Pokémon Wonder Trading thread

Because it can be fun to send random things. Especially when you receive interesting things in return.

To get things in return, be it new Pokedex entries, breeding rejects to begin your own, or sometimes even shinies
It's true most of the WT receivings are either nip Abras or shitmons from Route 1, but in this sea of shit are nice things, and it's to support these nice things and get rid of shitsenders (who won't need to come back because they get nice things and begin to use them) that you can find your reason to use WT.
High-level pokes. Useful pokes (Catching ones, Pickup users and so on). Rare pokes (starters, end-game pokes and those obtained through Island Scan being the most interesting, but if you have ways to copy your save, even legendaries and shinies are nice things). Exclusives.
Route 1 mons and Abras.

Be sure to share WT-related stories too, they're fun to read.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM
github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM/releases/tag/3.1.2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

doesn't matter. a drop of wine in a sea of piss doesn't matter.

As much as I appreciate those trips, you sometimes get rewarded in weird ways by being nice.

Plus, it helps getting rid of breeding rejects if they at least have a nice moveset.

why don't you just inject?
why do you waste your time the most unfun and tedious way

Why should I waste my time injecting when that is the most unfun and tedious way, then ?

dude spoilers lmao

i still keep wondertrading crabrawlers i get from berry piles. when the game was leaked i was mad as hell when i found out you could only encounter crabrawler from once-per-day berry piles and already exhausted all of the piles on melemele.

theres no pchex or similiar program that supports s&m yet (not talking about pkhex, i mean programs you can run on the 3ds)

Didn't knew that fact about Crabrawler, thanks for the information. That being said, it's easy to breed, unlike UBs. And RIP the spoilers.

As for programs supporting S/M, there's apparently a recent release of pkhex that supports it and has been used by some people, but that isn't fun at all to just drop these in the box and call it a day.

I just made a box full of shiny phantumps that know none of the normal level 1 moves and have 0 in all ivs. How much do you hate me?

You do whatever you want with your own game. That being said, shiny phantumps have a nice color, and I hope you'll make them all evolve

They evolve when traded. So whoever gets it has to go through the entry for getting a new pokemon, animation evolution, entry for anotehr new pokemon and then it tries to learn 6 different level 1 moves. Also it's in a timer ball because what else would it be in.

Ah, I see, nice move then.

why would you need to run it on your 3ds? it's faster if you put everything together on your pc.

Because taking the backplate off an n3ds is a pain in the dick.

yeah, rather spend 10 hours hatching eggs than to remove the backplate once.

With a 3DS poke editor, you can do the same things as pkhex without the need of going on your PC, making it faster in the end. This was what he was telling about when he spoke about taking the backplate off.

And I tell you that I'd rather take the backplate off than suffer days for a single good mon.

Good for you? Every pokemon thread there is always at least one dipshit just getting upset people don't want to cheat their games. Some people find comfort in the grind while doing/watching other things, video games in general are a complete waste of time yet pokemon grinding triggers the hell out of people for some reason.

You got a point, even though you can add yourself some pokes through the 3ds editors (or through the QR scans, apparently, since some can actually add themselves pokes with that) before editing them through the editor. The point is that you don't need a PC for that anymore.

because grind in pokemon is broing as hell and even more mind numbing than the worst korean mmos with no premium activated. What's so fun running around in circles waiting for your eggs to hatch?
This is easily the worst grinding system there is. The creators don't want for people to have perfect pokes. and the game play doesn't even need it.
but the autism of a lot of pople that doesn't allow then to not have perfect pokemon, so they suffer and breed and lose a lot of time. Even worse if they breed for a shiny.
The whole breeding system is flawed, as it uses steps and not time.

Have you actually played the worst Korean mmos with no premium activated ? For having done so on an obscure variant of RO "tweaked" by Koreans (I learned later that xp and job xp were reduced to 1/4, with weapon levelling chances reduced in half), I can guarantee you that Pokemon is VERY forgiving. Especially Sun and Moon.

That being said, you have a point… If you want to play competitively, that is. Non-competitive players will be fine with a team of lv100 pokes, with the exception of one or two favorites that will be tweaked to be optimized to their play. And for them, Hyper Training plus classic EV training will be enough.

You want to rig the flaws ? Spam Wonder Trades with nice pokes that require a long time to hatch, and the held items that give the appearance of 31IV to all stats hold by them. People won't need to use the IV or the breeding systems anymore, and you'll win in the end.

It doesn't work well, but the Feebas is fine. I'll probably add some Marvel Scales to some of those I'll throw.

If it makes you feel any better my box of Popplio was the same, 8 Japanese Abras and best thing was a Feebas. Damn nips are lucky its my favorite pokemon chain and I'm totally down with the islands being filled with them.

Least no fucking Zigzagoons.

tfw when played x and y and got ahold of a legit defog scyther with technician, breeds 3 boxes of them to wonder trade so other people can have a defog scyther for breeding and wonder trades all of em, get nothing but bunnelby from japan with the exception of a protean froakie from some1 in america and a gale wings talonflame from some1 in europe, seriously fuck the japanese player base

I've seen Abra spam since day one, nothing more from nips, but Abra is a decent mon so I won't complain too much. Magikarps on the other hand begin to be a bit too much.

And Zigzagoons are fine, if only for Pickup.

It's like they have fun shitting on features like that. And I'm fine with "shitting on nips" being added to the list of reasons to enjoy WT. That being said, the spam didn't seem that intense on previous games.

are the bans from this game temporary?

15 days if there isn't any other ban on the relevant console. Permanent otherwise.

awesome thank you user

You're welcome.

I've been breeding the ghost version of Oricorio, because it's only found on the last island in a part you don't have to go to.
I love how easy it is to use the nursery now, there's a fence right in front of the nursery where you can go in and ride Tauros around on the spot. The girl in front of the place folds her arms when there's an egg ready.

Is this some sort of meme or something? Please explain to me.

Nice idea.
Didn't try it, I used Route 6 instead. I'll give it a try.

No idea. This is just what you'll get most of the time when WTing with a japanese.

I flushed some mons down the wonder toilet yesterday, I'm pretty much out of even okay shit at this point.

I could breed some Archen I suppose.

Gonna start unloading my boxes of adamant Stuffuls. I'm expecting to only get Pikipeks and Abras

Now, a simple question - What would you consider to be interesting pokes to send through WT ?

People using WT are either just starting, filling their dex or putting stuff in to see what happens. I'd go for version exclusives, rare pokemon or ones you only find at the very end of the game. Dhelmise, Mimikyuu, Mareanie and Jangmo-o would be good choices. Also Drampa/Turtonator, Ninetales/Sandshrew and the fossils.
Otherwise just go for your favourites. In XY I'd just WT Goomy and Shuckle because of how goofy they look. I have a friend who WTs Stantler and Phione.

Just don't WT the Ultra Beasts in case you spoil someone, and don't WT Zygarde or you won't be able to get 100%

At this point, anything not from the first or second island

I've traded a few batches of litwick and owl spawn, and I've even gotten a beast ball beldum and female regenerator mareanie that I've further bred and gave away. Sure there's the sea of melemele shitmons, but that's what release is for

I have been sending munchlax through wondertrade. Am I being a huge faggot?

Kek. Injecting is cancer, faggot.
You've never played the worst Korean gridan. I have seen the face of hell and Pokemon is getting less grindy with each gen.
I agree about the steps bullshit

Can beast balls be passed on by breeding?
can genderless pass down balls now?

yes, and if you breed them with a ditto

QUICK! S/M LADS DO THESE THINGS!
1. SPIN THE CIRCLE PAD AROUND REALLY FAST
2. RUN AROUND AND KEEP TAPPING 'B'

Magic.

also, go to bed at home

I want to dump 691 level 1 Slugmas on wonder trade already.

slugma user is that you?

So do people just send off spare UBs seeing as you have to catch all of them to let the story progress

You're a fag ain't you
What is there to even spoil

All it does is make the player character do the "stumble" animation that he or she does when running to the edge of the cliff or something.

You know what'd be a neat mechanic? Releasing Pokemon doesn't delete their data, but instead rolls them into the grass drop tables at some very low rate (maybe 0.1%) so that you have a chance to see that Pokemon wandering the wilderness again.

I thought about something like this - Basically, when you release a poke whose level is equal or over the highest level of the pokes in the route, it goes into the encounter pool for that route. If you do it enough times, that encounter becomes permanent, then goes up the slots, pushing down rarer encounter slots and pushing out the less present poke.

This would motivate people to make eggs, if only to release pokes and ensure they can meet whichever poke they want. And yes, that include legendaries.

Also, for injectorfags, there's a tool for you now - github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM

I think pushing out the original slots is a bit much, it would have to be capped to prevent breaking the game. Most non-legendary Pokemon should be bound to the route they were released on, while legendaries would become roaming Pokemon that can appear anywhere (with a lower rate than non-legendaries)

It isn't that gamebreaking, considering you'd need to actually have a poke and to release it enough time to push the ten slots (one 30, six 10, one 5, one 4 and one 1%) for it to become frequent. And still, it wouldn't go over 30%, with the second one (should you choose to add another one to the same field) either pushing it down to 10% to reach the 30%, or staying at 10% or less.

They should filter out trash to be honest.
Or even incentivize good trades. I.e. if you send something to Wonder Trade that hasn't often been sent out, you get BP.

I got a pretty decent Scyther in OR wonder trade. I guess it's IVs weren't perfect, but with Bottle Caps, I might use him.

I just finished sending out a box of Modest Drampas with Hurricane. One of my rewards was a female Litten. Time to get some egg moves and pass it back

I'm in the process of attempting to breed a perfect Kommo-o, so I'll probably be putting out at least a box of 5iv rejects later today

Nice work. Don't hesitate to tell us more once both are done.

I got a Shiny legit 6IV Ditto from some guy called "Sacred". It was pretty cool.

Fuck, forgot to say.

Time to breed

Don't forget to grab a Destiny Knot through Pickup, both lv1-10, 21-30 and 41-50 groups have it, at least.

The ditto I got already has it, I am probably gonna clone it through PKHex and give it away to all the boys and girls.

That's a nice move.

I'm gonna re-name it "Libido"

Tell us when you'll unleash your libido then, if it isn't already done.

Don't even try to pretend like it wasn't hacked.

Of course it's a hacked one. But it's a legal hack, or else he wouldn't even receive it.

Then why feel like it's any kind of accomplishment when you could have just made one yourself?

Because in the end, it won't benefit oneself, but many others.

I rarely use wonder trade cause i have not obtain anything good from it

The thing is that Wonder Trades call to the generosity of the sender. You're not supposed to receive something good, but to send something good.

Speaking of generosity

Yeah, that's the reason why it was thrown on the WT, I guess.

Why gamefreak?

I liked the female top trainer, especially with her defeated face. Backpacker girls are also cute.

Bumping for more Wonder Trades.

And here's a new release for the injectorfags - github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM/releases/tag/3.1.2 - Download the .cia, install it on your pirated console and have fun through it.

I think I'm going to gen a box or two of perfect Yungoos nicknamed M A G A just for the fun of it. Does it really only have 2 egg moves? How lame.

Use FTP, you fucking dingus.