Is it worth it?

The full Baldur's gate series is available for like thirty dollars, should I buy it all or leave out the siege of dragonspear (as that bit is 16 dollars compared to 1 and 2 together being 14 dollars).

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/search/baldurs gate/0/99/0
torrentz2.eu/search?f=baldur's gate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can't really comment on the gameplay changes the "enhanced" editions brought to the table, but I know they're full of leftist pozz, so if you care about writing and lore consistency better avoid them.

No user, just no.

Look man all I know is that Baldur's Gate itself is good and that I can't find any of the games on torrent websites. If you have an alternative that won't murderfuck my hard drive, then by all means lay it on me.

absolutely not, pirate the old version and mod it instead of giving money those SJWs "devs" for a poor "enhanced/modded version" that adds more bugs than fix it, also siege of dragonspear is pure shit.

Go to the share thread nigger, if they don't have it ask.

All right thanks. Also, why is Dragonspear shit?

Cancerware doesn't have the rights to the series, Beamdog owns it and they took down the old version and put up their "Enhanced Edition" abortion of a fanfic game for people to eat up.

Oh fuck this is the game where that is from? I thought it was a different one. Yeah nah I ain't dealing with that shit.

see and
this is the kind of "writing" you can expect, the gameplay side is just as shitty but for more on that research yourself, it's PoE levels of boredom, bad writing, bad combat and encounters.

Yeah like I said here I didn't know that this was the game where all that shit went down, I thought it was another series. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh god, I did not know but I never wanted to remember this.

GOG versions are on the few public trackers left. Get those and get the various fixpacks. Beamdog is a shit company and doesnt deserve any money.

Assuming no money will be sent to anyone, which version to get?
Original GOG version or EE GOG version?

I've tried the Pirate Bay, Bitsnoop, and Extratorrent and come up empty

Personally I'd say regular with mods since EE used to be buggy as fuck but some anons say it's fine now so go with whatever.

rutracker probably has it

try the may 16th gog dump

Oh that did it, thanks for the tip

Is Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga the right choice?

I mean, is it the original first game

Bladder's gate was never good.

What the fuck user. Are you talking about the EE? Ignore that shit, get the originals.

EE literally did nothing wrong, literally.

THIRTY bucks?

Hell no. Especially not the EE.
Get the cheapo original from GOG or somewhere and install the Tutu mod.

some faggot somewhere's going to cry about FBI spybots or some shit but does anyone even TRY the pirate bay anymore?
thepiratebay.org/search/baldurs gate/0/99/0

The old BG? It's ok. I remember it being extremely overrated about two years back, now it's being shat on, but the reality is that the game's about average. It's not particularly good, it's not particularly bad

The only reason I bought the EE's is because they have much greater potential for modding than the originals. One mod I use allows for the construction of golems for mages, and another makes ranged weapons pierce weapon immunity NWN style (i.e. the launcher is used for the enchantment bonus, not the ammo used, so normal arrows will work on an iron golem while using the Heartseeker +3).

I honestly could not give less of a shit about the new NPCs or Dragonspear's faggy writing, all I care about are mods that couldn't be made before because of the original's engine limitations.

You sicken me.

ib4 incoming facepalms

Your opinions are shit.

Just fucking pirate the GOG.com versions

Don't buy EE
Don't buy Dragonspear

Probably can just get original BG 1 & 2 on GOG or torrents of it.

Install tutu, and widescreen if you want.
Pretty good game. Apparently cool to hate on it now. Average story, average combat, average exploration plus party bantz.

Hey user, you kinda forgot the best part

Baldur's Gate is a great series but you should really just pirate it. Black Isle is long gone and nobody is going to make BG3 (and considering "current year" you don't want it). All the people who worked on the series got payed and moved on.

I think EA owns the rights? So there's that.

torrentz2.eu/search?f=baldur's gate

We live in a age where people are lost without Google or their digital assistant.

Siri I want to play Shadows of Amn!
No I'm downloading Watchdogs 2 instead. Continued inquiries will result in contacting law enforcement.

Get fucked OP.

If you're into Baldur's Gate 1 modding the scene is centered around the original not EE, Baldur's Gate 2 is compatible with EE I believe but yeah you fucked up.

The hate is from Newfags who've never played those types of game before, not liking it, and shitting on it openly. I'm always mildly amused when Anons talk about whether it's a fad or not when it's just a change in demographics.

what torrent client do you use, nigger? I use deluge and last time I checked I didn't have one of those.

qbittorrent

I switched over from vuze/azureus and even that one has a built-in search function

That would be a very bad idea if he's serious.

It's bait

But how? Just about everything except some really old shit works for BG2EE, and now there's mods that only work for the EE's. I know there's several components of bg2tweaks (now called Tweaks Anthology) that only work on the EE's. I don't understand where this "modding doesn't work for the EE's" meme came from

The original Baldur's Gate engine should be considered a separate entity for modding purposes because bugs in the engine required a change in the source code as a result many old BG1 specific mods have not been updated because it's abandoned and old shit. And there is BG1 specific mods that do things the EE version can't do. The constant patching to EE also fucked and killed many Mods for itself. And a lot of recommended Mods are old shit so you're going to need the original anyways.

Of course it's been two years maybe compatibility has changed, lots of stuff is memory holed so it doesn't matter much to me anymore.

BG sucks.
All of them.
kill yourself

didn't bother reading the entire thread, but:

do not under any circumstances reward them with any money for siege of dragonspear. beamdog was actually under contract not to change or omit ANYTHING from BGEE1 and 2, and as such were only allowed to add new characters (such as the classic "seething evil" edgelord dorn il-khan in BGEE1 that you can easily ignore and never miss out on anything for ignoring) and the occasional new quest.

dragonspear, though, is a pretty much perfect example of the 2016 gaming industry. they rewrite safana's character so instead of being the classic black widow who uses her femininity to get her way she is instead a rude bitch who just shit-talks everything you do from the back row. a character on the street basically calls you over just to tell you they used to be a man before they decided they were a woman. the writing is horrifyingly bad; there is a quest where you basically catch a woman red-handed after murdering her husband and no matter what you get railroaded into saying "welp he probably deserved it". the ending totally beggars belief, look it up if you want to see a classic mary sue pull some retarded shit that wouldn't fly on a ten year old's roleplaying livejournal but somehow got one of the most prestigious RPG names on it you're goddamned right i mad

tl;dr google for "amber scott". once you're done being disgusted, she was the lead writer for dragonspear

no

Thanks for fighting off evil Nazi white men and that bad gamergate :D :D :D :D