Will bullet hell ever make a comeback?

Will bullet hell ever make a comeback?

It'll probably stay in the niche market along with fighting games because they are too "hardcore" for the fucking normalfags, which are the target audience of most game developers nowadays.

Hope not.

Kind of a shame to shove them in with fighting games, seeing as how shitty fighting games are becoming now that SFV is deemed acceptable.

Undertale

not really. it's not nearly as comfy as Super R-type or Arrow Flash.
I can't git gud at bullet hell games anyway. I just want to have fun while i slowly starve myself to death

True. A lot of shmups are really good games, but they're not mainstream. The same goes for a lot of modern fighters, except for SFV which is such a colossal fuck up.

I have no idea, but there are a shitload of them, so I guess you will never be bored.

I really suck at these games, though. It's the one genre that just destroys me. Every single game.

As far as I know, there are no easy shmups, so they keep the casuals away by their very nature.

Hopefully never. Autistically micro dodge screen of tiny pellets you can barely seem coming- the game. If they focused on something mechanically compelling instead of memorising patterns or being an autist then I might have liked them. I appreciate the difficulty but it doesn't feel like it's asking for much from the player to continue playing. It's not squeezing you in any meaningful way from a design standpoint. You're not being asked to solve anything really.

Why are you starving yourself user? Body image issues, or extreme poverty?

What are danmaku shmups? I thought that was the name of a game but apparently it's a type of shmup?

Reminder that Ikaruga is shit.

kek

Idiots, there's like NOTHING you can possibly do with this genre.
It's like trying to develop a good Star Fox game.
It's like trying to make a sequel to Tetris.

its quite amazing how people believe "their" opinion dismissing a whole breed of STGs based on watching one pattern of some hidden final boss from a two game series on youtube, if even that, is worth reproducing for others to see. and as here this "critique" is oftentimes coupled with the general accusation of these games being "memorisers", in the ignorance of this label commonly being used to describe a wholly different class of shooting games, where it is more fitting.

bullet hell is still niche to a point, there are also bullet hells that are kind of changing the genre like how rougelight made a new subgenre of rougelikes, as in Nuclear Throne, Enter the gengion and all those

yes and yes to some extent. i'm not super poor, but i'm definitely way below the average.
sage for offtopic

Are you saying eye'm the strongest?

You have to wait for Mushihimesama Futari in related jewtube to come out on PC first

never in the mainstream

HAIL OUR LORD AND SAVIOR XOXAK

has he made any new videos? i'm not even a huge shmup guy but i really like his particular breed of comedy

He pretty much dropped off the face of the Earth. He may have uploaded something a few years ago based on a post he made on shmupforum but damned if I can find it. He has made more videos than what's on his youtube.

Very unlikely, casuals can't into bullet hell.

I sure hope not, after CAVE and Touhou drove it right into the ground.