Black Desert is $5 anyone play that shit?

black Desert is $5 anyone play that shit?

is it not even worth the download?

Other urls found in this thread:

black-desert.com/articles/black-desert-how-we-were-expect-it-to-be-and-how-it-is-now/
youtube.com/watch?v=NCQRvqFRy1I
archive.is/bT9zh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No. The devs/publishers killed by be greedy pieces of shit. Game got more and more p2w overtime. The character customization is fun and probably one of the best ones out there, but the game itself is garbage.

No. The only good MMO is Guild Wars and it's dead.

Only sub-based pve end game raid mmos can ever be good.

Are there any?

Keep telling yourself that WoWfag. The objectively best MMO was:

Its $5 now? Well thats not shocking, these slanted eyed jews killed the game with their fucking greed. $40 customs, upgrading pets takes 2 cash pets and its RNG, crafting outfits, this game was P2W pretty bad, not as bad as NeverWinter, but was this shocking to anyway? Tree of Savior went the same way. RNG boxes to milk whales and stupid plebs

If you wait a bit it'll go F2P like the korean version.

Ultima Online is still around. It's from a time when MMORPGs were still RPGs, and it's still kicking.

If it's like all the other Korean MMOs then it's likely too hard for western audience

lol. play a real competitive game and get that handicap horseshit out of here.

t. kiddie who got stomped in every pvp game

t. kiddie too shit to get into gvg

There exists a fan-blog that does a great job showing all the promises the devs failed to meet. It's a good read.

black-desert.com/articles/black-desert-how-we-were-expect-it-to-be-and-how-it-is-now/
I didn't want to spend the time searching for it because I didn't think I'd actually find it.

I dropped the game after I found out that there is no armor variety and in order to not look exactly like the rest you would need to buy clothes from the cash shop.

Seriously, a fucking MMO with out gear variety, fuck, most classes cant even equip headgear or any other armor that drops off monsters. They are just sat boosters. So much for making a fucking qt waifu, my main draw for MMO's is customization in which this game has next to none.

i think the idea was you get lots of "unique" complete outfits that have no stats on it, which i suppose would be fine if it wasn't for the fact the only good stuff is on the cash shop and has stat bonuses

theres a lot of wasted potential in this game its really sad what the korean f2p model can do to a game

FFXIV is the best one I've ever played.

My biggest issues with that game are

Sure, it's not absolutely perfect in every possible way. No game can be.

But it's pretty much the last high quality traditional MMORPG. Another expansion is coming for it. So it has a bit of life left.

The fact that it has never bit the F2P bullet to try and salvage some cheap bux shows that it is still good.

its the best sub based mmorpg on the market right now

while i do enjoy the game i don't consider that a good thing, it is still a deeply flawed product

lmao what? How does that work?

Or more likely it's a piece of shit only played by weebshits who don't play WoW

THREE SECOND GLOBAL COOLDOWNS

oh and no pvp because japs can't into anything competing against a human being on equal footing

It has tons of open world content with some of the best graphics I've seen in an MMORPG. I think he's referring to being totally open world in the sense that there are no zones, just one giant continuous open world.

The global cooldown is lowered by skill speed. I think it's about 2.2 sec global cooldown for my character. There's also a lot of skills that are off the global cooldown that you can fire off between global cooldowns. High level play is probably a lot different than you're imagining.

It has pvp now…

Haha fuck no P2W as fuck and the grind is insane.

There is 0 fun in the PvP too since it's all gear based. Skill matters fuck all.

Watch how quickly skills are fired off in this video. This is more or less how it is for melee combat classes.
youtube.com/watch?v=NCQRvqFRy1I

The game was only known for the character creator. Still had the same problems as most mmos. Probably would have lasted if they just sold that tech to other companies.

3 seconds? it's 2.5 at base, and every job has 2.4 with the base skill/spell speed at 60, and some cut it down to 2.0, and most jobs have plenty of off gcd stuff to do. people that complain about the gcd never made it past level 10

Guy has no idea what he's talking about. Like the one who ranted about it not having PvP.

it has pvp, it's just really bad.. the game was designed without any pvp in mind and was only added at a later date

I agree completely. The game is totally all about the PvE content.

I don't PvP. But it's there if you want to.

If you care about PvP you're better off playing a game that is PvP centric.

5$ isn't bad for entry for that game, but the slants decided that money was more important than the playerbase, so much so that after they implemented being able to sell pearls cash shop currency for ingame money was a great idea, except that every single item in the game can be bought with silver. The game is p2w, even with the 'caps' the game has put on it.

It was so close to being the chosen one, but fuck nice things

that's not even close to the real p2w. pets, weight, and most of all artisans memories are much worse offenders.

If you're some faggot that browses reject/v/ and only reject/v/ sure

Takes a special kind of faggot to play it

FFXIV does start off kind of slow. It's like baby steps into the real content once you've played for about a week. If you play at a relatively slow pace and watch all the cutscenes, It takes upwards of a month or longer to make it to end game content.

The game is very linear, with a huge focus on the story and atmosphere. There's about 6 million cutscenes. If that sounds annoying, then it's not the game for you. I've never understood why someone would play it if they just skipped the cutscenes.

no OP, just no. i had two max-level characters and i regret wasting my time and dosh on it

to go into more detail about the retarded economy, i was one of the first if not the first player on my server to build fishing boats. i spent literal days of gaming establishing the supply lines I needed, building the facilities I needed, and getting a workforce that could process the wood and metals I needed to make fishing boats. when it came time to sell my finished fishing boat - the first one that I at least had ever seen on the market - it was capped at i think two million silver. i could charge no more, even though I had specifically busted my ass to be able to have all the supply and set the initial, outrageously hebrew price on it, the game itself was designed not to let me do that, and after factoring in time spent vs. profit returned my margins were super, insanely low. then i made a character who had cooking, and i learned that you can literally make more profit selling dog food than you can making the most luxurious and rare ship that was available at the time.

fuck that noise, fuck that awful community, fuck that game

Now you may think this is weird Anons, but I'm willing to overlook gameplay if a game has features which make up for that massive titted characters in creation, for example, played Scarlet Blade pretty much solely for the promise of booty.. Was it a good game? It was tolerable enough for me to carry on for the tits.. It was nothing special but at the same time it was fairly groovy. Anything like that going for black desert?

Bought it for $30 when it first came out. After about 4-6 weeks, I hit some combination of burning out and disappointingly realizing that gear was going to play a much greater part in PvP than skill or understanding. Can't imagine it's worth playing now, but it was kinda fun to explore and grow while it lasted.

Havent been keeping up with it since right before launch, what in all happend? I see people in the thread talking about a shit ton of stuff being removed and some even being locked behind a paywall.

Play a plum if you want big titty monsters. You will enjoy decent gameplay and decent everything else. Just know that the game is more gear based than skill as well as other things.

Game is absolutely solid, ruined by publishers and blue-pilled community.

Publishers and Western Audience (WoW Fags) destroyed yet another a possible successor to UO.

archive.is/bT9zh

Why do people still expect Korean MMOs to be anything but shit?

Can't you just level up all classes in that game and get an extra 'power' from maxing up a class?

Guess they're not faggots whose first and only mmo was WoW

Black Desert was a great disappointment for me, mostly because at the beginning they sold it as the holy child of EVE and Vindictus. I just wanted to be a large melee giant selling stuff town to town and to players. I'm not even competitive and just a RP fag.

I remember when this was hailed as the savior of MMOs.

they rused, i raughed

It was fun briefly, playing with Holla Forums, but it is a dead and shit game once you understand it. Don't waste your time.

Not sure what you mean by "extra 'power'" but whatever class you have equipped will be treated as your primary class, and it can borrow specific skills from two classes that are secondary and tertiary to it.

You can level up all classes and professions in that game sure, but to do so would be a massive undertaking.

I might heard that, after leveling a class to the max, you can have one particular power from it to mix it with your build.

Cool at first then I had to choose between constantly grinding to get money and actually playing the game.

I'm fucking ashamed to have played this game and see where it's gone. There was hope that they'd ensure the game wasn't as rampantly jewish as the gook version with their promises and insistence they'd never stoop the cash shop to be as blatantly p2w as they allowed it in the korean version, turns out dutch kikes aren't any different from slant kikes and lie through their yellow teeth. I put up with pets and inventory because you could pay in $30 and be set for the entirety of your game career but then they decided to introduce the trash that ruined the game in its home country and caused a massive drop in play numbers. This game still offered 10/10 character creation, persistent open-world PvP with territorial control, and extremely solid action gameplay that was probably the best in the MMO genre. Shame that's all down the fucking toilet now, with only whales spending thousands on rolling for dye RNG left to sustain this disgusting creature.

No. Devs were slowly killing it and turning it into p2w.
Which is shame because it was really good.

It is still my favorite MMO, problem is they killed it.

Isn't raiding super fucking awful in that game because of the net code making you get hit even if you avoid void zones and other area of effects with a few seconds to spare?

If that was the case, then Sep EX would of been impossible. It was a bit of an issue back in Titan(Hard), but then they upped the tic rate and it has been fine since then.

apart from the waifu customizations eso is a better choice

nope it killed it self did show a lot of promise thou

aww poor baby. did i kill you take all your shit?

dob jej

You can easily get a few days of entertainment out of it, unless you are a genuine retard who doesn't understand what a deal 5 bucks is for the amount of game you're getting. If you hate MMO's, skip it because you'll be lost and confused and come back to shitpost in BDO threads. I really enjoyed learning the game because it's not a WoW clone, which is rare. You will be lost, but the internet exists so you'll read a few guides and watch videos to get going. Or join a guild. The best part was learning the crafting and life-skills and node stuff and the economy of the game. Excellent bang for 5 bucks. They have added some convenience/catch-up mechanics since launch. The P2W part of the game only really matters for the vocal minority of players who take PVP seriously. I don't know why anyone would PVP in this game though because that's where all the problems are. It's a great game for people who like to grind and do professions and level shit up even when they are AFK.

TL;DR If you "want to be da best" and take this game seriously, you'll have a bad time and complain on forums. However, it's absolutely worth 5$ if you play games for fun.

Don't know what to say.

No Player 2 Player trade, no deal.

For all intents and purposes it's a skyrim musou online.
I mean, it sure worth 5$ for what it is - a fun but shallow lawnmower simulator, but not much else.

Yeah that sucks, but there are a lot of reasons why it is that way. Reducing the amount of spammers is one. With the chat filter I rarely see a spam message, if only once a day. I have 2 accounts and would be rolling in silver if they let me trade. p2p trading doesn't really work with the whole AFK mechanics. You can trade some stuff like potions. Or sell shit on the market.

That's a shitty excuse and you know it. The market prices are fixed, there is no motivation to go in groups because you can't even share resources with your guild and to do anything you have to grind it yourself because noone would spend the time needed to craft anything without a proper reward or benefit.

That user said you that it's not a wow clone, didn't he?
If you care so much for muh trading why are you looking for it in mmos to begin with? You know perfectly fine how bots, chinks and gold selling cites made it impossible for conventional mmo to even have direct trading.
Only one of a kind games like Eve or Warframe can have that, and we all know how bad WF is.
Grow up already.

For fuck's sake, I spotted the shill.

There are still many gold sellers in Black Desert, making that argument about fighting bots and shit wortless. Besides, removing features to prevent 'problems' in game is like removing different movesets for fighting games because some fighters might have an advantage over others. Why do you make an 'MMO' just to end turning it into a P2W Online Single Player game grindfest?

For fuck's sake, are you coming from the BDO forums having to make shitty excuses to cripple the game so the publisher can sell more pearls?

Or maybe, you know, I played on russian server and don't give a fuck about forums and community, and just am triggered by you being such retard.

is it worth playing at least for the titties and GRAPHICS ?

No. It's shit. Don't play it or give them money.

t. GM of Holla Forums guild

Well, fuck off then. I don't care about what server you played, the game was promised to be a sandbox, and sandbox without comerce is shit. You call comerce selling stuff at the same price any NPC merchant would?

And before you say stupid shit like 'wow clone' should I remind you that original mmo games had player to player trading since the beginning? But well, just by using retarded anti customer arguments only shills use like "wow clone" or "grow up" then I care little about what you have to say.

Tell your bosses I was even thinking about buying the game for shitty ERP, but now I won't take this sinking ship not even with a ten feet pole.

its not free to play in the US

Yeah they jewed us hard on that.

It's going to go f2p anyway.

Probably. I was really hiped for the game, just to be screwed over by asian jews and actual jews.

why are you so triggered by player to player trade ban ?

Because it fucks over the whole concept of MMOs. I'm still wondering why are you defending this game so hard even if it was purposely stripped away from the original plan.

Go away, shill.

It's fucking retarded.

Concept of the mmo is play with other people.
If your idea of "playing" is living le happy merchant meme, then I dunno, your age is long past, since game won't have direct trading because of said exploits.
Go try Warframe then I guess.

Mean to say "games", not just BDO but all mmos to come.

but muh free market will correct itself

are you two one of those WoW faggots who want to be "the AH player", that would explain why you are triggered by this feature

Ok man, you tried to sell the game to us, so go fuck off and go get praise from your jew masters.

sage is not a downvote, might go back to cuckchan and try your shitposting and "muh shill" spam there

I remember getting excited for it, and enjoying it for a bit, but it never stuck. Couldn't say why. Graphically gorgeous, and great attention to detail (things like being all covered in dirt and blood, and clothing getting ragged as you took damage in combat), and it had comfy moments, but it all just seemed poorly put together.

It's comparable to Archeage, I guess, in that there was an absolute fuckload of potential that went nowhere in the end.

I miss AA so much.

5$ is a pretty decent entry fee to get your feet wet. You don't like it, you bail and you've lost a cheap lunch.

This game looked like the grand child of Lineage and UO during the early stages. It was casualized and p2wed into mediocrity. That said, it was fun for about the first month. One of the best looking MMOs and I really enjoyed the combat system. I thought they were on the right track if they had stayed closer to the original design. The story and lore was also shit, but I liked the social concept.

I'm done with MMOs until the sandboxes come back into fashion. The WoW mentality and f2p/p2w shit needs to die before that happens.

Every advanced job has 2 secondary classes that they get up to 5 cross-class skills from. The important cross-class skills are usually pretty low level so it's kind of trivial to level up those other classes for them.

That net code lag was fixed ages ago. Like 2 years ago or something.

Anyone tried Mortal Online? I tried it once upon a time and it was nice if it had more character customization and less lag problems.

I wonder if it improved, because last time it turned Free 2 Play, but at least you have a sandbox experience.

If PVP isn't gear based then it always comes down to who has the most buddies to smack your enemies down with.

Has anyone seen an MMO where you can just "out skill" the opponent? WoW Vanilla Rogues not withstanding. Since they were just broken OP with a wooden dagger.

You're fucking retarded. Removing trade is not the answer to gold sellers. An easy compromise would be that you could only trade within your guild if you've been in it for x days.

Go back to cuckchan

Why are PvP shitters such defensive little babies, it would be amusing if it wasn't so sad

He is not me, and didn't want to reply you because didn't want to give you the satisfaction of your (you), but here you have so you can go fuck off.

The sage doesn't do much, but at least I don't bump your retarded replies. If you want to promote a game just buy an ad, you filthy shill.

thinks sage is a downvote and writes in same exact manner as you, just go back to your containment site

Anyway. Is there any true sandbox MMO in the market?

archage was marketed as one. never played it so don't know.

MMOs are dead.

I've heard it's even worse than BDO regarding the sandboxing.

didn't they die already?

The worst part is how much potential it had. The graphics, the music, the area and character designs and the like were all top notch. It feels like a shell of an amazing game absolutely ruined by p2w shit and a broken fucking economy system.

I had more than enough fun being comfy with the Holla Forums guild to be worth the 30 bucks near release, but I can't see myself opening the game again.

Definitely. Game is beautiful.

I'm specially butthurt about Black Desert Online because they sold the whole trading as a great feature, jewing their way into decieving words.

I just wanted to be a big giant jew faggot riding an ass and selling my wares town to town. For fuck's sake, even market stalls could be an option like in other korean games.

Fucking gooks.

I dont play it cus it banned my country even though im in the carribean. Yeah fuck them stupidgooks, fyi i know how to bypass but who knows till when that method will work. Is there like a korean game translation? Id rather lag in korea for free than get fucked in the ass by jews in the american site

Also the fact that no matter which armor you equip in the american version you'll always look like a scrub with the same look unless you buy the iteem mall outfits. Gay as fuck

The character creator isn't even that good. You're stuck with a gook looking base face that you can only alter so much.

Never forget Silkroad Online.

Lmaop

Any character creator that lets you make michael jackson is good.

The others are just ignorant.

kill yourself. i am i was at work and on my phone. you're the one calling sage a downvote. im saging because this thread is shit and shouldn't be bumped.

F2P when?

This is the worst

You kids deserve all you don't get.

oy vey

I just want an MMO that has fun as hell PvP and fun endgame raiding content with an evolving world and emergent gameplay.

Is this really too much to ask?

Whatever happened to Blade&Soul? Will I still be forever waiting for Camelot:Unchained? Am I doomed to have been fascinated by MMORPG's during the Golden Age of WoW only to have the genre die out to fucking MOBAs?

I just wanted to be a fucking pirate.

Chinese server started printing money so NC started catering to Chinese tastes, killing the Korean server.

'localization' happened in the NA server.

Lol'd.

"Mobile Gamer"