Saturday Night Horror Thead

You know the drill.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Bk9RiUoAoYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anuu, spookie dookie

Third-person camera automatically removes the idea that you are playing the role of a character?

Tell Don't Show over Show Don't Tell? It's entirely dependent on a) the quality of the writers themselves and b) the imagination of the player, but I've seen it done well.

The memes never end IRL do they?

Never ever question meme magic. You'll always loose.

Magic, truly

Well there's another question, supernatural horror or grounded horror?

Supernatural. If I want grounded horror I just need to turn on the news.

probably not. my guess is an invisible enemy would be annoying if you needed to rely on sight to fight it (due to gameplay), and too easy if you didn't. the laser sight in RE4 helped fight those invisible monsters, but they were just as easy as everything else due to being able to see when the dot appears. it all depends on the gameplay, but once you have the gameplay it doesn't really matter what the enemies look like
3rd person helps with being responsible for another, you'll see them easier due to the drawn back camera angle.
i think 3rd person is better in general, as a wider FOV helps account for the missing aspects of perception like peripheral vision, hearing (vidya hasn't emulated/utilized sound in environments well enough to make it believable), and feeling the air around you.
like i said before, once you have good gameplay it doesn't matter what the threat looks like. horror in horror games 99% of the time comes out of how the horror is integrated into the gameplay

Such weak fake shit. Who is this supposed to fool/scare?

Grounded Horror is not horrifying enough for user.

Sooner or later you've got to deal with shillary losing:^)

Psychological horror or unreliable narrators with implied mental defects seems like a common way to bridge the gap since it's an excuse to introduce surreal elements without compromising the internal validity. Going full /x/ in every single horror story is going to be repetitive, and very few people fully take advantage of the freedom a supernatural setting allows. The world isn't populated by hundreds of Beksinskis.

lol

You by the sounds of it. The fact you thought it was made for anything but fictional entertainment.

You never know…it could be real…

It is real. It's a video. How could they get a video of it if it isn't real.

Why not run it over?

Alright friends. Let's watch some games.

youtu.be/Bk9RiUoAoYU

Supernatural, because I'm into horror for the otherworldly and bizarre, not to see humans being crazy.

I WILL NOT REST UNTIL EVERY ONE OF YOU FAGGOTS PLAYS THIS GAME

Looks like a weird mix between early Resident Evil titles and your average Japanese Haunted School simulator.

It's the best couch-op survival horror ever

I will never understand this. Horror games are all about immersion, best played alone in a dark room. Having a however good buddy besides you kills the entire mood - you might as well has a fucking Britney Spears CD playing in the background.

It works because of the difficulty since if a character dies they stay dead
The sequel is ok
Still waiting for the third game

How come there are so (relatively) few horror games set on ghost ships? I know there's a handful of them, but just imagine having to rummage through an old, rusty cruise ship seemingly entirely devoid of life.

I guess it isn't completely unreasonable to screencap your post if the text is too long to just copypaste, but at least clear your cookies or something
All the games on ships I know of, namely RE Revelations 1 and Dead Aim, night cry, and cold fear, don't really go for the whole ghost ship thing, it's always just a ship. A shame, I can see a game fully committed to it being fun.

Dishonored isn't relevant, but it does have this song that would be right at home in a ghost ship level.

As an alternative to ships, what about Sewer levels that actually are cool?

I can think of two off the top of my head that I liked and they're both from the same series. I remember the RE2 sewer level being alright too.

CUTE

It honestly looks like somebody put 2 wights on the ground and a balloon for the head and then put a sheet around both and then somebody used fish wire to move the legs across a field.

Yeah, it looks pretty fake to me, especially the way the legs bend and how floaty they look. Still cute.

How about a bit good old-fashioned body horror?

What are some good games to grab on the Steam sale? I loved REmake and Manhunt, thought Dreadout was eh, and had some fun with Alan Wake and The Evil Within even though those weren't terribly spooky.

Have you played through the first two Penumbra games?

Haven't tried those or Amnesia.

Disregard Amnesia (or at least steer clear of A Machine For Pigs) and acquire Penumbra.

The only stupid part about Penumbra is that you actually can kill some of the earlier enemies with enough patience.

They're fantastic, would highly recommend.

GOG version: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:82eb691f1ebea936d9da0df9b9b1af8895c32b58&dn=The+Penumbra+Collection+GOG&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

Anyone wanna have some Junji Ito?

Its always time for Junji Ito

Is that the actual translation? Because that's hilarious.

Okey-dokey. Be warned though,I don't have that much stuff at hand.

End of the first chapter.

With exact expressions i hunt random flying bugs in my own room.

End of Chapter 2.

get a small vacuum or hand vacuum it does wonders against the fucks

Can anyone post that manga where a girl basically lets insects infest her body, and it ends with her friend walking in with her on the bed with insects crawling all over her? Can't find it anywhere, and just the thought of it creeps me the fuck out since I have severe insectophobia.

You think that's bad, I live there. My mosquito zapper level is Prestige+.

Recently unlocked all the endings.
Can you nice anons recommend me something that comes close to Lone Survivor?

Have you ever killed one with wasp-specific insecticide? It's terrifying. I expected it to just be like a little aerosol spray but it came out like a fucking fire extinguisher and sizzled like acid while the wasp retched to death. I was a sucker for using brooms and shit to kill them for years.

So, this is the true meaning of Death Stranding plot.

I tried to play it, but I really can't say I care much for 2d horror games. They don't really build up the immersion I need to get properly scared.

Also, end of Chapter 3. I'll let it rest for now.

No keep going, that is the most badass shit I've seen in a long time. I want a game where I can battle spider-legged land sharks.

It was scary at first, but then it became so much more fun when it became more Survival than horror. The management aspect really struck a cord with me

Different tastes for different people, I suppose. I don't really like management aspects in horror games, although this could just be me being a huge pussy when faced with very finite resources.

I remember when I was younger, around 15, I got frustrated with a bunch of wasps scaring me. So to get over this fear, I trapped them inside a soda bottle, cut it in half then added a small metal net a little below the bottles entrance to keep them alive and breathing. I gave them small crumbs of bread/droplets of sugar and water to keep them alive.
I kept them inside that bottle as long as possible, so I could cum below the bottle's entrance and have the wasps be dribbled in jizz, to see their wings flapping frantically as they try to escape from my seminal hell

I shot my load up to five times every 12 hours because it was hot as fuck watching the wasps get so close to my cock, struggling and trying to escape by removing the metal net, only to have them fall back down again as I covered them again with my thick creamy loads. As the days passed, my loads slowly hardened and immobilized them inside my seminal trap, eventually all 5 of them drown with a fresh load, or suffocating them inside my crusty days old fluids

I did this about 4 more times in a period of over two years
Then I realized the fastest way to get over a crippling fear is to sexualize it

Where's the rest?

Patience. I'll post more next week. For the time being, I would like the thread to be about vidya rather than Vietnamese wood carving pictures.

…dude.

How does one sexualize talking to girls?

I just flushed them down the toilet…

Smooth user, you're like the Ted Bundy of wasp killers.

Well this post certainly belongs in the horror thread.

It's perfectly normal behavior