So anons? What are the best monitors for playing vidya with...

So anons? What are the best monitors for playing vidya with? Preferably ones with multiple hdmi ports so I can use consoles on it along with my PC. Are OLED monitors at a reasonable price are a thing now?

Just get a nice ultrasharp and be done with it.

OLEDS are SHIT for Input Lag.
Other than that, they are beautiful.
Anyway, gay sex thread? Ok.

UUUU

What advantages does an ultrasharp have over generic monitors?

mmmmmmm!~
yummy.
Also, did you want the monitor to be 4:3, or 16:10?

What's your desired resolution/aspect ratio?

what?
apparently they can go as low as NANOSECONDS for response time, almost identical as CRTs

you react faster to sound than visuals

Non-shit picture.

PLEASE BE RIGHT

oh wait its actually 1 millisecond, I swear it was one fucking nanosecond, did i entered in the wrong timeline?

no wait I rused myself again
We can go 0.01 Millisecond

Crts are still better than lcds for gaming.

At half brightness OLED monitors last 5 years.

They got great numbers, but they degrade really fast.

Was reading up on some fancy interference-based monitors, where they filter light at varying frequencies to produce color. But this tech won't be available to anyone for another 20 years, considering they only managed to achieve 15fps in the last 7 or 8 years in lab environment.
I could also be very wrong on this, maybe misreading something few years ago..

just hope the SED patent expires.

Not the same thing.

absolutelydegenerate.jpg

Speaking of monitors, lately any LCD/LED monitor seems to be able to double as PC monitor, so, what's best as in price effective? a dedicated PC monitor or some TV with HDMI port?

Monitors are definitely more price effective but I decided to get a 4K TV instead of doing a multi monitor setup, and I'm really glad I did. I play fast paced stuff at 1080/120hz and use 4K/60 for RPG's, movies, and desktop space when doing productive work and/or shitposting. When I get around to getting a newer GPU I'll probably give 4K gaming more of a go.
I wouldn't recommend this if you do any work that needs color accuracy, the color looks good but I'm sure it's less accurate than a typical monitor or any CRT.

Ya'll don't know what you're missin.
Threadly shill for >>>/vr/

And for a serious response;
Seemingly not. I'd love to get one, but there's still the problem of deterioration and of course the fact they have shit latency. I'm thinking about investing in an IPS panel or 2 to replace some of these extra thrift store LCDs I have hooked up to this machine.

This. I wish it didn't have to be this way. All the underageb&s throw around the word hipster in the CRT threads on Holla Forums like they know what it means or something because of this fact.

When is it set to do that? Do you think any company will actually take advantage of it? I'd splooge on one in a heartbeat.

Fun fact: Television sets are made of defective monitor parts. Never buy TVs for any purpose.

Got any sauce on this? I am intrigued.

Then a dedicated monitor it is, my current one has good resolution for what's worth, most "cheap" monitors I see around are 768 vertical resolution when I would expect the norm to be 1080, is incredible considering my current one is a Dell monitor that came bundled with a computer long ago.

Gonna need a source on that

the fw900 is the holy grail
good luck finding a good working one
and rip vga ports

Almost every GPU still has legacy VGA support, nigga. It's built into the DVI standard.

BTW, is a GTX960 a good upgrade from GTX650 or should I consider a better model? if anything I will have to get one with good ram.

Sorry, but can't find it anymore (source on interference-based displays; mentioned SED displays, but they're definitely not it, there's no mention of low framerate), I most likely didn't bother memorising anything given that the tech was in its infancy at best and would come up in the news somewhere if it took off. So far it hasn't…

I do miss CRTs. Last one I had was a sweet 100Hz, flat-screen monitor. LCDs kinda do it, but once you tasted that sweet forbidden apple, you never forget.

Never buy nVidia, user. Never give those proprietary cancer jews your shekels.

The only problem is, I am working with 3D modeling and stuff and I use physX, I know CPU can do the stuff, but I am not sure if is worth sacrificing some performance, do you have any suggestions?

If CRT monitors are the way to go, do any have HDMI ports or am i gonna have to make do with DVI and a component converter so I can play my Wii on it as well?

Nope. The best you can hope for is dual-link DVI, which is the same standard HDMI was built on in fact.
The fun bit is you can natively adapt HDMI to DVI if your device has a second audio output like SPDIF or something, otherwise you're going to need an HDMI-to-DVI+Audio box to get the audio from HDMI.

Almost every monitor out there supported VGA, however, and you can easily convert Component to VGA with a GBS8200 board.

I already have speakers so I dont really need to mess with the audio too much, and i also have dvi to hdmi converters availabe so in that case, what is the best crt monitor with DVI ports for a reasonable price?

Due to their chemical composition, OLED panels can actually complete an ignition/decay cycle faster than CRT or plasma. Sadly, all OLEDs on the market today are either TVs or integrated mobile displays, both of which are infamously laggy product categories even when comparing LCDs between them and desktop PC monitors.

The only OLED PC monitor so much as rumored to exist is one model of Dell, but it STILL hasn't shipped, and has a ridiculous 4-digit pricetag.

If you're stuck with a pure-digital output like HDMI, DP, or DVI-D, you can get an external DAC such as HDFury. They're lag-free, produce clean output, and aren't too expensive (as little as ~$30), but keep in mind they only max out at 150-225MHz pixel clock depending on model, whereas most graphics cards since the mid-2000s have shipped with 350-500MHz DACs, so you won't be able to completely max out CRTs with really fast scanning tubes like that Sony.

Check the other CRT thread on the catalog, I've recommended an adapter (LKV 7600 by Lenkeng) to connect a component video source to a crt monitor on that thread and some people may have other options as well.
By the way, a wii on a crt monitor looks gorgeous.