Killing denoblow

How do we kill denuvo? As a hater of DRM, I've noticed recently image boards have gained a lot of power over the past years.
I suggest we associate pooinloos/pajeets with the word "denuvo".

wrong map

I can't think of any way that would work, especially with your recommendation as the jumping off point.

Denuvo isn't DRM though. The most of your internet it uses is just to see if you bought the game when you launch it, and thats about it.

Refute my arguement or fuck off you degenerate Tumblrtards

/thread

Pray tell, what do you think DRM is, retard?

If a game has DRM, it's not worth playing. You're not losing anything.

Get a load of this retard

Internet connection is required for single player. see: DOOM

If that's not DRM, then what is?

He's not wrong per say, just retarded. Denuvo isn't DRM in that acts as an anti-tamper system. Makes it effective as DRM, but it in itself is not.

Don't own it, but isn't that for steamworks?

Buy games that don't use Denuvo.
Don't buy games that use Denuvo.

you mean not being able to play sp without net connection? fuck no, you can play steam games as much as you want in offline mode

You cant

Yes, you can.

this is one retarded ass thread holy shit. what the fuck kind of person thinks a forum about mongolian wall mat embroidery has any power anymore? what's the point of this thread apart from being another ebin one and done OP.

Dubs confirm: Kek didn't like "google"/"skype" and he doesn't like "denuvo" either.

Pic related

A better question is why imageboard usership went from "smart anime degenerates" to "dumb people who have nowhere else to go"

Because those smart people really weren't so smart and they went nowhere. The real smart people left imageboards behind.

Why would you want to? Denuvo is the best thing that could've happened for us. Just about every game that ships with it fails financially, and they can't blame piracy. Thanks to denuvo the vidya crash is coming faster and faster. It's gonna be great!

Hi paid denuvo shill. Be sure to include me in the screen shots you use to promote the product to potential buyers

On the off chance, you're not, the easiest way to kill any DRM is to speak with your wallet and not buy what you don't like and to vocalize why. Now good luck with that, as you'll need a few million others to jump on board.

Fortunately the majority of the games with denuvo have been so shitty that I haven't needed to contemplate buying or pirating them.

It encrypts your executables with some secret proprietary software. It's literally the devil if you care anything about privacy/safety/etc.
Also the encryption seems to be bound to hardware in some way so it's just setting up for problems in the future when it stops working after 1 or 2 generations of CPUs.

Seems like Denuvo games are starting to get cracked reliably as of recently, so maybe they will abandon it eventually like the retarded starforces and securoms of the past.

flood of newfags that thought it was le ebin meme army machine that slowly increased till the smart degenerates were just a miniscule fraction of the userbase. most of the users were shitty newfags and even if some wanted to be smart oldfags getting there would be impossible. smartfags were isolated and felt like they were surrounded by shitty newfags and left or just retreated to the outskirts while crying themselves to sleep for what the thing they once loved had become.

Because imageboard culture is kind of stagnant. People can't handle people disagreeing with them anymore. Any thread that has a "sensitive" subject posted devolves into shitposting and dubs. People no longer debate. They demand you conform to their ideas.

Do not buy Dejewvo games.
Do not talk about Dejewvo games.

MGSV

you just called yourself an idiot

It's cracked. Pirate it if you really need to play it.

this is the fucking truth right here

It's still a denuvo game.

Not even to shitpost?

Yes, but at least I understand that much.

Wow you sure showed us

That's a great post. Sorry I deleted mine.

So then don't buy it and don't recommend people buy it unless they remove Denuvo.

Marketers aren't that black and white. To them, there's no such thing as "bad publicity"

You do not defeat it by attacking it directly. We should, however, go after the shit games that use it. Once it becomes a sure sign of a game being a no-faith release, consumers will avoid it like plague.

Alternatively we can play up how it's basically fucking spyware and can damage SSDs via constant encrypt/decrypt of game files. You know, the same tactics taken against SecuROM.

it's already dead it's just slow to crack

No, you can't just post "You're wrong" and leave it at that, faggot. Fucking contrarian shitposters from intl need to get the fuck off this board.

You don't need any kind of magic. Just buy the games that do not use Denuvo while refusing to buy games that do use Denuvo. Far as I'm aware, no game that uses Denuvo has interested me & it has been getting cracked.

I wish you were joking…

You're right. Instead I'll dump copypasta and memes to make a point instead of forming my own argument. Everyone knows that my ideas > your ideas anyway, so why not shitpost?

Isn't calling him a contrarian Holla Forums shitposter just using a bunch of buzzwords to say "he's wrong" and leave it at that?

Wait, that's the joke. Never mind.

I've already pirated it. I am not user. Don't assume things about me.

why do you want to kill Denuvo ?

Quality post

That's exactly what DRM is you fucking retard.

i wouldn't call something that still takes months to crack dead

This is why I miss 2014. During the first exodus the boards were slow but shit threads were less common, I would be able to open up 5 or 10 good threads per board. The worst kind of shitposting you would encounter was
HE
threads. Nowadays I'm lucky if I find 3 good threads across the 7 boards i frequent most. Back then there was actual discussion of ideas and instead of shouting down dissenters with meme arrows and reaction images, the reaction images were accompanied by an explanation for why what they said was retarded.
Holla Forums is dead but I have nowhere to go.
Save me.