Meta Thread

I'm a faggot that sucks dicks

now with that out of the way, tell me what you like, what you don't like, and what you want to see improve.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/metav/res/5579.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Make the board about video games.

Holy shit you really did it.

Whats you opinion on lol threads and why are they cancer?
Also what do you feel about OP character limits?

Absolute madman

the lol threads are cancer, but contained cancer and generally follow the rules on being somewhat videogame related with its content.

also for OP character limits I don't feel it's a good idea for threads that need it. I was thinking of implementing a 25 limit myself, but then figured that it would be pointless anyway

What about 4am threads?

Tell regalia or whatever that people not liking over watch isn't reason to ban them when they otherwise aren't breaking rules.

If not then make the modding consistent boardwide and not just pet threads

Whats the deal with all those shit threads where OP posts and leaves? Can we just report that shit?

Get rid of all the threads I don't like!

Well you already made one improvement that I wanted to see, stop trying to move meta discussion to private emails of which users aren't guaranteed to see the content of.

If you want to see why limits for OPs are pointless, you just need to look at Holla Forums.

Yeah because "containment" worked for halfchan right? Where do you think all of those faggots are going to go? They are going to shit all over the board after they are done. Your board, but just know the containment has never worked, you getting rid of them would do this place a favor.

The quickest way to spot a halfchanner is a small OP, look into the past and you will see what we typically have much longer and thought out ones. Again, your rules but the more roadblocks you put between a shitposter the less likely he is to do it.

Nice to see these, Mark.

Let me just say I'm not against threads with low character limits. Look at the danganronpa thread in the catalogue right now. I don't think that thread needed more effort since people got the idea anyway.

Also while I'm here, can I ask why my first Shovel Knight thread was deleted?

post more pictures of mark, my collection is pitiful

This

Make it mandatory to have Undertale generals every week.

Whoever the mod is that sits in the overwatch threads and bans everyone who doesn't like the game and calls them shitposters totally ignoring all reason should be made a fucking example of, Mark. I came here to be allowed my opinion, not have it silenced by a butthurt mod trying to push a game no one likes who sees any negative comment as a shitpost.

when's rgg?

What are your personal criteria for determining the thread-worthiness, such as whether or not a thread is on-topic enough for Holla Forums or when a user has crossed a line?

Do you believe certain topics should be banned outright, or do you judge based on how well an OP has presented it? Do the subsequent replies matter, or is it literally only a matter of how the thread looks in the catalog?

You were deleting plug dot dj threads a while ago, and you set up a word filter for it. What the fuck, Mark?

testing: this is a temp word filter due to spam, please ignore

Mark I demand you get swole, that is my request for board improvement.

dude it's only the same 5 people on 4am threads. If you think letting them loose is going to ruin Holla Forums, then this board has bigger problems.

It's almost like there's a feature implemented on this website that allows people to make their own board that they can govern it the way they please.

say that to his fucking face and see what happens

FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCKOFF TUMBLRTALE

Create gas chambers for the halfchan rapefugees.

How big is your dick?

no comment

can you give me more information? regilla is fairly new and is still getting used to things, that said he's been banning the shitposters in the overwatch thread since it's becoming another undermeme thread.

please do, especially if it's just a one sentence question thread, a >be me thread or a what did he mean by this thread.

I thought I saw another thread, but it turned out that it was sys, so it was in error. my apologies.

who's the guy in the third image?

stop spamming the board faggot. that's why.

1) did you start the thread with a >be me or a "What did he mean by this?" or any other template

2) did you only include two words or a sentence in your thread?

3) is your thread entirely green text with no useful information at all?

4) are you blog posting about your personal life with said green text

5) is it off topic

6) is there a duplicate thread

Why do people get banned or their threads delected for insulting Overwatch?
Keep your Janitors in check Mark

hi mark

These are wholly acceptable guidelines. Carry on.

General threads are absolutely no place for critical discussion, or news discussion, but mods delete threads for both of these sub-topics if there is a circlejerk general for the associated game in the catalog.

Generals filled with people just trying to play a game and discuss the content in it.
We're expected to just dump any bullshit news articles and subjective complaints on them, and expect an actual discussion to come from them after shitting in their thread.

Mods do leave separate threads alone sometimes, like the current thread about Nintendo banning early Sun & Moon players not being deleted and told to go to the pokemon general.
I'd like that to become the more common result.
Take extra consideration in determining if a thread is a separate topic or not.

Mark. We all know video games are all shit at this point, there's no reason to hide it. Even if people still play something, anything, then they only play autistic stuff that suits only them. And there's almost nothing to discuss about that.

Shitposting is real Holla Forums.

That argument died a long time ago.

Are you gonna elaborate further on what you mean or are you gonna leave it at that and pretend that it's a rational excuse for banning VGM room threads? I have only seen one plug thread in the catalog, and if there's multiple then all but one should be removed.

I'm considering getting a personal trainer.

let me answer the questions as well

if it's video games or video games related then absolutely not.

yes, poor quality OPs were one of the things that made halfchan terrible. That, console wars, ecelebs, and a few other factors.

not really, although if a thread is REALLY out of control then I'll talk with the team about deleting it or vice versa.

It didn't stop the /4am/ threads from making their own board.

stop being such a goy

unrelated image

You know very well

Yes they are, it's in the name "general", it means you can talk about the subject in general, as in any way you want.

Remove overwatch.

Keep maintaining board quality by deleting shitty, low effort threads. Template threads and shit like OPs that go along the lines of, "X is Y" or, "Tell me why X is Y" are the fucking worst things on here. We need a solid and consistent purging of that kind of trash, it feels like cuckchan is creeping in.

Wait, I thought you were telling me to fuck off and make my own Holla Forums. Then yes, I think that lolfags should go make there own board where they can meme eternally. They are barley vidya anyway.

>>>/a/

This

I don't know the name of the specific mod, all I know is I haven't gotten one ban on Holla Forums that I can recall except when I went in that thread to mock someone who was acting like an idiot. I suggest you maybe check the logs or possibly sit in on one of the threads. I'm sure there is some shitposting, and I'm not going to say I didn't see some that deserved it including blatant ban avoids, but it felt to me like bans were flying around way too freely. It reminded me of shitty cuckchan moderation, consider looking in to it because it was a massive turn off for the site personally.

They're not though, often you can't tell if there's an actual discussion, what the thread topic actually is or if you're going to need to go archive diving to figure out what the fuck they're on about now. It becomes a circlejerk in the long run and has been a process repeated for years now.

Only if Paladins goes too. It's literally Overwatch with more cancer, because it's pay to win.

Oh boy, i remember all the "fuck off thumblrtale" bans on my entire vpn by some retard who uses same vpn.

Don't know who's worse. Mark, the vpn retard, or the undertale fags themselves.

>>>Holla Forums

I find all of these acceptable. Given Holla Forums's speed, the first impression and lasting facade of a thread do matter. Threads with poor starts will often turn into poor threads, regardless of how hard others try to turn it around.

Likewise, good threads can veer off in wild directions, but that is a natural and encouraged aspect of imageboards. The best boards didn't get where they are today by staying on topic, after all.

Consider adding an explicit statement of Holla Forums's political standing to nip Holla Forums S&P in the bud. Something as simple as adding "GTKRWN" as the subtitle instead of "the vidya."

Remember, you're either with us or you're against us.

I like you, Mark.

ohio~

of course, we don't delete things that we don't like. Hell it's the reason why it took us a year to finally ban the undertale thread due to the mass amount of spam and shitposting. Hell even if there was a topic about a faggot talking about Depression Quest we'd just call him a faggot and move on.

I plan on bumplocking it in a few minutes, I just wanted to show people that they can make a meta thread and have it active while bumplocked.

it works, although you'll need to invest a few dollars on advertising. I know because I spoke to a few board owners about it.

but they're video games related and don't disrupt the nature of the board. I see no reason to ban or be rid of them.

To add to this:
If the thread topic is just, "ANYTHING GOES IT'S A GENERAL" then you wind up with potentially a ton of bulk in between what could be smaller threads that are easier to follow and stay focused.

There's already a >>>/cringe/ board, they can use that, as the threads aren't vidya, just shitty webcomics and cringe shit designed to get replies.

Just get rid of all assfaggots/crapcunts/whateverthefuckwecallitnow. They only bring cancer here. Undertale too.

What?

How do you feel about the mod shitstorm killing /a/ right now?

Can we get the catalog to automatically sort by creation date instead of by bump order?
It makes it much easier to tell if a thread is shit.

Send him some cake

I'd prefer people just filter threads, but Palacucks in particular are very autistic and flip their shit over Overwatch, but their game's okay because ???. I just filtered their threads (and Overwatch threads) and I don't see why everyone so triggered by Overwatch doesn't do the same. But if one's going to be kicked out, it's only fair that the other goes too.

Oh, well good then.
Mark, tell lolfags to leave. I am telling you man, cut out the cancer.

We're not saying ban or remove them, just don't remove threads that are about something related to the all-encompassing general thread. It's like wanting to discuss a specific fighting/racing game or piece of news etc. and your thread gets removed because, "Lol keep it to the general" why even encourage generals? It's not like we need them for containing certain subjects like when the original Pokemon general was born back on cuckchan.

Thats the thing, they're video games and should be allowed as shit as they are.
Problem is that they attract the most cancerous of users.
Some are Tumblr tier

/a/ always had trash mods

From where? What dark cabal is going "psst, hey kid, heres the real dank memm clubhouse to talk about games inbetween 30 autistic posts getting mad every day for 6 months and counting"?
Thats paranoid on a tortanic consumer pre f2p level user. You start policing based on boogeymen and you turn into Holla Forums at best endtimes half/co/ and half/a/ at worst.

Generals exist to contain things, report duplicates and problem solved.

Oscar was one of the best characters

That won't get him swole. He need steamed chicken and oats.

I mainly have a grudge against overwatch by the blaitiant shilling that happened here about a week prior to the launch. There was a constant 5+ overwatch threads THAT WERENT BEING DELETED. And then we allowed it to have even more threads after launch. Fuck overwatch.

I always knew jews support Trump.

Like I said, just filter it. It takes two seconds to do. I filtered it, and Paladins. Hell, I filtered Neptunia, too. That's just because the threads don't interest me and there's always one up, though.

/a/ appears to not have trash mods but trash mod. Some mod keeps deleting none rule breaking threads and enough people are talking about it now he cant ban them all. Of course one poster -who totally isn't the mod swear on me mum- says its "D&C tactics from Holla Forums" because Holla Forums gives a shit about a dying anime board.

Rumour has it its the BO's boyfriend going power mad and policing the board to his taste and not the rules, thank fuck that doesnt happen here. Thats tumblr tier hugbox shit.

Wholly manufactured by outsider shitposters.

Want to know how you can tell? Part of their story involves /tg/ kicking up shit over /a/ and /tg/ has had no such drama involving /a/ or it's mods.. ever. Not once has it come up on any of the on-going manga threads, the meta-thread, or anywhere else.

My problem is with the anons who post there.
Many are obviously not from here.

but we don't do that. Was there some people derailing a thread about it?

that is true, but if we start banning said undermeme and overmeme then would we not be degrading the board by making it a bit of a circlejerk? I mean I dropped overmeme after a month, and undermeme looks gay as shit. However banning them in particular just because I don't like that game sets a bad precedent.

MAKE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT GAMES I LIKE MORE OFTEN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

if you make the threads then people will come

Holla Forums's Holla Forums has been linked on /r/The_Donald, which has been getting attention from the kike media as some base for the "alt-right". Not to mention Tumblr users and their friends that want to be a part of the cool kids club and try to fit in.

Oh, it's you again. Didn't embarrass yourself enough on /a/?

IN DURING MASSIVE FLOOD OF FAGGOTS SAYING "CHANGE THIS, BAN THAT!" AND MARK ACTUALLY FUCKING DOES IT AND MAKES THE BOARD THAT LITTLE BIT MORE SHIT

meme magic is real

I like that crow

The point he's making is janitors delete separate threads about the same game with the message of "just use the general" when those threads might be an entirely different discussion pertaining to that game. It's like, you would accept that having a thread discussing Steam as a DRM or storefront AND a thread discussing current Steam sales both have the right to exist simultaneously, right? They both pertain to Steam, but are entirely different discussions. So why can't this apply to games?

He's still a better BO than you'll ever be.

You don't belong there anyway, this is your home.

Crows are fun.

Is it okay to make threads about specific games or franchises that just happened to be made by Falcom outside of the Falcom Circlejerk General threads? Like Brandish or Popful Mail for example?

Just do 5-10 minutes of cardio to warm up, go on the weight machines for your various body parts(try to do 3 sets of 10), then do 5-10 more minutes of cardio to cool down. Repeat ~3 times a week, but DO NOT do weights on the same part of your body two days in a row. Your muscles need a day of rest before you can lift with them again.

I remember when Holla Forums's BO got found out as frequenting /cuteboys/ and banned anyone who referenced it.

Hi user. That was probably me. I at first got a report for something in the OW thread that was indeed shitposting. I banned that user for 2 hours I believe. I then proceeded to look at the thread to see if there were any good lewds, and just saw a lot of shitposting. Shitposting itself is fine as long as it is kept in a healthy moderation, but I felt some users needed to calm down for a bit.

After I had banned some users and deleted some post they had decided to dodge the ban instead of just wait it out, or God forbid play video games. I went ahead and banned them again for evading, and it was pretty much autists vs autist after that point. It got to the point where it was hard to keep track of who was a legitimate poster and who was just being a faggot. If you are the user that submitted a ban appeal, then I did unban you. I also unbanned everyone the day after. I will try to make a conscious effort to give a bit of extra detail as to why a user was banned like I've seen some other hotpockets doing.

Really, just banning generals of new games for about 1 month would make everything better. All the normalfaggots/tumbrites/outsiders just flock to them and not actually discuss the game. After a month they get bored and move on to the next new game.

Tumblrtale isn't even a bad game, especially for the pricetag.
The community is just fucking awful, enough to subvert the board.
Nicely done
Now tell the mod who bought it to stop banning dissent outside shitposting he'll argue legitimate discussion is shitposting though

On another note
What platform you buying EDF 5?

Also that particular OW thread was just shit. People just shitposting constantly and others taking the bait.

you're 100% right, however also consider the thread guidelines.

like if there's a thread about say the newest overmeme character: Rob Halford then yes you should be able to talk about that in addition to the overmeme general, however if the thread goes off the rails then we have the choice of deleting that thread or bumplocking it

Hi Mark, please answer

The best option would be to just send them to /vg/. The waifu threads belong on /mai/ and the webm threads belong on Holla Forums.

This, yeah.

That faggot started shit on /a/, then he ran here. Now he's on /tg/ peddling the same shit in /tg/'s mango thread.

I'll get EDF5 on PC, however I'll buy it on PS4 if it doesn't come out on PC.

ok, you were constantly deleting and remaking the thread and spamming the board with said thread. I decided to remove the thread from Holla Forums since it wasn't contributing anything to Holla Forums, nor was it video games or video games related. Besides we already have an OST thread.

Agreed. But good luck getting them there. Removing parasites from Holla Forums is gonna be a test of patience.

So you want to keep lol threads? I know you said they were contained cancer, but as I stated cancer is never contained, its always spreads.

Also he has a point, neither are really vidya. /webm/ could use love too.

I just want to know how far the slippery slope will go? If games like Overwatch, Paladins, hell even Dota 2 and CsGo get brought up sometimes. Then where does the line get drawn? Don't be oblivious to companies that back those games, the people that play them/take them seriously. Do you really want those posters here? What about in the coming future when mobile games start getting shoved down our throats? Do we allow them cause hey, they are still technically video games. Another fucking thing is where the hell are more developer Q&A's? are anons required more to set those up? Also, I don't want to sound like a dick, but we should really push retro based games and era to /vr/, that place gets no love. I personally do not want to ever have to go back to cuckchan due to 8chans Holla Forums turning into shit. That is all.

I lurk 95 percent of the time anyways

t./a/utist

Kek

Might as well kill the board

Just wanted to say thanks mark, ur a faget, but ur are faget. You do overall well and any fuckups you make tend to get fixed fairly quick, you got good vidya taste, and the feeling of belonging still lasts here.

You're one of the rare good jews that Nixon talked about.

The best option would be to filter them. The feature exists but everyone just whines or shitposts instead of using it. This shit is exactly why halfchan went to shit. "I could just pretend I'm not autistic and not post in this thread, but I'd rather just ruin any attempts at people talking about video games." I guess autism is too powerful to control.

t-thank you johnny.

we'll keep an eye on them. consider napoleon when taking these things into account.

Is /vg/ even active in the slightest?

I got a question Mark:
What is your favorite Genesis album?

I like that the boards actually work compared to mid-late 2015 when things were shitting the bed and when that failed attempt at infinity next happened. This place still has alot of same-ol-same-ol but that's why I still come here.
Lack of open moderation. I've been in some threads lately that have been bumplocked and that's been great because the threads were completely off-topic or non-vidya related but being more open about banning people for doing stupid shit or even actively shitposting would be good. You know, Ironic shitposting is still shitposting thing. Bunch of other things I don't like, but i'll save that for
Rules, More open moderation and actually using /metav/ again.
I understand that you've said that there's a Holla Forums culture and I get that. There's some shit though that needs to stop: Thread's being called 'generals' as well as more firm control over .webm and LOL threads. The last webm thread started with non-vidya trying to guise itself with vidya music overlayed but it was definately a Holla Forums thing. While I don't give two shits about the content, it wasn't vidya and while we can't really tell people to stop posting non-vidya webms, enforcing the 'first webm in a thread should be vidya related' more actively would be nice. Same with lol threads it would be better if they would just go away in general, but that's my thing and people can just filter
Also, the Holla Forumsacks need to fucking go. I understand you guys are jizzing your pants that trump won but holy fuck I just want to talk about video games not politics. Though, alot of this shit could be self-moderation for myself. I just want to see moderation be more active and actually have fun for once instead of just working silently. You don't have to fucking name-fag all the time but just seeing you guys actually working and taking care of posts/shit that are against the rules.

Use fucking /metav/ again, faggot. I know it sucks having to watch a second board, but remind people that it's there and we won't need these threads as much.

Generals of new games for 1 month. Its like keeping shit in a bag until it hardens, and the flies dont get attracted to it.

I was always a bit curious if it was just one guy the whole time. I mean, we do have a problem with crossboarders in general, but that guy is a lot louder than the usual ones that act new.
Damn he must be desperate, going to try to start shit on a board that has never had anything to do with it in an attempt to rope them into the conflict.

So why are people getting banned for Criticizing or insulting Overwatch?
Blizzard paying the shekels?

Granblue and Nep are pretty much that

Is there really any doubt?
They're not even doing a 360/PS3 version, they will want the sales.

Slow removal is still removal.

I think they're only kept because they've been on the board for a while.

I ignore them, but there's always the risk they decide to move to other threads to get their fix.

I think it's on the same tier as /vr/. Phil a shit, you're a shit, /vcollins/ a shit.

I didn't do shit, I just like sharing VGM with anons and was surprised at how the threads were constantly deleted with no comment on why.

video game music isn't video game related, yeah I believe you

So it's not okay to make plug/dubtrack threads even though they're video game related, even if there's no VGM thread in the catalog? Can the plug room be posted in the VGM thread, at least?

I appreciate the meta thread

we tried /metav/ and it didn't really work. that said we'll have these threads randomly so people won't be prepared, but will be able to speak their minds on what they want to see improved without the usually gang of BAN THIS THING I DON'T LIKE. That said we'll continue monitoring 4am, webm and lol and take action as needed. also when someone is acting like a "Holla Forumsack" they're usually baiting you to derail the thread, report these people when you see em.

spam and shitting up the thread isn't critique or insulting.

We Can't Dance

Open moderation is a double-edged sword. Many people on 8/v/ have grown to hate authority for many reasons, one of which was the reason for the first and second exoduses happened in the first place. You start seeing (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST), people will start screaming about overly stringent moderation. Trust me, it will happen, the userbase of 8/v/ is WAY different from, let's say, halfchan Holla Forums back in 07-08 when people would laugh at someone getting hit with a banhammer.

You should never shadowbump lock a thread, just openly bumplock threads so anons can learn what is shit.

You can always pick out the really vile shitposters, the Holla Forums types who want to destroy the whole damned site, by their habit of talking bad about /tg/.

It's been suggested several times that Mark enables the bumplock icon for transparent moderation, but he refuses to do so.

Well the owner of the room was, so that's why we removed the threads since there's really no purpose for them. Also the last thing we need is another 4am

Why would you ever talk shit about /tg/

It probably scares off newfags and results in threads that come by
WHY WAS MY THREAD BUMPLOCKED

What even is Granblue? From the looks of it, it seems to be what KanColle is, a shitty mobile/web game that only is successful because of waifufags.

I'm against it since I worry that some autist would shit up other threads if he saw his thread was bumplocked. you can always check in the log.

Half of Holla Forums will sagebomb shit they think is shilling. Don't forget, the users are also a force driving this place as well as mark and his hotpockets.

I disagree and so do many user, but its your call. Keep it mind though man.

They never showed up for a while, they we had the "second migration" and they started popping up. They were saged bombed and dubs bombed but after a while it won the war of attrition. I think they are halfchan shit.

I hope randomly isn't once every few months. I think once a month is a good way to handle these and I was just thinking that we needed a meta thread sooner so this came at an opportune time. That being said, I guess I never really thought about actually reporting baiters. I guess being more proactive in getting rid of these fucks will actually get more vidya discussion going on.

Eh, it was great in the first exodus's because people were posting absolutely silly shit and getting appropriate bans for them that fit the context, but I also understand that people here don't really like authority all that much.

I think /tg/ is only really shit on by the guy who spammed the board ages ago to try to get everyone to go to /d20/ instead.

4am already has it's own board, why don't you just lock the threads and tell them to go there instead?

Interestingly enough, Holla Forums tried to destroy /tg/ and failed over a year ago. I think they've held a grudge ever since.

I'd usually agree, but the number of fucking threads we already get with "FUCKING MODS, WHY WAS MY SHITPOSTING BANNED/BUMPLOCKED?" show that it's probably a bad idea.

Why /tg/ though?

I wonder if it's just one guy who has made so many bitching threads on /ameta/. The posting style across the more recent threads seems very similar. The one who calls everyone a communist when he gets banned for shitposting.

I don't wanna disclose when we'll do it, but I want to do it so people won't expect it.

What alternative universe did I step into?

Post-exodus euphoria. It started wearing off in late 2014. But yeah, I enjoyed the nasheeds while they lasted.

oh man, I gotta take a massive shit. I'll be back in a half hour or longer

Trumps universe

I actually own and play Overwatch but people should be allowed to criticize it
see Someone got banned for Calling the art direction "Shitty".
Someone got banned for complaining that the mods protect the game and someone got banned for asking why play it when you can pirate better games.
None of these are spam or even shitposting.

I'm not saying tell people dates, just have it randomly once a month, or if that's too much have it every two/three months. You don't need to disclose dates.

What a shocker.

It's not day Holla Forums, so people who actually give a shit about the board are in it.

Mark, you take massive shits every time you post.

the random method seemed to have worked well, I'll try this again.

So one person's actions condemns a topic that is relevant to several people? The room had 10-20 users on average when threads were allowed. Is that really fair?

The shitposters? They are best ignored, but it would be better if they just cooled their autism enough to not shitpost in the first place.

7am here in yuropland.

wew

Its exactly that
CyGames are some of the worst kikes out there and these faggots are playing this mobage mobile garbage pretending that having a browser version makes anything diffetent.
Theres barely any discussion of the game more than Nep when a new game isnt out for a while.
Its all about Draph tits

the owner was spamming the room nonstop, so yeah I think it is.

Dude, you gotta fix your diet. A "massive shit" for me takes 45 seconds. A minute at the most. I only take more than a few minutes when I'm horribly sick.

do your best

The site would be better off if everyone took that advice.

:^)

I know, while I was watching gundam with a friend for seven hours I had six slices of pizza, a giant bootle of coke and a bowl of popcorn. forgive me user-sama

It can't be argued, then. Can the room still be posted in VGM threads?

the neptunia threads really have to go. I like the games and the characters but these threads are blatant avatarfagging on par with the waifu threads. The way these people act makes me think they don't even browse any of the rest of 8ch

At the time, /tg/'s BO had gone missing and the board had no volunteers. Made it an easy target, and when the users started to scramble to another board, they spread paranoia and distrust.

It looked like they were trying to get the BO position in the election that followed, but that didn't quite work out.

Was the pizza good?

Ban waifu threads and 4am generals. This board gets better with less cancer.

Britfaggots are asleep, remember that main reason this place goes to shit sometimes is that the UK is full of fucking inbred morons. Now you know why they have their own containment thread on Holla Forums

The this is a temp word filter due to spam, please ignore/dubtrack rooms were shit and we had troubles with mark and the rest when we first did them two years ago. The problem occured when faggot shitposters were stirring up drama from within the chat in those specific websites and bringing that bullshit here to spite each other. Having an OST thread or music thread that links to a place like that is nice, but it shouldn't be the focus nor the shilling of said kike sites. As someone that was big about those places back two years ago, they have no place here anymore due to how easy it is to get off track from video music and no way to actually keep people playing video music when you can't control it. Drama, circle-jerking and brings the drama back here, keep those threads out. If people want to talk about music/music radio, atleast fucking shill for rainwave.cc, atleast there it's all fucking video game music.

Do it around these times
Less shitposting kids this aint a normalfag schedule

But then you would loose all the weebshits, steam faggots and UK inbreeds? Then what happens?

lose**

And do the repercussions of this abuse perpetuated by one person extend to other VGM rooms in plug and other websites like dubtrack and cytube?

BAN THREADS I DON'T LIKE

yes, it can. I'll unfilter the link later.

done.

got it.

$10 per thread user

It made sense when they were removing NISA cancer and the games being on Steam were novelty, now it makes no sense to make daily generals when no new games or even new info is released.

The guy most cited as the problem with 4am literally only posts in 4am and /mai/. Permabans are only 90 days anyway, so even if they're told to fuck off forever they can just wait a few months.

Holla Forums would be deserted if that happened

that'll be $19.99 plus tip

nothing of value would be lost.

also I don't mean to rush, but I'm quite tired and may play some vidya for an hour or get some sleep. does anyone have any comments, concerns or questions in general? or may I hit the hay.

Hey "Mark", Im what you guys call a "halfchanner faggot" who just started permanently browsing here today and while I didn't intend to post here until I had lurked for about six months or so, Im going to do it just once to tell you that you absolutely need to fix your diet and start exercising. I havent been here long but I can tell this site is bounds ahead of anything else and I get the impression that you and the other mods actually give a shit. It'd be a real shame if you had a fucking heart attack and died.
I have a two step program for you called running more and eating less. Step one is to start running. Step two is stop eating so fucking much. thats it. It basically improves everything about your life and adds about fifteen years to it.

i got something you can hit gayboy

The problem is that few people are in on this dramafaggotry, so it ends up impacting a lot of anons who are out of the loop and just want to share vidya music. It ends up looking like biased unfair moderation.

Compared to most other generals, Nepfags don't shitpost outside their threads, make duplicates or cause any other trouble.
They are pretty much self-contained, shocking with their collective level of autism really.

I don't really mind long as they stay harmless.

go to sleep mark

benis

Welcome and remember, please meme responsibly

Don't hit the hay, we need it in top shape for when we burn you.

You need to go back.

that is why they are called containment threads.

Yeah, fucking ban this faggot:

I've surmised that they're not actually real users, and are just refugees from halfchan's /nepgen/ who continue using 4chan for everything else and only come here for their hugbox.

In other words, I don't think the anons who made the translations and discussed the games two years ago are the same people inhabiting the threads today.

Go to sleep kike

They are harmless I guess
Haven't seen a Nep outside their generals in months.

Lurk more and never admit you go near cuckchan. It will make your gaming hobby much more enjoyable.

im just concerned for his health
see you in May

I'll consider it. also what said

lewd

alright then, have a good night everyone.

A shame really
They did some real good
They could at least share some mods or some shit but not even that happens.

I always tell people that use the plug/dubtrack rooms is to stay for the music, don't even dare talk in chat because you'll understand how fucking stupid the 'head moderator' in the new plug room. Knowing the guy will abuse his power as mod to play his shit or anime makes me wary of even going in because he has done it in the past and still shows no remorse for it. Seriously though, great places for music, just PLEASE stay away from the chat.

That's the old plug room, is it not? This new one that was banned sold itself on not being the shitty old one with faggot mods. I haven't had any experience like that in the new one, I just like muh video gam music.

any anons responsible for those things seem to have dropped off the earth, because instead of being active like they used to it's just a stupid hangout. They've split off into their own community and should be cut off completely

The issue is that it's not localized to nep. granblue has the same problem, same with overwatch and some other generals I don't remember

We need some kind of conditional rule with generals, because as-is, they're prone to stagnate and become blog threads

Nah, old this is a temp word filter due to spam, please ignore room has its issues, but that was because DeliciousShota was a flaming fucking faggot that complained because no one would take him seriously because he'd do shit that was against the rules.

I don't know what the new room is like because I Refuse to join a room hosted by him because of what I know what he'll do.

VGM

OST

okay so what's getting filtered

p.l.u.g.

plug dot dj

user, any general on any imageboard has that problem and its something I don't think can ever be solved.
Best I can come up with is heavy moderation from someone who is within the community and subject and this all depends on the person not being a cancerous faggot in that context.

This.

Do more of the moderation you should be doing (curbing off-topic bullshit) and less of the moderation you are doing (biased interpretations of rules which exist for the only purpose of getting rid of opinions you can't handle).

Also learn a thing or two from past image boards already. 7chan died for a reason.

He should stop this bumplocking bullshit and actually delete threads that don't belong on the board instead of giving a people a space to continue polluting Holla Forums with non-vidya when this is literally the website where you have no excuse for not having a have a place to talk about something.

Mark never intended for this to be an on topic board, he wants his little Holla Forums with video games.

It's all a problem of lifting the veil of anonymity inside that thread, just a tiny bit where you start becoming recognizable by other regulars. And then, like it or not, bonds start forming between people.

What's up with lime?
Why is he such a cuck?

Crows are in best family, prove me wrong.
Sage for off topic.

REMOVE 4 AM
TELL THOSE FUCKING FAGGOTS TO GO BACK TO CUCKCHAN, /MAI/ OR THEIR OWN FUCKING BOARD!
REMOVE 4 AM
TELL THOSE FUCKING FAGGOTS TO GO BACK TO CUCKCHAN, /MAI/ OR THEIR OWN FUCKING BOARD!
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM
REMOVE 4 AM

there he is

I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF THIS SHIT SHITTING UP MY BOARD!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How's your legs?

fine

Wow. I can not remember the last time we had one of these, its not fair to hold my word on it as I never really went to these threads.

Bumping while I collect my relevant complaints into a coherent though process.

Welp never fucking mind. Thread is bumplocked. I missed possibly my only chance for a very long time to express my opinion on some problems I have been having with the board. Cancerous shitposters win again.

Is it really that hard to impose a "no shit posting in serious meta discussion threads" rule? Fuck my shitty life.

It's me, lime! I guess I can take this opportunity to field a few questions for a bit since Mark is sleeping/shitting atm. Though of course I don't carry the full weight(hehe) of Mark himself.

This thread was bumplocked from the beginning I think. Meta threads are still not allowed because it leads to spam and constant drama generation.

Ehh, I guess everyone has left~

I appreciate the acknowledgement but I got here late. So I guess its my fault.

I dont understand the need to bumplock meta threads. I am not the only one who feels this way. Why not just moderate the thread and delete inane and content less posts like for example the first 3 posts in this thread except the 3rd one and op character limits.
This one too.

Kill me.

Well, we used to have meta Mondays. What they became was a platform for people to get attention because the whole board checks those threads out. They started to be useless with very little constructive conversation. Mark had heard all the complaints possible on every subject, so the threads were just new appeals by the same guys that didn't get their way, escalating each week with every meta thread. There were cross board raids, doxxing of Mark, constant thread spam generating from them. If we keep the meta threads low key, those extreme autists aren't even aware they're not getting their way.

When we stopped meta Mondays all the drama and anti-mark spam came to a stop. You might say it's easy to delete the shitposts but not really in these cases. The turbo autists will switch vpns every few posts for hours on end if they have a platform like a meta thread to spam on.

I'm heading off now user, but have a good one hope you don't miss my reply.

Sure. I know. But you kinda just proved that you guys don't really monitor these threads, they get bumplocked and the you guys forget about them, you only came into this thread cause I reported the thread and told a mod to unbumplock it. You made some relevant points but something I don't think you mark and the rest of the mod team seem to understand is people who go on anonymous image boards they have no desire to have social media/email/persistent identity ect so we have no way to express our concerns to people in power like you. And when you fold these problems in on the fact that these threads become shitposting petri dishes, and the fact that apparently you guys don't actually monitor these threads it become pointless to express my concerns at all cause all I am doing is screaming into a hole, throwing my ideas problmes and issues into a void never to be seen, read or considered by anyone.

Fuck my life man, this this I have to put up with.

*the shit

Mark said in this thread that he's doing more meta threads now, just not announcing the time. Also we browse the board more than anyone in the process of vol'ing, we see a great deal of feedback and complaints through reports and in people's posts in the related thread.

In reference to deleting the shitposts in this thread, I don't think it really accomplishes much since the thread is dead now already, but if it were actively being posted in sure I would probably clean it up.

Message received. You might but many of the mods only moderate things that are reported and have said it in the past with their capcodes on.

This thread its irrelevant but in that hypothetical scenario these threads would be be stickied and heavily moderated.

I hope you have a nice day user. I will try to remind people to moderate bumplocked threads more and scan through threads regardless of reports. It's difficult and even I need to just use the report queue at times in order to mod for 12 hours stretches straight while taking care of other things in your life.

Hopefully, I catch the next one earlier.

Thanks. You too.
I going to save you, I wont blog post to hard. I'll be honest I haven't been coming on Holla Forums that much recently. A lot of these meta issues are really bothering me and making it hard to contribute to the board. Board quality is suffering cause of them. I hope I can get some of it resolved.

But what you are doing right now is a sign of good faith you are at the very least acknowledging there are issues and are reaching out. Like I said I will save it for the next thread.

I can take a hint lel.
Good bye user. Have a good day too.

capcoding again because I switched IPs

I didn't mean it like that, I literally had to drive somewhere different so I didn't think we'd continue the conversation.

Anyways, if you can take any solace I can confirm that all the vols and mark have a passion for vidya, we won't let this place go to shit! There are many things though that seem super easy to do from the outside (I thought that way before becoming a vol), but once you set out to delete the shitposts or whatever it's never that easy. Anyways, nice talking to you user and thanks for the feedback!

See 8ch.net/metav/res/5579.html for an example posted last week during the free weekend. That's really fucking tame if we are now calling that shitposting.

Suggestion: Just bumplock 4 AM threads as soon as they're made. It works for meta threads, it could work for all the offtopic threads that get made but you feel iffy about deleting. It's a tool you don't use often enough, except on blatant shitposting threads that by all rights should just be deleted. It's reversible if you change your mind, since I know you like to do that, and bumplocked threads still last for 12-18 hours before falling off, so they're perfectly usable for interested parties. Ritsufag gets to keep his circlejerk, the first page of Holla Forums gets to stay cleaner overnight, and you get to pretend you're being proactive about improving Holla Forums. Everyone wins.

Current policy. I like how most of the threads are.
I like mod involvement during events like game events or holidays. I hope we can have something constant during the Christmas holidays and the lead up to them.

Every first post is a shitpost sage, no matter the thread. What the crap is up with that?
The political circlejerk. I agree with a lot of 8ch's overall politics but this is a vidya board. Unless the game itself is politically themed, I don't want politics dominating the discussion of it. I'd go to Holla Forums for that.

Waifu threads. I bring this up as one of the waifufags; there's going to be talk about waifus anyway, so banning their threads will just force people to disguise it. Leaving it to once a week is a good containment measure, and if the thread runs overboard into Friday or something when it's clearly a Wednesday thing then I'm not against just bumplocking it when it's time.

Labelling every thread a general thread. There's removing clutter, but I'm not in the mood for making each OP a base template. You mods do it already, but I'm saying this since I saw one post talk about it - no char limits for OP posts, and please be flexible with the "One thread only" convention we have.

Honestly this is good too.

Can you ban cuckchan 7th exodus rapefugees? They are ruining the board.

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

Welcome friend!