Games you wish that didn't fail

MadWorld > Anarchy Reigns
I don't get how a game like MadWorld failed, I mean, it's not the fact that it wasn't successful, is the fact that literally failed and is considered one of the greatest failures of video games. You could blame the fact that it's on Wii but the game advertised itself as a mature Wii game and it wasn't the only one there. The combat and the idea behind it is pretty neat too, and it's one of the best games if you're looking for ultra violence. Yet, people rather anarchy reigns for some reason even if it's one of the worst platinum games.
This is one of my favorite deaths.

Other urls found in this thread:

gametracker.com/search/ffow/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Evil Within. From what I hear Mikami wanted to do something sci-fi related, but Bethesda wanted him to make another Resident Evil, so there's almost a mix of that along with 70's outfits in the final product. But it could have been so much more, I just wasnt a fan at how it didnt go back to the survival horror "roots" outside of limited ammo and how it went full on action near the end.

Its sad because there are things I like about it like the beautiful visuals and art direction, along with an interesting story that doesnt tell you everything outright and wants you to piece it together. There's also the combat which outside of some annoying encounters can be fun because it borrows some setups from RE4 but also brings back the fire permanently killing enemies mechanic from REmake

i felt like TEI started pretty strong and just fell flat as fuck during the third act. it had some a couple pretty good levels and general combat was enjoyable. lots of strange design choices like forced letterbox, but some kinda brilliant shit too like having claire de lune playing from inside the save points so you follow it to safety

I want a sequel, but knowing Square they'd fuck it up.

Controls were shit, controls in Anarchy Reigns weren't shit.
If you like motion controls go fuck yourself.

TEW was doomed to be shit because Mikami didn't want to make another RE4.
End of story.

Shenmue and Beyond Good and Evil come to mind.

It desperately needed at least ONE MORE layer of complexity.
At the very least a better combo and scoring system, one that rewards speed and punishes stale executions. It has options, it just doesn't give people a reason to use them.

What if I stick a Wiimote in your ass, fag? I bet you think No More Heroes is better without the motion controls or without Travis mentioning the Wiimote at all.

At the very least Shenmue got that Kikestarter going on and there have been multiple rumors about Beyond Good and Evil Although after playing it I don't see the hype, it was mediocre at worst

madworld failed with the controls, but the music makes my penis a bit harder than usual

Well, it's like the Arkham serie and people complaining about being too easy. You have the options and the reason to use them is to get a better/perfect score.
I can highly agree with that.

Neither of those things change the fact that it's on the Wii.

the art style hurts my eyes so i couldn't play it for more than 45 minutes

All of these games deserved to fail.

The letterboxing I guess was to help with the framerate or something, though I guess they realized they messed up since you have an option to turn it off on PC.

I agree though, it does fall apart, especially with the ruined city level and the shitty final boss.

I wished he could have made another REmake though. Or beta RE4.

Yeah, a REmake of 2 and 3 should be really nice.

The thing I liked the most was the art style.Pretty striking.

Wario Land > NSMB

I bought mad world, but never finished it. It was just too damn repetitive.

heh

Beyond Good and Evil deserves to be forgotten.

R.U.S.E. comes to mind. It's one of the few if only RTS games to come out after 2007 that didn't suck ass. It needed map editor and mod support but Ubishit didn't really support it at all plus we will never get a Pacific Campaign. Ubisoft's kikery over it actually lead to several employees quitting the company and the formation of Amplitude Studios.

Frontlines Fuel of War

Seconding this. It was pretty fun, even if the singleplayer was just multiplayer with bots and cutscenes.

did it have dedicated servers? could it be revived?

They are up but dead
gametracker.com/search/ffow/

well that blows, i guess the only shot would be if cracked copies work online and v felt like bringing some life back into it like delta force or whatever that game was.

Just checked the Steam page for it
I think there may be hope for it yet.

If this didn't fail, Westwood may still be aliveā€¦

No it would only have delayed the inevitable. Once you sign a contract with EA you have sold your soul to the devil.

Renegade was a good game.