Space Hulk: Deathwing Beta

Making a new thread for the Deathwing beta. I keep fighting the urge to pre-order and play it. The last thread seemed to be a mixture of "it's fun but buggy" and "it's irredeemable garbage."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IS1zS-Hk4fA&feature=youtu.be&t=1280
youtube.com/watch?v=irFJQEwqihQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It is irredeemable garbage. Do not buy it

care to elaborate?

Maybe he is referencing the OP in an attempt to make a joke.

Who knows?

Lies Deathwing doesn't look nearly that good!

well, I have no idea about this game since I didn't preorder, it looked fine from the videos but you never know

People are saying it's boring and shallow. What I've seen looks fun but if it's all there is I can understand why.

The shooting and melee feels awful, the class balance is shit with some being utterly useless and others being really good.
It isn't just that the game is filled with bugs and glitches like a Bethesda game, its fundamentally fucked.

The MP is going to be a shitshow since there is zero variety, you can block close/open doors, but the game doesn't require you to employ any tactics and doesn't really allow for anything other than closely sticking together.
Enemy variety is minimal, in theory you have a few models that are different and melee/ranged guys, but it all feels the same, you shoot at them, they die and pose little threat unless they're in large enough numbers.

Vermintide and L4D did everything this game is trying to do far better, with there being special enemies that could incapacitate one of your squad and required teamwork and the likes. This game doesn't have that at all.
The big levels are there to accomplish literally nothing, everything looks similar and enemy density is always the same.
It would be different if you had to plan how to get from the start to the end, avoid nests/encampments of enemies, had relics and ammo pointed out on the map and had to somehow burrow through a maze of a level, closing off/blocking doors to hinder enemies, but these things are simply not in the game.

There is simply nothing good about this, you'd think they add some overall level progression or loot system like Vermintide, but they didn't. There will be no reason to ever play this and the community will be dead within a month since there is no reason to keep playing it.

Im conflicted. On the one hand its got SPESS MUREENS and it looks like they are done exceptionaly well, on the other hand there realy is no reason to play a four player coop zombie survival game that isnt left 4 dead.

L4D is ancient at this point though, a coat of paint can help.

yea but the thing is that all other games are inevitably boring because they lack the special infected and the challenge they present. it encourages/forces teamplay in a way that other games just dont.

Killing Floor does it better than L4D if you ask me.

wh40k may be the least interesting thing ever, I have no idea why anyone likes it.

They may have Orkz and Chaos forces in it

I thought there is level progression, unlocking new weapons and powers

You played it?

There is in each level, but once you complete it everything is reset. I have no idea why they have it like that

Yes, its shit

how do i know you actually played it?

Is that just part of the beta so it can be tested heavily?

It would certainly be nice to have extra enemy variety.

The open beta is out now, you can go and buy it yourself. There's been other people who have had more positive reactions to the game though.

No, its like this intentionally and going to stay this way, there is no account based level up system or anything like that

oh shit how did i miss that

how are you saying that with certainty? many games manage progression without accounts, like EYE or EDF

It's the first sentence of my thread.

Well, second sentence but you know what I mean.

agreed, l4d is really boring and stale

The interface is literally only built for a per level system.

well just fucking kill me then

Sounds just like EYE

how? I don't follow, maybe you can post screens?

thats just for the public beta

L4D is extremely boring to me even with the special infected.
I want a similar game where canon fodder enemies are be elevated above that and given variety of their own. A spectrum of enemies like in Doom or Halo, but just a fuck ton of them on screen and have them take formations relative to their role.

That would be a lot more interesting and keep the intensity high throughout.

eh, i liked the gameplay of l4d better. and if theres anything i cant fucking stand its progression systems that are tacked on top of shooters. goddamn that shit pisses me off.

Normally I agree, but I felt Killing Floor did it right. Only 6 levels, and it takes a really long time to earn them, so you just kind of forget that they are there while you play and then eventually you level up and you FINALLY get more ammo to help you fuck up those Scrakes.

shooting's actually great and melee is just ok.

mp is a class-based coop shooter set in 40k space hulk tt scenario and it plays like that.

also, complaining that killing enemies with different weapons feels the same is like saying all fps are the same, a very stupid critique

and of course the game gets boring if you only get one level to play.

The only one saying it was garbage was the faggot that couldnt run it due to toaster.

The biggest issue right now is the fucking loading times and games getting dropped
You'll sit in the load screen for 5 or more minutes
Another point of contention is that upgrades don't carry over between missions, but I suspect that's just because this is the beta and there's only Chapter 2 available
respawn timer either needs to be increased or players should only be able to be called in at certain points of the map
there's a horrific bug you can get when you interact with doors that shuts off your ability to shoot/hit/use abilities

However, the game plays great, I have almost no problems with optimization and if you've played EYE you'll take to a lot of the systems like a fish to water
Genestealers are deadly as fuck if they get up close to you, the big boys can and will one shot you if you fuck up
guns look great, though they aren't as loud as I'd like them to be
Melee combat is pretty meaty, although it is simple, block and hit

Wait and see on this one, I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed back the release date a week
If they fix up the load times and netcode I'll be pretty happy with it

That is entirely your opinion, fam, not a fact.

That bug never happened to me. Also I never had any long loading times with a ssd. Though I had infinite loading loops when the host dropped du to the game crashing.

Looks like this game is even closer to EYE than expected, just like EYE, some seem to love it, others seem to hate it, it truly is another "you either love or hate it" game.

male power armor fantasy

so is undertale

From the gameplay ive seen, seems like bullshit, since people carry upgrades to their next game.

if it is true, why are people making it out to be a bad thing?

Undertale is a "You're a furry or you're not" kind of game

So is Jackie Chan

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

now youve done it

Pretty much this. It seems like a solid game from what I've played but the bugs kinda kill it for me right now.
I-It's a beta, they'll fix it.

Have you even shot the Bear Killer, you enormous faggot?

From the 80 minutes that I've played, it's pretty fun. The shooting feels nice and the movement feels like a terminator.

This 80 minutes, however, was also filled with long as fuck load times, spotty host connection, and gamebreaking bugs preventing me from shooting or using melee at all.

So take that as you will. Don't buy the beta like me.

user you look ridiculous. here lets get you a weebum

For one, progression is important in 40k in general. A good chunk of factions like Space Marines, let alone Terminators, are all about veterency and relics.

Other than that, it's common for (good) shooters to have additional customization and loadouts. Even Eternal Crusade has gear. It's fun to build up a character with various pieces of gear and then move to the harder difficulties to gain more ludicrous pieces of gear. It's also a cornerstone of every ARPG ever. Without it, I'd probably load up the game, play through the default missions on hard with two of my friends, and then uninstall the game.

I read that some people argue that loot made Vermintide bad, but that's wrong. Vermintide's issue with loot wasn't that loot existed, it was that the system was unsatisfying and constantly gave you nothing you could even equip, let alone something you wanted. It was cancer because you could do everything right, get a loot table with one item you want, fail every roll and get a green item that you have 30 of already. They should have just dished out currency depending on your results and difficulty at that point, and let you buy the shit.

People who say that L4D2 didn't have loot and that people still play L4D2 need to remember that L4D2 is $3 during every sale and was given away for free at one point if you logged in to steam and clicked a button. There are probably more copies of L4D2 in people's steam inventories than there are actual people playing games on Steam right now. Deathwing is $40 and comparatively unknown.

I just hope that it's all false and that progression exists. I was really looking forward to this after Eternal Crusade took my money and shat all over me.

Also, the autistic level of detail is amazing
You can zoom in on readable purity scrolls, you leave bloody bootprints when you walk through bodies, spend magazines get dropped, readable cogitator screens
And the maps are actually fairly large too

things like that can certainly provide replay incentive, and thats a good point that it counts towards the 40k experience. i can imagine decorating my pointy stick with the skulls and helmets of particularly tough enemies, or ripping their equipment apart and orking them up would be really satisfying.
killing floor comes to mind when i think of a fun carrot on a stick. what will be the deal maker for me though, is whether or not there will be custom maps. while gaining levels was fun in kf nothing would quite beat the feeling of getting acclimated to a new map while my group would discuss why this or that area was advantageous rather than falling in to the standard strategies that require little communication after weve grown familiar.
thats pretty much all that worries me, i dont want it to become too routine.
although for all i know the game has randomized space hulks. i honestly havent followed it too closely because hype consumes me.

I got a boner when i saw the cadian 22nd banner, the boxes with krak grenades and the loading sentinels.

releasing some kind of easy map maker/mod tools would be great but I would cross my fingers, especially since StreumOn is what, 12 guys?

would it completely blow your mind if i told you its because its cool?

Should I [re]buy it, or keep my money?

When it works, I enjoy it and think there's a good core game there that just needs polished and some more things added to it. It feels more like a single player game with the multiplayer added as an after thought though. The problem is that it's buggy as fuck right now and peer to peer should be illegal for multiplayer games.

I would recommend waiting a month or two after launch and see how it gets patched up.

But that means waiting a month or two when the DLC weapon is gone and the discount too.

The DLC weapon is literally identical to the power fist in terms of stats.

Is it actually p2p? I am able to play with my friends who I can't even play shit like anno 2070 or cowadooty with because of our nat types.

Just wait for the 9th you faggot

I did a playthrough with friendly fire on, it's actually not as much of a trainwreck as you might think, especially with voice. We only a couple team kills, and I don't even think either of them happened during actual combat.

Pretty dank.

ME TOO FELLOW EMBED MARKETER.

Is this going to be a Denuvo game?

Enemy variety will be a problem for this game. Like it was for E.Y.E.

yes

I pre-ordered it to access the beta.

The game is buggy, yeah, and full of crashes and balance problems. The good news is that those things are all number values that can be adjusted easily. Crashes can be fixed quickly, too.

The thing that I'm worried about is the lack of enemy variety, the lack of strategy, and the lack of risk. You have infinite ammo, and your abilities only have a cooldown. Even if you die, your tactical marine only has to press 1 and you're up again.

The only class you really seem to NEED to have is an Apothecary. Everyone else can be a Devastator and you have no problems.

Weapons also seem pretty imbalanced, too. The default storm bolter is pretty much a peashooter at higher difficulties, but the plasma cannon will fucking liquify entire rooms full of genestealers in one shot.

There's no excuse why it should be. Even twisting canon a little and featuring other races like the Eldar or the Orks, or Chaos cultists and Space Marines, and whatever else can reasonably get dragged into a hulk could have helped.

You could always say that DLC or expansion packs could solve those problems, if the game is popular enough. The downside is that unless they're already laying the groundwork for those future expansions, we may not see them for a long time.

I've watched gameplay of the game and it looks completely underwhelming, boring even. Bolters don't feel like bolters, let alone their canonical counterparts, your power armor might as well not be there and seems to just be an excuse to force you to walk/run slower, and I've read there is no "director" feature like in L4D so enemies always spawn at the same place.

What we seem to be getting is a shitty L4D ripoff with a 40k paintjob instead of EYE in 40k, and I could give less of a shit about a subpar cooperative shooter.

To be fair, Genestealers have rending claws, which makes them tear through Terminator armor as if it were a wet t-shirt.

I distinctly remember the armor going to shit from getting shot, not from melee attacks.

Depends on what's shooting you. If it's a genestealer with a rocket launcher or an autogun, it's barely going to tickle the armor. If it's a heavy turret that fires plasma balls, yeah it's gonna rough you up a little.

That one is a matter of licensing . Blame GW for being anal about copyright and only renting small parts of their IP.

Inb4: Broken legs goes on a shitposting rampage and the mods ban all discussion of the game to satiate his thirst for destroying Holla Forums

How is this a matter of licensing?

Everyone here thought it was going to be something similar to EYE, with lots of character customization and equipment choices, where you get to explore one or more hulks with your team.

We haven't seen singleplayer yet from what I gather, but the AI companions don't seem to have much personality, certainly nothing on the level of Republic Commando, and the gameplay looks incredibly simplistic. You shoot/hit things, open/close doors and deviate out of your way sometimes to pick up a relic.

lmao. Only you bro, Streum wanted to make a FPSRPG from the PoV of an inquisitor. That would have been EYE in 40k, with a wide choice of gear, crazy maps, worldbuilding and all that jazz.
The Spacehulk licence they got from focus restrict them to use only Spacemarines Terminator (heavy armour), related gear, Spacehulk style maps and what you can find there.
This game is close to a heavy armour only Syndicate Black Ops run, especially the shooting parts.

Lol at the faggots in this thread. If it ran well it'd be worth it but it doesn't right now so don't buy it yet. There we're more enemies than I thought I didn't know about the psyker hybrid and the invisible strains.

It doesn't say on the store page so no.

Does anyone seriously believe this nonsense?
They could have chosen any chapter for a run of the mill space hulk genestealer fight but they've picked the Dark Angels in particular.

You know damn well that if there was even one fallen on that hulk they'd have dragged a whole company there. Just to make sure.

actually that's for the best.
Left 4 Dead had it figured out, Vermintide was fucking retarded to have you grind for better weapons instead of finding them on the field.

The fallen will be revealed to be the ones behind the space hulk appearing in realspace around chapter 6 but because of some heretical rituals the Librarian and his team will be stranded there and forced to purge the traitors.

None of this will happen and once again a bunch of random autist on Holla Forums will have outdone a whole development studio and their writing department inbetween bouts of shitposting.

The co op is tacked on I feel sterumon wanted a single player shooter and it shows. You can tell everything is just an upgrade for MC Librarian character.

Vermintide was a pretty shitty game. I liked the banter between the characters, the dialogue was definitely spot on (with the exception of the wood elf) but just about everything else was incredibly boring. Weapon variety is lackluster, there's a whole host of balance issues, melee doesn't feel satisfying to use (with a slight exception for cousin grimgi's rapier) and ranged may as well not exist except for sniping specials. I don't know why everyone is praising it so highly in this thread. It's even worse now than it was at launch, with "daily quests" hamfisting everyone into playing a certain way on certain maps each day.

Considering they have pretty much shown nothing of the actual single player campaign, why would you think something so idiotic? Also Republic Commando was shit and no npc had personality there.

Go play dorf fortress then if you don't want to shoot aliens in ancient space ships?

You really sound like a retarded cuckchanner who brainlessly repeats shit he hears on the internet without forming an original thought.

I made a shill mad.

I wasn't expecting that at all, but now that you say it like that it would have been cool.

So your logic is "wait until the release day when it goes back up to full price?" That doesn't really make sense. If you're going to buy the game, why would you not buy it at a fucking discount?

And it still doesn't answer the question.

Practically everything that isn't a guardsmen can go through Space Marine armor and even gaurdsmen can pierce through specific tiny spots in the armor with a lucky shot. In fact Space Marines are the standard when comparing other units and armies, that is how strong other factions are compared to humans. Tyrannids and Necrons especially go through space marine armor like butter.

Wait until it's released so you can make an informed decision, or be an uninformed faggot to save a few bucks.

Might as well just post this again.

u butthurt bro

Why?

It feels this way because randoms are more retarded than bots.

Vermintide is great in every aspect asides from lack of content. Melee is great, you just have shit taste. Also if you think long range weapons are only good against specials then you didn't play the game longer than 1 hour.

Played the beta today, it was alright till we were on our way to extraction and the game crashed. Pulling up the map and leaving it's menu is a bit slow and there are occasional freezes when I can only assume the enemies get spawned.
I like it overall, for some reason I couldn't hack turrets in the actual game the way you could in the tutorial but aside from that tearing through hordes of genestealers is pretty fun. I went Librarian first and going to try the other classes next time I play.

its literally the worst game ever made

Vermintide would be great if it wasn't a MP game and thus reliant on having a team with an average IQ above room temperature.

I can respect that, i just didnt like it much myself.

thank the lord. progression should be contained within one round as far as i am concerned.

le everything is overpowered and nothing is interesting is not cool, its boring

Why would I ever trust faggots who willingly paid to play a fucking beta. They already showed how cucked they are by doing so

you don't have to, you can just pirate it when it comes out

gamespy put out 20 minutes of sp footage and it was building up to a battle with psykers

Yeah the beta is p2p which is the reason for most disconnects, you can see on the browser a filter for dedicated servers.

I can see where they were going with how progression is handled in game. Basically that you play through a full chapter with some people and you all start off equal and level up and upgrade as you go. Makes sense, right?

The problem is that there's no real customization being shown off and the progression is linear. I think it'd be better if there was some branching and picking of skills and whatnot between maps.

Say something like, you're stuck in a linear tree, unless you find a relic, then you can branch off for different benefits. Or just finds relic and you get a alternate skill/weapon/buff you can pick instead of the standard?

I think there's easy ways to make the multiplayer better but just weren't done. I have an unfortunate feeling that the pc version is just a beta for the console trash version

Hacking turrets isn't in MP

now that's pretty strange

Come on now, lore and games have never been on the same page. Else space marines would be dominating.

I would accept this if you weren't praising Vermintide.

So limit their numbers. Their whole fucking point is that they act as a force multiplier.

From what I've seen posted in previous threads fucking stubbers are enough to reliably damage really hard. And, also from what I've seen, dealing damage is not based on chance (i.e. dice rolls).

Probably give it a few months so it isn't a turd and pirate it before you buy it.

this isn't an mmo.

I really hate that they had to include healer class. It's just like playing MMO healer which means boring and unrewarding resulting in no one wanting to play apothecary.

Fucking kill yourself
Go play some boring balanced symettrical bullshit.

It's supposed to be added later
We're only playing with version .7 or something

I actually rather play apothecary than any other class, frankly.

guess he never actually played it.

In 2 weeks it's gonna be version 1.0 and gonna have the same problems it has now dingus.

I'm trying to connect to a game, but between the loading and the constant failing to connect, it's near impossible.

Guess Im waiting until release to see if I can actually play this

i've been playing it, got to say i like the gameplay and all the details, but the optimization is pretty bad, and the loading screens are cancer, not paying much attention to the leveling system because i always get rekt, you cant play with bots and i never find people to play

Why do you have so many messages?

wat

Are you me?

You have to go back

Guess he trolls many threads

i-i can be your apothecary user

I pre-ordered for the Beta because I can just refund it if the launch goes bad, here's my input.

My verdict is that there's a really fun, if not great horde shooter, buried underneath the weight of bugs and unoptimization. I wouldn't buy the game on launch because it's very likely going to be a trainwreck; but I would abso-fucking-lutely grab it on the first post-launch sale when they've patched and optimized it, much like with EYE.

O-ok

Game seems pretty fun tbh.
But yes, probably gets boring extremely quickly.
Last I've checked it was 30 dollars, right?

L4D2 is dead, isn't it?
I tried replaying it around a year ago.

It's filled with super-uber-pros with over 2000 hours who think every L4D2 lobby is a pro-game tournament and insta-kick you after every small mistake.
All lobbies are also "minimum 200 hours".

wew lad
go back to >>>/pone/

Is this bait?

Is this bait?

Reminder that the devs said there will be no heavy flamer because muh balance.

How was EYE at launch? I played it years after its release and quite like it but I take it, it was equally buggy and shit like this game.

Source?
They seem to have fully finished the design.
I also think it would drive away a large portion of the userbase who was looking forward to the flamer.

Bullshit

Well, time to get off the thread then
If you didnt like E.Y.E you wont like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=IS1zS-Hk4fA&feature=youtu.be&t=1280

WEW
Also, he said "multiplayer".
I thought this game had co-op only?
Or does it now have "versus" mod?

And why not just reduce flamer damage instead of completely removing it?

Also, why does this game not have 3rd person at all?
It would have been really cool to look at a terminator marine rather than seeing half of a bolter all game, especially seeing him swing a thunder hammer.

There's a single player mode that seems to be the focus of everything.

You don't have any access to it from the BETA, but there is an option for in on the main menu that's greyed out.
stop being a such faggot.

I did not like EYE, but I like the gunplay of this gane.

wat

youtube.com/watch?v=irFJQEwqihQ

Seems like you need to get good

I guess

That's the single player? I had thought it was the MP map with bots. Looks utterly boring, the chatter of your teammates soulless and grating and the combat a clusterfuck of boredom.

okay

>go back to >>>/pone/
It's basically stormfront for toddlers, the crossover with WHfags in there is rather large.

There is next to no difference between the MP and the SP. For a game where the "focus" is supposedly on the SP it really seems lacking.

I at least expected your teammates to make occasional comments about the rooms instead of cycling through the same five irritating lines telling you what you already know.

WH40k is the only sci-fi setting I know (save for Starship Troopers, but there the ayys aren't really sapient so it doesn't count) where humanity aren't a band of leftist cucks that looks to the stars in the hopes of extra-terrestrial cultural enrichment and only ever fights the evil space-nazis

Wonder if it'll have the great atmosphere of the old one.

So you would prefer for them to disable features in MP so the SP can feel more like "the focus" or what?

I'd like the single player to be something more than multiplayer with irritating, braindead bots.

What do you expect them to add to a game about stomping around on a space ship shooting aliens? What do you want a dialogue system so we can talk about our fellow terminators feelings and who has a crush on the cute new chaplain? What the fuck do you honestly expect the differences to be?

Anime mod when?

Stop being a fucking fanboy and getting so defensive about the game.

Nigger I;m not the one who bought it. I want you to explain your reasoning or fuck off. Your post demonstrated your inability to already though.

Fatal error!

The silence is deafening

To anyone who has played the beta, can you compare the feeling of the melee to other games? Is it Oblivion bad? Skyrim bad? Chivalry bad-but-fine-I-guess?

Apothecary's fun as fuck, nigger, the self heal and area heal means you're hard as fuck to kill and you can wade into battle fucking shit up without a care in the world.

Chivalry-ish, it's got the same issue as Vermin tide, where the melee doesn't really feel like much of anything.

it's too quick, and not a lot of feedback visually.

Codemonkey what the fuck are you doing?

I'm OK with Chivalry melee. It was functional. Oblivion melee would be a dealbreaker.

Only problem I had was connecting to a game, and loading times. I haven't seen any bugs. Other then that it was pretty swell. I just like that we have a shooter that let's you be a grimderp Space Marine Terminator who can punch open doors, and not climb down ladders. Wait for the full release in two weeks. hopefully it will all be fixed by then

benis

Thanks for fixing the thread.

anytime, also is this game worth pre ordering?

No game is worth pre-ordering.

b-but it's 15% off

No game has ever been worth preordering.

Consensus seems to be wait for the launch to see if they actually fix the load times and crashes.

Don't do it, faggot.

I didn't have a problem with the melee it felt good punching xeno scum

It's six dollars. What would that get you? A happy meal?

I wonder if this game will get lots of DLC. I can already imagine Ork and Chaos levels being something they want to charge you for.

Which class is getting the heavy flamer? Why's it not in the beta?

but a 2000 pts army consisting of 10 marines would not sell very many models

If I liked to play EYE as a superfast melee hacker, would I like Deathwing?

You can play melee

Flamer removed for balance, hopefully they put it back in for full game.

I think they're gonna pull it off lads.

I see a lot of bashing over autocannon aiming being shit and general weapon aiming being shit, yet I'm not sure if the autocannon should be precise at all.
Another common negative point is that the random spawns are random only for basic genestealers, while grenade launcher guys and several higher tier genestealers are only spawned on fixed locations.
Crashes.
And flamethrower being removed due to issues.

I DONT FUKN FINK SO M80

Autocannon having shit aim is the only thing making it not dominate at everything in every fight, necessitates some squad variety to take out far away turrets and RPGs

But they mention bolters being pretty bad too.

Less than perfect, it had it's problems bugwise too; the enemy AI was especially weird, either hunting you down or just standing there. I'm quietly hopeful because:

On normal that's true but on champion they throw in a couple big guys the spit acid and turn invisible.

You wouldn't notice this before but know that its getting fixed its shining through.

Good enough to take out targets at any range I've found, though I guess them not being pin-point accurate tickles some lore-purist's autism

Honestly, EYE at launch was even buggier and less stable than SHDW currently is. I crashed a fuck of a lot more often in pre-patch EYE than I do in the SHDW beta.

Are you talking about the tabletop? Dealing damage is based on chance to a point. The Strength value of your weapon has to be higher than the Toughness value of your target. depending on the ratio that gives you your chance to hit. Then when you hit you have to roll wounds giving your target even more chance to survive.
tl;dr, yes it is based on chance but you can maximize your chance

Warhammer 40k cockgobblers are almost as bad as weebs when it comes to fanboying. You'll eat any turd served to you so long as it has W40k slapped on it.

Yeah, that's why you see so much praise for Eternal Crusade. Oh wait, no you don't.

Remember spore.

Wrong. Classic /tg/ people hate C.S. Goto and Matt Ward stuff for example.

I played it and enjoyed it, so I'll give the other side.

Other than the few bugs I encountered while playing the beta and the general lack of polish, the game was good.

It represents playing a terminator well, though I couldn't see the usefulness of the tactical marine other than on harder difficulties where enemies are more numerous and deadly.

Weapon variety is alright, the tactical overlay system is a bit strange to get used to, but overall they've nailed down the atmosphere perfectly for wandering through a giant ship, and the weapons feel good to use.

Melee isn't something I spent a lot of time with, but it felt wonky at times and nearly useless against the warrior when I fought one, but I'm not certain if that was due to me not knowing how to play the class well or just bad balance.

I'd buy it since it's cheap if you're a junkie for 40k lore, but without the lore and setting backing it, the gameplay probably wouldn't stand on its own.

About the game, where it quite obviously is not based on chance.

Holy shit. I have seen something incredible today.

public lobbies may be dead, i have no idea but its great fun with friends.

I wouldnt even be mad if thats where the 40k storyline is going if it is ever going anywhere again.

Fucking this
Expect terrible optimization and 4 minute load times, with stuttering every so often (especially with doors, but there is apparently a way to fix that).
But when it works the game is brilliant if you like these kind of games. Play easy mode and you will feel like a god, if you want a challenge up the difficulty with friendly fire on.
Getting into matches with a full team right from the getgo was difficult but people usually would load in 10-15 minutes into the mission so it wasn't that bad. Personally I like knowing what classes my team chose from the beginning of the mission but others likely couldn't care less.
Give the devs another month and this will be a great game, but as it stands the bugs and poor optimization stand out way more than it deserves as a day one purchase

Checking those quads.

How often is the beta being patched? Is there an update coming in once per day, or is it sort of a "collect info and patch it all at once on launch" sort of situation?

I hope you already know about Blood Axes and that they really are the Emperor's Greenest (as long he pays up).

Sadly wouldn't happen, for all of big E's might he's not the biggest player on the block
Gork and Mork are supposed to be the most powerful gods, but they enjoy the universe as it is since its perfect for the orkz

In some of the older fluff they stopped fighting once and sent the emperor into a state of catatonic pants shitting at just the thought that they might do something
IIRC at one point they also went into the warp and beat the shit out of the chaos gods for fun
But thats probably been deleted by now

Gattlign guns ARE Accurate user. Far more accurate than conventional machineguns.

Not gonna lie, this is making me very erect the more and more I hear about it. The only thing that can be up in the air is how shallow the randomized levels are going to be, becuase nothing can take me out of a game faster than the sudden realization that I have cleared this dark hub room more than 20 times in my hours and then noticing just how similar EVERYTHING looks.

I sincerely hope for a Genestealer mode further down the line so we can truly do an Aliens style game

This game dont have randomly generated maps.

Wouldn't your typical rotary cannon's precision (this is different from accuracy) derive from them being vehicle mounted with much stronger supports to keep them locked in place, whereas machine guns are typically much more lightly secured (even if vehicle mounted) and thus have lots of recoil reducing precision?

Now, to be sure, a Terminator's grip is pretty steady, but immune to recoil altegother? And in any case it's a decent balancing mechanism.

What are you doing.

Please respond.

Because the devs themselves said that's how it fucking works.

Sadly, it's true. Deathwing is so mediocre even Vermintide does shit better.

Nevermind, the beta is over so it doesn't matter now.

``boop``

An expansion with Black Legion and pre-Heresy autocannons would be nice.