LotR

Where are the good LotR games? I remember the movie tie in games actually being somewhat fun, but it's been years since I've played them. Not to mention the diablo clones for GBA were also top tier.

I really just need something to satisfy my urge for adventuring in a fantasy world and seeing fantastical sights

Mount & Blade LOTR mod
LotRO, though learning how to play the lute and other instruments is more fun than the actual gameplay.
War of the Ring
Battle for Middle Earth 1 + 2
LotR Conquest is fun with friends but otherwise sucks

I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

The books are pretty good. Not really a game though. never actually read them but that's what I heard

You should get on that

The RotK licensed game for the GCN/Xbox was pretty good if memory serves. It had pretty fun couch co-op so my brother and I had a good time. War in the North is also 100% serviceable as a co-op game, just don't play it solo.

That's a pretty good list if you exclude LOTRO, shit's garbage.
Pretty good description, we had more fun on the Moria map messing with the drawbridge than we did actually playing the game, though. RIP Pandemic.

They're excellent, you should read them before consuming any other LOTR media.

This should be a bannable offense.

it's actually really fucking difficult for me to focus on anything for any period of timenot ADD, just depressed as shit

Lord of the Rings: The Third Age for Xbox

War of the Ring was great, it was based on the books and not the faggy films so it get extra points for that.

Me too, the closest I've gotten to coming close to the feeling of reading LotR or Silmarillion with a video game was Morrowind. I don't think any other game really did it for me.

The environments in Wrath of Mordor are very pretty. That's about all you can say for it.

You really ought to, if you're not a reader you should listen to them in audiobook format. It's the absolutely best the genre has to offer.

Third Age Total War and its plethora os submods

Lord Dunsany is awesome as well.

let me tell you about magick anonit's really simple, no reallyall it takes is to think about what you wantthats itno seriously the mind is the most powerful thing in the universejust think that you're happy and do things that makes you happyall is mind

I remember that one story he did about the haunted forest with huge animals and stuff. That was good.

I remember having some fun with the Pandemic (SW:Battlefront II/The Saboteur) game in splitscreen, didn't get to get a deep enough so I can't say much about it, hit a bug or something I think.
In regards to the books I started the Hobbit and I'm convinced I'm gonna generally like the stuff. No wonder the movies were shit, this tone would've worked great as a 2D animated movie.

Getting your hand on the official LotR license is hell. The Tolkien estate isn't selling anymore.

This is a 18+ website faggot

I love his work, likewise I also enjoy George MacDonald's stuff. None of them reach quite the same heights as Tolkien though.

I never read LotR or the Hobbit all the way through either. I've read Silmarillion though.

I half expect Trump to go full Khmer Rouge and execute all intellectuals.

Trump cultist: "Does anyone in this village know what the capital of Canada is?"
Village doctor: "Ottawa sir!"
Trump cultist: "Kill everyone and torch the place."

The Third Age is wonderful. It's a turn based game but it's stupidly fun and you unlock a mode where you play as all the enemies and bosses.

Agreed. That and LotR RotK ps2 game was breddy good.

People tend to shit on Shadow of Mordor, and most of the criticism is genuine, but if you haven't played an Arkham or AssCreed game it's good fun.

Also, the Two Towers and Return of the King for the GBA. Great action RPGs. Also, the PS2 co-op beat'em ups are fun, but only if you have a friend.

but there was a 2D animated movie, it was really good

The 3 best Tolkien games.

The Last Days(Warband mod)
The Two Towers(gba version)
Lord of The Rings Online

Im a huge Tolkien fan, got first edition prints and all that good shit; I thought the bew Hobbit films were okay. I generally liked the first one quite a lot actually. The next two were much weaker though. A guy did an edit where he put them all into one 4 hour cut movie, its pretty great. Think its called the Tolkien cut or something
I understand why my fellows would hate them though.Im just willing to look past that theyre only tangentally related to the books is all.