Why do all superhero movies have grimderp blue/gray color filters these days?

Why do all superhero movies have grimderp blue/gray color filters these days?

Why can't we have a superhero movie that looks like this?

No

user

super

heroes

are for

big boys

no fun allowed

Most super hero movies today are the opposite of what you described.

fixed it

Looks better, breaks the scuba suit up a bit.

If you're gay, yes.

Filters help blending the CG with the real actors and scenarios.

Oh shit, damn son, me on suicide watch, how will underpants on top ever recover?

BEST EMMA ROBERTS

I'm just saying you're gay.

Whoa is looks so nostalgic

It’s called Spider-Man homecoming , muh popping colors like your breakfast cereal

post some

woooow, reported AF!

/ourjew/ tbh

Superman without red speedos looks like a naked blue man.

such a simple fix

You could watch any Marvel movie.

The design looks better that way, and once you stop worrying about the bigger boys laughing at you for watching a Superman with his underwear on the outside, you'll realise this.

No, it looks goofy.

No, it doesn't. They're both silly. You just think the underoos are better because that's what you're used to.

It breaks up the block of blue, and makes it look less like he's wearing a baby's onesie.

He just needs a better belt.

The costume (as well as Superman as a concept) is inherently silly. If you aren't going to go all the way and do something like this, you may as well just leave it as the iconic design.

You know damn well it's because of Drumpf's Amerikka, cumskin.

I don't think the high tech armour look suits Superman. It makes him look like a douchebag, for some reason.

Or maybe change the design just a bit to make it look decent during the dramatic scenes.

Snyder suit doesn't look decent. it looks lame, and cringeworthy. It's the Shadow the Hedgehog of Superman costumes.

I unironically like this suit.

reminds me of ozymandias from watchmen

It's exactly the same but without underpants and slightly darker colors, which is enough to make the character looks more like a warrior than a buffon.

Superman isn't a warrior. He's a good natured, humble country boy, trying his hardest to do some good in the world.

Kryptonians are warriors, the suit is kryptonian and I want characters to look appropriate in action movies.

They're aliens. Their costumes can look like absolutely anything. Who's to say warriors don't wear bright and vibrant colours on Krypton?

And yet comic book writers take the character super seriously.

Never read it, but I do like that art.

Of course they can, but it would look bad in anything that isn't an comedy or a campy movie.

Art is too realistic. Isn't Superman supposed to be silly?

Why?

I think there's an inherent campiness to the style. I like it.

No, the artstyle is photorealistic.

It accentuates how much Superman looks like some guy in a cheap spandex costume.

It's a visual thing.

Which is awful because the story itself is very dramatic and serious.

The colours don't have to be so washed out. At some point in the past 20 years, everyone just decided that was how you shoot a serious movie.

The colors accentuate the themes and characters.

But why is less colour more serious? There's no logic behind this. It's just a trend.

This. It's fucking dumb.

Do you think the world cares what happens to you? You can get violently murdered on a cheerful sunny day.

It's so fucking cliche at this point. Real life is more colorful than movies. And that's just wrong.

Man of Steel and Injustice 2 had the less retarded versions of the suit for those who aren't Holla Forums autists.

It's lazy visual shorthand for hacks. Pfister is probably the only working cinematographer who can consistently apply this technique well, but he has spent what, ten years, with that albatross Nolan around his neck?

Digital filters were a mistake.

kek

Akshually they're a science utopia that hasn't seen war in aeons.

Because if you want to sell a superhero movie to a certain demographic, specifically the mentally-challenged; you need a funeral-level filter to tell the audience that two men in latex punching each other through buildings is a DEEP and SERIOUS POWER STRUGGLE where ALL OF MANKIND IS AT RISK!

Almost gets it, but doesn't

Muted colors are a disguise: first they dressed the x-men in black, then turned the whole movies into sepia tones. People making these movies were never into capes in the first place, so they don't trust playing the idea straight. A colorful Superman just screams 'I love Superman comics', which would restrict the movies audience.

serves your irght

Maybe they recycled it from that.

The art is by Alex Ross who tends to do photorealistic artwork.

Absolutely heretical.
The belt works with the trunk, just a random gold strip to break up the blue spandex doesn't work.

The only choices are red trunks or red trunks and gold belt.
Name a single well-designed superhero that has a single colour (except for black) without breaking it up.

False.

False.

I want him to wear red briefs. But if you're complaining that superhero costumes look dumb, that's what you're left with.

He had a real cape in Man of Steel? I thought it was supposed to be CG.

That's why film soleil is so awesome.

What's up with all these autists getting triggered by big boy pants about?

best post ITT

post production was a mistake