Which one is your favourite, Holla Forums?

Which one is your favourite, Holla Forums?

whats with the retard rpg upgrades?

I liked it

What retarded RPG upgrades? You mean new moves that are unlocked over time? Those are fun for both of them.

First, that's a pretty common convention nowadays. Second, did you hate it when Mega Man gave you new skills?

I didn't like shovel knight too much.
It's essentially entirely designed for classic megaman fans.
I was always more of a MMX/MMZ/MMZX/MML fan so there wasn't much for me here, visually and gameplay wise.

It's well crafted for what it is but i'm just not the target audience.
Also i really don't like how the devs were initially like "WE'RE GONNA PUT IN TONS OF PLAYABLE CHARACTERS" and then they just did…one.

when it came to the health upgrades, armor upgrades and other gay shit, they were pretty gay.

getting special items by going to "secret" areas is a lot more fun than just raking up cash

Raking up cash is an overall reward. Getting upgrades early is your reward for tearing up a level and a boss without needing any of the checkpoints. It's not a system you like, but it's a well balanced one with risk and reward, as well as give and take.

It'd be nice to have the whole order playable but I just enjoy it as a good platformer.

They have one or two on the way, I think. Spectral knight is being worked on.

The other one will come soon. But yeah,they should have put all theothers like they said they would. Problem is, they modified some things to fit Plague knight gameplay style, so I guess they just didn't want to copy paste characters but actually do something good. I wonder what Spectre Knight story will be about.

Shovel Knight isn't bad if you download the (((gog))) installer like a smart man

Basically even as a non-fan, and as a non especially huge classic megaman fan, i'd say the game would be well worth the money if it had all the characters that were planned.
That's all it's missing to push me (and tons of other people) over the edge and getting it, i think.

Be glad they made a good game around one character and are slowly working on new ones and taking it slow and careful.

Better than than just slapping a recolor and half-assing it.

Plague Knight has the superior waifu

Mona is present in Shovel Knight's story too, although it's not the same. She's tied with Shield Knight, though

By the way, what's the difference between all the versions?
How's the PC, PS4, 3DS version?
Any major problems between them?

3DS is perfect, only problem being that maybe an analog isn't always the best for a platformer but whatever.

?
But there's a d-pad right there under it.
Doesn't it use the d-pad?

Yeah, the position is a little awkward but otherwise is good.

Yeah but being it a portable console if you use the dpad with a bit too much strenght you get a shaky screen.
Problem fixed by the analog but again, fuck that too

PC version is ok because you can use an actual NES controller with adapter. PS4+Vita version has Kratos boss fight and back touchscreen support, and that's about it. Xbone has ports of both Wookie Hole and Turbo Tunnel from Battletoads (with respective remixes, which I can upload here if you want) as well as a boss fight against Rash, AND you get to replay Turbo Tunnel at will (the biggest caveat is that it's only on Xbone). Wii U has Miiverse and amiibo. 3DS has both, plus Streetpass and 3D support.

>using the Circle Pad I assume that is what you mean by analog

I guess i can live with that.
I've played metroidvanias on 3DS and some high speed 2D games using exclusively the d-pad and it was fine.
It's the N3DSXL model if that makes any difference or the d-pad is any better or something.

That's some seriously nice looking shit, Spectre Knight especially.
I won't lie, I wish this could all have been out within a few months of release. I would much rather have it so that every character gets their own experience and level twists, but I'm just worried that the people who enjoyed the initial game aren't gonna experience this. That and I don't want devs looking to take this approach and monetising it.

Plague Knight's gameplay has more varied means to overcome obstacles and requires more strategy and critical thinking, but Shovel Knight has a certain pathological appeal that Plague Knight doesn't capture.