Win10 telemetry just got even worse

win10 telemetry just got even worse

Other urls found in this thread:

bitbucket.org/matthewlinton/ancile/
ghacks.net/2016/01/26/block-all-windows-10-components-on-windows-7-and-8/
translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.pl&sl=pl&tl=en&u=http://prawo.money.pl/kodeks/karny/czesc-szczegolna/rozdzial-xxxii-przestepstwa-przeciwko-porzadkowi-publicznemu/art-256&usg=ALkJrhg_hymr3DgijwSB2VU4H4gGJxqigQ
oo-software.com/en/shutup10
vndb.org/v20221
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Every Win7 user at this point has already deleted GMX and disabled updates.

Feels good man.

You get what you deserve. Even if you lack the autism for Linuxfaggotry you still shouldn't go out of your way to be facefucked by kikes.

User friendly GNU+ when?
I'm staying with win7 for now but sooner or latter I'm going to need a new OS and MS is not an option

Stallman is jewish.

the sad truth OP is that nobody cares… people will install it, they will be monitored, idiots will be caught with CP or pictures of swastikas and the prison system will get fatter and fatter.

1984 is real now.

I'm not a tech guy but I suppose that it's another way to spy on you right?

And Torvalds isn't.

Torvalds isn't the one who gets worshipped here.

Don't take memes too seriously, in fact don't take anything too seriously.

Here's a tool to remove telemetry/spy/gwx crap on your win 7/8

bitbucket.org/matthewlinton/ancile/

It's a fork of Aegis whose dev threw a shit fit about voat's moderation and stopped updating it, I don't know what happened though

ghacks.net/2016/01/26/block-all-windows-10-components-on-windows-7-and-8/

Possession of any number of swastikas is not prosecuted here yet. They would have to prove the connection to article 256 of penal code:
translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.pl&sl=pl&tl=en&u=http://prawo.money.pl/kodeks/karny/czesc-szczegolna/rozdzial-xxxii-przestepstwa-przeciwko-porzadkowi-publicznemu/art-256&usg=ALkJrhg_hymr3DgijwSB2VU4H4gGJxqigQ

How trustworthy is this? And how dumb am I for running it before researching about it? I would say pretty dumb.

Tbh, I really don't care if I'm being spied on.
I get how some people want their privacy, doesn't really matter.

I barely pirate mainly because there isn't anything good.

Cool, thanks.

I quickly skimmed through that projects voat-page and some of the code. Seems legit to my pleb-eyes.

it's just a collection of batch files that automate uninstalling KB updates, disables services and add addresses blacklist to your host file

its*

Also it was shilled on ghacks, that's why I posted the link. It's a website that's around for quite a while, it wouldn't bring some script the owner found in some dodgy forum to his readers. You can open all the files on notepad and skim through it. If you see anything you find fishy or don't understand you can use your friend google

I don't know man. The game made me happy like no game has made me in years so I guess it was worth it. I wonder how much of this stuff is relevant if you don't live in Burgeristan. At least Cortana and that shit can't be enabled even if you want in my part of the world.

Does anyone know if Microsoft sells personal data to third parties outside of the EU or US? I am doing a report about windows 10 and need to know this

Kill yourself.

jesus christ you're retarded.

there's an expectation of privacy no matter what you do. just because i don't do anything illegal doesn't mean i want you essentially walking through my house taking pictures without my permission. then there's also the fact the there's so many laws that just because you think you're doing nothing illegal doesn't mean you actually aren't. you can find out your driveway is actually too long which results in a fine + costs of having to get it re-done to be shorter

That just makes no fucking sense. If you're going to bitch at him at least use the "well if you don't care about being spied on or you say you don't have anything to hide, give me passwords to all of your email accounts, your social security number, etc." argument that is an actually important point in everyday life.

It does make sense because its in the same vein the type of ignorance. Nothing to say therefore I dont need freedom of speech. Got no gun so I dont need rights for guns. Nothing to hide therefore I dont need my right for privacy.

I wanna fuck that Lamia

What kind of delusional fuckwit are you?

I really don't know what people are complaining about. Nobody's forcing you to agree to the terms of use

You should read the chain of comments before posting angry replies. I was mocking the weeb poster.

Only responding you since you give a valid point. I wish their could be 100%
privacy with windows, but with how things are terrorists etc. its just going to be like that.
But since everyone knows about the spying most likely they disabled it on their computers, so overall it doesn't make sense for their to be a watchdog on it.

All for everything,
All for gun rights.
Nothing needs to be said for that
What are you hiding man.

I'm really tired anyway so my reading comprehension is gone. My bad.

Microsoft is literally breaking the law, you are only allowed to collect personal data if it is actually necessary for your product. I'd argue it's not in the case of Windows, considering they mainly do it to sell it to third parties.

Would it be possible to dual boot Win 10 with Win 7/Linux if/when Win 10 and DX12 get good games, but to also avoid all the spying and invasion by MS?

If you have W10 isntalled and use it you'll get spied on. There are some registry edits you can do that apparently disable some telemetry and obviously you should disable all the "get to know me " stuff on install.

why would any do that to their penis ?

So no way around it? Sucks. It seems unlikely with how bad games are at the moment, but hypothetically if a bunch of good games came out for Win 10/DX12, it would be nice to have a "clean" PC for that and then switch to your usual one.

Fug :D

Mental illness.
Sexual deviancy spiraling deeper and deeper like any other addiction.

Because you're an ignorant fucktard

This may be a dumb question but: how do I get a newer laptop without W10 installed on it? Seems like all the new ones have it baseline and apparently installing an older OS on a laptop is a big nono for some reason.

why would it be?

Some hardware issues apparently. Don't know shit about laptop, just parroting what I've read. Hence the question.

Only things stopping you from using an old OS with a new laptop are driver fuckery and Microsoft fuckery. A lot of laptops were originally sold with W7, so the company that makes the laptop will have W7 drivers on their site. Alternatively you could go directly to the part manufacturer's website and try there.
As for Microsoft fuckery they've announced that new processors will require W10. No idea what happens when you install W7 on them but I don't think those processors are out yet anyway, so it isn't that big a deal yet.
At worst, if you're adamant on not using W10 and earlier versions won't work you could try a Linux distro. Apparently Windows Server is nice too

uefi and restricted bioes, all that fancy crap. Just keep your receipt in your pocket and refund the laptop if you can't install another os on top

Take a chill pill and enjoy some bean pizza. ;^)

It's tied up close to the base, and around the balls. Laptops aren't that heavy, and a lot of the weight is put on the skin around the genitals, rather than on the genitals themselves.

Now, if he had it tied just below the head of his penis, or hanging from a cock-ring, that might hurt a bit.

Also, I'd say this looks like some kind of form of advanced African Tech Support, but I don't see the ceremonial head-dress or the bundle of herbs dripped in chicken blood to splatter on the screen in hopes of driving out the Michelangelo virus.

The U.S. could have squashed ISIS right then and there but they keep it around as a boogeyman for people like you.

Wow thanks.

Hello Pedro

i'm pretty sure it's one of those nigerian email scammers who were fooled into doing that in exchange for the promise of money.

I don't think that's true (certainly not in burgerland).

It's like going to a gay bar and complaining about being hit on by guys. Anybody who runs Windows 10 knows exactly what they're getting into. It's time to either lube up your asshole or leave the fetid microsoft ecosystem for good.

Use multiple eSATA HDs for different OSs. Only connect the private or pozzed OS HD, never both.

NSA PLZ GO AWAY

At least Assange spilled the beans for moral reasons. Snowden was just a good goy who went bad as soon as a foreign nation offered him more shekels. For fuck's sake, he didn't even give all of the info he had because the shekels were not enough.

If you don't care about privacy then you should send me your contact info. Use this email address I linked to send it. List your real name, address, important identifying numbers like social security, credit card information, and other online handles. If you have nothing to hide, then you don't own your information.

That's the simple truth in actuality. Old political science and philosophers had concluded long ago that privacy is as essential to private ownership that they are inseparable. So you must view privacy like you do your property. Therefore if you truly value your privacy you won't take my offer because it is your property. But if you don't, you should have no problems giving it away. After all you aren't doing anything wrong, right? That's how they try to fool you. They claim it's a test of innocence and guilt. They heavily imply that the private and secretive are the ones with guilt and the virtuous innocent should freely broadcast their private information to ironically a select few businesses, agencies, and so on - apparently we must trust them. It's complete bullshit.

One last thing. In the game of who's compliant with privacy "laws" and not, the general idea is, the rules can and will always change. If you live in a society that decided to enact these laws, it is a one-way trip to a dystopia and getting there will be an ugly upset. One day it's only "extreme" things they're looking for. Then it's things you didn't think were extreme but compliantly believe are because you think only extremists and criminals get put in jail. Then more are jailed for newly defined "extreme" things. More and more are jailed until you realize they're jailing people for things that long ago would be so mild and unthreatening that you can't believe it. And by then it's too late.

That's ad hominem.

What's wrong with that? A third party provides unbiased analysis and they actually are specialized into it, unlike Microsoft.

I'm not saying his info was wrong, where the fuck did you get that from? What i'm saying is that he was just a good goy who got too big for his britches. He gets a movie based on him, Assange gets a bullet to the back of his head. Who do you think did the most damage and stuck to his morals to the end?

Win10 was great at first. It booted and ran much faster than Win7 on my main machine. I just used a couple of programs to block the spyware.

Then the anniversary update happened and undid all my changes and broke the system. It would even lock up while booting sometimes. I really don't know how people continued to use it after that clusterfuck.

Now I have Win7 on my gaming machine and Ubuntu MATE on my other PCs.

please kill yourself

Pedro si seras pendejo

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

From opensuse.org:
New and experienced Linux users get the most usable Linux distribution and stabilized operating system with openSUSE’s regular release.

It's a Linucks m8

hownew.ru

I don't use Windows 10, why should I care? And anyone who was stupid enough to install it deserves everything they get.

You deserve it. Windows 10 gets a 30% performance boost when you delete the operating system’s ability to connect to Microsoft’s servers.

No, seriously. Kill yourself. Not a joke.

GNU is shit. There's a reason why so many actually talented people are working so hard on alternatives to all of that crap. Fuck gcc. If your software doesn't compile against musl using clang+llvm, you fucked up and need to fix your shit.

How can one man be this autistic.

How do you post on here if you aren't on the Internet?

Still a botnet

Holy shit. You all deserve exactly what you get if you use Windows to browse the web. Install anti-spying software and then just use it for games and casual browsing. I have a Hackintosh for all my tax information and the like. I'm not nearly stupid enough to do that shit on Windows.

6/10 made me reply go back to 4chan

I can't tell if they have a sense of humor or are just that evil and don't care who knows it.

Dedicated port and IP range blocks on separate, untouchable (by the software) hardware.

I only use Windows for gaming, and i had to get W10 to play Killer Instinct

Killer Instinct latest patch on W10 requires you to forcefully update to the last Windows version to play online

The new update on windows disables the ability to opt out of certain update components now its all or nothing. Also you cannot disable Cortana which collects data in the background.

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP IRON GALAXY

I have a hard drive with Xubuntu Core installed and customized, shit's fucking sweet, i'm glad i only boot to windows to play a handful of games.

At this point I consider booting into my Windows drive like turning on a console. It's for games and nothing else.

ay papi

holy shit this is hilarious, how the fuck did they get two japanese voice actors

>taking the windong this fucking far up your poop shoot

I'm sad now.

Impressive.

at least you tried

yeah user you sure know what you are talking about

gnumale detected

Use this: oo-software.com/en/shutup10

And make sure to always check for updates on the website

underrated post

What? It is doing what's supposed to do. It might look like it hanged at the uninstalling updates part but it didn't. The issue here is that they can't be uninstalled by bulk only one by one so it takes a while depending on how many blacklisted updates you have installed. Maybe you'll feel more comfortable using other blocking software but I prefer Ancile since it's open source and I can see exactly what it's doing

The processor thing is a bit overblown. I can't imagine them adding some kind of DRM on them to only run Windows 10. We're talking regular x86 / x64 architecture here.

The big problem is drivers for the devices. I recently had to help a client get rid of Windows 10 on his new laptop (wanted to install linux on it). The wireless card (an Atheros) was so shit that the linux drivers could barely get it running for a few minutes, so we threw that shit and got an intel card instead. Thankfully the laptop wasn't hard to open.
Checking the Atheros drivers, for Windows there's only a W10 driver - so using 7 or 8 wouldn't have been effective either.

This is real, lol
vndb.org/v20221
(The writer is actually Japanese.)

Apparently there's 3 episodes in JP but only the first was translated so far.

It's my own fault, but it still hurts anons.

Hey there Pedro. How's Pablo?

Did you accept the license agreement already? If you refuse to agree when it goes on 'setting up your new windows' mode it'll revert. You'll still have to delete all the crap files it left, however.

It's like you faggots hate yourselves.

When Jewgle merges Android and ChromeOS next year. I'm sure someone will fork it to remove all the telemetry bullshit though.

Closest you can get right now though is probably anything debian-based running Plasma.

shoo shoo binary goblin

Best $3 i ve spent this year

I've been running it for like 1-2 hours now and it's stuck, or it's just taking a hella long time? How long did it take for you?

these scripts should take like 1 -2 minutes user, RIP your PC

your Windows installation is aware of the cleansing and trying to fight it

check your task manager as an admin to see if it's doing something and if it's hung up just kill it and start it again

Did I imply anything? I just said you were a macfag retard who can't handle the basics of computer security, and thinks that macs are immune from any and all viruses. Which based on your previous statements, is true. I suspect you'd be better off sticking to your cute fanart on your tumblr blog instead of posting here, where the scary people live.

The updates can take a long time depending on the number of shit that was installed thanks to Windows update, and the general crap quality of WU itself - it can sometimes take hours to get one update through because the WU database is damaged or something.

If it stays there too long, just stop it, reboot and head to windows update. Make it check for updates (not install, just check). If it never finishes, clean the WU cache (google it, it's jut a folder to delete) and make it check for updates again.
Once it finally says 'X updates are available', run Ancile.

Oh, and heads up - making WU check for updates after a cache deletion will make said check quite long. Just bear with it.

There are programs to disable it.

fags

Thanks, I rebooted and I'm checking for updates right now and then I will try to run it again.

wew

Just choose 1

Disabling Windows Update in W10 removes your ability to play online any W10 games you purchase through their store

T.Windows 10 victim

It takes 10 minutes.
If you'd rather windows spy on everything that you do and watch everything that you browse and sell your data to everyone then sure, go ahead.
Post your credit card info, phone number, address and name here then :^)
If microsoft gets them for free, why shouldn't everybody?

kaspersky os could be good but will have to wait to see

Yeah thats the issue i have warned people i know about this version but they say

Nice

Depends on your update
If you're careful you can have it without botnet

calm your autism, i never said use windows for everything.

It's better if you learn how to configure your WINE profile to fit most if not all game requirements that are mostly missing libraries problems. Instead of creating a lot of 300mb folders for each game

I find playonlinux much, much easier.
Sure, it takes 10 or 20 minutes for each game or set of games but it's literally just
That's it.

I know about winetricks dlls but I prefer to have all games on playonlinux with shortcuts so that 20 or 100 games are a mere 2 clicks away.

Aww, that’s cute. You think America is in control of itself.

You're retarded.
This chan is supposed to be 100+ IQ.
Lurkers google "greater israel plan".
You, kill yourself - immediately.
Here's pic on how to do it.

Why can't Microsoft care only about money? Why do they purposely sell bad products just to play evil?
Short term they get some CIA bucks, but that's hardly worth having 0 users in the future.

Doesn't matter, Microsoft's bankroll is from their server licenses which are sold at a scam-like level. Want more than 1 users on your system? Pay the fuck up on a per user level, goy.

K.
So leave.
Which instantly disproves your initial claim, dipshit.

They probably took the example from Google, saw how people didn't care about them collecting and selling all their data, or pushing their users around with retarded policies and mediocre OS that focuses more on spying it's user than it does trying to get shit working, and decided to join into the feast before someone else does.

People has to open their legs for google one way or another, and this is the approach Microsoft decided to take with Windows.
The fact they are in bed with agencies all over the world for benefits like tax exemptions and other profits is well known, and they know anyone who cared is well beyond their reach.

If you downgraded to Windows 10 you deserve to be spied on for being a gullible idiot.

my nigger. This shit's amazing.

Don't have enough reaction images

Is that a macos style finder knockoff? With a taskbar? If so, you had me at hello.

Isn't that like spionage?
Isn't that like ilegal?

Yes, actually. I wonder what the fuck medical clinics are doing about Windows 10 since HIPAA means they have to be really strict about making sure patient records are confidential.

That might be a good test of whether the enterprise versions of Win10 actually let you turn off the telemetry spying, come to think of it.

oh you lincucks

It's depressing but also comfy, like a post-apocalypse.

Not quite, but you can customize your panel to do exactly that with some minor fuckery.

>>>Holla Forums

Has there been a successor to the Aegis telemetry remover tool yet, since it's discontinuation on the place it was hosted?

From what I've heard from people who've worked for the company, I'd attribute it to a hyperinflated corporate structure where the big decisions are made by the people most disconnected from the end user, and it's been that way for years and only getting worse over time. And there's no way to get a message of "people are going to hate this particular change" up the chain. They've been afflicted by that peculiar philosophy that is so focused on positivity that there's no way for them to truly cut down and revise a product internally, only continuing to stack shit on top.

Probably back to pen and paper

"Pedro" here
I restarted the program on somewhere around 13 hours
Its currently 20:00+
Nice "hang up".

user, read the thread - we were just discussing that very same successor you speak of - it's called Ancile.

You deserve this.

O-oh. You beat me to it.

sorry