindly rushing. Use of different movement options and counters is key. (ducking/swaying/backdashing/jumping/rolling/designated counter attacks)
I don't really know how well that will work out in the end, but as long as I have fun making it all's well.

Really? That's pretty reassuring.

What's cool is that my mesh indices can be used for every quad in my geometry, so even if I make a 33x33 vertex quad and end up with 6,100 indices, they only need to be created once, which is pretty cool.

I should be working on the game I'm already working on instead of making shitty joke games.

Or you can always take the joke too far and make it a full game that's better and more complete than no man's sky

I've wasted 2 hours of my life on this, I think that's enough and possibly more than Nu Male Sky devs spent working on the gameplay.

If you used nearest neighbour sampling on the textures, I'd almost think that this was a DOS game

Hivemind?
I've seen at least 2 other guys here making something similar and now I'm a bit discouraged since I've been planning something similar too.
What is MMZ-style?
Mega Man Zero?

what is a bump map?

I might actually do that.

It's basically a second, additional texture with depth information. You put both the texture and the bump map into a shader, and it creates additional apparent depth on the output pixels without increasing the complexity of the model mesh's geometry.

For example, in the first picture here, you could create this wall with only 8 vertices, but it looks flat. Rather than adding a hundred more vertices for no reason, you just give it a texture with all the depth data on it (second image, for example), and it makes it pop.

The third image is a normal map, and that's used for determining which way a triangle's surface is pointing, which is important for lighting calculations.

Can the creation of bump maps be automated?
Also, what did your question (>>11337881) mean?

You can generate bump maps if you model your textures in 3d

Yes.

Bump maps are generally created automatically; sometimes in advance with a model, but sometimes at runtime when the game runs. What usually happens is that the texture's color space is normalized, so the brightest pixel color is considered "white" (1.0) and the darkest color is "black" (0.0). Then, it's just a matter of interpolating each pixel as a shade of gray. When the bump map is put into the shader, white is the "brightest" so it pops out the most. Black pixels aren't changed at all, and 50% gray moves half the distance, etc.

(As an extension of using color data for something that isn't color, normal maps have a distinctive blue color to them (as in ). Normal maps use color data in an interesting way - textures usually have a RGB and sometimes an alpha component. Instead, it treats red as the X axis, green as the Y axis, and blue as the Z axis. The default blue color is something like X=0, Y=0, Z=+1, which is pointing directly toward the viewer/camera.)

Regarding my question in , I have a set of 25 vertices to create that wall. Instead of it being a flat plane, I manually offset the vertices to be closer to the camera to create the illusion of depth. The vertices are actually closer and every quad will behave the same way.

It is generally preferable to use a bump map, because it is faster for the graphics card to calculate, and doesn't interfere with your geometry. It's also possible to do it with as few as 4 vertices, instead of 25 or more. It basically keeps the geometry as simple as possible.

Technically a normal map is used in the fragment shader for per pixel normals; packing the XYZ into the RGB component of each position in the normal map (thus requiring unpacking, to be properly used).
Thus, with the supplied normal for the pixel, the lighting calculations can be done with a per pixel normal; which gives it more pixel/shading detail than say just a normal for the triangle's surface.
Also, a normal map is more for adding more detail to the shading calculations, and add apparent depth.
Side note: the appearance of depth only works for certain angles.

Using a heightmap in the fragment shader to offset the pixel, and thus you can change the appearance of pixel's heights (to a very limited extent); which only works at specific angles.

parallax mapping, which only looks good at certain angles if it's a "simple" parallax mapping algorithm; which is actually displacing the pixel position based on the viewer angle (bump map to get height, normal map to get per pixel normal for direction to displace the pixel in).
The overall solution to this is a per pixel ray marching parallax shader; which gets the "actual" surface of the pixel (raymarching bump map, to get exact surface intersection, as original parallax coors are "off/incorrect" at certain angles), and works at all angles.
Although, it may be overkill for certain games… but that's the best looking one that works for all angles/lighting situations.

Note, one could also just tessellate and use a displacement map, but each solution applies to different usage cases.
As the parallax solution is good if you don't mind putting more load on the fragment shader (bad for say… using deferred lighting), and the displacement is fine if you don't mind putting more load on the vertex shader (plus extra stages of tessellation/geom, bad for say… forward lighting w/multiple passes).

Hey Holla Forums

I had an idea to build a game on a gpl'd engine like Quake 2's. Since I've always wanted to make a low poly FPS game but don't want to cop out and use something like Unity. Since ideally I'd want to eventually sell it. And afaik the only thing GPL'd sources need is for you to release the modified source code in order to sell it.

Is there any particular downside to doing so? And is there a particular engine that would be better using? IE: Original Quake.

Additionally I've seen games that do take this path use source ports like KMQuake2 and Darkplaces. Is it also legal to build a game from them freely or would you need to give the dev of it a kickback for it?

Is cowboy wizards a cool idea?

Make sure to read the license all the way through to make sure you can in fact sell games built on it, but I think you're right.

I'd say the main concerns for using an older engine would be modern hardware/display compatibility, and possibly requiring older tools to build it. I remember trying to compile a HL2 mod and I needed a specific version of VS2008 and some other bullshit.

According to John Carmack
You should read the entire license, but the gist of it is that you can do
anything you want with the code, including sell your new version. The catch
is that if you distribute new binary versions, you are required to make the
entire source code available for free to everyone.

purposes, but the GPL does allow commercial exploitation if you obey the
full license. If you want to do something commercial and you just can't bear
to have your source changes released, we could still negotiate a separate
license agreement (for $$$), but I would encourage you to just live with the
GPL.

Well that's why I'm asking in reference to Source ports. Like I know Thirty Flights of Loving uses Quake 2's engine but also uses a source port called KMQuake2. Which allows for modern conveniences and runs cleanly on multiple operating systems

Since when are those two statements related? Since you shouldn't start every sentence with 'since'.

What's a medieval fantasy race that could have 4 arms?

You might want to check Qfusion if you're interested in a beefed version of Q2's engine.

Insects.

Actually that just might work.

Today's progress is sketches of the sway stance's attacks and a double hook.

Mega Man Zero, yes.

that not right anything under that the gpl license needs to be FOSS
that includes anything that uses that code

The closest thing to a downside with GPL game engines is incompatibility with libraries using the original four-clause BSD license, unless you're one of those faggots who's paranoid about other people stealing your code. There's nothing stopping you from making proprietary assets and selling the game as long as your modifications to the source code is available under the same license.

I feel like there's a better way to organize this enum type.

It works exactly the way I want it, with 9 distinct alignments, and the other values setting the flags appropriately, but it just seems weird.

Do you have any tips or learning resources for figuring out 2D animation?

I've gone down the 3D route personally, but I have a friend who loves fighting games and has an interest in figuring this stuff out.

Jesus christ user, what the fuck is this shit? Just store 2 variables - one for goodness and one for lawfulness.

Seriously, what kind of nonsense is this?

public enum Goodness { Good, Neutral, Evil }
public enum Lawfulness { Lawful, Neutral, Chaotic }
public struct Alignment { Goodness goodness; Lawfulness lawfulness; }

Then write a set of util functions for any common alignment checks you want to make:

// I assume that you mean adjuacent to the target alignment
public bool OneStepChaoticEvil(Alignment x)
{ return ChaoticEvil(x) || ChaoticNeutral(x) || NeutralEvil(x); }

Pic related is why I set it up this way. It's taking advantage of bitwise operators.

Also check this out, when I display every possible value, it only has the 9 core alignment values. None of the custom labels I used.

Can't you overload these operators in C# anyway? Just write operator overloads for your Alignment class. I guess if it works then it's fine, but I would be hesitant to use flags in that way because it strikes me as a bit of a magic number situation.

Alignment is an enum type, which is just a cosmetic wrapper around existing integal C# types, such as byte, int, or short. I could make my own struct type, but I'd have to overload all the existing operators as needed which seems like a waste when a simple bitwise comparison solves it all.

The only reason the additional values are there is so I don't have to type out this shit every time I wanted to make a comparison (and I still can do it that way if I want, if I have an unusual combination to check like LG and CE only)

var Player = Alignment.NeutralEvil; var Item = (Alignment.LawfulNeutral | Alignment.LawfulEvil | Alignment.Neutral | Alignment.NeutralEvil | Alignment.ChaoticEvil | Alignment.ChaoticNeutral); bool valid = (Player & Item) > 0;

Anyone else here using libtcod to make shit?

If implemented right, bump maps can make a pair of triangles look like a million.

and that's why sane human beings use LGPL instead tbh fam

Parallax Occlusion Mapping?

easy:

#define align_good (1

yes

There's no trick to doing 2D animation.
You learn how to draw or rotoscope.

That doesn't work. The reason I chose my implementation is because I can choose more than one alignment.

If I wanted an item to only be usable with a Lawful Good or Chaotic Neutral character, how would that work with your system? According to your post, I would have to set the flags for Lawful, Good, Chaotic, and Neutral, which could easily be misinterpreted as allowing for Chaotic Good or Lawful Neutral, which isn't what I want. To make it work with your code, I'd have to have an array of enums, which just creates way more overhead than one simple field of bits.

Where do I find testers to test my game?

I can help, if it works on Ubuntu

Depends on what kind of game it is. You can usually go to a game design forum or just advertise on somewhere like youtube, gaming forums like Facepunch or reddit. That's where I see most calls for video game testers.

It should be able to run on Linux. Contact me at [email protected]/* */

Alright I'll try there, thanks.

Generally, by now game artists only use the definition Bumpmap if they talk about old realtime bump map shaders or bump map textures, which happens pretty much never in newer games. If you use Normal, Parallax or Height/Displacementmaps, even if they are technically Bumpmaps too, you just directly use those definitions for them, because otherwise it's confusing as hell.

exactly my thoughts, and anyways parallax mapping requires a normalmap to correctly displace the pixels in the correct direction (dir of per pixel normals); so it's not just "bump mapping".
Calling parallax mapping just "bump mapping" is simply incorrect, and confusing as fug.

i did the python+libtcod tutorial a while back, but quit when i realized i was too stupid do an actual with features

*actual roguelike

A nice, comfy looking kitchen set on the sun.

I thought it applied to anything you might need a heightmap for.

The main point is that it's very confusing (semantically), and my side point was that it's technically not correct to refer to a parallax shader as a bump map shader.
As it's not only concerning a bump map (height map), but also a normal map when it comes to a parallax shader to create a more advanced version of either individual shader.

I made a new project in godot with nothing but a kinematic body, a script that lets it move and a sprite. I then attached a camera to it, set it to current, and it still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? I started from scratch like you fags said and it still doesn't work.

Pls just upload the project that works for you and I'll see if its just my version of godot fucking shit up or something.

I did.

I think this is about the 5th time I've seen a situation with almost the exact scenario with godot in these threads.

all me

The winner is Antmen. They'll have 4 arms so can quad wield or 2x2h. Being hiveminded they'll have shit int and wis making them unable to join most caster classes.

This brings my playable monster races to include Fey, Gargoyles, Trolls, and Lizardmen. I've also got the standard fantasy trash.

You using a tut?

yes.

Have you tried logging things to text output every frame so you can see where things are or arent changing?

Logging what? The camera's position?

Sure.

What happens when you manually assign its position?
What happens when it reads the sprites position? inb4 youre just reading it and not assigning it

Test everything you can and get feedback on everything you can so you know where its messing up. This is like debugging 101

Well the issue right now is that the player can no longer go outside of this little invisible box that seems to be affected by the drag margin. What I mean by this is that if I change the drag margin, it gets larger or smaller when I change it.

So since it can't move outside of the invisible box, the camera can't move along with it because it's not allowed to move, so of course it just reports it's position as 0,0 every time. The player reports itself moving because I can move, I just can't move past that invisible box.

It jus werx. The player can move this way, but why would it not work with move()? Why is it stuck in an invisible box? Also there was some reason that I quit manually doing it this way but I can't remember because that was around two months ago.

What do you mean by this? The player can move.

If you can type something like "int px = Player.Position.X" then congratulations you can probably give that value to the camera somehow. I dont know the syntax because I dont know anything about Godot.

So you can update your camera position manually?

Try and find the upper limit of this box. Is it based on a "room size", the window size, the render texture size, etc?

wat

No, I can force the player to move and the camera is stuck to it, I can't actually change the camera's position but this is breddy much what I wanted. I'll probably figure out why I was using move() in the first place by tomorrow though. I didn't actually set the player to move when I hit a key, instead I randomly assigned an x and y value to the player so he was teleporting around the map. From those logs I was reporting, it showed that the player actually was moving so there's that. I think the reason I used move() was because using delta or something to continue adding numbers to the x and y positions resulted in the player endlessly moving in one direction and unable to stop, or something like that.

It changes size when I change the drag margin.

well, obviously you don't understand what you're doing, and are blindly following the tut.
git gud

Shur
store.steampowered.com/app/453650/

Post a link to the tut

Summons can travel through maps with you now.

this is the last game I made newgrounds.com/portal/view/297206

Can anyone share a video on the "science" (Proportions) of drawing the human body ?

you can make it work, like this:

struct item{ uint8_t *criteria; size_t criteria_sz;}struct item init_item(uint8_t criteria[],size_t criteria_sz){ struct item i = {0}; i.criteria = malloc(criteria_sz); memcpy(i.criteria,criteria,criteria_sz);}bool compare_alignment(struct item i, uint8_t alignment){ for(uint32_t c = 0; c < i.criteria_sz; c++){ if(alignment & i.criteria[c]) return true; } return false;}uint8_t alignment = align_lawful | align_good;struct item i = init_item((uint8_t[2]){ align_lawful | align_good , align_evil | align_chaotic },2);return compare_alignment(i,alignment);

It works, its more code, but its easier to follow than all those seemingly arbitrary variables and magic numbers. Ideally you would be reading these off a text file, so the arguments to init_item would be cleaner, but this is an example of how to get around it.

There is probably a better approach than this, though, so keep looking…

IT'S SHIT
SHIT SHIT SHIT

lookin good m8
can't wait to play it, but take your time

It looks like it's placed way up in the atmosphere, like a pizza shop on top of a SR-71.

Every 3d video game world takes place in the sky.

post it here

this kind of shit happens all to often

You have to learn how to draw, look at good animation a lot and get a feeling for how a body moves. Mirrors & acting out your animation are pretty helpful for the last part. If you want to get decent results quick then pick some fighting game and start tracing shit, Yatagarasu did it too after all.

Visit /loomis/ and /ani/ for resources, tips and such. I would personally recommend the books of Gottfried Bammes if you need aid in anatomy. It's better be draw fast than to draw well.

Can you post your stuff?

I would like to donate to your project.

I just found out that Valve actually released Goldsrc's source code.

The downside is though that it's not gpl. It's a proprietary license. Inorder to use it commercially and sell something with it, you need to contact Valve.

I might instead build the game I have in mind on Goldsrc since it has a lot of benefits like skeletal animation. It also has significantly more documentation and fanmade tools made for it.

That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, user.
You have to contact Valve to sell the game.
That means making a pitch to them. That means having a nice-looking game to show them, at the very least a high-quality vertical slice of what you're going to make.

And you don't know if they'll even take the time to listen to that proposal.

If you don't care about money at all, then Goldsrc would be fine. But if you're hoping to make a great game AND make a living for yourself, I would pick an engine that you know for certain you'll be able to use in a commercial product.

Well I mean I doubt it's going to earn me much in the long run. But I still would like to make some money off it.

Well my plan right now is to keep using Quake 2. Since it's GPL I know I can use it commercially as long as I release my source code.

But I've sent them an email asking for more information about their commercial license. If it's more liberal than I expect I'll probably switch.

Alternatively if it's more restrictive and a "finish it and we'll see" sort of deal I'll wait until I have finished a good portion of it before contacting them again and porting it. Since it wouldn't be that hard to port between Quake engines.

Sounds like a good plan then, since you're contacting them before wasting time.

Why not use Ogre3D or something? It's an updated/maintained engine, and open source.
Also… I though the publicly available versions of source engine was really outdated?
Or are you going for an indie hipster type of deal (i.e. don't want to use updated engines, tools, etc)?

Imo, it would be a deal breaker since you're at the mercy of valve for commercializing your game.
If you do get permission, get that shit in official writing, with signatures and all that jazz.

I'm more interested in using an older engine than a more modern one. Especially since I'm more accustomed to older engines like Quake based ones already. So it feels like less of a jump compared to just starting over with something else. Almost more like I'm building a total conversion mod except I'm replacing everything and I'm able to do raw code edits.

It's also much more exciting to me to be able to make a new game on something like Quake 2 since I mostly grew up with these sorts of games and I've replayed them a lot. Like I'm still amazed at how they hand animated all of the gore animations in Soldier of Fortune.

Goldsrc was different than the Source engine. The Source engine was the one they used for Half-Life 2.

Quake 2 is very old and doesn't even use a modern version of OpenGL. But I can use a fork like KMQuake2 instead which is more updated and has less issues. The Lazarus plugin it comes with even includes entities like adding letterboxing to the camera by default and moving lights.

I use updated tools when they're available. Half-Life for instance has alternate fanmade map editors that are newer and more up to date. With Quake 2 I use an open source map editor called GTKRadiant which is still being updated.

It's just an option I'm considering. Til it gets sorted the plan is to still use Quake 2's engine.

reasonable

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of screenshots from your game. I love the look of older game engines.

Right now the plan is to mostly get accustomed to scripting things in Quake 2's engine. And figuring out things like importing models/animating in the engine. Mapping is the easy part but modelling the characters and doing code edits in C would be the hard part.

I absolutely adore Quake's aesthetic and responsiveness. I wish I knew enough about coding to make an RPG in its engine.

You and me both. I'm not much of a programmer but I've started learning C to try and learn to make code edits. Since I wanna implement stuff like dual wielding and ingame stores for the player to visit.

Another game from this time period I really like is Arx Fatalis so I have a bit of inspiration here as well.

we should be friends

[spoiler]I mostly just use steam for chat
steamcommunity.com/id/Owlakki/[/spoiler]

Can we get a list of /agdg/ projects people are working on and your current status on them? Only thing I can remember is Speebot, Sexy Ass Gynoid, and Sprite Space Pirate FPS.

The only other major project would be that cooking one other than that there's not much.

I mean I'm making a dungeon crawler, but it's mostly been just me fucking around with 3D primitives and not really anything gameplay related yet

I don't have a name for it yet, but I'm working on a tactical RPG. Current status is I'm happy with what I have for the combat system for now and have wasted about a week trying to get my head around collision handling for the out of combat bits.

I'm making a game about a nun kickboxing her way through the underworld but it's not really at a point where I have anything to show off besides (half-assed) concept art. Already posted all of my progress earlier in the thread.

A lot of the projects I've seen aren't finished enough in the gameplay aspect to be worth mentioning.
Same with myn, it's more of a framework than a game at this point.

There's also a RE-like horror game.

My advice is to go one step at a time.

Big projects almost never get done because people try to over complicate shit and do lots of things at once. I suggest trying to do everything in one step increments and focus on one thing at a time.

Like one piece of advice I have is to try and focus on making something playable. Like set up the primitives into a room and get collision working.

I'm hesitant to work on anything gameplay related quite yet, since I don't know what my mechanics will be 100%.

I'm making an rts game though I haven't posted anything in ages i recently added a map/building editor
I think im calling the game rebellion and the status is working on it but not very fast since I don't have that much time.

don't even do gameplay. Just get something where you can walk around. You can focus on rebuilding it as a turn based game or whatever later.

The reason why is because if you get something playable, then making decisions as to the combat would be less theoretical and more experimental. Like you can experiment with creating enemies later and seeing how you want combat to be like.

Slowly making an FPS with the idea to be a cross between something like EYE and FEAR.

I am working on my tank mod for skullfuck 3.0, latest progress is that I am able to expand and replace my atlas textures I don't think I will be able to replace everything next month but atleast a few more in textures in better resolution/quality. I need to still do a lot of stuff like balance the cannon ammo, some few new weapons, and polishing my enemies. Actually I need to replace CyberDemon, SpiderMasterMind and the Map 30 boss then for the enemy content I would be done and they need only some polishing like better behaviors, balance and so on.

Through I to be honest I don't even know what I should replace the default demon face at map 30 maybe as a provisional measurement the face of Lenin or something I don't know. Also fixing my age old collision problem which can cause the player to get stuck on some section for example he wouldn't be able to pick up the keys due to the smaller collision height. I would like to add some sort of Jetpack somehow preferably with Decorate only, I would have fixed it long ago with the morph trick but the problem is that the health resets itself every time the player morphs back.

That actually looks really good and far along user

Just make a fucking proper Complete 3.5 Dungeon Crawler (Rougelike?) after you've gotten the basic environment and minor physics down.

Seriously, it's about time someone just adapted all of the 3.5 matierals anyway, sick of playing 2e.2,5ish games that always have something missing or redone for sake of limitation or gameplay.

But that's going to happen with any game, because you're going to cut a huge number of roleplaying spells like Rope Trick because there's no way you can integrate that into meaningful NPC interactions unless you go full autism like Dwarf Fortress.

Thanks famalan.

Yeah I know that feel, it's annoying.

Nah, trust me there's all sorts of things you can do, you just gotta add em to randomized dungeons as a part of the tables or some shit.

Liche's Phylacteries? Randomly generated tag assigned to a valuable item found on the same floor as said lich, find it and destroy it, else that faggot skeleton will come to fuck your shit on the next 3 floors or so with reanimated corpse you left prior or spawn on your position because you took the item with you.

yeah, 3.5 isn't perfect, but it didn't get nearly enough attention on the interactive media scene than 2e content, and the stuff it did get, was heavily limited in scope, NWN2 still doesn't have as much PrC/moddable content due to hardcoded issues with the engine and other stuff to boot.

One of my dream projects is to make a Blades of Avernum clone, so maybe I will consider 3.5e Pathfinder :^) as the ruleset base. Maybe it won't be a 1:1 copy for legal reasons, but it'd be heavily d20 inspired.

One other I remember is Memoirs of Magic, another DooM based FPS with a cartoony fantasy setting. MoM user doesn't post very regularly though.

I have no idea how to make the player move with set_pos, though I think this should be working. Under fixed process I have playerpos.x += 1 when the player presses the up key but it doesn't do anything. I think I'm retarded.

Can you post your script and scene tree and explain what's different than expected?

no fuck off

Enjoy not getting help then, retard.

I will nigger

He does this every thread, just let him flounder.

Wasn't he complaining about the same problem a week ago?

yes

This fish looks so unimpressed

Fuck yeah user. I'm trying to port the FEAR weapons and mechanics to Doom.

Please let this be a project that is actually finished.

Through what I absolute love having is a proper 3D map support instead of the current messy 3D floors and its variant, I really like the aesthetic of Unreal 1 and Serious Sam TSE, especially the custom maps. For Doom map style itself well some maps do look nice like the alien vendetta map pack but well I've seen them so many times and it's hard to describe things like the lightning and such looks very "flat" and it has almost no neat decoration and other details. For example a average doom urban map is quite boring to look at while Unreal 1 would give the possibility to make them look more detailed and other fancy stuff.

For what source port is it going to be made on?

Jesus, that's a lot uglier than the Little Mermaid makes you think it'd be.

I'm working on an unannounced, untitled 3D game. I only posted one pic of a WIP character model a week or two ago, and it was shitty quality at the time so no one should know/care about it.
Now that character model is starting to look REALLY, REALLY nice, and I'm starting to get super-excited.

Overall I'm going into this project with more of a 'vision' of what I want to make rather than a 'plan'.
A plan is exact, a vision, abstract.
Going in with a vision instead of a plan avoids the over-planning that plagues and kills so many game projects…because plans are exact, they tend to establish a need for particular game assets in particular quantities, so they run into problems most of the time as you execute the plan and run into production problems that are unavoidable without changing the plan. Plans are usually meant to be stuck to once you start executing them, but it's a big mistake to stubbornly stick to a bad plan in game dev.

Gameplay will be mainly exploration/adventure, getting cool items that do cool stuff, helping with the exploration here and there and (hopefully?) fighting enemies. Primarily using world narrative for telling the story, avoiding text at all costs.
Easiest way to imagine what it will be like might be to imagine 3D Zelda and Yume Nikki having a child.

I'm looking to avoid too much character modeling work because I'm not a professional modeler (I can get good quality, but I can't get that good quality very quickly), which will likely translate into there being very few human NPCs, unfortunately (I'll have to see what I can do as far as enemies go, some easy-to-model designs could go a long ways into making a more enemies and thus a more entertaining game).

I already wrote all the non-game-specific stuff for a 3D game engine from scratch that'll run on Linux and Windows. So once the player character model is in half-decent shape, things are going to start really moving, very exciting times ahead for me.
The player character model should be in that half-decent state (perhaps no texturing but definitely modeled and rigged) by end-of-year at latest (and that's some extreme overestimating of the time it should take to finish it).

right now it's ZDoom, but I'm not sure how/if the movement mechanics will work in that

It's nice from you that you are doing that, spares me the trouble of fiddling around with Wine.

hmm fair enough.

When I started to seriously learn programming back in middle school, I was still using Windows.
I switched to Linux within DAYS after realizing that what I wanted to understand (how to compile a program) was being abstracted away by the GUI of the IDE, and that Windows was a piece of shit when it came to working with the terminal.
I guess the command-line situation for Windows has changed a bit now, doesn't mean it's not shit

working with command-line tools, I meant.

You can still compile via command-line in Windows now but it's much more of a pain in the ass to do it and set it up. You're still better off running from a Loonux distro. Glad I'm not the only one working with cross-compatibility in mind.

I'm the guy making an ARPG/3D-Zelda knockoff in Godot. Also the guy making the Children Mod for RimWorld.

Currently waiting for Godot to fix the animation transition bug visible in video related. Instead of transitioning from the current animation transition position it cancels the existing transition and starts new. Hence the jittering.

:^)

Can you override the animation system and force it to evaluate manually, then blend it yourself?

Yeah, that's what I did for the walking animations. But it's annoying and messy, so it gives me an excuse to nodev while I work on my RimWorld mod.

wew

every thread for over a weak now some retard makes a couple posts about how the player won't move or some shit every time people try to help even though he clearly has absolutely no idea what he is doing and somehow he never seems to get it working or make any progress whatsoever i'm honestly beginning to think this just guy is just shitposting at this point

pretty much, they're salty too, mhmm

hahah, holy shit user, you're a nodev, just accept it and fuck off.

refer to

kek

I fucked up, didn't I?

This is nice, but have you considered mutilating it in a tragic git accident?

Maybe you need computer glasses?

My vision is slightly above 20/20, I just get retarded brain shit if I play vidya with a headache.

If you're so inclined:
patreon.com/Labyrinth

we have the best neets

Could I hear some general thoughts from you all on stuff like Kickstarter and Patreon?
Honestly I've been trying to avoid them at all costs because of the reputation they seem to have gained.

computer glasses help alleviate with the eye strain associated with the glare of a screen + tint
Although, it's best to just work in a properly lit space, and also try to consciously blink as to avoid overstrain your eyes due to dryness/etc… also take breaks to let your eyes rest.

Hehe. I legitimately started a week ago. So hopefully I can make something.

If you're not a cunt, and you make good shit it shouldn't matter what services, software, or whatever else you use.

Basically services that turn you from developer to publisher.

I don't mind it if it's genuinely original work from a guy that's going to deliver. The problem is that people tend to overpromise and overhype and not actually deliver.
As with all wannabe devs with dreams of greatness and a sparkle in their eye, only a meager 1% of all projects are going to come to fruition, and out of those, maybe 1% are going to be any good.

Sounds about right…
I think in particular, game projects aren't the best fit for Kickstarter because of how high-risk they are by nature.
Patreon probably makes more sense for game developers.

I won't be donating nothing myself since I'm a dirty poorfag, but this user's work seems solid. It's actually game footage from development builds instead of just comcept art.

IT'S RAW
IT'S FUCKING RAW

You sly devil

How about comcept level design?

Added 10 fucking ingredients today
Tomorrow i will add 10 more for a total of 80
Then i will implement the last planned recipe archetypes and start working on some visual effect/feedback and add sound

wait, did they really use fucking EXCEL to plan the levels?

Cmon, user, it's not like they had millions of dollars to work with.

I'm wondering though…
What would be a good tool to plan levels?
When thinking out game stuff I just get a pencil and draw on some good old papers. I'm guessing tiled paper would be better for level design?

yes, even tiled paper is better and still used by pros in the industry

Excel is just really advanced tiled paper, user

If you need to plan the levels before blocking them out, that means your tools are shit.
For larger scale stuff that really needs planning, yes, just draw it. But don't spend too much time on it, because you will need to adjust things anyway.

if you are using software there is dedicated software for that

I might recommend less planning and more making of the actual thing you want to make (even if what you want to make isn't 100% clear yet). Level design is often best improved by playing the level and having others play it, and trying to get the layout right before the game and gameplay has gotten anywhere is, quite frankly, silly.

Suppose you're making a 2D game.
And you want to make a really cool mansion.
What is needed to make a mansion?
Well, you need tiles to make up the architecture for the outside appearance of the building.
You need a number of objects, maybe some chairs, some tables, a painting on the wall.
And you need tiles for the different floor materials you'll encounter.
So on and so forth.
It's best to just make a list of what parts you'll need to make a scene, make the parts, then worry about placing what you've made in the scene.

In other words, this.

That's why I said that I just use papaer to plan game stuff, mostly for stuff like "with this powerup, the character can move around parts that look like this" and shit like that.
For making out the levels, I've always used the game engine to edit and test stuff out, it's easier than making it in paper then making it all over again on the engine, specially with those adjustments that have to be made after playtesting it.

Planning:

Building:

It also helps to look at other game or actual building blueprints and maps. Also, it's good to decide what kind of theme you want your level to be before you even start making the layout, since different themes have different types of layouts. For example, a cavelike water level would have more passages down and upwards and more narrow, than a valley level, which would be rather flat with a few slopes acting as "walls".

This might be helpful.

I wish this meme would die.

What's wrong with modular 3d models? I'm genuinely curious.

Nothing. They're the equivalent of 2D tiles.

It's a terrible, slow and painful workflow for solo devs, and at the same time it's the only viable workflow when you have dozens of 3D monkeys to do the lifting for you. This is why it's so popular.
It's extremely wasteful, even more so if you're forced to reuse the meshes in unconventional ways instead of making more because you're doing it alone. Many triangles will never see the light of day, even though they will still be T&L'd, and what's worse, they'll eat up precious lightmap texels. Soon, you'll be tempted to use scaling to further maximize the output of your meshes, ultimately making your game look even worse. And of course, it's repetitive.
Someone yet has to make an engine that actually welds the loose objects, automatically spits out an optimal atlas and discards all unseen surfaces. That would make the workflow a little less shit.
It's no skin off my back if you do it anyway, but be warned, unless your game is extremely simple you will regret that you did not invest some time into implementing something better that fits your game.

Consoles BTFO

The N64 is the most advanced console because it had a 64-bit processor in the early 90's, something that STILL isn't standard today :^)

I bet it would run on 400 FPS if it was on the PS4 Pro :3

I'll donate when I get a job. Hopefully around like 50$

I was just getting through Zelda Minish Cap and I saw your game. I'm happy to know I'll have something else to pay when I beat it. Keep up the excellent work!

Game developers are humans too (´;ω;`)

This is what I'm making too, but the list of features I'm cribbing is:

1. Style meter that gives you benefits when you fill it up in-game
2. Taunts
3. Third-strike parries
4. Heavy focus on dashing, momentum and meaningful combos.

Sorry, I meant PLAY
I would pay for your game, though
As long as there is a Linux port and it runs on a fucking toaster

Sauce on that song?
Polite sage

wtf i hate your game now

just kidding, I hope your $9 will supply you with many direct order vietnamese instant noodles

Also, I'm curious; is your light system basically drawing to two different render targets? Eg, the first pass is the immediate, fully bright area, and the second pass is the semi shadows you can see

I'm also wondering about how the two light circles merge. It would be obvious to draw two white circles as a clipping mask of sorts, but the radius seem to merge and separate over time, which I found interesting.

I tried using two different map editors for Quake 2. Trenchbroom's recent beta that adds Quake 2 support and GTKRadiant 1.6

Trenchbroom crashed every time I tried to build a map. Wheras gtkradiant 1.6 would just refuse to compile.

I ended up having to install Gtkradiant 1.5, which is a slightly older but slightly different version and it finally built a map.

I'm not sure if it was related to my settings or whatever but I'm just glad it finally worked.

I might wait til Trenchbroom's beta that adds Quake 2 support finally finishes so I can use that since it's leaps and bounds better.

I'm pretty shit and graphics programming, but essentially I draw a bunch of radial gradients to a rendertarget additively, convert RGB to HSV then posterize only the value and do some tonemapping, then draw that texture with multiply blend mode on top of the scene.

Make sure you have enough money for yourself first~

It's a bit different from Zelda mechanically, but similar enough that you'll hopefully enjoy it. If it's ever finished.

It's gonna help me pay for rent someday..

I was wondering if your
v i d e o g a m e
is gonna feature tons of clothing options or gear? Also can you change gender? can you have sex with animals or people. Do you draw all the sprites yourself?

Yes
I don't know yet
Game is moddable so up to you
The vast majority of them, yes, but I also work with an animator/art but most of his work isn't implemented in the game yet

Nothing. Just make sure to add props and add changes and shit to make it less repetitive.

How is creating a few models you basically copy and paste all over the level slow and painful? Creating every part and model of the map individually and unique is faster in your opinion? How does that work?
Does that also apply that to props in your opinion? Do you think every model has to be unique?

How is it wasteful? You safe harddisk space by reusing and also do your cpu and gpu a favour by drawing the same model and textures instead of drawing more unique models and textures. Games would be several hundred gigabytes big if done your way.

That's why you use detail maps, decals, props and all kinds of shit to prevent that as much as possible.

Do you even have ANY idea what the fuck you're talking about? I just realized you are the guy who calls everything bump map, so i guess not. Well fuck i just wasted my time explaining. Please look up what modular models actually are, and why that principle is used in any fucking game since forever. And next if you "warn" people to not use something and say "implement something better" than you might as well spell out what exactly you mean, in case you actually know what you're talking about.
If you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, don't reply in the first place, if you just want to shitpost on agdg, you find better company in cuckchan.

World is ending so might as well have fun.

Alright thanks. Shit looks good so keep up the good work. Hopefully I can get a job soon so I can donate.

working on a 3d shootmans to fit my taste, i'll post pictures when they're worth looking at.

is that your weapon and hand model? can I see the hands?

Hypocrites every fucking time.

Aight boyz,

I need a good guide or write up for SFML. I just installed it and fugged around with windows n shit.

Anyone got a good tut or write up?

I dont think a frame pixel buffer is the best use of the library but that's what I know how to do \('-')/

Pls no bully, I just left game maker after deciding it was 3ez5me and I wanted to go full autismo on my own engine.

This is dope man, I really dig your art style. Do you have a plan for magic / ranged combat?

This world is doomed.

Nice deflection, faggot.

Not only did furshit get made, it got Greenlit AND it has porn scenes

e621.net/post/show/804390

It's real, go look it up yourself.

I'm just saying if I was a furfaggot, I wouldn't pay for a porn game, especially if the game is just a bad clone of Maze of Galious / La Mulana and has the porn removed

>you wouldn't a HORSEPUSSY

It doesn't look that bad, even the porn isn't too bad

Hey, what's a good open source engine for a tank combat game? OGRE is messy and lacks a physics engine while Irrlicht is old and underdeveloped.

Incredibly. It didn't really offer anything on the coding side of things, but it helped me visualize what to do a bit better and I have it… Mostly… working. Mostly because if the player moves in a perfect diagonal and hits the collision area of a tile exactly on the corner, there's still issues, but

1) I think I know what I need to do to fix that
and
2) It's such a specific scenario, that I don't think it will come up much in practice.

I always thought it was bizzare to. Until I came here and saw pics of them in various threads with an underlying hint of femdom

I have no idea what makes people furfags though.

Guy from the horror game project here. Looking for someone who can animate to take some of the load off of our modeler. Also if you've got some experience with UV mapping and texturing, hit me up.

OGRE is a rendering engine, not a game engine. And pretty much any 3D engine should do as any engine worth its salt has no preference to what kind of game can be made with it.

Anyone ever play that pod racing game for the N64? Go so fast, your engines catch fire? I loved that shit. I just wanted to make a game about flying fast and having fun while shit catches fire and wings rip off while trying to bomb/shoot things down. Something like Pod Racer + War Thunder against sky ships with late WW2 / early Cold War Era tech or something.

Anyway, I was getting some progress with the Unity engine; until I realized how fucked the physics are in that engine. Falling at the rate of gravity was enough to pass through walls, the camera is incapable of rotating to or beyond 180 degrees, and a host of other annoying things.

Needless to say, I'm currently trying to figure out how blueprints work in UE4.

There's kind of a spectrum of sorts. Monstergirls are basically humans with monster bits added on until you end up with something exotic. Fur faggots start with an animal and add some anthropomorphic (human-like) qualities, and call it good. The presence of a snout is usually a dead give away.

tl;dr
MG is a human with some monster bits.
Furry is an animal with some human bits.

Kraken best girl

Monstershit is just as degenerate as furry if not more so. At least furries don't think they're better than everyone else just because of their fetish.

Why don't you learn C++ ?

I just want to get a prototype up and running quickly first. Get some core mechanics going, figure out how to work with the engine kit, and so on. I'll certainly have to delve into the programming side as the project gets going; it's been awhile since I've touched C/C++, much less done anything complex with it, so I'll likely have to relearn a lot of course.

Or were you suggesting I make a game from scratch?

Coming from someone who knows how to program C++ in UE4, I would recommend getting familiar with Blueprints before you dive into C++.
But if there is every any chance that your project will be transferred over to C++, start it as a C++ project.

Even when working with c++, you generally implement shit in c++ then call it through blueprints. You don't learn one or the other, you learn both.

Get the fuck out of here you
HERETIC

supposedly it is "The Black Angels - Bad Vibrations", I got the webm from here.

Both Furniggers and Monsterniggers need to be PURGED, it will be a great fun destroying you, and Battle Brother Mike "500k Volt Inquisition" Pence" will spearhead this assault.

You can use the tutorial on their website to get you started but it mostly focuses on the easy not so useful stuf.
I kinda just learned through their documentation which is excellent and some trial and error.
here's my project gitgud.io/greenman/rts.git it might be useful to you the actual drawing is done in Run.cpp so thats probably where you wanna look

The retards here spamming "heretic" don't even know what the word means.

ow the EDGE

i don't know how, but i'm gonna fuck them

It's perfectly natural to like curves.

grandpa, why are you, like, playing with these nerd blocks, don't you know it's the current year
just like, make a few meshes bro, you only need a few
slap more props and decals on top of that shit, don't you know 24 FPS is the standard

Monstegrill dungeon crawler status: finished, just waiting for user to finish the last 7 sprites and then I can kick it out of the door. I finished just in time because I started losing interest already.

Great argument. Then how about a non-fps map that isn't nearly empty and has more than three rooms? If you want to disprove a proven technique in game development used by most devs and studios, you've got to try a bit harder.

Also if you absolutely need a map that is "welded together", you could also place the modular models and afterwards use a boolean method to connect them in any 3d program, so it's all one model with connected verticies in the end, if you absolutely need to have that, so your argument is still invalid isn't it?
You're just confusing 3d newfags if you reply with your half-knowledge.

No one is telling you to slice everything into 2000 parts without reason you faggot. You can also have entire hallways, rooms and other big parts of a level as mesh to reuse. The idea behind modular simply means to reuse meshes if you can save time, harddisk space or calculating power through it, not every single door, window or wall needs to be modular. How modular your level is going to be of course it depends on what you plan to be your endproduct and how modular you need it. Rejecting entire workflows through cherrypicking certain scenarios, won't do you any good.

And as a added bonus the tracks don't animate anymore, just fuck my shit up fam. Is it too much to ask for getting a proper inheritance system at modeldef.txt

Yes, I'm leading those poor innocent 3D modeling newbies to their doom by posting specific solo game dev advice.
You mean, the first result for a "how to make a 3D level" search in a post 2007 world.
I provided examples, all you did was call me a retard for not doing things like your favorite sweatshop, and putting things in my mouth in a classic faggot fashion.
I'm not telling you not to use props or decoration (but don't be a retard with it), and to never copy anything.
I'm saying that
and you're just outright lying about

Irrlicht is also a rendering engine

this is why you don't go back and forth between editing sentences, kids

How do I push past complacency? I want to learn Godot so I can at least make a proof of concept for my game. But it's so easy just to take the day or two I don't work every week and just sit around playing games or watching anime.

I'm done optimizing

What was the biggest bottleneck?

You have to have self discipline and not waver when you plan to do something.

If you procrastinate or just put things off and say you'll do them later. It makes you subconsciously not trust yourself when you'll say you'll do something. It becomes easier to put things off since you've always done that.

If you start just always setting out to do something, at a specific time. It programs a pattern into your head much like a computer.

tl;dr. Set out to do something, and try to catch yourself when you'll say you'll do it later. My advice is to schedule your time with an alarm. Like you'll always practice something at 4PM on Sunday. And when 4 Pm on Sunday occurs force yourself to do it. And eventually it'll become such a recurring pattern it'll become second nature like getting up for work in the morning.

I have never seen any serious projects with this engines but maybe you could try with that one:

Grit Engine:
youtube.com/watch?v=RpORM_it8l8
youtube.com/watch?v=qaQwU_Yt3Z0
gritengine.com/

Supposedly there is also the Panzer Elite source code release but I have no idea where it is, as no search engine showed the correct link for this engine.

Wow, thanks for this. I was honestly expecting a bunch of "Just fucking do it, you pussy" responses but this is actually really useful.

Probably the CPU to GPU bridge. Reducing the number of attributes sent to the GPU whenever possible helped a lot, especially with the particles, because the geometry of all particles is updated every frame and sent to the GPU. Also a bunch of stupid bugs in my logic that caused some objects to get drawn twice.

The polygon count has never been a problem so far though.

There's a reason why the military gets people to wake up before dawn every day, and make you make your bed, and inspect it to see if it's actually made.

If they just let people wake up whenever they won't be as diligent in their duties.

You can apply the same mindset to creating goals for yourself.

I'd suggest for instance waking up at the same time every day, even if it's a day off. And doing something as soon as you wake up. Like always try and spend 10 minutes coding or make your bed nice and tidy. Stuff like that.

It's an example of programming yourself and learning self discipline. People write books on self discipline since if you have it you can usually accomplish your goals in half the time.

I pledged an equivalent of 10 relatively good beers around here.

The real key to do away with procrastination is getting your skills up to the level that game dev becomes effortless, like breathing.

The majority of my procrastination happens when I'm working on something I'm not as skilled at. My programming happens effortlessly, I can work all day long without issue.
But with art…While I can make art of acceptable quality eventually, because I'm not as skilled at it, it tends to move along much more sluggishly, and has a high risk of causing procrastination if it doesn't go well initially.

For initially overcoming procrastination to learn the skill, see other anons and their posts. But the long-term solution is to become as highly proficient at the skills required for game dev as you can muster.

Donated. Keep going user you can make it.

Wow.
Thank you.

can godot read spreadsheet files so i dont have to do an enormous if/elif block/script to fetch stat block dictionaries for 1000+ different monsters.
its a pokemon fangame thats why its so many

well get working on that video and post it as a webm here

now spend the money on gambling and abandon your project

Will do. I've got a couple ideas planned out for a few videos. It'll be interesting to put them into something focused. They're pretty basic ideas, but I feel like they haven't been properly explored in a video.

No time for gambling, I gotta make vidya!

What if making vidya is a gamble?

I've really enjoyed watching your project come along, I'll be sending a few bux your way as soon as I get my card turned back on.
Don't worry, by the way, I'm not broke, I just have over-zealous fraud protection.

I like the idea of the game you're pitching here. Just make sure the ENGINES ARE GODDAMN LOUD VROOOOOM RADADADADADADA

AND YOU GO GODDAMN FAST AAAAAAAH

I don't even know anymore at this point, the only solution for that I can think of by not having support for team colors in the first place since my mod is intended for Single/Coop game modes only. I tried messing with the definition in several ways but no luck so far. Also I had to delete my config file for this port and configuring again because somehow I managed to mess up my team color rendering.

I guess I am going to do that then till some fucking MIT nigger fixes this shit and also bringing back the track animation somehow.

Wow ez

so how about that factorio mod?

This user knows what he's talking about.

I mean in regards to making vidya and gambling, haven't read that lengthy debate on level design don't kill me pls

I am not going to do much with it for a while for now since I cannot split myself into 2 and maintain 2 mods at once, if almost anybody wants to continue it then go ahead and I will help hit me up at the IRC. Besides that I own only a pirate version of it which caused a additional issues mainly that I am now forced to scavenge Github for mods since you cannot download mods at their official site without having a de facto paid account I used the spawner mod or w/e it was which greatly helped me in my development. It's good to know that factorio.su is still kicking through, since idk paying 20 bucks for this game is a bit too much for me and I haven't heard it got a discount at gog.com

It's great to hear through that my Factorio mod is highly appreciated.

After having to reinstall Godot due to a very unexpected error I have gotten through GFS's GUI tutorial. Now I know how to make a main menu that somewhat works

Can anyone lend me some advice with 2D cameras/sprite rendering?

The way I handle things when the camera is centered on the player is by making an adjustment to the offset equal to the change in position.
It was working just fine while I had things scaled according to 1080p, but when I set up a smaller internal resolution for easily scaling it started to mess up.

At different points rounding the numbers into integers turns out unfavorably, having the change of entity position be 1 off from the change in offset. This results in the entity jittering spasticly when it should be still.
I'm really lost as to how I can fix this right now, so help is appreciated.

I think I want to make a few geometry shapes for placing in my dungeon too. Cubes, cones, cylinders, spheres.

How do I sphere at low res?

Icosphere.

Selectively collapsing edges on a UV sphere also works if you need something more texture friendly.

And a higher res example of how you can unfuck the poles of a sphere.
Note; I did not invent this technique.

I knew the poles get fucky but I forgot about the d20 shape. I'll probably just settle for that since it works

Some of this shit at The Game Awards is really depressing.

We've got to change this industry, anons.
I'll fucking do make it happen, just you wait…

Just look for the trailers tomorrow user, there's nothing worth seeing on the normalfagfest the actual awards are.

People still watch those?

That's what we all said during Gameloading.

This is the first year I actually bothered to watch any of it, and I'm instantly regretting it.

This isn't the gaming industry I once knew.

Don't feel bad, we all made the same mistake at least once. The industry is fucked, there's no way around that.

And it's really just up to us to fix it

I might be able to dedicate all my time to my game, cuz I'm getting blackmailed and might become unemployable.

Do tell us more

Story time.

Self employment is still employment. You can't call it half.

I wasn't blackmailed, but I was fired over false allegations brought against me.
Do tell, user. You're in good company.

I found TJ Henry

Henryfags will defend this.

I was hanging out with friends who where in a band together and we where jamming, when all the sudden one was just playing this bass line that sounded all goofy but perfect for talking over. So me and this other guy got in a rap battle of dumb shit about how we couldn't pay our child support because we spent all our welfare money on liquor and generally being racist as fuck. I sort of forgot they record their jam sessions, so this shit was all being recorded. Well he wants to do an overdub of bunch cartoons and shit like vid related, and at first I was like "That sound funny" then I realized it can fuck me over if it somehow gets traced back to us, so I said no and now he said he's gunna upload the jam session and put my name on it, and do the overdubs without me and credit me for them all. It'd fuck me 10x as hard because these guys have blue colored jobs, where I'm going in CS which is flooded with feminists and shit.

Well that's kinda your fault, not for saying stupid shit but for being in a place you can be punished for it in the first place.
If you lose your job for petty shit like that, it wasn't a work worth doing anyways, if you are THAT expendable, does it really matter?

Jesus user I thought somebody had a video of you fucking the wife of your boss's boss or something like that, I feel so letdown.

well I'm pretty sure that falls under false light (i.e. false attribution, especially so if he implies you're racist/defamatory type of implications) if you didn't actually make the material/publish it yourself; while said person attributes it to u. u can sue em over it if it's really that big a deal.

no way you get kicked out of cs for saying racist stuff in private
america can't be that fucked up right?

Depends on the company, but the industry as a whole is that fucked yeah.
Try the entire first world, buddy.

Didn't have time for thread today, I was too MOTIVATED to do work.

Well it's the only thing I want to do with my life, so it's either be a game dev or die trying.

I'm glad. I enjoy doing it and I love 8ch's /agdg/ threads. They're the best. They remind me of the old threads on halfchan Holla Forums back before /vg/. There's just so much PROGRESS.

i'm in a cs study right now and our year has a telegram chat with most of the students in it
And there constantly really offensive jokes being made and no one has been kicked out yet so no i don't expect people to be able to blackmail you over some offensive jokes

algebra homework time (since i failed the algebra exam twice)
i've got the 2x2 matrix A = (6 11, 0 6) and i need to find A^71
as far as i understood, the usual way to do this would be to find the eigenvalues+eigenvectors, and from them find the diagonal version of A=B, and then just calculate B^71, since it's easy to calculate when it's diagonal
but for my case, i'm only getting 1 eigenvector (x, 0)
does that mean that i can't make find a diagonal version of A?
in which case, do i actually have to calculate A^71 like in the last two lines of pic related?

A study =/= the industry.
Go to any CS-field related convention.

Can't you threaten your friends somehow, since I can't imagine that when in this case a video with your name on it and crediting you as well writing that directly or indirectly you are approving that message doesn't sound exactly legal to me.

Right on. That's exactly why I still come here.

i've been to loads of CS-field related conventions
People are professional and nice i don't really see your point

Yes, and part of professionality is shunning anything offensive. Good job on missing the point.
Did you forget how the firefox guy was fired, how a guy got fired for making a dick joke to his neighbor in the audience at a convention, and various other cases that I can't be arsed to look up since I'm at work?

and where did this happen?
and how often do things like this happen
I mean part of being professional is also not making dick jokes
But part of being nice is also not taking offensive jokes seriously
the point being you are grossly exaggerating how upset people get over offensive jokes, most people are actually reasonable

Except that's not what I argued at all, I said you will get fired if someone uploads a video of you saying racist stuff. Feel free to try it out yourself.

well I don't have a job so I can't try it out
but the only way that happens is if someone happens to get really upset of what happened and your boss agrees it's unacceptable
which i think all in all is pretty unlikely
So I wouldn't this kind of blackmail very seriously

for a cop it's definitely different because it's government job
also this is in america but still he didn't get fired
also yes ofcourse it has happened people have been fired over more stupid and insignificant things
That doesn't mean you need to take this kind of blackmail seriously or that there is a high chance of this happening
And no amount examples is gonna convince me otherwise cause they are just that examples and sure when someone gets fired for saying something quasi offensive it's new worthy but what about all the cases where they don't get fired and what do you think the ratio is between those two.
A lot of people have a distorted view of this kind of thing because they only see the bad stuff and not just the news it's here on Holla Forums to nobody post stories about people not getting fired over memes.

New thread

Tom Alva confirms

Recast can make that easier user.

github.com/recastnavigation/recastnavigation

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Animation:_The_Illusion_of_Life

i found out about "get_csv_line()" in the File class, so that's that issue solved

8ch.net/loomis/hub.html