Crash (and Spyro) general

With Crash's remasters most likely appearing at PlayStation Experience and Skylanders' continued success, I thought a Crash (and Spyro) general would be rather appropriate.

Personally, I hope they make a new game that takes place after Warped. Maybe even an uncut version of Twinsanity.

I hope they stop cashing in on nostalgia.

Crash Bash 101% is 100% meme

They have to cash into nostalgia in order to get kids interested. You don't honestly think the remasters can sell on word of mouth alone by 20+ year olds, do you?

Crash 3 is meh.
The veicle levels fucking sucked and brought the whole thing down.

The main reason why as the years went on less and less people praised Crash 3 is because they realized how fucking perfect Crash 2 truly was.
When i was a dumb kid i used to love Crash 3 because you could extend your spin and that pleased my autism, but as i grew older i went back to Crash 2 and realized what a tight, finely crafted self contained little gem it actually was.

Basically if you still like crash 3 over 2 you're a little tiny baby man.

Crash 2 is the worst crash with the worst input drops that make you fucking bleed and scream. If the remasters fucking fixed it, it would be the best crash game

Stopped reading there, you're retarded and every opinion you have is shit.

Did you fucking read? the game actively tries to drop inputs you fucking mongoloid. if they fixed that it would be the BEST crash to play, you fucking autistic piece of shit

It was a huge letdown when Spyro was transferred over to the PS2 with Hero's Tail, and left the hands of Insomniac.
Gameplay quality took a nosedive so hard it makes Year of the Dragon appear like a masterpiece, even if it was the weakest of the trilogy.

To be honest, the thread was meant to be about all Crash and Spyro games. I just wanted to make my opinions about the remasters and Skylanders. That was probably a bad idea.

By all means, any Crash and Spyro discussion is welcome.

EAT FRESH

I thought that was dead? Or was that the Disney knockoff? Either way, it's about time for toy-vidya to drop off for another 15 years until the next generation is old enough to beg their parents for them.

Speaking of Crash, why'd they show off Skylanders shit at E3 instead of showing off even beta footage of the remasters? I at least hope the Crash remasters get the Sonic Generations treatment in terms of the amount of love put into it.

Why does Crash talk instead of just WOAHing?
Why does he talk SO FUCKING MUCH?
Why is his personality so wrong?
Why is his accent so fucking shitty?
Why is Spyro such an ugly shit?

Because mute characters don't work in kids shows these days. Especially kids shows that are longer than 5 minutes.

Because the writers are incompetent

Because "wacky" and "random" characters don't work with Academy's subdued comedic tones.

I thought it was a good accent.

Why is Spyro such an ugly shit?

Found the video for those who don't regularly watch this crap. Why even introduce Crash into this show if you're just going to change his personality and everything about him?

I regret nothing, it might be Baby's first platformer but it was genuinely fun. The Land races were alright and the Air combat was good, Water sections sucked but as the sum of a whole, and ignoring the fact that like the Nintendo faggots it's selling "Physical DLC" I liked it.

Picture completely, absolutely unrelated, but its what I have been spending time on lately.

W-what?

Wrong. The reason is more people owned and played Crash 2, and so it is "better" thanks to the virtue of pure nostalgia. Crash 3 is superior in every way.

They are greatf

This may be nostalgia speaking, but I thought Hero's Tail was alright. Certainly not as good as the PS1 games, but still fun. Enter the Dragonfly on the other hand was just terrible.

That drawing doesn't do him any justice. Skylanders Spyro actually has a pretty neat design.

I'm complaining about the face, specifically. It only looks good when he's smiling with the mouth open because it sorta resembles Pixar/Dreamworks kid characters. I still don't understand why they got rid of his snout. It looks so unnatural and ugly.

This is not how Crash Bandicoot looks, sounds and acts like.

Can we talk about something besides Skylanders?

Make a new thread that doesn't have Skylanders images you dumb nig.

He looks like he crashed face first into a brick wall at 90 mph then got squashed by a 10 ton weight looney-toons style. And what the fuck is with green not-femme-Raziel back there?

Holy shit you're right

I am kinda surprised how Spyro never gets the Klonoa-treatment despite Holla Forums having a cultural thing for dragons.

Look who just summoned Voldemort by speaking his name.

Dragon Dildos maybe.

First of all, it makes perfect sense to shill games for children on a board for neckbeard manchildren, it's the perfect target audience.
Second, there's a big difference between Klonoa and Crash and why Crash never got the same "treatment".
Crash (used to be) the "rad friend".
Klonoa is the "childhood friend" you have sleepovers with.
Fewer people want to fuck the rad friend, they simply respect him.

And as for spyro, he falls somewhere in between the "rad friend" and the "normalfag friend" i suppose.
Not that fuckable.

It has been a few years since I played it, but I do remember some qualities that felt fun with HT, but they were few and far between so many mediocre segments. Wasn't enough to save it, though. I continued to play solely for the boss fights after I figured it just wasn't old Spyro anymore.

Reading this, I wonder why they didn't settle on red for Spyro since it's a color that has better contrast with green. Maybe purple was less threatening for kids and read is often associated with evil characters?

Same reason the first Crash game didn't use any lava pits. They were afraid the character would blend in with the environment, should it use the same or similar color.

Also Purple Spyro is a nice contrast to Orange Crash Bandicoot.

It might have been to distinguish him from other dragon characters. Red is probably the most common dragon color next to green. However, you don't see many purple dragons.

In fact, in the original trilogy, the only other purple dragon you see is on one of the last pages of the game manual. An adult, that I always assumed was supposed to be Spyro's father.

And then the retards that made future games noticed that there were no other purple dragons, and decided that Spyro was going to be a special snowflake once-in-a-thousand-years purple dragon.

Well, those same retards thought that they should make Spyro a serious fantasy series instead of what was basically a kid's cartoon in video game form, so it makes sense.

That reminds me of another certain videogame franchise…

He clearly says where he stopped reading. Why do you even ask?

I wanna yiff you, user.
I've see you in the other threads

No you haven't. Shut up.

t.ReviewtechUSA

I was expecting him to be voiced by voiced by Billy West. Kind of surprised.

I'm sort of okay with this, but he talks way too fucking much. He's not as silly. He's definitely a different character all together.
I guess if I had to pick from a tryhard soulless neo-spongebob tier character and…this guy.
I'd pick this guy.

I liked that game
I lowkey want a sequel

Yes I have you little shit, I remember you in a Pokemon thread.
Bring that scaley ass over here baby.

Post the full pick

Pffft… No faggot.

ReviewtechAU, maybe…

The ones made by Krome had surprisingly good art, though.

I disagree. I do admit the new design it's neat, but the older one was better, as pointed in here
SImpler designs > Literally edgy and sharper designs.
Shit was going downhill with the transition to PS2, and the main appeal to Spyro was the simple shapes and scenery. Even Sparx design convoluted. Spyro is a serie that should have died in the PS1.

You guise are ghey.

This made my dick jump, and I'm not even a furry/

They have to ruin it with a dick, though.

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Let's get back on topic now.
Skylanders suck and is milking old franchises.

Classic Spyro is the only Spyro

crash looks great but im not that fond of spyro there. maybe its just the pose hes doing? he looks off.

From the bottom of my heart, sincerely kill yourself

the nose holes are awful.

That would be really hot if it wasn't gay.

Your post is my exact thoughts on /cuteboys/

But if you wanted non-gay cuteboys, wouldn't that just be a girl?

I wish they would stop cashing in on nostalgia and finally understand what made games good so they can make good games again.

i think he would look kind of doofy without them.

Yes, user. That's what straight people like. /cutegirls/

At least shitpost on topic, assholes.