FF XIV: Comfy Gathering Edition

Comfy Gathering Screenshot Edition

3.45 is out! 3.5 on the horizon.
>i255 weapons from deep dungeon! it's still a mistake
>edda confirmed for best waifu she will never let you go
ffxiv-freetrial.com/na/
come join us and be weebshit while hating on potatoes and ogling slutty c@'s and eczema demons protecting pure hyur maidens

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/EB9TBKC
docs.google.com/document/d/1ZU7ptJOZzTv7BrN7gCen_xledMd-_LJYcMY6lfcSQN0/edit
cdkeys.com/pc/games/final-fantasy-xiv-14-online-pc-steam-cd-key
pride-kun.tumblr.com/tagged/my_art
imgur.com/a/zkoNb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

knight cats!

well done OP.

khloe confirmed for best daughteru

Fuck umbrite.

>Inb4 Zhoe Aliope is even tiny with big watery eyes and twin drills

Where my /femroe/ bros at?

Cunts.

Oppai Xaela for life niggs.

I'm still here

still here, being awesome.

Character creation thread boys!

POST EM

Wow amazing

cute hair. nice proportion. 8/10, would lovingly caress the scales of

I got something natural she can appreciate

I didn't know used goods were a thing in suqadrons.

So then there must be a pool of premade squadron members. Up until this point I just kinda assumed they were randomly generated on the spot

Nah i've also gotten the same potato in a snowman outfit twice.

I hate the weekend.

What?

confirmed first week of playing and levelled up via deep dungeon, how embarrassing.

I have yet to run into a SMN that beats a Bard

Where the fuck are you that bards are beating SMNs?

Right now in Aetherchemical Research farming lore.

you're running with some shitty smns dawg.

I have yet to find better SMNs bruh

The SMN in my static does top tier DPS without a NIN. Roughly 2k in A9S, 1700 in A10S. I don't know what to tell you dude.

lucky faggot you found a member of the 1%

nigga what? SMN's have top tier AoE damage and pretty good single targe damage as well. there is nothing that really compares aside from fucking SCH which is the same fucking class.

Wedding about to happen

Fucking WHY do people do this

oh boy.

my screenshot finger is burning. sadly i got some of the dialogue box in this. anyone skilled in photo wizardry to take it out?

not good with photo wizardry but for the future scroll lock lets you hide the HUD, its the button right to the print screen button.

oh ive known how to hide it for a while (i use control X), i just thought i grabbed this screen at the right time and didnt notice it until now.

just use your book in the inn?

I'm guessing its because muh viera race even though one of the devs literally said its just a miqote with bunny ears instead and wasnt planning to develop further on it

It was between two potatoes.

i know it's over done, but it still makes pic related

Jesus those pictures are so cancerous. Fucking potatoes and shit tier catfags and BDSM roleplayers

hot damn i keep forgetting about that. thanks user!

Finally hit 45 on PLD, just a few hunting log entries, one more class quest and the unique zenith relic quests and i am done with all ARR content.

I just want this over, its my last 60 and i fucking hate PLD so much!

why live?

Get out of here, faggot.
We're not falling for your fag bait.
We see what you're trying to do.

Electroshock therapy is the only solution.

Alisae is a precious treasure you pleb.

Dem trips don't lie.

Back to your dragon age games user.

I want to be able to make her as my avatar.

hitler trips confirm
all wood kikes need to die

I find the lack of Yanmama fuel in XIV disturbing.

I loved my roe, but I haven't been one in a very long time now
way too much clipping with all the robes

Oh god no
fuck the fluffy bastard

Its not fair!

Hope the graphical improvements in Stormblood fix that.

Butt and tigh thickness sliders are all i want!

check'd.

don't psych yourself out user. mt grabs the king and one tank add when he spawns. other tank add can just roam free. dps all the moogles equally so that no one moogles dies while the rest have a lot of life. the mechanic is that the king will become invincible and then use his health to revive the other moogles as soon as one of them dies. so you want to try to get as many of the moogles as long as possible before killing one. doing this twice will force the king into his "final attack" casting animation. then you burn the remaining moogles and then the king. collect ribbon and profit.

Bro thats expected, think about an Au Ra with a bubble butt and thigh high skindentation.

If these trips don't deliver you're dead to me user.

So I'm in Gridania, about level 14 now. When can I take up a Trade? And what trade isn't a waste of time?

pretty good. Would cook breakfast for.

short girls with thick thighs are my fetish, bubble butts are a plus too

Now imagine an au ra with elin legsā€¦

STOP user MY PANTS CANT HANDLE THIS THEY'RE GONNA TEAR

should be able to get other classes unlocked after your level 15 quest user.

thanks user. I was referring to stuff like Carpenter/Botanist/Fisherman/etc though. When can I pick up one of those? or am I missing something and those are considered classes too?

botanist is good for carpenter and things like cotton thats always in demand.

Those are also considered classes. They each have their respective masters and buildings to find, same with the crafting classes.

Hm so I could grow some cotton and get money basically? Does carpenter pay well? Or should I do Leatherwork and just make my own armor n shit instead of buying it?

huh interesting

There's a pre-made pool, then there's also 'rare adventurers' like the slut cat, snowman potato, the slutglammed femroe arcanist using dragoon gear, etc, who never change their gear regardless of their level unlike the other recruits.

syndicate? And Alchemy looks pretty neat actually. A Bit torn between that and fisher for my first Class though; fishing looks pretty comfy;

The general consensus is that fishing is super comfy, but the later levels become super autistic. Something along the lines of "Wait for the right in-game time of day, and wait for the weather to go from rain to snow in that order, than you might have a chance to catch the target fish"

oh i see. That sounds like a bit much. But it's not like I gotta max it out to give another class a try, right?

fishing is the most comfy

fishing is the autists gathering skill of FF14. not to say it's bad, it can actually be quite lucrative. it just requires a level of patience that is not unlike RL fishing. only without the glory and monetary recompense of standing next to a 100 pound bass or some shit.

as for the other crafts, it's not a bad idea to get all of them up to 15 at least. each crafting class has a skill at 15 (and again at 37 and 50) that can be used in any craft. i.e. level 37 Culinarian (can acquire the class in Limsa) gives you the Steady Hand II skill, which increases the success rate of all actions performed for 5 turns by 30%. level 15 Armorer gives you Hasty Touch, which is a 50% chance to increase quality for no CP cost. combine the 2 skills and you get the basis for how HQ stuff is made in game.

this game actively encourages dabbling in a wide variety of things, so dip your toes into a lot of stuff. the only hard and fast rule is to try and get your first combat class to 60 sooner rather than later for the XP bonus it'll give your other classes, and that's not really a "hard and fast" thing so much as it is a strong suggestion. just do what you have fun with user.

those dub dubs don't lie.

nope, you can get FSH to level 1 and then never touch it again. you can also feasibly level FSH (or any crafting/gathering class) to 60 without actually doing anything on that class, but it'll take a long ass time and the help of another crafter or gatherer.

I may jizz.

Because people were talking about it

Squadron recruits:
imgur.com/EB9TBKC

Squadron guide:
docs.google.com/document/d/1ZU7ptJOZzTv7BrN7gCen_xledMd-_LJYcMY6lfcSQN0/edit

Now go make your armies of amazon warriors

Just started getting into guildhests. These are pretty fun. The leves are lame so far though.

What's the Holla Forums guild's name? And how can I join it? Or do I give whoever my character's name and get invited?

Sounds like it.

I see. Thanks user!

It's New Wheels Order on Exodus. Put in an application.

got it, thanks.

We can go thicker.

What does it mean if they are marked Unique?

They'll have a unique armor/gear set compared to their peers that should stick around as they level.

I want someone to buy me this game alongside one year subscription.

Simple enough. Here's how you do this:
1. Become a trap, as we all know you aren't a girl.
2. Cruise for lonely old men who are well off enough to be your sugar daddy.
3. Get filled with Old Man cum.
4. Ask your new Daddy for this game.
5. ???
6. Hopefully the old fart will die off soon enough that you can retire with his savings, become a no-lifer to play the game constantly, and your hole might eventually tighten back up from all the poundings you've taken.

So what do you guys listen to in the background while you grind?

I was listening to Faun and Wardruna while fishing in Coerthas last night. It was pretty nice

super best friendcast. Pat pointing out Liam is wrong and has shit taste each week fills me with joy.

You just said the magic word

Why are Raen so fucking gay?

nude mods where

REMINDER LALAFELLS ARE SUBSPECIES FILTH
LITERAL POTATO NIGGERS

Reminder that Sophia did nothing wrong.

Help.

Which server?

Also Au Ra best race, all others are pleb tier

Guy who made it is called naughtyWVR, you can get it off his twitter for a price or ask someone you know with it

I remember bullying a really bad tank in keeper like that back when it was on ex

Holla Forums guild is on Exodus, otherwise, look for populated servers that aren't RP focused, because that's degenerate

What's a good level 50 crafting setup for guaranteeing HQ items?

gear or skill-wise?

Skill-wise. And I guess gear too.

My nigga. Shame he wasn't one this week while Liam was shilling SMT X FE.
Also good to listen to is Sleepycast.

Friendly reminder FF14 is as bad as, if not worse than, WoW in terms of jew tricks

well for gear, just upgrade to the best of your level really.

for skills, it's a good idea to get CUL to 37, 50 if you want extra help in saving ingredients on a fail, ARM at least to 15, and then 50 CRP, 50 ALC and 50 GSM. the other skills from the other crafts are nice, and they can be useful, but not as impactful as what you get from the above.

mcat

(Jew)

What are some cute clothes for a femroe?

burqah and shit robes

user

it is allala's will. enjoy a taste of the ultimate peaceful culture!

The Mist is fucking gorgeous. I hate that I have to wait until level 50 to get a house.

What's some good comfy-listening while I fish?

Allah can suck a fat dick.

I'll keep that in mind.

Embed related

i gochu fam

kill me.

nude mods here
>tfw this is only making my sub healslut fetish worse

come on boy.

reminder to remove elezen

How get without paying shekels? Help us out user?

FUCK.

Sure got /vg/ in here

No trannys begging for gametime and avatarfagging yet.

How do I build my own goddamn chair? I have the level for it but the little button I'm supposed to be able to click isn't there to click.

make sure you have everything selected, sometimes if you have a HQ materials you need to select how many HQ you wnna use even if you dont have any NQ.

Gametime pls
pic related

Do you think we will get to side with Garlien sympathizers during stormblood?

I would love to, since the garleans are the good guys, but Yoshi is dead set on using them as cartoon villains. They show up, twirl their mustaches, and leave.

Yes, I'm sure Squeenix will give us a choice that actually matters. Absolutely.

RIP.

She was so young.

Don't forget the most important part of fishing. This is highly critical for you to succeed as a fisherman and to not catch striped gobies for the rest of your life.
Find a lucky minion and always have it with you when fishing.

ratto

=Don't fall for traps ratto!==

why the fuck would you play this when xv is coming out

ribbut

BUTTON NOT THERE HOW PUSH BUTTON

push harder

I just want to make a shitty fucking chair to put in my empty ass house so I don't feel so bad about my life anymore.

user, Iā€¦

Fuck everything.

It's not in the regular recipes. I was told there's supposed to be a furniture tab or some shit.

My legs are so tired.

Someone was posting a sale for the physical disc that had ARR and Heavensward for 30$ a few threads back. Here it is still up on cdkeys for 26$ Canadian which is like 7US now I think, my country is fucked.

cdkeys.com/pc/games/final-fantasy-xiv-14-online-pc-steam-cd-key

My sides are in orbit.

BUT THEY'RE NOT THERE, FRIEND ANONYMOUS.

Do you even have your crafting classes unlocked newfriend?

How would I even look at that screen without having the class unlocked?

Because not all classes make the same furniture at the same level. You can open the crafting log without learning to make chairs. You need to level that shit to around 30 or so before you can start making furniture.

Discovered the joy of the Golden Saucer last night, spent an easy 2~3 hours in it. Vase Off confirmed for worst GATE.

Thanks user, i'm digging this.

what minions are lucky and how much gil/MGP am I gonna have to shell out? I've got my fishing up to level 13 now. The only minion I have is the Wind-Up Airship from MSQ. I've been catching some cruddy fish no matter where I go. I've seen the message "You can tell there's fish down below but not sure where" a couple of times. I'm guessing my Perception isn't high enough? Or just my level?

Google is a purveyor of lies.

Nah fam, I need the Steam version because I'm a dummy. I went and bought the collector's edition of HW for PC, not at all realizing that it was different than the Steam version. I called their service line repeatedly, and they knew it was a widespread issue and still did nothing about it. I'd actually be down to just trade my key for a Steam special edition key to save myself some hassle.

just wait for skinchange user. although those two are definitely the worst of the worst. the other three are much more fun.

google is compromised fam. time to swap to pretty much any other search engine, as long as it doesn't piggyback off of google in any way.

What is in your own opinions the best team composition for getting through dungeons as quickly as possible?

WAR
AST
DRG
MCH

No you don't just add heavansward to your account by giving square's website your CD key. Then launch from steam and log into your account it will patch up to heavansward and everything will work. I did the exact same thing I bought the steam version then bought a key from greenman then added that key through Square's website. I just finished a session playing through steam.

war/ast/smn/blm or smn/smn or blm/brd or brd/smn.

whm can be subbed for ast if they know what they are doing. ast can be hit or miss; if the cards are good, the clear will be fast. if the ast is pulling nothing but spires and ewers the whole run, then they're basically dead weight compared to a competent whm.

it makes fantasizing about being the team bitch much easier when you run through the deep dungeon stark nude with only a lancer stripper pole to keep you company.

well, I have my theories about it, primarily that the shekel scheme is a big load of crap. You get a "serial key" to use with it but I don't think it's restricted to any account. Theoretically if I sent the whole .zip for it with the key, anyone could use it. The problem is, I don't know if he can disable keys or not, so I'm a bit hesitant to just throw it out here.

DRK has much more consistent AoE, honestly. If you can get big pulls then just hit Blood Price while dropping Grit and spamming Abyssal Drain you're way better off than Overpowers and a couple Steel Cyclones/Decimates.

On smaller pulls, WAR might do better though, with a bit more focused damage. DRG/MCH has better synergy in single targets for the same reason, because the DRG can't be sitting there putting the piercing res down on 20 enemies at once.

The casters are probably better, or a caster and a bard, although DRG and NIN have decent AoE themselves and MCH and BRD can compete as well, it maybe depends on what kinds of defenses enemies have

I main SMN and can usually keep up with DRG and NIN during the burst portions of my DPS rotations on single targets. While my mob rotation for dungeons has mobs not living for too long. I keep breaking DPS records too, I hit 6k on a large pull the other day. Was awesome.

Question is what makes the biggest difference, clearing trash quickly or clearing bosses quickly?

this guy gets it.

take the two expert dungeons right now. both have "gating" mechanisms, but xelphatol allows for much larger pulls than most of GGL hard. add in the vuln debuff you can put early on in xel, and drk wins out as the tank there, ideally with (imo) smn and blm to just blanket the entire enemy group in aoe. ast would be ideal, since gravity doesn't put the ast in danger or break the mana gain on blood price, whereas a war would work better with a whm, since that would mean more deliverance/decimate while the mobs are stunned from holy.

on the other hand, GGL hard caps out at 6 mobs on the first pull and i think 7 or 8 on the second pull, all of which die pretty quickly as it is. you don't get much higher on the pull numbers than that, so war would be a bit better served than drk, especially given the number of casted skills used.

so big pulls is favored towards drk, while war does decently in comparison. on the other hand, for single target, a war will outperform a drk simply because the gain from tanking in decimate vs. not using grit is far greater. war gets more much more out of deliverance, and if you're at the 9 GCD-per-berserk breakpoint and can consistently get 3x FC while under berserk, war absolutely pukes all over the single target dmg of the other tanks.

personally, i favor war, cause i've been a marauder since 1.0, and a warrior in 11 before that. axes are in my blood so to speak. but i have all three tanks at 60 with 2 out of 3 tank mounts (war and drk) and, in most cases, you won't see any measureable difference between the two. at the bleeding edge of min/maxing youll find more contrast, and if you run with a dedicated group focused on speed you may want to alter what tank you run as based on the goals of the dungeon (sohr kai very heavily favors war due to all the gating between pulls compared to xelphatol for example).

but ultimately, the one thing to remember is that compared to war and drk, pld a shit.

Remove race mixers
Remove C@'s
Remove blade ears
Praise the potato

Your overlays are cancer and so are you

XV multiplayer will kill this game.

I don't have a smug enough cat girl for this. Someone help me out here.

They're parsing in a fucking 4 man, not even Savage.

Daily reminder that the Garlien Empire has done more for that 3rd world country than some sand nigger's primal.

You came to the right user.

more please

what's more fun, bard, monk, or machinist?

define fun

Fuck, does monk just hit like garbage pre 50 or am I just fucking my skills up?

Monk has the highest single target DPS(second to black mage, but that's ONLY if that black mage never has to move, ever).

mnk scales with gear in a way that the other dps classes don't. a good mnk blows every other dps out of the water, but the skill ceiling is stupid high, because not only do you need to know your skills and the rotation for using them, but you need to know the fight so you can know when to drop GL stacks and when to use Perfect Balance and other OGCD skills for optimal performance. but if you learn all that shit, mnk absolutely destroys on single targets.

yoshi pls

Thanks for the insight. I main a loldrg so not seeing me burst things to death was worrying me.

Since you asked nicely.

Thank you kindly user. These pictures are great.
My miqo'te folder isn't nearly big enough

can I get a qt mooncat looking tired and holding up a cup of coffee while sunlight streams in through a background window

GOD DAMMIT
GOD DAMMIT THEY GOT ME

it's ok user, soon as my paycheck comes in they'll be getting me too

I mean, I've got some other psychoses covered.

I didn't draw these, so no. You can pay the artist I paid if you want. pride-kun.tumblr.com/tagged/my_art

Who could say no to a wind up Lulu?!?

no brother o mine, that's for sure.

30 of my shekels say no.

How much of the non guro stuff you got?

Where are the sexy stabbings?

jesus christ SE it's like you don't even want my money.

Good goy.

(1)
waste of trips. begone with ye kike. we all know you're just jealous the nips are getting our shekels instead of you.

Mike pls go.

nigga i played 1.0 for free for almost 6 months before i quite. i figure for the work yoshi p and his team have done on the game since they took over, tossing them an extra 30 bucks this one time is fair.

30 dollars is a small price to pay for that.

Vase Off is indeed the worst fucking GATE

If you go to Aleport, there should be one or two minions there as rewards for quests. The couerl kitten and the wolf pup, the pup being in the pic. And the "You can tell there's fish down below but not sure where" message means that's a special fishing hole and you need one of the Gulleye traits to fish there
minions dont actually affect anything mechanicwise in-game, im just a superstitious old fisherman

You pay them $10-$15 a month as support already you fucking cuck. Holy shit no wonder so many of these mmos start being complete jews with morons like you around.

A bit. imgur.com/a/zkoNb

Keep scrolling, you'll find guro eventually.

Thanks for the dump user.

it's always fucking nins.

I just wanted 250 gear.

you pull it you tank it motherfucker. ive had to let more blm's eat shit because of this crap that ive lost count.

I wasn't even mad until the DK that jumped the gun and forced me to OT when the PLD is clearly better for being MT, and then started sassing me about how I don't know what I'm doing when I had cooldowns.

I didn't even get any loot for that fucking headache.

i think honestly people just shit on PLD every chance they get now. they're a perfectly functional tank, they just don't have the definition that WAR or DRK has right now. although i will say sophex is pretty much tailor made to be awesome with PLD. tempered will lets you ignore like 3 major mechanics, sheltron gives you reliable 20-30% dmg reduction on the tank buster, and cover let's you absorb the buster and it's debuff without having to fiddle with a tank swap.

more fights like sophex would be great for PLD, stuff where it can showcase it's utility without completely outclassing the other two tanks.

I steal aggro away from DKs using Sword Oath so I can only assume either PLD is completely viable or I'm just running into every shitty DK on this game.

muh dik

my guess is you've got DRK's who just can't into DA+PS. a single DA+PS at the beginning of the fight and aggro is your bitch from there on out as long as you're not stupid or stupidly undergeared compared to the rest of your group.

mah nigga. that or the hairpins are my go-to facial accessory. the intellectual tank, or the lady-tank. those are the only two options.

If it's a choice between PLD & DRK for MT, it should be DRK because it's the smallest potential potency lost due to Low Blow reset procs and reprisal vs shield swipe which doesnt reset

Is it just me, or does their seem to be common trend amongst us that whenever any of us do any sort of instance, and we're stuck with shitters who refuse to learn or take advice, the rest of the party just hates you for "freaking out" etc.? Been kicked from multiple partys for nothing more than calmly trying to help people, most annoying shit.

It's almost like you don't want to be the best, and that's a real shame

only low blow resets user. reprisal just procs off of parry. it has a 30s CD regardless of any other stat. low blow also only has 100 potency, and is a chance of a chance to occur (30% chance per parry, which even with DD up isn't guaranteed to occur with regularity).

now, i guess the DRK could stack parry, but if he's going to do that he may as well stack piety for all the good it's doing. parry is a shit stat. SE really needs to look into making parry something more than a joke stat

basically, the difference, if any exists, is so negligible, that you're talking maybe 5-10 dps over the course of a boss fight under optimal conditions.

ive had those moments, but no kicks, not yet at least. ive taken a few 30 minute lockouts because of idiots who just refuse to be anything but a lump of meat in front of a computer screen, but ive also had times where ive been like "hey man, you mind if i give you a few tips?" and the response was actually quite positive. case in point:

honestly, given that most people here seem to be on the balmung/exodus server group, i have to think that's part of the problem. on levi, which is primal group, it's not bad. in fact, it's more good than bad by a large margin. i have maybe 3-4 rage stories compared to more positive learning experiences than i can count

i'd only buy it if you get rikku's clothes

Still though, you have superb taste.

Come on man

I assumed a tank was new to their class as they used Provoke whenever it was up. I told them they didn't have to do that and their BLM friend started how "it's only Garuda hard, let them tank how they want." The tank chimed in "ummm yeah, I'm not new to tanking so please don't tell me how to tank o7"
I don't know where these passive aggressive pissbabies came from but this shit needs to stop.

I get the urge to vote dismiss simply for seeing that shit.

Here's the best part
They were a cat boy Link cosplayer
I screencapped that shit in case they wanted to report me for some reason. I always screencap arguments so they cant accuse me of shit.

Ayy got through my first primal. Shit was awesome. Kinda retarded there wasn't any loot though.

I just want a fire weapon or fire-themed armor, squeenix plz

yeah I fucking hate Vase Off. I haven't had any trouble with that copy-cat imp one though.

Ah so that's what that message means. And thanks, i'll hit up Aleport for that soon then.
oh. I'm almost a little disappointed, but relieved at the same time.

The primal weapons will come when you do the hard mode trial for most, and for some the Extreme trial drops the weapon

sweet. what level is hard mode?

Hard mode and EX trials for the A Realm Reborn primals is level 50. Your Ironworks i120 gear will help significantly, but the hard primals are a cakewalk. the EX versions are much more challenging, unless you do it unsynched as top geared 60s.

figures. Man ALL the good shit is at level 50. I'm only halfway there.
ironworks i120?

Ironworks is the name of the set, i120 is the item level: 120. 50 is not the end of progression by far (especially since the cap was raised to 60). Those weapons you're looking forward to aren't even close to best in slot.
Luckily for you, at level 50 you can unlock the Glamor system, which lets you take any gear you want and copy its appearance over the gear you want to actually use.

Exodus is on Primal. Balmung is on Aether.

DA PS raises the aggro multiplier for PS from x5 to x6, and does nothing for your damage. It's really not worth burning a Dark Arts just for that. You'd be better off having to do an extra Power Slash outside of Grit to keep your hate up.

case in point, i love most of the shiva weapons. here's my DRK with glamoured diamond breaker for the weapon (and chest/head piece too, but they're less obvious. hairpins ftw).

learn something new every day. that means ive probably partied with some of you shitlords over the years.

eh, it's nitpicking at that point. tank stance generates so much base aggro that there's no excuse for losing aggro as a tank as long as you're within 10 ilvls of the rest of your party (particularly your weapon).

Some nigger beast tribe just used a shit ton of crystals to make an avatar of Ifrit, not the actual lord of the inferno. Wait until they make him with a shit ton of crystals.

It's from like the first week of heavensward, but here's some comfy mining errors.

Finally a good Fem Roe! GJ user!

XIV is full of memefaggots who let the meta and plebbit inform them of what's good and what isn't. Especially in casual content like 4 mans and normal mode Alex.

My BRD friend shits dps like a fiend and was outperforming a DRG who outgeared them, but you damn well better believe the DRG who couldn't do more than spam chaos thrust's combo (That's it, no BOTD, no full thrust, no phleb, jumps, or even fucking heavy thrust) was going on and on about how BRD is trash and the run is slow because it's shit DPS.

Goobbue has had a long day

Goobbue pls, put the wine away.

you're not the boss of him

it's joke

NOMURAAAAAAAA

sounds comfy as fuck fam.

How are there ilvl260 people that play as if it's their first day anons? I don't understand.

Getting lucky with groups.

Because A9S & A10S aren't hard?

Post beeg rowgaydin tiddies.

das it mane.

Guess who's for Christmas.
It's me

Nice blast from the past there.

Tomestone gear is welfare gear, pure and simple. If someone doesn't have a tomestone piece upgraded from a11s, then they've either only recently started gearing or are casuals that can't into raiding.

Or are a healer or a tank and their raid team is prioritizing the DPS to smooth over DPS checks. That's not an uncommon practice at all mate.

Are you the same guy without a Sophia EX clear that claims only casuals haven't cleared A12s?

you're 24 days too-early y'know.

I just wanted my double-D titty kitty. Why's squeenix so gay?

SE is trolling us

It'll happen with Stormblood.
It has to.

>there is now an eye slot and head slot for glamor purposes

yas.

fingers crossed.

Can these 8 faggots clear sophia EX? will I ever get my clear before 3.5? find out soon!

YES I CAN!

I had to wipe a few times and I was close to giving up when my internet went out for half an hour but my new static waited for me and we cleared it!

well your certainly late to the party

i had 3 weapons week one of the patch

where the fuck do I get a horse

By winning a SHITTON of frontlines for your grand company.

Honestly I was so burned out trying to get my sephirot clear getting 2 fucking 1% wipes and having people fail obvious shit like the fucking earth shakers.

I too want some fat cat tat.

learn something new everyday.

XIV is 70% references to older games, with characters and events lifted nearly wholesale.

All of this has happened before. All of this will happen again.

One of the big complaints (among all the technical ones) was that 1.0 wasn't "Final Fantasy enough" with the Lancers and the non-ridable chocobos and the only real Final Fantasy monster I can think of in 1.0 having been Morbols, so Yoshi-P, when he took over, added ALL THE FINAL FANTASY.

IVALICE MMO WHEN

4,0. Or at least that'll be as close as ever we get

Can't be worse than the Vanu

can anyone explain to me table cloth

RP faggtory.

Viera beast tribe when

I dont understand, there is being bold and then there is just being stupid.

if english was spelled the same was in english as the spics spell it, the languages column would read JIDF

hopefully once THICC becomes makeable in the char creator.

i dunno if you played during 1.0 user, but there were a lot of questionable decisions. shit that made you wonder if they were trying to go backwards from 11 instead of innovating forwards.

don't get me started on the old anima TP system

Reddit.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOW DO YOU FUCK THIS UP

I didn't play 1.0, I didn't even play ARR until like late 2.5 or something.

Tell me about the anima, and all the other bullshit 1.0 had.

You know how guildleves restore at a rate of about 6 per day?

Now imagine they were a teleport currency. And you needed roughly four to teleport anywhere, let alone far away. Now reduce their regen rate to about 3 a day.

Already I am confused what they were smoking, weren't leves a huge part of levelling in 1.0 as well? I heard something about that.

They were the ONLY piece of content.

Weren't there FATE's in 1.0?what about the main story?

No raids, no endgame dungeons. As I understand it the game ended with the equivalent of The Praetorium.

Fucking HOW.

Expanding on what that other user said, Anima was the resource used to teleport from one area to another. A single TP had a cost of 4 Anima. You would regen 3 a day, one every 8 RL hours basically. Your party members could take you along for free and vice versa bit it meant if you did a lot of traveling it would be by foot. Because no chocobos.

Airships also weren't implemented until much later iirc. And level were literally the only content. No dungeons, no FATE, no trials. Basically the entire duty finder was gone it was introduced in late alpha for 2.0 iirc.

Assets were reused excessively, to the point where the beginning newb area around Grid was identical to high level areas at the other end of the shroud. Progression was, when it existed, very poorly laid out, and the "make your own class" approach wasn't nearly as flexible and powerful as people had hoped it would be.

Basically, the entire thing was a shitshow. Yoshi really saved this game when he and his team came on.

There were dungeons, but they were just "Areas where monsters respawned slightly faster"
There were no FATEs. There wer eno Raids. There were no trials. Only after Yoshi-P took over did any kind of content that wasn't a Guildleve, a free guildleve offered at the aetheryte camps every half hour called a behest, or a Faction leve, which was a party guildleve bought with currency acquired through doing guildleves.

Holy fucking shit, what kind of fuckboy would prefer this to ARR?

So basically what I'm getting is that the game was no where near finished when they shipped and for several months afterward

Someone who is nostalgic for a different combat system, the promise those empty parts of Coerthas and Mhor Dhona gave them and who likes to think Yoshi-P could have made it work without gutting it entirely.

You couldn't jump.
You couldn't sprint.
You had a weekly limit on how much exp you could actually get per class per week.
There wasn't a market board, there was a market ward, which was filled with retainers selling items with no way to search and find out what retainers were selling things where for what price.
Items came in NQ & +1-+3 quality, each taking up an inventory space.
You had a physical character level which determined your stat allotment that was leveled up through killing things.
Battle classes leveled through RNG, every time you used one of their actions on a thing, you had a chance to get exp for that. In guildleves, you could spend a currency called Guardian's Favor to get a higher rate of RNG. Many of your class abilities could only be purchased through your guild using a currency that would randomly appear on guildleves.
Gladiator (Sword) skill and Sentinel (Shield skill) leveled separately.
The engine could only render 30 simultaneous objects on screen. Mobs. Characters. Certain plants.
Everything was server side. Everything. You went to access a menu to sell something. The request was sent, then received, then sent back. Then you selected the item. That request was sent, then received, then sent back. Then you go to sell. That request was sent, then received, then sent back. It took roughly 45 seconds to sell one item.
You could progress through the MSQ on non-battle classes. You did this by a system called "Parley" where you talked amalj'aa out of summoning Ifrit because of the latest fashions in Ul'dah.
You didn't regen MP. You only got MP back through certain class abilities (Think Aetherflow) or returning to an Aetheryte. This made THM the best healer, because it had Sacrifice, a regen cast from HP.
Crafting often took something made by a level forty [OTHER CRAFTER] for your level 15 [CURRENT CRAFTER] recipe.
Recipes were a lot more specialized, you didn't make a hammer through maple lumber and an iron ingot and some glue. You made it through a maple hammer haft and iron hammer head and some glue.
Gathering was RNG too. Play the minigames in the gold saucer basement. Those were the gathering. You selected a depth/height to gather from, and that might maybe make it more likely to get what you wanted.
Monsters didn't have visible levels. Just a color that indicated their relative strength to you.
They put a level 40ish Peiste RIGHT outside of Ul'dah
You didn't have an auto attack. You had two attacks that built TP that cost stamina to use that were the equivalent of a DPS and tank stance for every job used every attack.
There was a special system called Battle Regimens where if two people used the right weaponskills in succession, it would do devastating things likeā€¦ blinding the mob for 15 seconds.

AND THAT'S WHAT I CAN REMEMBER

how many keybinds do you guys use?

Three hotbars worth in combat.
Macros on tanks is bitch tier shit.

new bred

that's the long and the short of it, yep. which is why SE had to bring in yoshi-p and do a huge mea culpa and eat losses on an MMO that was nearly F2P without all the F2P nonsense for over a year. but it paid off, obviously, as FF14 just keeps growing in share (slowly, but steadily) while it's only major subscription competitor, WoW, is floundering and bleeding hundreds of thousands of users, if not millions.

my god, i had forgotten "battle regimens." all they had to do was skillchains, but updated and not as clunky, and people would have borne the brunt of a lot of shit just so they could say they closed Fragmentation for a few K in damage. and the fucking market wards. oh god those wards.

bazaar stuff worked in FF11 because of the niche appeal of certain things; you could forgo some in-game taxes for big-ticket items without having to deal with the trouble of the AH or waiting on someone for a face-to-face trade to occur. so when the original FF14 team comes along and announces the market wards, i think people were initially optimistic that it would be a naturally high traffic area that people could essentially do a retainer-bazaar thing in.

then they went and made wars into a separate area that you had to zone into, which took enough fucking time as it was thanks to the server-side issues, and then you had to browse, individually, through each fucking retainer to find what you wanted. even when they added certain "item specific" wards for like crystals or crafting items you were still limited by the 30-item limit on screen.

Holy Fucking Shit, how is it even possible to fuck up that hard. I hope the dev team for that was literally killed as an example.