ITT: Games that deserve more love

ITT: Games that deserve more love

These two always come to mind when I think of games I wish had been more popular.

The Void

destiny

Custom Robo

That game got plenty of love. Everyone loves that game.

Loved that game as a kid. It can get repetitive with the fighting, but the story was pretty good.

Speaking of Sega, this is extremely underrated.

There's never going to be a third one user. You wouldn't like that. You would hate it. You know it in your heart to be true.

Pic related. First game that comes to mind, though there are others that I'm sure I could say. Not sure if they're unloved though.

I dunno, especially recently people are posting a lot of this game. I feel like it's getting love from people with good taste.

It's a real shame most people with the courage to try Pathologic don't move on to their other masterpiece afterwards

Blame Atari

Such a beautiful platformer on such a poor-performing console.

The Wii U was so close to becoming another gamecube, but it failed to do even that. Damn shame.

It's the new Saturn. I anticipate the Switch to be the Dreamcast of Nintendo which means it should get some neat games but sell like shit and flop hard forcing Nintendo out of console hardware since they fucked up super hard with the Wii U marketing. It's weird because it was also fairly affordable by console standards and the few games it has can be fun. Oh well.

Forgot to say, this game is basically the prodigy that gave birth to simple smartphone gaming. This was actually good though, it was like a digital trail mix.

Fuck. Here

Hi, Todd.

someones gotta be pulling the strings. what is achieved by knocking nintendo out of the console race?

wouldnt the thing that gave birth to phone games be flash games?
its scary how close wario wares story predicted it though.

youre always welcome on Holla Forums as far as im concerned, todd.

Nah, it's wholly possible to fuck up like Sega of America by incompetence. Besides, Nintendo is known for family friendly shit, who fills that market otherwise?

Rented this back in the day on a whim, one of the best whim rentals of all time.

My former best friend borrowed my copy and the fucker sold it since it's worth a ton now. I wish I still owned it.

This or any Sunsoft game aside from Blaster Master or Atlantis no Nazo.

The game's graphics give off a very Roger Dean-like feel to me, it looks neat. I'll try it out someday.

But play the Jap Version though as the Scandinavian Version gives you a LOT of lives, and there's no special soundchip.

Hey I did my part and bought both on launch.

Man, if only Urban Chaos emulated well at all.

I'm serious about the Michael Jordan game. It's actually a solid nonlinear platformer.

If you mean the people that made it needed to give it more love, then yes, for everyone else, i's the bastard child that aspired to be call of duty.

Warframe, but not from the players. Digital Extremes can suck a dick.
Pic related, its them.

It's a great game, trust me

Played it. Beat it. Absolutely wonderful experience and MINDFUCKERY in the finale as it all comes together. Does kind of have a following though. I sincerely think we'll never see a game like that ever again. Also

Played Metal Warriors. Now that was some fun stuff, never found anyone to do a 1v1 though.

I am so glad I never got into that game. That thing is such a money hungry monster. Same with almost every free to play these days.

Nobody I talk to has ever heard of it, and it's consistently got almost no players on Steam, but it's very good. It's not even expensive. It's $1.50 right now.

Theres not much to be done because its dead, but Anarchy Reigns needed more love at launch. Singleplayer was eh but the multiplayer was great.

WE DON'T GET RIDICULED, WE GET RID OF FOOLS

I picked up a $10 copy of it at my grocery store but I'm not paying for Xbox Live. Found ZoE HD Collection there, too.

I have heard of this, why the fuck was it made in the abomination that is multimedia fusion 2 and why is next game made in another abomination that is literally web browser-tier garbage construct 2

someone made a Take Me On remix with its font.

in a day or twooooooooo

this

The Switch will outsell the Wii U and Ninty now has more funds than Sega did when the Dreamcast was released. You're not being imaginative enough for what could happen in the future. You're ignoring fundamental differences in the market of the present and the past for some weird reason that you want history poetically repeating itself.

But that's a good thing you retard

Yeah, no. Superior Bungie game coming through.

Is Urban Chaos the game that begins with an attack on a police Precinct, and where you can light people on fire with tazers?

God, Marathon was so cool. Shame when the new Halo trilogy started the new developer decided to just create some fanfic shit instead of creating something to finally end the cocktease of Halo's connection to Marathon.

Yup, that's it.

Can't wait to play it again.

I will shill Virtual On until the day I die. It's fucking criminal that it has no well-known clones other than Gundam Extreme Vs. to this day. Even then, that's close to a good version of Force than an OT clone.

the levels were all pretty shitty tho. The enemies also sucked. Frankly marathon is kinda trash.

The Jjaro and Forerunners being confirmed to be the same race and Durandal passing through the Halo universe with the SO on board would be a neat crossover

Marathon 1 pretty much has the worst level design in the series, thankfully later games and fanscenarios improve on that by giving you some more space to dodge shit and getting rid of the fucking puzzles, eventually peaking with Tempus Irae and Phoenix

nigga wat
they're all quite varied in terms of looks and projectiles they fire, mixed together in the right spaces you're basically playing a first-person SHMUP

Were you the one who recommended it earlier? It's pretty good.

What's the deal with 360 games?

get phantom krust

our skin is of a similiar complexion

mark?

can you take him to small claims court?

Destiny is better than any shooter.

Time Crisis 5 is dope. New GunCon a shit though.

bump

Besides, the Dreamcast outsold the Saturn and did well in Japan. The biggest difference is Sega was in a huge financial decline while Nintendo is still comfortable. Not raking in billions but millions for sure. It could convince them that home consoles are a mistake and they should stick to the 3DS or a 3DS successor should this not sell to their expectations.

This game aged pretty well unlike the KoFs that are ugly af to play.

It's a crime how Capcom treats Ghosts and Goblins these days.

Waifu Returns had kickass gameplay, great music, and a story so bad it was good.

I didn't buy Colosseum at launch, but I'm pretty sure I played it at a friend's house around the time of its release. I still remember buying XD at launch, though.

Lightning Returns a shit. Kill yourself Toriyama

You're not fooling anyone kotick

Dragon Quarter gets a lot of undeserved hate.

Mah nigga.

The details both gameplay wise and grafics wise are amazing.
The game was made with lots of love.

Man that game looks fun but I'm not going to support the console industry to play it. I guess as much as it pains me to pirate games from incredibly skilled developers, I'll have to pirate and emulate it.

What game is this?

Castlevania 64

Shit…Virtual On? I remember these guys from SRW Alpha 3…and that one time I played a PC Port at my cousin's house when I was 10.

no man's sky

damn, i never seen a Vampire Night cab irl

I've seen pic related a few times back in the early 2000s. One time in Las Vegas, and in the corner of a movie theater arcade. Kinda sucked at the game, but enjoyed it nonetheless.

Noitu Love 2 was pretty fun. Iconoclasts fucking when?

Shame they never made a good game after that.

My fucking nigga, I still have Legacy of Darkness for the old n64

Eat a dick faggot

Patrician tastes, had they had at least another couple of playable characters, stages with gimmicks and post-game content, this would've easily become a Top 10 worthy game.
To this day I've got to find a vidya that lets you customize a fighting game character with the same depth as Emerl. Probably God Hand or those Tekken editors but that doesn't really feel the same.
I also remember finding out some delicious exploit with the base Air Power, just fill your "OHKO" meter until it's full, jump and use the Air Power attack at about one frame before hitting the ground, since it's one of the base attacks the game registers it as a "normal hit" so to speak, yet it will insta-kill any opponent even if he's defending against Power and you'll retain the OHKO meter if Emerl touches the ground immediately after the kill.

Contact was pretty comfy even if it was a little overly meta

Strife deserves a lot more recognition, even with the faults.

This user gets it.

muh shitpostta

Have you ever got to play the Arcade version of Thunder Blade? It's a ginormous pain in the ass.

Jagged Alliance 2 + Mods = Best game ever

Better than Secret of Mana and probably the only DBZ game that's good and isn't a fightan game but nobody ever recommends it. The sequel is also not bad.

Instead people recommend Battle for Bikini Bottom to people who like collectathons even though BfBB isn't even good compared to other games in that genre and DBZ:LoG2 is one of the top in it's class.

Been playing this with a friend. Loving this game.

I never get why it was so hated. It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't horrible either. Some of the monsters were actually goddamn scary (I got a phobia to hedge mazes thanks to that fucking Frankenstein monster) like the hellhounds, and it has a nice atmosphere.
The sewers can suck a dick, fuck those autistically precise platform jumps.

And Carrie was a cutie, didn't help that her unlockable outfit made her show her panties all the time.

I remember playing a couple rounds of that on the PS2 with my brother. I didn't even know it was an arcade game at the time, I just thought the "gun controller" was cool.