Something broke the post function

reposted from Holla Forums
mods please sticky so users know what is happening

FULL STATUS

Quick reply is down
Quick reply is down in mod.php (sys.8ch)

Manual reply is working
Manual reply is not working in mod.php (sys.8ch)

Thread creation is working in catalog
Thread creation is working in catalog for mod.php (sys.8ch)
Thread creation is not working in the index
Thread creation is not working in the index for mod.php (sys.8ch)

Thanks in advance, Ron!

temp fix

// ==UserScript==// @name Save As Filename Fix// @namespace grauw.nl/projects/pc/greasemonkey/// @description Fixes 'Save as original filename' function// @include https*//8ch.net/*// @include http*//8ch.net/*// ==/UserScript==$(function() {$("a[download]").each(function() { var url = $(this).attr('href'); $(this).attr('href', url.replace('media.', '').replace('media2.','')); });});

Other urls found in this thread:

grauw.nl/projects/pc/greasemonkey///
twitter.com/AnonBabble

new meme?

I don't think it's a meme, just the site broken again.

Surely Ron will fix it soon.

bump for visibility

I think things are coming back now, I'm getting the quick reply box now but I wasn't a couple minutes ago.
What the fuck is happening?

it's not back for me yet.

Codenigger is fucking shit up again it seems.

I think I've figured it out, you just need to press the [Reply thread] thing at the top of the page, just under the top ad

Oh thank goodness. I thought my browser shat the bed.

LOL

Also apparently it doesn't work at all on google chrome.

Aw shit, this is too real.

They better not be trying to add new shit. Just make a site that works.

Am I the only one having problems with filenames being screwed up again? It looks fine if I hover over it but once I right-click Save as original filename, it'll have the other half of the name with "…"

So instead of You can't beat his challenge.png, it's instead You can't beat his challen….png

Doesn't work for quick reply.

Works for me.

Yeah, it's broken for me to. That happens and I also can't save as original file name just by left clicking on the filename like usual.

Works in (((Chrome))).

Does not work in Palemoon, aka the best browser around.

I'm using Iridium but it doesnt work for me

That's not how you type SeaMonkey.

How the fuck do I make a thread?

Box isn't there.

NVM FIXED IT

At least post something nice.

I've been using this script for a while, which lets me save the original filename. Though you have to refresh the page for it to work for newer posts.
// ==UserScript==// @name Save As Filename Fix// @namespace grauw.nl/projects/pc/greasemonkey/// @description Fixes 'Save as original filename' function// @include https*//8ch.net/*// @include http*//8ch.net/*// ==/UserScript==$(function() {$("a[download]").each(function() { var url = $(this).attr('href'); $(this).attr('href', url.replace('media.', '').replace('media2.','')); });});

It's still broken for me, it asks to save as HTML document

this seems to have worked, adding it to OP.

Copy the text, go to your addons/user script page, click on new user script, and click on use script from clipboard.
I'm using firefox with grease monkey, so I'm not sure if it's the exact same procedure.

Hopefully no one thinks it's for fixing posting/quick reply/thread creation.

(lucky)
I'm sorry but it still doesn't work, still asks for HTML instead of image formats

I kinda like these little technical bugs on Holla Forums, to be honest. It's nostalgic like when the site was parked back in January of 2015 or when we could only post 8kb files instead of 8mb.

How does saving original file names relate to this at all?
Why did you label it as a temp fix for the problem?

Because Mark is an incompetent faggot.

When I try to save your image, it says save as type: Firefox HTML Document (*.png). Are you sure it's not actually attempting to save as an image?
You could also try changing save as type to all files and type the file extension yourself.

Be careful what you wish for, though. don't want another 'flood detected' shitshow.

No matter what extension I type in, its always something small like 1.3kb & it does not display the pictures.

I didn't like these "Server took too long to respond" errors and the 8ch being down for hours. Nothing to be nostalgic about.

Bravo, Porchmonkey. Bravo.

I may have not written the script, or be very fluent in scripts, but that definitely shouldn't be happening. Are you sure you're click on "save link as" and not "save page as"?

I think what user's getting at is that errors like these show that the site is still young and changing. I wish I still had the image of one of the Holla Forums mods fucking around with the ban message customization.

I actually feel nostalgic for this

Yes, I've tried Save Link As… & it still says HTML Document (*.png)

At least we can actually post this time.

Even though the site was shitting itself then, it was really comfy.

I'm not talking about the DDoS attacks. Cloudflare parked the site because of a bunch of false CP complaints, so you actually had to edit a file on your computer to be able to access it. It was the same, except it filtered out a ton of normalfaggotry because they couldn't figure out how to get on. It was really like a secret club.

That wasn't fun at all. I just like the quirky ones.

Remember when imageboards didn't have quick reply?
fucking bullshit

wew lads
test

AWAKEN MY PORCHMONKEY

I guess the script is broken now since it's not working for me now either. I should've checked before sharing it. Sorry.
Best I can suggest is using it to copy the filename, then closing out and right clicking the image to save it, pasting the filename in.

Also this is the first time we've had a massive issue in a while, it'll probably be fixed when codemonkey or Wheels of Steel wake up (whenever that is).

For fucks sake Mark, you need quads to do that.
AWAKEN MY PORCHMONKEY

!

Impressive.

Oh shit, son.

You're misremembering or a newfag, I'll assume the former. we weren't using cloudflares service during the time before and when the domain was parked. It was the site provider (I don't know the proper term) that took down the domain and later parked it under the guise of CP reports.

no, you're number ⑨

Aren't you nostalgic mark?
I mean, I'm pretty nostalgic.

Here's to CoDeMonKeY

If you were to just reply to me just once, i think I'd be truly truly happy. Tears come to my eyelids with the thought of your glorious rod.

checked

it is pretty nostalgic, isn't it?

oh fuck your propain is penetrating my pro and i think I'm in pain oh fuck peggy oh fuck oh fuck oh shit fuck it's the nutshack

pop a molly

何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何何

Mark you nigger, go hog attention in the waifu thread if you need it that badly

s-sorry, I was just having a bit of fun. I'll stop now

You're the last one I want to see have fun, ban yourself for avatarfagging as yourself

Testing from mod.php

I don't remember the exact details of what happened considering how it was nearly 2 years agoholy shit where did the time go.

I was able to use mod.php the post form was minimized it had to be expanded first. Seems to be a trivial change for esthetics. Posting in Chrome now from mod.php

While we wait for Porchmonkey to pop in & fix the leaky pipes…
Somebody give me a random Touhou.

NANI?!?

Impressive, very nice.

it hasnt worked for me in months

try to relax with some comfy classical music.

You're pretty good.

here's some byzantine chant

finally found an user who listen to byzantine chants.

i feel happy

Cappella Romana is really good if you like the Constantinopolitan style of chant. Embed related is not Cappella Romana but still really good and understandable. I wish more videogames would use Byzantine music in their soundtracks.

That's not what Cyberfox is called.

Thank for that, now for something in return

That's a goofy way to spell Vivaldi.

Remember when 8ch was Holla Forums.co?

These digits speak for themselves.
Fix your shit Codemonkey.

Remember when /boards/ was actually alive and non-legacy boards were flourishing?

Remember when Holla Forums was accompanied by a good board admin?
NOT IN A MILLION YEARS

i remember many things

Post chens?

I suppose another good way of killing time is to do the yearly tradition of adding Santa hats to things! If you got something, I'll do my best to add the hat.

If you'd like!

It hurts when I take a trip to some smaller boards and Holla Forums.co is in the banner.

I miss /kind/, wish it wasn't dead. It had a nice concept to it. Shame people abused the system to get people to give money to them.

Sorry about that. We missed this in the test environment and it broke when we pushed it to production.

Thanks to everybody who reported this.

Man, that brings me back.

ah good, the dry run is over

now we just wait for them to do this again permanently

it's cool, thank you for taking care of this as quickly as you did

I'm glad that the guy who was shitting up /tg/ to get everyone to move over to /d20/ or get BO status on /tg/ gave up and that /vr/ has been getting traffic recently.

I think he's on /ameta/ know trying to stir shit up, but /a/nons aren't biting

It's because /a/ doesn't give a shit.

postan GMs

He brought that shit to /tg/, did a little shitposting and then gave up. Last I saw he was back on /ameta/ spamming the same stupid bullshit.

At least it's not as bad as Smiley screaming for days about how he lost his board because he didn't log in/people didn't use the board.

Reminder that Zeon did nothing wrong

I hope someone drops a colony on you.

your jew is showing again

Huey and Griffith did nothing wrong as well.

NOTHING

WRONG

Griffith didn't do anything wrong

Huey was a huge pussy and couldn't even tell a dog from a wolf

Gas yourselves

WHO REMEMBERS?

Wait, I can't post at all in the R6 siege thread now.

Let's be honest here, Gihren is literally hitler. So using the term "gas yourselves" is ironic in this case

Whatever happened to geese man?

Didn't you have enough of gundam when you watched
7 HOURS
of it in a row while eating those 7 entire cakes the other day?

Good.

Pleb.

try refresh

Good
Go play SWAT 4

McGillis did everything right.

It's still no working

It's fun

Bitch I might.

Nope.

IT'S TIME FOR ZETA

damn i can't either

Is this a gundam?
:^)

well that's weird…

ROOOOOOOOOOOOONNNN

Never post that again.

When's Harmony Day?

REMOVE IBO

i watched way too many episodes before dropping the damn show

That's a Megadeus

Who said it was working again? Nothings working for me.

Find a single thing Oberstein did wrong. You can't, unlike all the other posts in this thread.

February, but Ron may not do it due to declining user count. I'll send an email when I get the chance

Remember when /2hu/ was fairly active? Please come back ;_;

Oberstein isn't gundam

Thanks, I hope we have a Harmony Day this coming year. I don't get it, but I like it.

How far did you watch? If you dropped it halfway through S1 then it gets better later.

i was around the final act of IBO before i gave up on it, and i don't care enough about lolis to watch s2

If it wasn't for Miller trying to shift blame onto Huey, Motherbase never would have been fucked over.

Nah m8. They're heroes.

Why did everyone leave it? I remember there being a huge shitfit over the BO, but a shitload the boards die because someone threw a fit about the BO.

back :^)

But you are real user :3

You just need to meme hard enough and Kek will provide.

What is happening to this website?

Ron fucked something up.

mark dropped his ice cream cake on the servers

Ron probably fucked shit up, as long as it works now.

Would you a Chaika?

Honestly I don't even know why people really hate Ausfag. Apart from him being a crossdresser. It's not like he abused his mod powers or anything.
I bet the tripfag circlejerk was behind this.

Hooray!

You just gotta believe!

mwee

It doesn't though. Some threads that I know for sure didn't get deleted 404 when I try and enter them, and I still can't post in the R6 thread.

Yes.

BACK UP

It'll get traffic eventually.

might need me to bump them, mind reporting them as "404 needs hotpocket bump"?

So when are we getting the annual santa hat edits thread Mark?

good lad

chaika best board goblin

gundam is a meme anime
literally the only good thing was having an erupting hot finger meme

when someone makes them, also we're planning on doing a carroll, problem is that I need an audio editor. Thinking of asking the guy who did Shall Never Surrender. I still have him on my friends list.

watch the original series

He chose to have an old woman's haircut.

your life is a fuckin meme kiddo

Accept no substitutes.

I don't. Mainly since I make images at large sizes that look like shit compressed past a certain point.

I'm not getting the option to post in other various threads right now. The Vita one for example has no reply box on my end, nor does quick reply work in it.

Might as well add that currently the amount of replies differs for it between the catalog and the thread itself. Bumping a thread usually clears that up and makes missing posts load, but you can't bump if you can't post.

I hope it'll come soon. We're at an all time low right now - only 16 active users.

Try directing some traffic in the 2hu plays threads to the board, that might help.

it judst woorks
gnight faggots

Wold you fuck a Chaika seal?

NEVER ADD RANDOM UNNECESSARY CLICKS TO A BROWSING EXPERIENCE

Hey Mark, whenever I go the the fighting game general, it says error 404. Can someone else fix it?

(checked)

good night

imma check it

On a related note, can someone please bump the Deathwing thread because I am unable to post at all in it:

it is done

i rememeber
we all remember