Rune Factory/Harvest Moon Thread

Is this the best game on the 3DS? If not it's pretty damn close. It's staggering how much content and options there are in this game. You can do just about anything.

Except marry the dragon.

Can't emulate it

Nigga that aint

I liked Frontier better. It had far superior waifus.

Best game on the 3DS is weeb trash? Sounds about right.

Please do not dick the reptile! She is for platonic friendship!

4 has Dolce and Forte. Frontier has the fatty.

Best overall is probably KI:U, controls aside, with RF4 in the top 5 just from the ton of content.

See that mountain? Can you climb it?

Someone never played Elona.

You should watch your mouth.

It's almost like he has shit taste. Who would've guessed?

Hey, that's uncalled for user.

4U was the worst Monster Hunter until X came and casualized it even further. Fucking deal with it, kike

Not a argument.

What's good about Rune Factory?

This.

Also I feel like 4 is too open ended.

I haven't played the Rune factory games, but I was wondering, does any of the games have a romancable milf? This is very important.

No, the milfs are just there to tease you.

Technically you can turn your wife into a milf.

Margaret is the best girl, but only because you can't waifu Lin-Fa.

RF3 a best. RF4 has shit waifus and way too many boys.

How the fuck do I trigger ACT3 and marriage?

pure RNG.
Not even kidding, the best way is to after talking to the floor a few times, is to take someone with you, and just sleep until they fuck off.
This means that there's an active event they're involved in.

DELETE THIS

I didn't think that would ever become a problem compared to the earlier games

I'm on year 10 finishing up the last of my crop leveling, there is really not much to do after forging like hell and destroying the shit out of Rune Prana.

The only decent girl in 3 is can't have because she was already in Rune Factory 2 :^)

Finish any events you're on and then sleep with Dylas and Amber until they both have to leave. Reset if it's just one of them.
For marriage you just have to sleep with your waifu, finish all of the events they're involved with and then get the pre-marriage event.

If you marry before the end of act 1 (not possible with Leon or Doug) you get an extra scene with your waifu.

B A N K R U P T
A
N
K
R
U
P
T

;_;

I started the game recently. The pace is so much satisfying than HM. I still don't know if go for Forte or for the chinese girl. The chinese girl is always busy, thought.
I'm wondering with the whole piracy and shit, if they couldn't hack the rom to add proper adult content.

I thought you could, what a let down.

Incorrect.

I still haven't gone to rune prana.

Rune factory has a long t radition of cannot have aras

MarvelousAQL is fine what?

Thats the publisher.
Neverland is dead and buried.
RIP

the guys who made rune factory supposedly got hired by MarvelousAQL so there is still hope

I just got Dolce's event! Wish me luck on my marriage friends

I'm gonna make a HM-like game and make DAMN sure there's a Milf/Cake

At least Story of Seasons got this right

Good taste. Still waiting for romhacks.

How many monsters can you fit in one barn?

Oh, also, what's the best cost effective way to befriend monsters?

Not-Saber a best.

That's not you're right

Pirated this a few months back, and I still haven't gotten past the beginning. I need to get back to playing it.

One fully upgraded barn can hold 20 Monsters. And I believe you can have up to 10 Barns. So you can have up to 200 Monsters

But You have to save Venti

But it also had the mail girl who was God tier..

Accidentally hit the . key twice. Didn't mean to … like a faggot.

And this is?

Kill yourself, you fucking 4cancer.

So this game like a weeb version of The Sims or something? I don't have a 3ds but I plan on getting one soon.

Blame blame a nigga for axing

Nope that's artificial academy you are talking about

ToD waifus were all cliché weebshit but I loved them all. Childhood friend the least of all.

Evidently the game just doesn't want that to happen.

Alright so is it not weeb or not sims-like?

I've only seen a little bit of gameplay footage on JewTube so it's hard to tell.

It's Harvest Moon + Diablo.

Ah, trips tell the truth. Sounds pretty good, thanks user.

It's made by a japanese company. If you have a problem with that, I suggest you pack your shit taste and cook yourself a cyanide sandwich.

All Harvest Moon and Rune Factory games are essentially this:
You arrive to a new land and immidiatly obtain a farm\ranch for whatever reason.
There's a town nearby with lots of people to know and shops with usefull stuff.
Theres also a forest\mine\dungeon nearby for you to explore.

Gameplay revolves around buying seeds from town, planting crops, watering them everyday and then selling the result for profit.
Then use the money to buy animals for even more profit. Then use that profit to upgrade your tools and buy new rooms for your house.

Afterwards comes SOCIALIZING!
You'll find out what every person likes the most then talk with them once per day and give him a gift until they have max relationship, at which point you'll reward their love by ignoring them and focus on someone else.
Some of the people you can find are SMOKING HOT BABES that you can seduce woo into marriage and procreation.

The difference between Harvest Moon and Rune Factory is that the later has some form of combat involved and is more exploration based.

i don't like the forced exploration and combat in the rf games, but the recent harvest moon games have felt pretty restrictive in what you can do/need to do with your farm.
i just want to be comfy and cuck townspeople while raking in mad dosh with my dairy farm.
for me story of seasons really fell flat by locking so many things behind timers, so despite not liking the combat rf4 was a better experience.

Don't worry user I only have a problem with Anime games that have shit proportions or over-saturated colors.

So should I emulate Harvest Moon for SNES to get good taste of this?

the snes game or the n64 game. they're both really great games.

If you want the very best classic, Harvest Moon 64 is the way to go.
It's a bit harder to get used to since you don't have many of the commodities in the other games (knowing your stamina with a bar, just how much people like you, watering the center of a patch) but it's still a great game. If you pick any waifu that's not the ranch girl, you're a fucking faggot.

Do keep in mind that it's a bit more sparse in terms of content, you can collect cooking recipes but no actual cooking, for instance.

FotM was pretty good too Although I might say it for nostalgia

Nigger what the fuck are you doing?

Dude Citra is still in beta testing and completely unstable who the fuck knows when a stable version will be complete.

Time skips between the arcs.

but that's inbuilt into the game already, there's a model swap once you beat… arc 2? I forget when it unlocks.

That's neat, but I still can't play it.

If I had a 3DS, I wouldn't be bothering with an emulator.

Nigger, get a 2DS, they're dirt cheap and good for you if you have sausage hands. Refer to the 3DS piracy thread.

I've considered getting one, but the lack of the flip-case really turns me away. How portable is it really?

top tier taste user, also rune prana has the best bgm in the game

Not much. If you are worried about portability just get a regular O3DS. If you want a good experience with overclocking other games, get a N3DS.

In what ways did 4\U casualize the series?

Any news on trio of towns? I am quite disappointed that they are sticking with the farming mechanics they had in seasons.

my problem with the girl in RF3 is that they pushed their trait right up in your face every time you talked to them.

so what exactly makes this game good? If I play it, what should I be looking for?

Comfy farming, material gathering, crafting, dungeon exploring, waifus, making dosh and an story on the side.

4 had best gameplay, 3 had better waifus.
2 had horrible gameplay (lets lock a majority of the game until you're married and have a kid!), and 1 was abysmal in gameplay.

village actually feels alive more so than any other game.

How long should I expect to play before the game 'lets you loose'? Most RPGs have this hours-long intro and it puts me off

I was surprised myself, it was almost intermediately. A short sequence on an airship and little to no tutorials, and you can skip the ones you encounter. You can also skip the intro with Y.

you're a big guy

I like everything about this game, except the player having dialogue that you often can't even choose. It's making it hard to continue this shit. Is there a way to turn it off or something?

I think there's an option to turn it off, but I'm not sure.Also, I'm more surprised by the number of choices, it feels like you're part of it, except most choices are pointless.
A Silent character wouldn't have make it for the kind of story RF4 have, though. but I'd have appreciated that.

No love for the pie?

2 had best story _ _ _ and most quality waifus to be quite honest family
1 is so horribly broken but I'd say I have an easier time slipping back to it for comfy farming than I would 2 it really went five steps forward, ten back in how fucking sluggish the pace of the game was

A shame about her shit parents.

I dated her out of pity, but much like the mermaid from 3 her gimmick got old real fast and found the whole thing unsatisfying.

Depends on how you define "lets you loose". Technically you're let loose as soon as you start, but you have to do quests to unlock certain features, and progress the storyline to unlock others. Granted, the quests are just tutorials that get you familiar with the feature, and the only thing that sucks is in the beginning of the game you can only do 3 a day. Eventually the tutorial quests end and you start getting serious quests.

wait, wasn't there nine waifus in ToD? I'll need to double check, but I'm pretty sure there were nine girls you could marry.

Literally Day 2.
You can go and knock down the first story boss that very day.

What do you mean and what is SOS2?

Do it on Hard you pussy.
Just learn to craft.

at least she gives me pancakes every morning, good for raising friendship with Venti

Why is the knight wearing bronze armor but is using a steel sword?

he was short on money after buying the sword.

Off the top of my head with most names forgotten
Lilly
Odette
Nursefu
Brownfu
Samuraifu
Midget mechanicfu
Midget magicfu
Richfu
Oh and childhood friend I never bothered romancing. I guess there is 9.

Hard is the only way to play. Git gud.

>you will never pat Venti on the head

so i have been playing the first rune factory for the third time (never made it past the second cave and summer in previous playthroughs) and i have a few questions
also fuck this game for rubbing on your face you not having a kichen the entire spring season before you can actually buy one

Slight decreases in stamina use when those tools are used or something like that.

Except marry bestest first girl.

It's a bronze era tech setting, the iron sword is like fucking magic to these primitives, and made by reclusive dwarves or some shit.

Basically every young woman you meet is an open field. The only ones you can't plow is Nichola's mom and Cecillia.

Mei is just a trophy wife that is now impossible to marry without cheats.

A lotta Dragon fuckers here

Just be friends with the Dragon

She doesn't turn into a loli or something? It should be marriable.

If she turned into anything it should be a MILF or cake or something since there's no option to marry any of the existing moms in the game

The bachelorettes sometimes have a specific requirement to fill their love level. For example the librarian's love rises when you read library books and the bath house girl's love rises when you take baths.
I wanted to have a monster in each monster house rather than my first four crammed into one because autism. Since there didn't seem to be any way to move them between houses after taming them, I just caught a bunch of monsters and released the ones I didn't want. Then, to my surprise, the next time I talked to the elf maid her panties were completely drenched.

Does this happen for other Rune Factory games too, like 3?

Oh shit I forgot about the tomboy. That's 10, count em 10 waifus.

Is there really anything wrong with friendship though?

Hey, faggot, what emulator should I use to play this game? Can I have a link for the rom as well? Although I may find it on my own.

I'm gonna guess you're a girl, because otherwise you'd understand the pressing need to stick a meatflute on the things you love.

Seconding this. Last I checked, there weren't any 3DS emulators and I honestly doubt any was made but boy would I love to be wrong.

care to explain? please dont tell me it involves multiplayer shit

that makes sense, thanks

that
Mei needs to be proposed with a level 99 Lover Snapper, the only way that can actually happen is through trading one back and forth (increases its level every time). DS wifi is dead so…

Her mother was objectively better girl.

Multiplayer video game elements were a mistake.

Friendship + Sex doesn't exist.

I think there's an special server you can set up for the DS wifi, or something of the sort. It could be dead too, though.

Nah, I like her better.

Always.

It's still shit that the big bad werebeast is a fucking fluffy sheep.

Rune Factory 4 is the best

bout what I expect of waifu bait.

At least the games are self-aware enough to make fun of the MC for being so girly looking.

Can you share that here friend? I'm interested.

Pretty much Harvest Moon but with Chinese cartoon waifus, some dungeon crawling elements, monster domestication, and combat. Haven't played 4 though so I dunno what else they added but I heard they did add sleepovers

Katrina best gril
Carmen second best

Best girl and Canon waifu.

Elli is boring.

I don't even like the FoMT waifus though Karen is obviously the best of the bunch.

Pic related is the best HM girl.

Think again.

Elise is god-tier too, too bad SoS is boring.

Has anyone played one of those new Harvest Moons? The ones that are called Harvest Moon now, not Story of Seasons.

Worst girl ever

That's not even Ann.

Skytree Village is pretty nice so far.

I finally downloaded from CIAngel the game on Holla Forums's recommendation. These girls are too fucking cute I can't pick which one I like

Better make a choice then user, that's a part of being a grown man.

It went down to the chinese girl and Forte for me. They're steadily there, 5 affection each.

You can't go wrong with Xiao
also she is the only girl who can reverse propouse you

yeah it's either her or NotSaber, or the elf musician girl. fuck that's still too many I need to narrow it down

There are two versions of it on 3dsiso - one in the undub thread and the other in its own thread. You need to make an account to see it.

3 was the worst for this, I actually never beat it because marriage is required to beat it, and the Japanese milf who flirts with you isn't an option, you propose and she asks if you're serious and the character says it's a joke. Fuck RF3, fuck 4 too for no physical European version.

This is why PCs shouldn't have their own personalities

Any specifics?

Do you think we will ever see a game where the protagonist ends up in a town with all the old games Christmas cakes gathered?
I haven't given up hope for Shino. The amount of teasing was insane.

I really hope there's a new Rune Factory for Switch at some point, even a spiritual successor would be good.

Time goes by pretty quickly and terraforming gets the autism going. Downsides are I guess the village is pretty barebones and some of the early requests are a bitch to complete on time since they want specific crops or fish only found in spring, which by the time you reach them is summer is already rolling in. Just try it out, it's only 97MB.

I don't know user. I could try it, but I'm ok with Rune Factory.

fucking dropped

Well, it's not done by the original studio anymore, of course it's shit.
I also heard the translation\dialogues were atrocious but I can't confirm.

Reminder not to give Natsume any money after the dirty trick they pulled, monopolizing the previous name of the series.

That must be the smallest HM/RF game on the 3DS

Has there ever been a game where best girl was an option? For this reason I have never married in Rune Factory. If RF5 were released I wouldn't even buy the double bed.

not even the insect monsters and staff can save it

It's bullshit because they were candidates in the shitty iOS Harvest Moon.

I'd just like to know the series isn't dead. After getting near perfection with 4 it would be a shame to kill the series off now.