WEEKEND SWAT 4 INCOMING

T R A I L E R S

GAME AND EXPANSION:
torrentproject.se/6067412aa178b6a3cbee0047da0cc6ed32efbf3d/SWAT-4-Gold-Edition-AnCiENT-torrent.html
Repack: mega.nz/#F!VBBGBb6T!b48EBFH8n9QOMXQOB9yfWg!kNBDyCJA
If you get a bug accepting the expansion EULA run this while on the page:
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03244836270563529428

MOD AND UNOFFICIAL MOD PATCH:
kellys-heroes.eu/files/swat4/InstallSSFModv3.1.zip
gofile.io/?c=fs73lL
Install patch by merging with mod folder in SWAT folder.
Disabling radio dispatches removes the freeze at the start of a game, merge with base Content and ContentExpansion folders to install.
If you have the old texture pack, revert to vanilla with this: rgho.st/private/6L7jvgPdb/320d5cef07ee0e3e588698e4966cec8c
Contains some extra AI files we might switch in if current AI seems bad, report results.

GAMERANGER:
gameranger.com/

MEGA MAP PACK (some broken ets-clan.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=7351):
mega.nz/#F!H1QmxbyY!u7wBmE-sDCAcMG12Bo0Nlw
Original torrent version: moddb.com/games/swat-4/addons/mega-map-pack

How to Join:
You can also join by Direct IP or by console command: open (IP) if a host is willing to give their IP out.
OTHER:
Change your name in Settings > Game Controls.
Server hosts turn off Team Specific Weapons in the advanced tab to allow all weapons to be used in CO-OP.
10+ PLAYER CO-OP: Use console command: set serversettings maxplayers #
Toggle microphone: induktio.net/wiki/Toggle_VoIP_(TSS_ONLY)
Widescreen resolutions are available by opening the command console with ~ and using command (replace W and H with your resolution): setres WxHx32
More console commands: induktio.net/wiki/Console_commands
Pasta: ghostbin.com/paste/544br

Other urls found in this thread:

rgho.st/private/6MM2hf6Rq/3b4ec2d7a96ce9cfc59f95cf2bd7b31d
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/SWAT_4#Windowed
pastebin.com/ZSAgrVNc
induktio.net/wiki/Mega_Map_Pack
pastebin.com/ZzvS7E3s
torrentproject.se/6067412aa178b6a3cbee0047da0cc6ed32efbf3d/SWAT-4-Gold-Edition-AnCiENT-torrent.html
mega.nz/#F!VBBGBb6T!b48EBFH8n9QOMXQOB9yfWg!kNBDyCJA
moddb.com/games/swat-4/addons/mega-map-pack
megagames.com/fixes/swat-4-1
gofile.io/?c=fs73lL
gameranger.com/
mega.nz/#F!zYUSBQQZ!qjPlImJQV8zKG4WG4ebUXA
gamepressure.com/download.asp?ID=51022
mediafire.com/file/g103wsgujsg88xc/M_AIMod_105C_b1.rar
mega.nz/#!0NcUVaRK!Y6cQkzu1yIjPhTlGTRR96gP_JvQHaNPvkno-efstpsY
mega.nz/#!pF0A0YKZ!vbMMfuA4altNhKq-Nc7jPXzLzFVSaUNOWzEU6f0T9n8
ghostbin.com/paste/z23zr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TO MEME AND PROTECT

you have a shit ton of time to download everything, more than enough
tomorrow's the day
will be namefagging again due to VPN shit
if you're speedy gonzalez type of nigger might wanna keep GameRanger open and join in if we run some tests in the meantime if we ever do so

SCREENSHOT KEY IS NUMPAD SLASH

shieeeeet haven't seen a vidya weekend in a while, not that I've been on here much anyway. might just drop by.

So, this is the first time you arrested, huh?

If I join in can I expect plane crashes, rising fires and no survivors?

not yet
that comes later
of course!

NOTE MEGA MAP PACK ON MODDB WAS UPDATED IF YOU HAVE THE MEGA VERSION GET UPDATED FILES HERE:

Do 8cucks think this is gonna work?

you goys better not bully me for no mic

fuck off newfag, it's worked plenty in the past

I'm pretty sure people who used mics got bullied

Well then i know this crap wont work
You need a mic for this

It's worked without a mic before, it can work again.
Played the game both with mics and without them.

Tactical games are pretty bad with little or no comms
t. tactical expert

chat, quick voice comms, even the animations can communicate.
No you're not.

TRAILERS
TRAILERS
TRAILERS

That game isn't even good though.

I downloaded the game and expansion from the Share Thread. Haven't yet installed the Syndicate, though.
What else do I do? Is this a custom map pack? Do I need the texture pack for some reason? Do I ned the mod and mod patch? How do I use Gameranger?

no you don't need the texture pack
we're running with the mod
should probably get the map pack though it might take a while
gameranger you just make an account and browse the rooms and it allows connections through LAN since gamespy is dead so the server browser doesn't work anymore. you have to set up in its options for syndicate to point to the mod though (see OP).

Sounds good.

Anyone know how to get this thing to play in windowed? I've read a bunch of forums posts and can't seem to get any of the solutions working.

I've set parameters for the shortcut, alt+enter, editted the .ini etc. It's getting a bit silly.

did you try this?
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/SWAT_4#Windowed

I did, but the ini kept resetting itself to what it used to be for some reason. I'll try editting it and then setting it to read only.

OH BOY ARE WE GONNA GO RAD AGAIN

Trailers

All I do in singleplayer is force everyone to use gas paintball guns, then go to doors, breach and throw flashbang, whlie spamming the paintballs at everyone, including civillians, constantly spamming F. Never failed me yet.

beanbag shotgun here, you can take it from my cold dead hands you paintball-playing dog the bounty hunter wannabe

aside from that, though, that is exactly how i play too

I actually can't manage the red and blue teams. It's much too tedious to order them to another exit without the suspects taking that time to kill civillians, eachother or me.

Rush and spam is much more effective.

if anyone has things setup doin some testin

Unless this map pack is fuckhueg, I'm downloading the mod now and should be able to help within the hour, assuming I can install the expansion and mod easily.

It's a big file.

|_| | |
| |_|

For those who want to block the ads on game ranger,
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and double click on hosts (open with notepad++ or something similar)
make a new line at the end and paste the shit here pastebin.com/ZSAgrVNc

user, does this mean these maps as well as the MEGA in OP is the complete set?

should be from the changelog here induktio.net/wiki/Mega_Map_Pack

forgot, password is infv

SPECIAL MEMES AND TACTICS
A sub division of Meme team 6
S.M.A.T.s high-lights include

Beating civilians to death.
Macing civilians to death.
Beating and macing civilians to death at the same time.
Shooting, macing, and beating team mates. Mostly due to incompetence and poor trigger disciple . Mostly.
Shooting teammates again because "Well he was probably pissed from last time so I had to get him before he got me"
Gross incompetence.
Refusal to use non-lethal because it was"lame".
And lastly, Bullying.

what the fuck is wrong with you, it's like everyone's new.
mics aren't required nor needed, we're not that autistic.
can bring a GR room up right now if any of you faggots downloaded everything already, don't really have anything to do atm.

I actually fucking hate Windows.

I am trying to move a fucking EXE file to install the expansion, and every time I replace it, it tells me my permissions aren't high enough. I elevate them, even though on an Admin account, and it just turns them right fucking off again, and makes the folder read-only.

This kind of shit doesn't happen on a fucking Mac or Linux fork. You set something and it stays that way, and it assumes the user isn't a complete retard and needs to enforce fucking protocols to prevent me from editing my own fucking files.

nevermind, there's already a testing room up go join it. i'll go play some vidya

testing room open now

Okay, finally installed the Expansion, but now I can't open the base game or TSS. The readme said to copy back cracked files, but it didn't tell me to back any files up, nor do I have those files, I've only got the original 1.0 installer.

4 anons in at the moment.

Come anons, lern2install all this shit and help remove undesirables from the world.

11/10 coding.

Server up?

nah more coming tomorrow

Ok, well I'm, hosting ATM, if anyone wants to hop in 8/v/ kommandos, pw: drumpf

Be on in a min or two.

Nevermind

Oh well. Tomorrow's the day. We can bully mark to make a sticky, he's made one for SWAT 4 before.

Need to explain to people who have trouble installing though.

every time i finish installing it says the installed failed

What are you trying to install?

If you give me a little bit, I can quickly mash together an OP guide that details everything to do, in order to get the thing running, ready for serber tomorrow.

Alternatively, if an user that has it installed could upload their SWAT 4 folder, that would be equally good. My upload is crap, so would take stupid long.

I've actually updated the Gameranger adblock some time ago, but forgot about it, here's the latest version:
pastebin.com/ZzvS7E3s

HOW TO INSTALL THIS CLUSTERFUCK OF FILES

Download S.W.A.T. 4 + The Stetchkov Syndicate (TSS):
mega.nz/#F!VBBGBb6T!b48EBFH8n9QOMXQOB9yfWg!kNBDyCJA

Now download this map pack while you follow the rest of the instructions. Do it now, as it's a fairly large file and you can do other shit while it's going:
moddb.com/games/swat-4/addons/mega-map-pack
As well as this:
Those two links have all the maps we're using.

Now install S.W.A.T. 4 using the setup.exe.
If there's some error involving the EULA, use this while the EULA is open on your screen:

Now, use something like Daemon Tools to mount the .ISO file of TSS. Use the AutoRun.exe on that .ISO image. From there, hit "Apply Patch" up the top, go through the prompts until you're updated. Now, use the "Install Expansion" (Or something to that effect) option, follow the prompts and wait until it's done. If it asks for a key to authorise the installation, there should be a "readme.txt" or "installation instruction.txt" that has a list of keys that work. Doesn't matter which you use, they don't expire or whatever.

Right, you've got S.W.A.T. 4 and TSS installed. If you tried to open it, you'd notice it's borked and won't run, telling you to insert the disc. Download this:
megagames.com/fixes/swat-4-1
And put that .exe file into /program files (x86)/S.W.A.T. 4/Content/System/
Now you should be able to run S.W.A.T. 4. TSS will not run, but don't worry about that right now.

Now, download this mod:
Then download this mod's unofficial patch (3.1):
gofile.io/?c=fs73lL

Get the mod, install it using the .exe.
Open up the 3.1 update, go to /program files (x86)/S.W.A.T. 4/SSFModv3.1/
Drag the patch files into this folder and merge everything.
Now you've got S.W.A.T. 4 installed, TSS installed and SSFmod 3.1 installed. Life's pretty good now.

Remember those maps? Go to the MegaMapPack and use the "install_files.exe". It 'should' find your directory for S.W.A.T. 4, but if it doesn't, type it yourself. Default install path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\S.W.A.T. 4"
Now press "y' and hit enter. It shall now start installing most of the maps.
Get the second, smaller map pack I told you to get, and open it up. There should be 5 or 6 compressed files. Uncompress all of them. You'll be left with three folders:
"content", "contentexpansion" and "readmes". Delete readmes unless you liking reading them. Merge "content" and "contentexpansion" with the folders sharing those names in your S.W.A.T. 4 directory.
There will be a folder included with the SSFmod download that has a file called "SWAT4X.exe". Place this inside /SSFmodv3.1/System/.
Finally, you have every map installed and are up to date.

Except you're not.
Almost there, I promise. Go to the folder that came with the SSF Mod called "alternate AIs", or something to that extent. Grab the files called "AI (sas).ini" and "SwatAICommon (sas).u"
Drag those to the SSFModv3.1 folder, and place them in /SSFmodv3.1/System/. Now rename them so they DO NOT have (sas) in them. They will ask to replace files with the same name, hit yes to both.

Final Step, here we go. This one's pretty damn easy.
Download and install GameRanger from here:
gameranger.com/
It's an alternative to GameSpy, which is defunct.
Once installed, make a free account, verify the email (10minutemail is fine) and log in. Above the list of games, which will be filled with games that aren't S.W.A.T. 4 so we don't like, will be a drop down menu. Select "My Games" from this list. Now suddenly, we only see S.W.A.T. 4, S.W.A.T. 4 The Stetchkob Syndicate and any other games you have that GameRanger can run servers for.
Find the server for S.W.A.T. 4 TSS (We don't use S.W.A.T. 4 vanilla servers, as there's not as many maps/content) that was posted in the thread. Usually with have "v", "vee", "Holla Forums" or "[long-string-of-naughty-words]". Join it, shitpost with other anons in the chatbox for 20 seconds. Go to the File > Options in the toolbar, and select the pathway for S.W.A.T. 4 TSS to be the SWAT4X.exe you placed in SFFMODV3.1. NOT THE ONE IN CONTENTEXPANSION. Hit "Join" in the bottom right corner. Game launches.

On the Main Menu, hit Join Server, set mode to LAN in the bottom-right, hit "update" and boom, server appears. Join it. To change your name from player, go to the Options menu. It's under "Game Options".

Now you are 100% complete, and it seems a bit too long, but it's worth it to help clean up the streets of Los Angeles, or wherever the game is set.

There are a few other things you can do to make the game a bit nicer, like remove the 10 second dispatch intros, which can cause freezing, or remove GameRanger ads.

To remove dispatch, go to the folder included with SSFmod that is named something to do with dispatch or voiceovers, I don't know it's name exactly. There will be a bunch of VO files in it. Drag and drop into S.W.A.T. 4 directory, replace the files already there, and now you've got a silent dispatch that doesn't freeze you.
(It's not guaranteed to freeze, it's case by case.)

To remove GameRangers ads, go to C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/
Open up hosts with something like Notepad. Go to the bottom, make a new line and copy paste the IP addresses from this PasteBin:
pastebin.com/ZzvS7E3s
Save, make sure the file has NO extension, and now you have no ads.

This is probably wrong at some point, but it's everything I recall doing myself, so if an user could follow this guide and tell me if/when/where it fails, I can edit this quickly.

you don't need the rghost map pack update link if you get it from the moddb

daemontools contains chinese spyware

you also actually need a tss crack

Chinese Spyware? My favourite. Should probably find a new tool, then.

The SWAT4X.exe crack you place in SSFmodv3.1 is the same thing, so you can put that into both ContentExpansion and SSDModv3.1.

TRAILERS

gonna host in a couple hours, finish your shit

alright let's do this, gameranger room's up

Password?

infv
what are you new

n-no

bump, get in here

bump, faggots, 3 guys in atm

started the server, doing some vanilla and remixed/meme hardcore vanilla maps for a start.

This was the game whereas if you leaned into a wall, the entire map AI would know where you were and track you?

yes but its moded to fix it

that's not a crack user that's a launcher that runs the original tss exe to launch the mod

set the .exe that gameranger runs to swat4x.exe in the mod folder instead of the tss .exe if you have trouble connecting
also don't use any custom AI files, neither .u or .ini
we're using the default ssf ones for now but will switch later, you'll know when we do.
4 people in right now

bump, game's running right now

takin a vodka break, might host a bit later today
but top player count of 5 you gotta be shitting me /vee/

Should there be another game tomorrow or is everyone done?

for now everyone's gone, might start tomorrow again at about the same time as today. hopefully there's gonna be more people than fucking 5

Trying to download and install, fuck me there's a lot of instructions.
I can generally do weekends though if you want to make this a common occurrence.

Damn, I missed it.
Fucking timezones.

I just spent more time than I'd like to admit figuring out the passwords for the repack provided in the OP. If anyone else is curious, the passwords for the two archives are the folder names themselves: SWAT-4_1.1-and-expansion and SWAT-4-Sources-Installer+Mods respectively.

You anons ready to break some legs?

Give them a year to even announce it, 3-4 to show anything worth playing.

bump, anyone to host? I would but it crashed everytime I click host.

Holy fuck its still downloading?
I wanted to play this fucking game today.

Is this gonna be a regular thing again? can we do rad ops next week?

I dl'ed the repack and followed this guide to get it all installed. I'm pretty sure it's all up and running. My main problem was the exe I moved to the SFF system folder wouldn't work. In addition to the SWAT4.exe there is a text file called command.txt and a batch file that also need to be moved into the same folder as the exe. That fixed it for me. I'll be lurking in this thread Sunday and hopefully get to protect and serve the shit out of some criminal scum with you faggots.

I don't remember having to move textfiles when I was installing, so didn't chuck them in my guide.
Might have something to do with the download. An user said the files in OP were password protected, but I got them from the Share Thread and they had no password, so there may be a difference in the files/crack somehow.

Americans haven't had Sunday yet, fully, so there's still another day. Weekly events would be nice, though I'd imagine the maps would get stale after playing them two or three times each.

Any anons up for a game right now? I can try hosting, but not sure how well my shitty connection will fare.

I'm still downloading since last night, fuck me haven't even got the DLC stuff downloaded either.

Hope it goes well, fellow slow-download user.
Are you using the MEGA or torrent? Torrent may have few seeders.

MEGA I'm at 74% so I'm committed now.

I FUCKING DOWNLOADED THE WRONG FUCKING MEGA SUN OF A BITCH

I'm sorry anons i just can't download this stuff ;_; it keeps preventing me by warning me it's malware or the sites just wont allow me to download the fixes, claiming they're hotlinks or someshit.

What are you using, Chrome?
Have you tried using a different browser?
Have you tried disabling your antivirus?

I'm using waterfox, no script, https everywhere etc.
Also I have potato internet.

Try disabling your plugin, 90% it's them blocking the downloads.

Well, managed to start downloading SWAT 4 and part of a map pack, this will take a while though.

Yet the MP runs so well…

I feel your pain, user.
Try swapping to another browser, and double check you open the right MEGA this time.

Take all your time, we ain't gonna start again for some good hours.

Fuck, managed to download the swat rar but when I unpack it there's two more rars with in it, what's the pass to open them?
pic related is how I feel trying to sort this shit out.

Look here:

Thanks just started unpacking them, now I can't seem to get the map packs to download.

Well turns out I need a torrent client, what's a good one?

Well, you can try downloading it either from the MEGA or from the original torrent from ModdB. Try the other one if it doesn't work.

>>>Holla Forums

Deluge.
Grab the .torrent file or the copy the magnet URL (looks like a URL with magnet? at the start), click add torrent in top corner, click file or URL respectively, direct it to the .torrent or paste the magnet link. Boom, download starts.

Cheers, on it.

Ok so I the map pack I downloaded (the mega map pack) through MEGA is just full of yet more rars, do I unpak those or what? Because there's like twenty of the bastards.
Also I don't have a SWAT exe so I can run the game at all.

The map pack will have a file called "install_files.exe". Run that and it will install the maps.
You cannot install the maps if you don't have both the base game and expansion installed.

When you say you don't have the SWAT4.exe, do you mean you don't have it at all or don't have a cracked one?

I mean I had to move the mod one in to the game file but haven't tried running it yet, also this map pack doesn't have the install-files.exe.

Also I can run the game now but can't seem to install this bloody map pack.

So, uh, did I download the wrong map pack from the torrent?
I don't have an install_files.exe

Fuck it someone host and I'll try to join.

If there's no install_files.exe, what you need to do is open up every single .zip, .rar whatever compression, and drag and drop the files into /S.W.A.T. 4/Content/Maps OR /S.W.A.T. 4/ContentExpansion/Maps. Just merge the folders.

I just bunged them in the swat 4 folder and they replaced the files hope I didn't just bork it.
We'll see though when I try to join the serbian. (server)

Bump for interest later today

can host in a couple of hours
not sure about a weekend thing outta this yet, never hosted more than 2 weeks in a row before

Ight lad, still no idea if I've set this up right but I'm willing to have a go at playing when there's a host up.

room's going up on gaymeranger, password is infv

it aint that hard unless you downloaded the map pack from moddb with separate archives for everything, but even then it's more annoying than complicated

Where you all at, lads?
Get in for police brutality

Tell me the name of the serber then fag

wew mate

If you don't automatically join the server, then go to the server browser from the menu, hit update/refresh and you should see the server.

Keeps saying joining server failed m8, so I must have cocked up somewhere

check from the gameranger options that the SWAT4X.exe that is launched is the one in the SSF3.1 mod folder

I changed it but now it just goes to black screen instead of starting the game up.
I have to be very quick then to task manager SWAT 4 stetchkov shut.

Well shit, I guess I'll have to try next weekend when I have free time.
Thanks for trying to help me lad, guess I'm just too retarded to get it to work.

I will eventually play SWAT with Holla Forums one day, I swear it on Kek!

Bumping for awareness.
We'll be up again later, so keep your eyes on the thread.

TRAILERS STANDING BY

can host the shit if anyone's interested

I want to have an orgy with those bunny whatever cosplayers

I wouldn't mind someone hosting. I'm new to this and want to see if everything is set up properly.

gonna start the game in about 15-20 minutes a man's gotta shit
game ranger room's going up

GET IN HERE YOU CUNTS

I want to play as those bunnies in SWAT.

I want a Swat 5 where one of the missions is to raid an autistic Twitch streamer's house because of swatting.

Swatting mission incoming! Can we make a custom mission for that?

Are you supposed to rename the mod .exe file to Swat4X.exe because my folder didn't have anything but the one exe for the mod.

I'll try reinstalling it all but I set the launch exe to the one from the 3.1a folder which I had in the SSF mod system folder.

what do I do with the AI files?

see

Room name

okay I MIGHT have found the problem. When I would boot the .exe it would open the terminal and gave me an error about the file path not being specified. But the game would still boot and I didn't pay it any mind. I moved the .exe and the associated .txt and batch files up from the System folder to the base SSF mod folder and it doesn't give me that error on boot anymore. If you host anymore today I'd be willing to try again.

what a fucking clusterfuck. at least I had the game and the expansion installed and had fought those wars before already. all these map packs are retarded especially when there are a million mirrors and some have other stuff and some don't. Apparently the moddb link has everything?

Take a wild guess, theres like 4 SWAT4 rooms only and I'm 99.9999% certain you'd recognize the Holla Forums one.

they're optional, for now there's no use of them

will bring it up last time for today see if anyone joins, then will think if i should give it a try next weekend maybe with a dedicated server if i feel like giving out my IP

use the exe in the fucking mod folder

I repeat: I am using the SWAT4X.exe from the SSF 3.1A folder. In Gameranger I have it set to launch from Program Files x86/Sierra/Swat4/SSFModv3.1/Swat4.exe. I don't think that is my problem.

/Swat4X.exe I mean

I couldn't get it to work either and tried for 8 fucking hours.
Will have to try again next weekend as I'm in work all week from 5 am to 5pm then all I want to do is eat and sleep.

OP here, wtf happened.

Hostfag Rule 101: Make shit simple, im currently at the part where I have to patch the mod. What I dont see is

I dont know what I need and dont need. I am gonna host since why not but hopefully this will actually work.

anyway thought some other people would try hosting with only vanilla but didn't seem so unfortunately

any instructions were supposed to be:
install game
install expansion
install cracks for both (should have been in the download but I installed game a while back and think that it doesn't include a TSS crack)
install mod
overwrite mod stuff with patch stuff
install map pack (if you installed the one from mega you need the update later on in the thread)
in gameranger options switch the swat4x exe to the one in the mod folder

that tinyupload thing is only for if you get bug installing accepting the eula
reverting texture pack is just vanilla textures which don't even matter
alternate ai files were for testing was why they weren't mentioned in installation

*vanilla maps

SERVER LIVE ON GAMERANGER

Name: 8/v/ Operator Bullshit
Password: maga2016

lastly if you get italics in your name in GR means your connection's too crap with the current host to play, or the host needs to port forward

next time we do vanilla

Fuck me. Which AI file are guys using?

when I was on we reinstalled the ssf mod with its patch but DIDNT fuck with the AI. That seems to be the better thing to do.
I'm reinstalling the whole thing though

We'd probably be better off with an user setting it up correctly, then compressing and uploading it. If it ever borks, you can just uncompress the file again and you've got a fresh install.

Yeah, stuff for next time I guess.

IF YOU GOT THE GAME FROM THE MEGA YOU NEED THE TEXTURE REVERT

IT GOES IN THE VANILLA AND EXPANSION FOLDERS NOT THE MOD

^FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS THIS IS WHY I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO CONNECT TO ANYONE ALL DAY

We are right now

Thank you again based user for figuring out the textures were the problem.

server done gotta get shit together for next time

Time to see if I can join a game this time (seeing as I have a better router this time) and to completely overhall the repack.

I am working on updating them. Once done I'l re replacing them.

no one is hosting though

I`l try to host once I have everything setup.

tfw Holla Forums can't organise a piss up in a brewery.

forgot my face.

Alright maggots, I've suffered through getting the Mega repack from the OP up and running so here's a tutorial to make the process as simple and painless as possible.

YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING
The Swat 4 repack (in the OP); passwords for the 2 archives are the folder names "SWAT-4_1.1-and-expansion" and "SWAT-4-Sources-Installer+Mods" without quotes, the map pack update (Mega Map pack is included in the repack), the SSF mod, the SSF 3.1a update, and Gameranger.

STEP 1: INSTALL THE FUCKING GAME WITH THE INSTALLER YOU WORMS
Shit's easy and painless. No need to worry about fixes or cracks. It just works right out of the box. You should be able to boot up both the vanilla game and TSS at this point.

STEP 2: REVERT THE TEXTURES
In the mod folder there is another folder called Texture Backup. Merge the folders contained within with your root Swat 4 install.

STEP 3: EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE SSF MOD
The base SSF mod has an installer. Point it to your Swat 4 install and let it do its work. The 3.1a update must be installed manually. Merge the folder SSFModv3.1 with the folder of the same name in your root install. Then take the contents of the NoRadioDispatch folder and merge it with your root as well. Don't bother with the AI files. Overwrite files as needed during this step.

STEP 4: EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE MAP PACKS
The Mega Map Pack (provided in the repack mod folder) has a command prompt installer. If you installed Swat 4 into a normal file path(like C/Sierra/Swat 4 or Program Files x86/Sierra/Swat 4), it will automatically locate it. If you installed it somewhere weird, then you have to spell out the filepath in the terminal. When I ran the installer, it said that all the maps were already installed. DO IT ANYWAYS JUST TO BE SURE. The map pack update must be installed manually. Merge the Content and Content Expansion folders to your root install, overwriting files as it asks.

STEP 5: GAMERANGER
Install Gameranger and make an account. Go into the Options menu and scroll down to Swat 4 TSS. Set the launch .exe to Swat4X.exe located in the SSFModv3.1 folder. When you join a room make sure you DON'T have an instance of the game already running. When the host starts the game up it will boot on your end as well. If for any reason you leave the game and want to join back in, or if you join a room where the game has already started, you click on the Join Game button in the bottom right hand corner of the lobby menu. When the game boots up you select the Join Multiplayer option and look for the server list under LAN. Connect to the server and enjoy.

This should be the correct procedure to getting the game up and running in as simple a set of instructions as I can provide. If you didn't get the Mega repack of Swat 4 and want to follow this tutorial, then know that you WILL have to install cracks yourself for the base game + the expansion, however you WON'T have to worry about reverting textures. Also depending on where you got the Mega Map Pack from your installation of that will be different. You might have to install the whole thing manually (which would be a simple matter of copying files to the root folder), and it might already come with the map updates installed. It would all depend on where you got it from. Happy protecting and serving. Now I wrote all this up before I could get online and check the thread and I'm happy to hear that is updating the Mega link. Hopefully some of these steps will be simplified or removed. But at the moment, this is the proper way to get the game working.

The archives are ready to upload, once I get the login details. The new version is an extract and play, if I have managed to set it up right. Same password scheme for both new archives. Once they are both uploaded I'l remove the older ones unless there is no space left, in that case they will go first.

That is true

SERVER LIVE ON GAMERANGER

Name: 8/v/ Operator Bullshit

Password: maga2016

I'll be there in a few minutes

Calling all Special Memes and Tactics officers

I'l join once the archive's have uploaded.
New link, I seemed to have currently missplaced the text file with the radcorp mega and everything else, along with the GameRanger login. Oh well, soon it will be time to respond with ever so slightly less than lethal force.
mega.nz/#F!zYUSBQQZ!qjPlImJQV8zKG4WG4ebUXA

Not today sir

Hosting a server.
TRAILERS
TRAILERS-2016

I am going to have to completely reinstall and setup the repack, what fun as I know that I messed up installing the SSF mod (I thought that the system folder was meant overwrite the base games files). Hopefully it will still be connectable.

It is not sadly, can some one else host while I reinstall?

I can host, but are there any anons about to play apart from you?

I two join over the short life of the room.

*had two

Now that I have reinstalled, hopefully I have set it up right this time.
TRAILERS
TRAILERS-2016
3 rounds per map and 3 minutes between rounds.

SWAT 3 best girl. I hope you all get v&.

Do you guys like rainbow six webms.
no im not talking about rainbow "csgo" six

Seeing as they are very similar, hell yes.

Is that a mod for RS3?

Yes, Raven Shield 2.0 + Malleus' AI Mod overwriting 2.0's AI.
RS 2.0 adds iron sights and better textures and player/enemy models. Malleus makes the AI of both sides drastically different on levels depending on the situation. (For example on the first mission the AI for the enemies is reduced because they're mediocre terrorists.)
The link to mallius is in the description and 2.0 is a google search away.

Forgot to mention you have to edit a few files for 2.0, otherwise you have a really shitty gas mask hud for the entire game.

Well fuck.

2.0 got dmca'ed you can find it by other means :^)
gamepressure.com/download.asp?ID=51022

Mallius is here
mediafire.com/file/g103wsgujsg88xc/M_AIMod_105C_b1.rar

Be warned on the 2nd mean processing mission the AI will do jack shit and will let the unarmed druggies detonate the bombs.

Why?

Because its ubisoft, they forced their hand on the modders because 'muh copyright'

I love how they pull that shit but do fuck all with the property. Not that I'd want them to presently.

Although a lackluster and seemingly rushed project, Siege does have some very talented people behind it and genuinely seems like people put their heart in the project. Sound design and destruction are notable examples.
It's still kinda shit though

If you want people to play with you don't have autism
When you get your shit working, .7z or .tar.lzma it and make a torrent/mega

Using the one from the share thread gave me a new error, however I know the cause. So cross fingers it will "just work". My cynical side suggests that it is unlikely becauses software, specifically networking and wifi are a bitch.

niggers

After doing a reinstall and just adding the mod and patch, making shure to copy into the right place I still get " * WARNING - PATHS MAY NOT BE VALID *" In the log file. I may as well give up and see what happens not everyone is ready up in time.
Same details as before.

Bump.
Any breekis want to get cheeki and bring order to the chaos?

I kept the tab open and it finished today.

DOWNLOAD J DOWNLOADER 2 YOU FUCKING COCK SUCKER. Then copy the url and download via j

I'm not into wahtever this thread is bnut i can confirm Jdownloader doesn't work with mega anymore, you always get the "bandwidth quota exceeded" message even after IP resets

I downloaded stuff today and yesterday but it never said that

wong

change that name ye twat

Windows 8 and up can mount .iso files
Otherwise stick to MagicISO

is anyone still playing swat 3?

I have setup a CO-OP room,
Name:you-are-in-the-way
Pass:SWAT-2016
Also having the dedicated server not working (at least for me) isn't a problem as the regular setup should work as needed.

Personally I would suggest WinCDEmu as it is barebones and libre.

It is for a older room, that said I agree. Why draw a massive glowing target on your back?

Sometimes.

Having the dedicated server not working (at least for me) isn't a problem as the regular setup should work as needed.

Personally I would suggest WinCDEmu as it is barebones and libre.

It is for a older room, that said I agree. Why draw a massive glowing target on your back?

Sometimes.

I have setup a CO-OP room,
Name:you-are-in-the-way
Pass:SWAT-2016

I`l rehost in about 10-20 minutes.

Hopefully some nerd puts it in the next OP if there is any.
To save anons from the autism of installing this i installed it myself, compressed the thing and uploaded it to MEGA. You'll still have to install gameranger yourself since it involves creating/using an account.
I also capped user's guide for future reference
Download link: mega.nz/#!0NcUVaRK!Y6cQkzu1yIjPhTlGTRR96gP_JvQHaNPvkno-efstpsY

Also do any server settings need changing? e.g, is number of rounds/time between round/Mission Ready time too high? Also hopefully I can increase the player cap to match the room`s.

ty user

I`l take the easy route and change the room to the server`s max.

Yeah, i stripped the mod readme folder (36~MB) and the modding sdk (nearly 3MB) and compressed the whole thing with lzma2 and a 1024MB dictionary
Here's 7zip showing some info

You didn't need the additional files archive as it contains just the source files. If you wanted to just play, the named archive had you covered.

What is like having >45 GiB of RAM and what do you use it for?

He darts around threads compressing our games for us.

Whoops
One thing i forgot to do and user's guide doesn't show, get the TSS crack and put it in the game.
I'll use that as an excuse to strip more useless files and also the intro cutscenes then i'll reupload the game and post again

the fuck are you retards doing

Bumpth
Name:you-are-in-the-way-sir
pass:Element-2016

fuck outta here

fixed download
mega.nz/#!pF0A0YKZ!vbMMfuA4altNhKq-Nc7jPXzLzFVSaUNOWzEU6f0T9n8
stripped of useless shit and intro cutscenes, heavily compressed and ready to play save for still requiring you to install gameranger

What's the matter user? a0ab has been hosting for ages.

Should we make a new thread for tomorrow or keep this one?

The rules say we have to wait till 700 or pg15, but fuck that, we need the new MEGA links in the OP, and we're almost at bump limit anyways.
Mods aren't complete cunts.

user did you try hosting or joining to make sure it worked?

I'l test it tomorrow when I can. Hopefully I can also reduce it even further.

you're not me you fat twat

I tried the base game but not the DLC or the mod, now it just works

Can't OP delete his own thread when someone makes a new one?

"So fucking what" is wrong with a little friendly competition? Also I tried last night and it managed to regress in file size.
Just a FYI, there is a massive difference between starting up and being able to host/connect. Does the dedicated server work now?

for a second i thought you were trying to pretend you were me
pls no bully

I reported it to the janitors because I'd cleared my cookies since last week but they wouldn't do anything about it so looks like SWAT is going to die because I can't make a new thread with updated info.

700 post / page 13 limit is kind of shit since the board has slowed down since last year.

I can't just delete the thread like that.
I could either update the OP with the new info if you give it to me or, if really necessary, make an exception and lock this old thread when the new one is made. That's a one time thing though.

If anyone wants to make the next thread whenever this one is about to die, here is the updated pasta:
ghostbin.com/paste/z23zr

Eh, we'll see what other anons want.

Okay. I can update the OP with any time if people want that.

SIR, YES SIR!

Since you bumped might as well try to get to 300 for now, anyone willing to host?

I and the user's that I team up are in the process of very slowly creating in list of decent and horrible maps from the map pack, further assistance would be greatly appeaciated. so far
Cabin Fever Renovate TSS
Sealmap renovate TSS

Well it would be impossible to do so as there is clearly visible and totally different ID's. If this was on >>Holla Forums as I would see you point, in that case I would hopefully make it clear that I am a different user.Not need to appolgise.

Yes, I am hosting with (in the default method rather that the dedicated server mode) to see if it will work. Same details as

That map maker needs to be purged.
We died from either the base jumping start, the trucks that drive diagonally and crush you or the enemies hidden behind the draw distance fog of 2m.
It was funny, though.

THE NEW MEGA REPACK USES THE MODIFIED AI FILES FROM THE 3.1A FOLDER FOLLOW ON HOW TO CHANGE YOUR AI FILES IF YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH PEOPLE USING THE NEW REPACK

I will be hosting for another thirty minutes.

Can someone just fucking uniform everything into one fucking working install and .zip it. It would save everyone a lot of trouble and more people would be able to join.

This is a clusterfuck.

We are now on page 13. New thread with used,

It's not at the bump limit newfag.

Vol said it was fine and they'd lock this thread.