Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

MHX/G DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last three pics with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install the JP, EU, or NA versions respectively directly from Nintendo's eShop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CLSDeGeDpKs
archive.is/DEI6t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=CLSDeGeDpKs

What we know about MHXX

-Monster Hunter XX, or Double Cross, is basically the G version of MHX in everything but name.
-3DS exclusive, release date is March 18 2017
-Despite Tsujimoto's appearance in the Direct, Kojima's still the Producer for this title, so it is likely Monster Hunter 5 is still in the works.
-Two new Hunting Styles are confirmed, with only one properly revealed: Brave Style, which is built around buffing oneself by attacking continuously. Hunters will have a gauge ala the Tachi and Souken weapons that builds up when attacks are inflicted, and when full the Hunter is in a "buffed state" that allows for powerful chain attacks and swift dodges. The Brave Style Tachi play shows a blue colored outline for the Kiba bar, but it's unclear whether this is a change to Tachi as a whole or something exclusive for Brave Tachi.
-The second style is named "Renkin Style" and is likely short for 錬金術, "Renkinjutsu," or Alchemy. Combined with the graphics revolving around barrels, it is widely believed this Style will be related to combining and bombs.
-New Hunting Skills, including ones for each weapon class, are confirmed but not yet revealed.
-Nyanters have been buffed and can now use "Just Evades" ala Bushido Style, as well as a "Step Jump" ala Aerial Style.
-New Field: 遺群嶺, Igunrei. A non-word made up of kanji that roughly come out to "ancient ruins" "group" and "peak." A newly discovered field in a mountain higher than any visited before.
-Old fields are teased to return too, looks to be older desert fields.
-G Rank Quests are confirmed, as is a new base for them, the 龍識船 Ryuushikisen, "Dragon" "Consciousness" "Ship".
-Diablos from the original Monster Hunter and Berios and Bolboros from Monster Hunter 3 are confirmed to return
-Diablos has a Two Name version now, 鏖魔ディアブロス, Ouma (Slaughter Devil) Diablos, who is described as the "Chief" of the Two Name Monsters.
-Other new title monster alongside Ouma Diablos is an Old Dragon type 銀翼の凶星 バルファルク "The Silver Winged Fellstar, Balfalk" who has his own exclusive battlefield.

Does anyone actually bother with meownster hunters or do they just use save editors to get the scraps they want?

filthy casual

In 4U?
Up to you.
In Gen?
You would be a fool to cheat, it's one of the easiest and quickest minigames in the entire series.

If you already have rarity 9 palico gear then you already have the best. They all have similar values at rarity 9. The only meaningful difference is fashion.

CASUAL

Perhaps, I just didn't feel like waiting weeks for the particular monster I wanted scraps from to appear.

Fucking casuals

I've seriously had better luck with rare drops from regular hunts. I've gotten two rath mantles out of a single hunt. Meanwhile choosing the winning colors against Teostra results in a loss and not a single scrap.

Does this game properly simulate "monster" hunting to a T, including the part where you fuck the catch, just to know how it feels?

You can t-bag monsters after csptuting them live

Well, you can assfuck monsters with your big, turgid gunlance over and over until eventually wyvern firing your payload inside them.
So yeah, i'd say it's pretty accurate.

Got a New 3DS and MH4U is kinda neat in it, now everything plays at that butter-smooth 60FPS that only happens during the mission-complete freezeframe on O3DS. I wouldn't buy an in-the-box 3DS for it (I got mine for $120) but it's a nice improvement, and Circle Pad Pro controls make the camera a bit less infuriating.

(checked)
I'd rather just use save editing rather than grind the same mining mission until I get a drop that's over 100 times rarer than the rarest monster item.
I enjoy grinding monsters but I doubt many people actually enjoy mining for hours on end.

Yeah nobody enjoys having to mine shit for hours but cheating to get the perfect charms and gear sucks out all the accomplishment. The game is primarily built around grinding and it fucking killed me to no end seeing HR5 shitters in fatalis gear with impossible relics triple carting to monsters I could farm in my sleep using 10x less powerful setups. Haven't played 4U with randoms in a long time because of this and I mainly just play with my hunting parties because I can trust them to not be faggots. Y'know, actually playing the game while learning from their mistakes instead of hacking and learning nothing.

It's easy to think editing one little thing is harmless but don't think you're lust for cock will stop there user, because it's never enough for you shitters.

What is it with Fatalis armor, anyways? I don't recall anything spectacular gained from that particular set yet I see it as the go-to example for armor worn by shitters. Hell, the Fatalis you have access to by HR5 in 4U isn't even terribly thought-provoking or otherwise difficult to take down, yet they can't manage it.

Some armor are just for bragging rights/status symbol, but shitters being shitters don't even realize that.

You realise you could just fight a Teostra and make its weapon and/or armour, and create scraps that way, or even directly convert its carves into scraps though the palico armourer?
Why have you found the most difficult way to do something and decided that's the only way to do it?
It's not like the game doesn't tell you that this is a feature, it's fairly obvious if you look at the screen.

Even fucking Polygon figured this shit out.
archive.is/DEI6t
Perhaps you should consider ending it all user, if you're worse at video games than Polygon then you very likely don't have anything else worth living for, at least they've managed to turn their failure to be competent at video games into profit, but hey, maybe you do the same and can be an epic youtube gamer just like DSP. There's still hope for you.

Wait so they're genuinely complaining about farming scraps on MH4U, where palicos and their armour are irrelevant?
That's so moronic, I assumed that they must have been talking about MHG, you're right, I fucked up.

The Rath Mantles should've tipped you off. But yeah, the little furshitters were truly irrelevant

I miss this and the bullshit excuses they made when confronted by an experienced player, most of them would be one person hosting a room and it's a guy in edited gear who needs help with his G1 urgent.

If they could edit shit in MHG i think everyone would be running around in maxed out Esurient and Rajang sets.
Imagine the HR1's in Lvl10 Dreadking armor with Alatreon GS with critboost+10 charms everywhere

Irrelevant hunting wise, relevent fashion wise. Every aspect of your guild card has to look just right.

Dude nobody cares about guild cards.
9 times out of 10 people don't even send out guild cards anymore.
It's kinda funny because now, more than ever, sending your guild card and getting many guild cards is much more useful than it used to be, yet people do it way less.
It used to be automatic, the first thing people did was send each other guild cards, nowdays nobody bothers anymore.

That's because kids don't have any fucking manners.

That's like the first thing people do though, it's like when you give your business card to people the first time you meet.

They really don't, anymore.
In FU and P3 it was the very first thing everyone did when joining a group, it's intended to be your business card, as you just said.

But back then it was harder to get a group going so people had more time to exchange cards and chill while waiting for more players, where these days, especially if you're hunting something that's popular, people will enter and leave the room all the time, so i guess people just got bored of sending cards over and over.

Admittedly I haven't gone online recently, but when X first came out last year people were passing out cards plenty.

i was retarded for trusting the samurai specially after the game boy advance(d kikery)

forgot to mention it's even worse, i have the original old 3ds

Rule of thumb, mate, there will always be a hardware revision with Nintendo handhelds, typically to test out the next proper generation's taglines like how the GBA SP tested the DS's clamshell design and backlight or the DSi tested the 3DS's online distribution and camera. Also since GBA there's always been an ugly-duckling hardware revision like the Game Boy Micro for the GBA and the 2DS.

3ds vita when?

In the alternate timeline where nintendo and sony didn't break up from their original agreement at the start of the PSX era, and we're all playing MH x Soul Sacrifice joined in a single hybrid series with Kat's costume from Gravity Rush as craftable armor.

That sounds pretty nice
I hope AU anons are enjoying themselves.

Soul Sacrifice wasn't that good mate, just keep the Kat costume.

I liked it, out of all the monhun clones it felt like the only one with any real personality and identity.
It just needed to be polished and tightened up.
I'd for sure take a SS sequel over yet another god eater.
Goddamn god eater is so fucking boring.

No, it's way less useful, unless endgame group, but even then you need to accept only the ones with hr100+, which is like only a half(if not less) of X's higher lobbies population.

A man with a taste.

I meant as in, they actually do something for you compared to previous titles.
You send people out and they get you mats, that's kinda useful.
What the hell did cards even do in FU and P3? I completely forgot.

Boost your friendplay level and give out tickets at certain thresholds for incredibly hard to obtain materials, which are now as plentiful as the amount of shitters online.

Seen some random with:
360 raw HOW?

Capcha
noHame

I hate it when randoms capture monsters on the verge of death. It feels cheap to not see it to the very end and to take an unnecessary short cut. Is it a force of habit for shitters that used it as a crutch early on?

What the hell are you talking about.
Killing and capturing monsters gives different % on different materials, they're capping them because they need a higher % on specific parts.

I mean capturing outside of rooms designated for farming. Like I'll help a g2 out with key quests and they're going for captures on every single one

Im seeing that alot in MHG as well.
Also the fact that NO ONE waits for it to sleep before trying to cap. I can't even get muh LVL3 GS LBB+ shit off anymore so i stopped trying.

And good fucking luck sleepbombing anything in MHG as it's shitter central, at least in 4U you had entire rooms with people who would jump at the chance for you to make that 140 grind a little bit easier and quicker.

Well, sometimes it's also the "gotta get this shit over with RIGHT NOW" mentality.
Happened to me a couple of times when i started a hunt, fucked up the timing and within 3/4 of the hunt i suddently had to do something else, so as soon as i saw a limping opening i capped, simply to get the quest over with more quickly so i could go.

Guess a mix of impatience, and/or genuine urgency does push some people towards capping to speed shit up.
Just imagine one of your fellow hunters is sweating profusely looking with bulging eyes at the screen saying "I GOTTA TAKE A SHIT HURRY UP" and it'll cheer you up.

I'll try that. It's just such a tease to not finish with a kill.

WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
rhetoric question, of course. I know it's autism.

No honor in it, I just find carving and the death animation satisfying

It keeps happening.

Playing MHFU. Any good High Rank armor for Swordmaster? I just sticked with the low rank Garuga but I can't evade all monster attacks forever.

After XX Capcom is most likely going to finally have to make an HD Monster Hunter for what most likely will be the Switch, and I cream my pants just thinking about it. Just think of all the great things we'll get from Monster Hunter getting off of that flip-phone hardware of the 3DS:
And that's just if the game formula stays exactly the way it is.

Ceanataur S set until G rank is more than enough, and you're gonna have a hard time getting evasion in high rank. Once in G rank, you can try for the Narga X set if you must have evasion. My favorite G rank setup is
Head: ceanataur z
Body: Narga x
Arm: kusha x
Waist: kusha x
Legs: ceanataur z
With the right decorations, you get evasion +1, sharp sword, sharpness +1, and speed sharpening. No weapon slot needed. Pic related, Sorry for the moon, I only have the JP version.

Voice chat in game full of frenchies, no thanks man.

The transition between areas is never going to go. You're fooling yourself if you think HD will change that.

4U actually had that to a minor extent, those Ace hunters you pal around with in the story mode help with a couple things (ie the Kushala Daora encounter towards the end of HR caravan quests) and for all intents and purposes behave as you would in the same scenario. They're getting there.

HEY KIDS!

Today Hyper Deviljho has been released in Gen.
The entire community is in a frenzy attempting to hunt it because the set is pretty useful and also looks pretty sick.

GET READY FOR CHAIN TRIPLECARTING
GET READY FOR GAPING PROLAPSED ANUSES
RAGEQUITS
PEOPLE FUCKING UP SLEEPBOMBING OVER AND OVER
PEOPLE GETTING ONESHOT LEFT AND RIGHT

Who the hell would want that? Cats are already bad enough, holy shit. Most players don't even taken them along when they solo. Shakashits were probably the best AI companions, purely because you had direct control over when they used their special abilities and could do shit like cutting tails off with the canon+whetstone masks – but even then they mostly just got in the god damn way.

Voice chat?

It just wont eat meat which sucks balls due to its massive stamina of 119,401.
Had to whip out the Khezu Hypo and sleep the fucker to make it bearable.

I don't understand the thrill of AI hunters either considering that, in all likelihood, they'd just follow Palico AI set to a hunter's weapon for the most part. There's no way in hell they'd be smart enough to fight like a player realistically.

I've made the set and i'm working towards upgrading it.
He can twoshot people under specific circumstances, but it's not as bad as i assumed him to be pre-release.

Was lucky enough to pair up with a couple of sleepbomb gunners the last two hunts and everything went pretty fine.
But as i feared the "ok i carted once, i'm gonna quit now" and "i carted twice, LET ME TRY AGAIN MAYBE THIS TIME IT'LL WORK" is starting to happen in many rooms.

To be fair, the Mirco came at the very end of the Advance's lifetime and wasn't meant to be a replacement of an older model.

I think someone is having a monopoly on shit taste.

Other than that, went with randoms, someone triple or double carted and then shamequited, success on the first try.

Did you even play online? Or, did you even try the kushala tutorial?
I don't understand either why would they have a palico AI if they were to implement AI hunters as one of the main gameplay mechanic.

What?
Let me guess, you're looking at the normal Esurient set and not the Esurient R set.

It's the one on the right, not the one on the left.

Looks really edgy

Well it's made out of a giant dark green pickle made up entirely by muscles, teeth, dragon breath and permanent primal rage.
Hard not to make it edgy.

Oh, I was looking at the other reward the quest gave, but
>"lol, we don't know what skill to put in a gunners set"
>only use is in set mixing so the "sick look" goes out the window straight into the fucking trash
still garbage, still shit taste.

I could understand it in 4, where it provided an easy greediness set shortcut and punished you for taking it.
But now you are just punished for your own stupidity. And rightfully so.

Alright now you're just being a dickhead.
It's a set with built in sharpness +1, and a shit ton of slots you can use as a blank canvas to slot in anything you want, especially with a good charm.
Somehow even this isn't good enough.

It was silly of me to respond, it's clear you just wanted to nitpick no matter what and you wouldn't have been pleased even if the set sucked your goddamn dick 24/7 when you put it on.

I regret not rushing through this game when it first came out, it's fucking dead as shit now and I can't find someone to hunt trash like snarf with me.

shiggy diggy

Great idea that is garbage on practice. Wonder why I never saw anyone in full chakras.

Sharpness skill scales with razor sharp, heavy polish and speed sharpening.
Razor sharp is impossible to gem in and sharpness+2 would be easier to achieve to get a better effect.
If you go for heavy polish then you'd rather use glavenus s set.
Speed sharpening is eh(for anything other than gs), unless you go for heavy polish.
If you go for sp+2 without handicraft +4 tali it's almost half the slots gone.
So nothing that scales usefulness of a handicraft can be inserted rationally.

The only weapon type that would have a noticeable benefit from such a small boost is a great sword.
So let's say we have a +5 any skill 3 slot tali what do we get?
Aerial and adept eat through sharpness, so we go for striker or guild with crit draw and focus.
Since we don't have any slots left for any big skill, we go for speed sharpening. We could go for sp+2 instead, but it changes pretty much nothing in terms of weapon picking.
So we either take Milstone Bereaver - 228 raw, or Virtous knife - 220 raw +5 def +deviant buff.
I'd pick the 2nd one since it would look better with the set.
In the end, we get an only decent(4 skills, no insane damage boosts) fashion hunter vanila gs set with abysmal elemental defences that requires the top 2 1 skill type talismans. In my opinion it's worth it, since I have the talismans, thank you for making me go autistic about it, but way too far from
ergo, it's shit for the most people out there.

Is MH Frontier 6 any good?

REMINDER NOT TO HIT THE HEAD WITH HH

Short answer
No

Long Answer
Fuck no, and you should feel bad for even thinking about it

if i was thinking of pirating it should I feel less bad?

What am I looking at here?

Cuckjin Hunter released a video on Famitsu's latest MonHun scoop.
>>tamamitsune deviant is blind, something about super bubbles maybe echo location?
>>electric bug lizard I can't remember the name, fugg is now a blueish hue turning white the more it charges up, bigger horn and an energy-blade-like super beam
>>gamuto had it's skull cracked and is now 100% more "chill" TL note: pain in the ass
>final atomic slaughter diablos is permanently enraged and in lieu of an enrage it throws a world ending temper tantrum with barely a chance to counter, it seems
>G-rank deviants have their defining attacks/traits turned up to 11 hellblade tail slam covers a Frontier level area from the look of the screenshot

Furthermore we now have information on the barrel/alchemy style and SP mode
>>Bushido: more fucking i-frames

Alchemy Style:
>>1 - food item, increases stamina amount / wet stone, increases sharpness HA gauge speed same for gunner/bow
>>4 - turbo slick axe duplicate stuff in your pouch ore and maybe even carves** / add coke and mentos to your barrel for a wacky bomb
>>5 - heal everyone and cure status / HA gauge smoke bomb +30%

wew, I really suck at this

ebin meeems :D

Was gonna post about the new deviants but you beat me to it.
DID SOMEONE SAY MORE SHITTY DEVIANT SETS?
Gunners rejoice as theres Probably still nothing worth wearing.

Maybe Blue Asstalons set will have repeat offender and some other skills to make it a contender for the Toka set.

Basically the team listened and gave us fist weapons.
…sorta.
Somewhat.
It's more like cat claws i suppose, with a LS core gameplay where you land the last hit of the combo and that advances you to the next level.
It's also a completely separate type of cat so it'll have a separate skillset that will work around it's melee oriented role, so that's good.

Hey, at this point i'll take it, it at least REMOTELY resembles fist weapons in some form.

Also Alchemy style will pretty much be an obligatory pick for HH.
HH + Alchemy = full support, AOE healing, buffs out the ass, all kinds of helpful shit.
You get 3 arts so you could even slap Hunter Oasis on one of them and have even more tools to heal and keep everyone up.
And on top of that you're constantly refreshing SP mode for everyone.

Scan of the previous page detailing Alchemy.

i dropped meats everywhere but jhojho ignored them all, does the hyper pickle ignores colored meats?

I'm still disappointed it didn't turn out to be a bombing style

Give me strength mhg. I'm this close to finishing MHFU, but I need to kill Fats (all three kinds). I already killed Ukanlos forty second before end of the quest and with zero continues and enough HP for one hit. I don't even want the Fata armor. There's still Teostra and Kushala, but they are at least fun.

Hypers don't get hungry or tired.

hum, never noticed before, but now that you mention its true

Should i get into the mh with original ps2 game or monster hunter freedom which is something like the first game + expansion pack?

Didn't play it, but from what I read MH is missing A LOT of stuff from next games. If you're going to play freedom, no reason not to play freedom unite instead, which is freedom expanded basically. Keep in mind it's harder than other games in series, partly due to uncomfortable controls and crazy hitboxes on monsters. There's portable 3rd, there's games on nintendo consoles, which probably are the best choice to get into MH, if you have those consoles.

Emulate Portable 3rd on your computer. Good title to start with and that way it's free to give the series a spin. PPSSPP is easy to work with and should run on a toaster.

This is how you do Hyper Jho right.

On another note have you seen those 500 or 600+ Defense rooms?
Its hilarious how these nubs keep getting carted by this "Super Hard" Jho.
Bitches don't know about by my wystones

Will i miss any of the first games story if i go with portable 3rd?
These mh names and updated versions are all so very confusing.

You are the new kid in town and everyone wants you to give monsters a good dicking.

I actually liked playing as the fucking cats, it was pretty fun so hopefully this new form will make them more useful outside of LR\Dedicated Heal Slut

Yes.
Better to bring a ranged sleepbombing setup.
Also remember that once it's limping, he'll almost always change areas two times, not just once.
I've seen people waste so many traps.

MHFU is generally speaking the recommended first MH.
You go like MHFU -> MHP3 -> MH3U -> MH4U -> wait for the new version of Gen
I however, and most other people in the community, have tons of respect towards people that take the effort to start with the very first game.
It's not mandatory or anything, but having a good understanding of the roots of the series can help you understand the rest of it.
But yeah, generally speaking starting with MHFU is good enough.
If you can't handle how rough it is you can then move on to P3 after trying it out for a while.
This game is called monster hunter.
You hunt monsters and slap their body parts on yourself to hunt more monsters.
That's the story, now go and hunt.
Also there's a guy in Kokoto Village that now is old as fuck but used to be a goddamn badass that had a huge dick, drop by to say hi to him now and then.

At level 2 shake you get an alchemy sonic bomb.
At level 4 shake you get a sort of bazooka effect, this is the one you can use to blow shit up.
Probably good for sleepbombing after you place all the other barrels, i can't see this being used in the middle of a hunt, but then again we don't know the timings or how/if the alchemical barrels are restored during the hunt and so on, if you can "store" the number of shakes and stuff like that.
It's use will change depending on these elements.

Yeah the idea of playable cat is fun, but their "ok now just boomerang all day" execution was boring.
This is exactly what people wanted out of cats, melee damage.
However the biggest problem is that cats animations are LONG and their recovery animations are REALLY LONG and if you get hit as a cat towards the end of the game you get fucking plowed in the ass regardless of your armor.
So if this type of cat animations don't speed the fuck up and have way less downtimes while in wolverine mode, people are still gonna keep calling them useless and most likely still only play as boomerang cats.

here is the trailer capcom uploaded yesterday with things we already knew with a new few observations:

>chill gamuto attack range is more bigger more bullshit

Did that bazooka barrel projectile…home in?
That's pretty damn useful if that's the case.

Also the wolverine cat recovery animations seem slightly slower than a hunter, but much faster than regular cat melee animations.
With the biggest one being after the finisher, wich is fair i guess.
Looking good, i really hope it'll end up being consistently viable, it looks fun.
Cats have styles now too, right?
Adept should help a lot survivability wise, for sure, i can see this working out by the end, maybe we'll finally have cat mainers that aren't gimping themselves and putting the rest of the group at risk of chaincarting on harder hunts, a true "alternative" way to play the game.

How much is nintendo paying capcom to keep mh games on it's weak ass hardware?

I hope you don't think Monster Hunter would magically have graffix or drastic gameplay improvements/changes on any other platform, they've been riding their PS2 textures since the very beginning and may very well continue to even with MH5/5U all but guaranteed to be Switch-only, and changing how the general formula works is an extremely bad idea given the mixed to negative response to styles and playable cats.

Capcom SPECIFICALLY loves weak hardware because they can reuse assets, textures, and generally speaking keep development costs low.

Add to all that the fact that 3DSes sell like fresh bread, and that MH are some of -the- most sold games on the system, and you have a recipe for games that are relatively easy to make, that also sell a metric fuckton.
Considering MH started out as a niche series, and this strategy made it popular all over the world, this isn't gonna change anytime soon.

Fuck boomerang cats and cats in general.
All I see is a waste of a player slot and idc if your HR999 with a 100% completion Guild card.
Kick on Sight because they are shit.

They can work if they have a very specific setup.
If played correctly, they do so much damage they don't need bombing (fucking up a sleepbomb is a player mistake tho, has nothing to do with cats, that's just being bad in general).

Damage wise they can be pretty good, and they can reach difficult parts of the monster breaking them pretty well during the hunt.
The biggest and most glaring problem is their recovery animations, and how dodging as a cat works.
The iframes on cat dodges are INSANELY tight, way, way more tight than any hunter roll, this means that the instant they get focused unless you keep a really good distance they're gonna get fucked.
Thus, they cart a lot.
And thus, they fuck up hunts.

In XX they're getting adept so hopefully a skilled cat mainer will dodge most damage.
Plus with the Beast type focusing on melee over multi-hit boomerangs, fucking up sleepbombing should be harder (but again, if the player is bad he'll always fuck them up, regardless of what they use).

That's Barufaruku taking off for an attack.

Webm related.

I am overcome by the urge to intercept that flaming faggot just before impact and administer the suplex to end all suplexes. I want a game where I can grapple everything.
Polite sage

Yeah, the names can be confusing. The main series doesn't have that many games, really.
You won't miss out on a story no matter with what game you start. There is no overarching story between games besides a few nods towards older games here and there. You're always the new hunter and have to hunt monsters, escelating in size and difficulty.
Just don't worry about it. Grab Freedom Unite or Portable 3rd and go hunting and gathering. You're never locked into a weapon and you get one of each right from the start so feel free to figure stuff out and experiment.

Capcom is more than happy to not have to update their graphics and still sell MH like sliced bread. Seeing how Monster Hunter sells best on portable consoles there aren't all that many options either way. Just the sales numbers of the 3DS compared to the Vita would be a compelling argument to go along with Nintendo.
Besides, Nintendo pampers them while Sony pissed them off.

This is the best possible outcome.

Do any of you have some tips for a gunner noob? Towards the end of 4U I've started playing HBG and in X I've used it 50% of the time now.
Any neat tricks I should know of? So far I'm doing fairly well in adept style but that's not saying much since I'm still at low rank, currently clearing 4 star quests.

Did 3U on the WiiU damn that sounds silly run at 30 or 60?

I think it was more like 20.

Also the only realistic outcome, but if graphical quality stays the same then Switch will have no problems with that (especially with that recent Jimmy Fallon stuff that implied the Switch dock has no power-boosting hardware in it) and Vita fans are cucked again.

3DS's framerate + some input lag off the top of my head.

It ran like shit AND it had horrendous input lag on everything you did.
MHXX will very likely have a switch port and i PROMISE you it will be just as shit as the 3U port was on the WiiU.
You'll have to wait until MH5 before seeing a "native" MH switch title that won't run like shit.

If you're going to play gen1 monster hunter I'd suggest emulating the ps2 version. In either version there's a lot of tedium when it comes to gathering items and small monsters making combat borderline unfeasible, but the ps2 version is balanced around only fighting one or two monster of each archetype and each fight being a challenge by itself. The portable version however only drops a small amount of the tedium in exchange for having a hundred different subspecies and easier village quests, and in that case there is no doubt that MHFU offers a better game.
I'm not neccessarily saying that PS2 1 is better than portable 1, but it lets you appreciate where the series' roots are before it was realised that re-releasing the game every year with a bunch of combat-grindy recolours made crazy dosh and became a regular thing.

I'm optimistic because the WiiU was a gigantic pile of dogshit, while the Switch isn't so bad. The WiiU had atrocious input lag from the stupid tablet communicating wirelessly with the actual box, while the Switch is basically a self-contained handheld that just happens to have a fancy HDMI dock for your TV.

I'm not sure that's going to happen either.

The very first titles are…an acquired taste, you gotta have the patience for them.
To be completely frank if you go back to them now, it's fucking mind blowing to think that the series got as big as it is today, they're such niche title and they FEEL like a super niche, super unpolished, almost proof of concept little projects.

What?
The lag wasn't due to the tablet, i've played MH3U with a Pro Controller.
I've also played Bayo 2 on the system and it had zero lag.
I've played Smash 4 with a pro controller AND a wired GC controller and they both had zero lag whatsoever.
It wasn't the tablet, it was straight up Capcom being shit and lazy when porting 3U to the console.

Also i'm 90% sure it's going to happen.
The western announcement for MHXX will also incorporate a Switch port for the game.
I'd bet actual money on it.

>Do Silver Rath and his speed shooting Hyper 11K HP SUPER AOE insta kill fireball version and make the Solmail you need for endgame armor. Moxie don't werk
HBG set CritEye+2, Pierce Up, WE, Crit boost.

That's kinda why I suggest mh1 over portable 1, at least once your done with the village quests you know your done.

Why on earth would they only announce it for the Switch in the West? That makes zero sense.

No, the switch port will be both for the east, and the west.
I'm just saying, when they announce the western version of MHXX, they will also announce the switch port for the game.

The reason why is that the west is the BIGGEST requester of MH titles on home console, so it makes perfect sense.
Japan literally doesn't give one quarter of a shit about MH being on home consoles, so they're absolutely fine with MH being on 3DS for now (and then we'll have to see how the switch handles while in "portable mode", that will change japan opinion on it when it comes to MH, we'll see).
My reasoning is that the west always wants MH to be on home consoles, so it's a no brainer that a port will be made, and it will be highlighted during a western themed presentation.
Aim at the specific audience that requested it the most.

This pretty much

I highly doubt it. It'd be too much work for a B-team project, and there's no way a Switch version would move very many units if it's already on the 3DS.

I doubt 5 will be Switch either, it's been in the works on 3DS for too long.

5 will absolutely be on the Switch.
Waiting for 6 before making a move to the Switch is insanity, that would take years.
Year of potential sales from MH fans, utterly lost.
I mean don't get me wrong, i'm in no rush to buy a Switch and the longer the 3DS keeps having titles, the better, but it's ludicrous to think 5 won't be pushed as "the new main MH title" on the Switch.

That happened to me with the Nurses from silent hill home coming. Man, that shitty game made me weird.

I honestly don't see how. 5's been in the works for way too long, they won't delay it by scrapping it and reworking it for Switch, only to have far fewer sales.

That is the exact opposite of how the power dynamic works though - it wouldn't be "years of lost sales for MonHun" in that situation, but "years of the Switch not moving units because no MonHun."

How did you find so many?

Nothing weird about excellent taste, famigo.

Just hit HR2 on MH4U. Is it worth going from dual knives to any other weapon? Used these through multiple games at this point.

If anyone wants to play, yell. keep getting frenchies.

iptorrents

THAT'S A LIE THAT'S A LIE THAT'S A LIE LIE LIE

After I have a cyclops and a prawn what else is there to get in the game? Where else do I need to go? Never been in dunes or mountains because reapers but I guess with the prawn these areas are feasible now?

Salazzle. No I don't mean in a degenerate way, she is a really good attacker.

Everything is dead

Yeah man, bunch of idiots. Not like us Sony bros, my 300 dollar silky smooth 30fps is awesome.

nice

Morrowind

Who cares?

What you live in some 3rd world shithole?

Holy bot spam

Nahhh it's just kind of shit. I'd suggest just dropping the pointless side quests and power through the story. You can always come back and do them. I didn't though

Can i carry you to G3?
You can be a professional shitter just like those carried frenchies, hell lets go to bronze crown and get you a full set of White fatty armor so you can impress those HR2 scrublords while you carry them through low rank.

Bots are stealing all the dubs on the site.

Each episode appears that it'll be each of VII's discs. Only with more added content and things to do, so a more fully fleshed out version of that disc.

Le epic grand dad, go back to 9gagchanitube Hangout

now your just trying to backpedal and change the subject, nice try

The cancerous tank meta is primarily caused by Ana more so than Lucio.

Skull Face is a reflection of Venom Snake, a man with no identity of his own, his accomplishments stolen bythe legend of Big Boss

it's not subtle but that's not Kojima's style

I have no clue what that means.

Fucking bots are going for it tonight.

Dunno about downgraded on the switch, but overall, it looks like utter dog shit.

500 should be more than what that build needs. You should be fine.

Wait.
Your new to MH4U? So you missed the shitter rush?

Getting carried means you learn nothing as a G-rank player murders everything in 5 hits and boosts you into High Rank or even G-Rank leaving you with no clue on how to fight the monsters effectively.

I feel you m8. My sister never had an issue and would sit happily playing on hers while I could only stare out the window.

Seems so. Just been taking it at a relaxed pace and hunting shit on and off. Keep being dragged into much higher level hunts than should and for some fucking reason I survive longer than the faggots who initiate it most of the time.

Watch for custom quests in Low+High rank as theres a massive amount of faggots that think it's funny to boost newbies to max HR.
>It involves fighting a tiny monster Gogmazios In later G rank rooms.
It's a custom quest and will probably boost you to HR 999 and give you assorted G-rank monster parts making the early game seem easy.

Except those two tiny Gravios DLC quests which are lulzy as fuck when everyone gets wrecked by a tiny Gravios doing it's 360 spin attack

>is actually 100% correct about Gen at least
Thanks, Bui, you gave me a laugh.

That just means you're less of a faggot than those scrubs. If you're managing to carry people way more "experienced" than you are, then you're probably doing something right. Keep it up.

As I recall the only custom quests I ever did was a particular one with a white fatty that had its damage upscaled to the point where you'd die on one hit from most attacks and get dropped to half health by trip damage.
If we managed to survive the quest which would be around 2 successes in every 10 attempts we'd get 3-4 rows of rarity 7-10 charms, it turned out to be more fun and more challenging than grinding expeditions.

I hope to see those types of quests again in generations, even though sakura charm farming exists to give you all the charms you'd ever need, I'd still enjoy it more than mining coal.

OOO +5 Fastcharge
OO- +5 Sharpness +2 Silverwind
— +6 Guard +6 Artillery
OOO +5 Normal Up
OOO +6 KO
OOO +6 Protection
OOO +5 Elemental
OOO +5 Pellet Up
OOO +5 Heavy Up
OOO +4 Pierce Up \ OO- +5 Pierce Up
OOO +6 Charmer

And just useful ones
OO- +2 Dreadking
OO- +6 Blunt
OO- +4 Teamplayer +3 Snowbaron
— +10 Sense
OOO +13 Stun
OOO +4 Ammo saver
OOO +5 Stam recov +8 Defense
OOO +3 Recoil
OOO +4 Eating

I skipped over some talismans or skills that don't really catch my eye for various reasons, but you get a gist of it.

The gist being that you fellate Lady Lucks feminine dick like it's going out of style.

What's wrong user?

Sakura is pretty good.
Mostly online, because online people do like 50 runs in 10 seconds, so you're bound to get something good eventually since it goes so fast.
Also tons of money by selling surplus firecells.

How are guns? Only useful as support?

Haven't bothered searching for games. Just host and go with the flow really.

T-Thanks.

Gunners are kind of a lategame due to being more expensive to consistently mantain mats wise.
And no, they're not just support, with the right setup they're literally the go to for speedrunning shit, in any MH.

They shine more online when other people are taking the prey focus off you, obviously, but if a hunter is good enough he can blow open the entire game by himself, most of the time much more efficiently than a blademaster ever could, with more consistent damage, and better reach.
Go online with a group of gunners that are either rocking heavy ordinance, focusing on elemental counters, or have a sleepbomb setup, and you'll see some serious shit.

Actually meant bows fuck, but thanks user.

>fucks the scaly cunt so hard into the ground, even hardened mexican cartel members would've averted their eyes in shame and disgust
Never before had I witnessed something so beautiful.

Bows are especially good at poisoning, and sleeping.
Unfortunately other gunners and other weapons are also good at that these days so they're being pushed to the side.

I'd still say bows are really effective specifically at applying poison.
And in the lastest iterations of MH, poison is pretty useful.
When doing some of the most difficult hunts in the games endgame, someone poisoning the target over and over makes everyone's else job much easier.
Most people will prioritize sleep over it, but whatever, i always appreciate someone that can poison consistently.

Nice. Guess I'll give it a shot when I farm the Tetsucabra set.

MH4U

MHG

I wish Dalamandur's meteors would figure out what their fucking radius is, I've stood right next to them and been unharmed even without a roll and then other times I thought I had a wide berth but it "nicked" me.

I wish Shattered Omens weren't a thing.

Christ, triple-carted against Dalamadur because of a couple lucky shots with that sweeping fire-breath (once I made for a jumping dodge and it made me roll instead so I couldn't just power through it with impunity) and constantly spamming meteors. Any general advice for the thing beyond bringing along as many HP restores as possible, any good armor sets for it?

If you are high rank then Kushala armor is good for the fight. It has about as high a defense stat as you can get at that point and comes with fast charge and heat resist, which works when standing near his chest.

Yup, HR going into G-rank. Thanks for that, I wouldn't have ever thought about using that Kushala set I made otherwise.

>think I've got him good and pissed off and probably near-death since he's near-fucking-constantly spamming meteors and fire breath-spread/fire breath-spread/lunging bite, chest seems bright

Alright what's a good element for this thing, I've just been going with the Shag Magala weaponry since I know it's a dragon so far.

Pretty much finished MH4U. All that's left is grinding for mats to craft weapons and armor I don't need. Should I try emulating MHFU and playing that now or move on to MHX?

You are way far from finishing 4u.

Decide for yourself? There is also XX coming our way, so again its your choice.

Best weapon for dalamadur is being gud and knowing what hitzones are.
Honestly, no element will save you if you take 45 minutes to just get to the last phase.

The gist being that by not really trying I pretty much got max single skill slots. If you dislike the method and charms in general, sure that's your choice, but don't be a faggot about it.

I'd recommend not to bother. If Uka and Aka have normal hitzones, fatas are hard as diamonds. On top of that they are prone to aoe attacks that tend to oneshot even blademasters and you are likely to go gunning to do any considerable damage.

Oh, the irony.

im starting to think i will have to solo hyper jho
cant get a team that doesn't have a fucker spamming useless meats and carting

i think adept and aerial cat will be skills like Boomerang Pro

Progress in X will carry over to XX, just make sure you're playing the actual game and not the NA or EU versions so you can carry over data just fine and avoid godawful non-translations.

I actually like the Sakura Method for it's efficiency in general, but having nothing drop apart from [Fire Res +5 Teamplayer +10 o]-tier trash really clonks my bonkers.
And the icing on the top is that it's just a bug, not even a feature.
Embarking on a decently challenging end game hunt with all the filler skills locked out of the drop table would be much preferable to tedious mining shit
that involves sifting through an ocean of shit. What is your take on improving incremental late game gear progression?

What's an armor set that looks cute.

Preaching to the choir here user, I post on /erp/

I know what hitzones are, I whale on the head whenever I can. The problem is getting around its constant horseshit the weaker it gets so I can actually get to the head, I'm not kidding when I mention this thing is constantly spamming meteors and in-the-background fire breath the weaker it gets. Guess I just need to keep trying.

Question of element's moot anyways since it turned out I was using just about the best element for it from the get-go.

Am I the only one who prefers just doing volcano mining runs occasionally for charms? It's all RNG anyways, might as well get comfy and do regular harvesting instead of all this convoluted shit. Never had an issue with charms.

Don't worry fam, you're the "pro GL guy" (protip: the fact that you always spoil half your posts randomly means you're incredibly easy to single out every thread), we all already know you're a humongous autistic hypocritical faggot and have been for months at this point.

Keep at it, if you're lucky you'll get a sleepbomb group and you'll chain clear that hunt until you have everything that you need.
Even just one guy with sleep that has a "please bring bombs" macro before the hunt starts will help a lot, the last time a single guy had it in one of my rooms it was enough to chain clear it like 10 times in a row.

In P3 i had the pink ludroth gunner that, if i remember correctly, had status up or whatever it was called.
So i would use it to poison and sleep, i actually always brought it with me when sleepbombing Ala.
Granted, it was VERY fragile tho.

I doubt that, it'll probably work just like how it works now for hunters.

pic related
If you want a serious answer, my vote probably goes to female lagombi armor.

just wanted to know which is better

I can't read nipponese. How am I going to play X?

There's online guides for basic menu translations, but it's really not that hard, most of MH is muscle memory at this point, the basic layout of how everything works is very similiar, once you do the menus once you'll quickly figure shit out and do it by memory.

Also, don't let some people in the thread scare you off from the western versions, they tend to blow things out of proportions.
The translation of Gen (and the future translation of XX) aren't great but they're not gamebreaking either, most of the time you won't even read 90% of the text anyway, most people barely read jack shit in MH games once they figured out how everything works.
The western version of Gen didn't have any changes in monster HP, or player Def or anything like that (anyone telling you otherwise is intentionally spreading disinfo).
They're fine.
If you want you can just wait for the western version of XX once it come out here, it'll be fine.

Alright then
I think i'll try out MHFU until MHGG comes out.

It'll all come back, it's like riding a bike.
Plus shit is so simple now.
Remember post-hunt inventory management pre item layouts?
Shit's so fast now, can't believe we used to sort things out manually after every single hunt.

can't believe we used to sort things out manually after every single hunt
i still do. I guess I'm just too used to doing it. I even have some item sets but almost never use them.

Initially i was stubborn too after years of doing it manually but i gave in, they're just too pratical.
They're almost essential online, speeds up the prep time of every hunter allowing them to move on to the next hunt much quicker.

Got dragged into a quest and got 999999 money and shit. Any way to ditch money?
I don't want the game fucked for me at HR 2 for fuck sake.

Don't worry about it, you're never all that limited by money at any point in 4U anyway

I hope someone makes reverse save converter I converted my X save to G when it came out here to play with friends who refused to hack their 3DSes.

I really like the Esurient R set paired with dual blades than any other weapon, but that thunder res can go fuck itself. Some of the mixes you can do look really nice but goddam will you almost always be in the negative with resistances.

It's an okay set if you're confident and gud enough to mind elemental damage.

You'd best get on learning as soon as you can regardless, Western versions of video games, when they happen at all, tend to be godawful.

Got a few normalfags coming to me and asking me about Dauntless because it's like monster hunter and I'd like it and I need to validate their opinion on videogames, but I've no idea what Dauntless is.
I'm looking at videos and they don't even explain what kind of game it is.
Looks pretty shit tbh.

What the fuck is wrong with western devs and making hideous females? I audibly recoiled a little when I saw this thing's face.

My first thought was that they got the bioware team to do the models for them.

Maybe it's not gonna be shit :^^^^^^)

I mean parallel, what the fucking shit.

Yeah I'm not sold on this, and it looks like barely anyone else is either. 348k views on their yt page is a poor turn out considering they were advertised on The Game Awards™

I'm doing fine with it. Thanks for the other tips. I was planning to make the Mitzu HBG anyway.

Some of the people working on this are ex-bioware, that's why.
That being said i don't mind the scars, hunters that hunt monsters all day should have scars from previous hunts, makes sense.
It's…everything else about the design that's the problem.
Not to mention the armor design is also pretty damn crappy.
We have some shit looking armor in MH sometimes, but not WoW-tier shitty like this.

I doubt it'll be decent, there's some interesting things like projecting yourself with a rocket-hammer, but frankly we're pretty much getting there with MH itself.
MH clones can't just be "it's MH, but flashy" anymore as MH itself becomes more and more flashy, they need to bring something truly different to the table now.

Please go back to marketer school and learn how to be less obvious.

…what?
I literally just said i don't think the game will be decent at all.
And you just quoted the part of my post where i explained specifically WHY it won't be decent, because MH is already flashy so just being a flashy MH clone isn't enough anymore.

What the fuck is your problem here?

There, finally got Dalamadur. Was using Gunlance as a one-off weapon and realized its verticality is damned perfect for that monster in particular, I could poke and shell its rear leg with near-impunity and meteors weren't any problem anymore. Was actually surprised when it finally did go down after 25 minutes or so.

For the most part the handheld titles have had a ton more content than the console ones, and the worst controls the franchise has had was on the PS2.

We have official info on what will carry from X to XX
(and thus it'll work the same from MHG to MHGG most likely):

-Armor carries over, so does the level you've upgraded it to.

-Weapons carry over however they specifically don't list the level you've upgraded them to, people are speculating that this is is either implied, or perhaps it could be that they're rearranging their upgrade paths slightly to fit G rank so they might end up slightly different in the upgrade tree in XX.

-Stats on your shit will get tweaked to fit the balance that comes with G rank, it won't be the same exact stats/proprieties as they were exactly in X.

-All the cats you own will carry over, including DLC cats.

-Cats that are on your current list of recruitable cats that you haven't yet recruited, won't carry over.

-All your quest progress will carry over, if you've cleared specific quests that unlocked features for the game (basically the biggest offender is the quest chain that unlocks hyper armor), it'll carry over.

-You will be able to change the name, apparearance and even sex of your hunter ONCE when you carry it over, however this will complicate things if the armor he has on him/her doesn't have a male, or female equivalent, in that case, if you choose to change the sex of your hunter and the armor he/she has on doesn't have an equivalent of the opposite sex, will be SOLD and you'll get the money from the sale, additionally all gems slotted in it will be returned to your item box, unless it's full, then in that case those will also be SOLD.

-Some MHX DLC quests and events will be in XX by default but others will have to be re-downloaded when they're re-released for XX at a later date (kinda unclear on this point, need better info on this).

This should be more or less all the important shit.

Shit, i forgot something important:

If your HR is past 8 in MHX, it will be locked again to HR8 in XX

This is because there's G rank now so you'll unlock it again later, obviously.

If your HR is lower than 8, it'll just stay the way it was before, predictably.

Also another thing, palicos, guild cards and anything else that are present in the courier's mailbox that you haven't cashed in from him yet, don't transfer over.
So make sure to get everything from him before you transfer

That potentially sounds like a free HR999 custom quest to me. You might hit 999 after you clear HR7. I'm sorry for your loss.

That doesn't leave much that isn't carried over, does it?

Do you honestly want one?
XX looks like bad ideas and more bad ideas

And with piracy as easy as it is on the 3DS, they won't get any money from it. Problem solved.

Always sort of regretted not doing that for kicks, at the same time I'm always around normalfags so it'll be a challenge playing without sound when they're present.

Got the quest for 99 monster shit in-game. Haven't built the white shit, but it looks nice at least.

I weep for you and your shitty tastes, user.

X and XX aren't by the main team though. Tsujimoto is still in full control of 5.

Yes but the HR part is important.
Capcom said that the HR will be set to HR 8 plus a FIXED AMOUNT.
This means if you're HR999, you won't shoot up to HR999 once you unlock your HR, everyone will revert back to a fixed amount decided by them (and as you go trough G rank you'll obviously pile up more HR from that import point).

The reason why they're doing this is because they want to even the playfield for everyone coming into XX and make sure people play the game for the first months unlocking the harder hunts and so on.
Basically it ensures that the online will be populated and full of people that can help out each other at the start.
For some people reaching HR999 immediately would make them do all the sets they want to do and then quit after the first week.

That's pretty smart.