I've heard you guys rave about this game but I just can't get into it, what exactly do you like about it?

I've heard you guys rave about this game but I just can't get into it, what exactly do you like about it?

Making loli warriors.

change your class OP. trust me on this

Alright, I'll give that a try then.

You have to go back.

no u

I wanted to get it but the reviews are really putting me off. Like supposedly it gets repetitive and that there's a yuge problem with the save system.

One save file per user, just use a save manager from Nexus

It seems to me that this game appeals to a specific audience which I'm apparently not a part of. I've put 7 hours into it so far and I don't really get the hype.

Did you find skyrim enjoyable even if it was at its core a shitty game?
Do you like japanese trash?

Then DD:DA is the game for you

Yes to the first, no to the latter.

Then you have a 50% chance of liking it

I had the same feeling when I first played it, but keep doing the main story and you'll enjoy it.

Some people like things and some people don't
Maybe it's not for you

I swear you show up in every Dragon's Dogma thread spouting this "Japanese Skyrim" bullshit.

I pirated and played the game until after the hydra thing. I liked it a lot and wanted to buy it, but the issue is that if that's all there is to the game and then later it's just repeating the same shit over and over, then screw that. Like I'm not sure how long the game is.

No shit

You got me
But that doesn't make me any less right

DD isn't a bad game, it has redeeming traits, just like Skyrim. But is it AMAZING? Nah.

By "the hydra thing" do you mean the first hydra in the campsite, or the archhydra in the Everfall? Because if it's the first one that's like twenty minutes into the game, of course there's more to it than that.

You being wrong makes you less right.

That was the vibe I was getting that is putting me off buying it. It gave me that retarded japanese mmo feeling of telling me to run to the other side of the map and kill five wolves and get ten pelts and do it all over again while all the characters act noble and overly polite with cringe dialogue that I got from the pawns.

Yeah the first.

Its just ok up until BBI, then it gets real good.
"post"-game is also pretty tense.

I wish they would just release a sequel already, but all the dungeons similar to the level of FUN BBI had.

Except he isn't wrong.
The game's okay but it's nowhere near the diamond in the rough you lot make it out to be.

It literally is just Japanese skyrim.

BBI spoops me

Opinion noted, you don't have to post it in every thread.

It's just fun to make autists mad
sorry

You inspire actual retards to follow suit , so you should be

Faggot.

I don't know any other game that lets you grapple onto a griffin as it tries to fly away, light its wings on fire, and ride it as it crashes into the ground where your party members are waiting to tear it a new one, while being completely unscripted.

Thanks, user. You've convinced me to buy the game with that clear and well thought out remark.

I'm not saying I'm not right
I just also like to wind up DDfags

Oh boy the fucking grappling

My only regret is I cannot grapple Death.

You prefer to let steam reviews color your opinion, you're not anyone worth regarding respectfully. You also posted a lucariofag gif.

You're welcome, faggot.

You keep acting like a fag and I'll keep calling you a fag.

Its okay and short. A lot of weebfaggots circle jerk over it cause you can make pedo shit. Thats it really. Its all designed to be a MMORPG that got released later, so it is purely equipment based. Just go play Dark Souls instead.

I love you too, guys.

they're both fantasy games so they must be the same :^)

Nothing , we like nothing

If you've only played up tot he first hydra you're missing the good parts of the game. The dungeons are fun and pretty unique, and there are some great bossfights. Plus you only have access to 1/3rd of the classes, and I find switching between them often to be some of the most fun in the game.

I'm surprised you were able to fit so much bullshit in one post

ilu2 but relying on reviews and giving up on a game so quickly is pretty gay, man

You know whats also shit?
Earth Defense Force
I went to play it with the highest expectations, expecting the finest of Serious Sam clones and instead I got a buggy mess of a game.
Fuck you for shilling this niche game to me Holla Forums you contrarian fucks.

Faggot.

i thought it was good

You know what, I think I'm just not going to buy it and keep working on my drawing skills so I can make vidya.

heh

Well my buddy just gave me this game as a gift. Go in blind?

Not sure what those have to do with each other but enjoy yourself

Its total fucking trash
Holla Forums told me it was great and as the collective hivemind with the same taste in vidya they are, should be always right.
How dare they criticize videogames and then suck up to this shit?
Game is full of fucking bugs making it nearly unplayable and the grind and game lenght is just too much.
Wheres all the modern commodities of big Triple A games I'm used to?

Because you learn to draw, then you learn how model 3D, then you animate and then you pay someone else to deal with the sound and level design because fuck that.

Stay mad you fucking pedo weeb faggots. When you die, no one will remember you.

Oh yeah dude, ignore any weebshit recommendations from neo Holla Forums, countless anons have admitted they play shitty jrpgs and weebshit VN, and thats it. Just like Mark.

Your mother will.

this thread is reeking of reddit

go take your unpopular opinions somewhere else

figuring out what the fuck is going on, playing it like i would any other game. got burned out because i didnt understand game's systems

know how to progress, game is remarkably less shit. port crystals, shortcuts, gearing up, opening content i missed before all that good shit. completionism.

mechanics and pawn/min-maxing autism begins

the monsters are neat at first but after so long of playing the game i find most of them annoy me except a handful.

Being a wizard and casting huge shit.

Nigger what?

To me, Dragon's Dogma is all about the dungeons. The game comes so close to being the perfect dungeon simulator:

Ultimately this game is a seriously flawed but highly original and interesting gem. It's got a bunch of problems and some of its fresh ideas weren't very well-realized, but I can forgive all that because it tries something new. Also mods can fix a lot of my complaints, except for the goddamn weapon damage system

It's great because of what it aimed for, even if it failed to reach it. It's not something like a bethesda game or dragon age which was fucked from the start by retarded design goals and decisions, yet had millions of dollars poured into it nonetheless. The difference matters a great deal to bitter Holla Forumsirgins, I've observed.

Combat is also better than 99.9% of western action rpgs despite it's flaws, so there's that to consider too.

That's the whole point of the game. You are supposed to shoot them.

while I really shouldn't, I'm pretending to bee retarded user, I think my posts are pretty blatant

NIGGERS SPICS FAGGOTS GOOKS N CHINKS
WHO COULD BE BEHIND THIS THREAD

you need to go back

Nigger what? I honestly can't remember any bug that actually affected anything.

Also, DD lets you do shit like this, and the combat is actually fun, so it's instantly better than "japanese skyrim".

Did you fail the quest?

This, so hard. The games that Holla Forums tend to get hard over and make flavour of the month are ALWAYS deeply flawed games that are just original and have something nothing else does. Luckily I love shit like that.

I fell for your first post, but the second started to be obvious.
Don't pretend to be dumb unless it's actually funny, user. If you're not actually making a joke out of it, all you're doing is making people with shit taste think others think the same, and then they'll post more about their dumb shit.

Which one? If you're talking about the webm, I just did the quest where that whore rats you out to the duke after asking for your help, so I threw her off the cliff because her later things didn't really interest me.

Japanese trash, that's the only appeal. I dont like it either, I downloaded it but it's the japanese skirim. Credit when it's due, the combat is better but that's all, it's a japanese skirim with combat mods

Sure. Japanese skyrim with better combat, better enemies, MUCH better dungeons, better movement, better RPG-like character building aspects (which is impressive since DD is rather shallow at that end, but in skyrim they're nonexistent), better atmosphere (near-end-of-the-world setting always feels nice in a japgame), more interesting side characters overall, and a MUCH more interesting way the player fits into the world (not much caters to the player in DD after the tutorial, you can fuck up a lot of things. Skyrimjob makes sure everything in the entire game waits for you and you do everything ever because you're the dragonborn).

Dragon's Dogma is a better game than Skyrim in literally every way, and really isn't even similar enough to compare. There's one brief segment like 1/4 into the game where a couple hours feel a little bit elder scrolls esque with the exploration alone, but otherwise there's no comparison and you guys are fucking retarded.

The "it's like a bad MMO for the first quarter" comparisons are totally legit, though. The opening of the game sucks ass and leaves a bad impression.

The game becomes a big chore once you've done enough of it. The spawns are set forever so there is no change from the first encounter.

It never even got completed. It's only half as good as it could have been.

Stunning the enemies then picking them up and throwing them off cliffs. Endless fun.

The only thing that really pisses me off in this game is that enemy caster can target you through walls. One of the treasure chest tentacles killed me with his instant kill cast through a wall while I was stuck in a casting animation. This was after I had cleared a whole bunch of shit and an elder ogre without saving. Besides that though I do enjoy the game. Only other thing that bothers me sometimes is that armor and weapons have drop rates from chests. I don't like to farm chests.

THE WIND IS PUSHING MEEEE

This Japanese Skyrim meme is pretty retarded. Dragon's Dogma is nothing like Skyrim. Skyrim is just Oblivion part 2: electric boogaloo. Skyrim is an open world exploration game with some very basic combat elements, wrapped around a series of static questlines that never deviate from their intended outcome. You can be a 2 handed viking warrior, a sword and board knight, a mage, an archer/thief, and everything else all at once.

Dragon's Dogma has a great combat system, a variety of enemies to fight, and a main questline that is sprinkled with some story-centric side quests that have some minor variation in outcome and a set of your typical pseudo MMO fetch quests. Although it is true that you can technically use any class at your leisure, you must commit to that class and you can't change while out in the field. This, coupled with your party's composition, will determine success or failure. It's not very deep, but at least crapcom made some effort at giving the players some nuanced enemy types that are resistant to specific elements while being weak to others (the phantasms immediately come to mind, as well as magic armor; undead near the Abbey are weak against both fire and holy magic, but if you use holy they won't explode, so you won't risk taking damage, etc)

The main focus in Skyrim is exploration with combat as a vehicle by which exploration is facilitated. Dragon's Dogma's main focus is combat that is facilitated by some light exploration and other pseudo MMO elements. I guess both games are pretty fucking generic when you get right down to it, so I can see how retards could draw retarded conclusions based on superficial similarities, but the fundamental difference between the two games is that they each try to do different things.

Both games are very flawed, but they only have superficial similarities (hurr durr an open world fantasy game)

He's right though.

This pretty much describes my tastes in a lot of cases, which I guess is why I'm still here after all these years. Nobody wants to take my game recommendations because they can't look past the technical problems or the work required to make the game run as you like.

This is understandable if he got a few hours into the game. I'll take a wild stab and say he only just started on Liberty Island but I'd be royally pissed too if I got hours into a game and lost all that progress. My fault, sure, but I'd still be pissed.

Skyrim has no redeeming traits.

Apparently, it is an ARPG that doesn't just use the Action as a crutch for lack of RPG elements.

I hate shitrim but it has:
Those were all the ones I can think of, and while there aren't many there is certainly more redeeming traits than "none"

I just purchased this game on Valves social media platform.

Are they any tips or things I should know before diving in.
I get really triggered when I play a game and miss 90% of the "good content" because it was progress locked or time based. Fucking Bamham arkem sitty.

Everything dragons dogma offers, a different rpg does better in some aspect of it. But DD's decent enough in every category to make it appealing as fuck.
More world building dialogue would have been nice. But the games ending was pretty damn interesting so fuck it I thought at least the story was good though.

In the future they need to double down on the enemy variety/weaknesses and add more quests/dungeons and they've got a GOAT.
Shoot cyclops in the eye type of shit, you know?

You can miss some quests by progressing through the main questline, but it's really obvious where those points are. Also there's ng+ if you missed anything.

Oh, you poor thing.

Did you ever notice that these people aren't wearing anything interesting or worth taking?

lolno

Unmute the game once in a while. Or don't; that's the smarter option.

Not even a little bit.

Yeah, 'cause Bethesda sure isn't gonna make the game good.

yes? That is a different problem entirely.

Look I get it, you really hate shitrim, but just because it's an awful game doesn't mean absolutely everything about it is as shit as the rest. The world is not black and white.

The point isn't even that most of these elements are good, they're just better than or comparable to what other game's offer. I get that you're new here and you're just trying to fit in but this just makes it obvious, though not as obvious as your reddit spacing (hint: you don't need to create two newlines here). Please lurk until you think you are familiar with this place or at least just try posting on Holla Forums while you learn because it's as shitty as you anyways.

You can be a little girl.

You're full of shit though, the game plays absolutely nothing like Skyrim at all.

I feel the same way.
Have 8~ hours of so of actual game time and I'm not sure why but it doesn't hook me.

I want to like the game, but I just feel like I'm bumbling my way through and I have no idea what I'm doing.

There's almost no right way to play this. It's actually detrimental to the experience to just press through the main questline as fast as you can. Do side quests from bulletin boards. Find a waifu, give her presents. Get better at fighting progressively more powerful monsters. If you're getting bored before you've gotten above level 130, you are giving up too quickly or aren't actually doing anything.

Try different vocations and make sure to pick up the advanced skills for them (shit like Arc of Deliverance). Also you'll have the most fun either wandering around the world exploring or going to Bitterblack Isle, quests are usually pretty shit.

It is a love it or hate it kind of game though. I personally love it but I can complain about it endlessly because it does some things far better than any other game and other things far worse. It really just depends on how much you care about the things that are good (like [TECHNOLOGY] or character creation) and how little you care about the things that are shit (quests and amount of content).

I got max equipment and beat BBI by level 90 ish, so it's not really a level thing. But people who give up before the half-way point are missing the best parts of the game.

Dragon's Dogma has extremely fun gameplay in a bland world.

It doesn't play like skyrim at all though

The only concise review in this thread.

Its alright grabbing monster and then beating the shit out of them is fun. Story, world, characters and all the other fluff are trash though.

Man I really need to go back to my MK, having hundreds of projectiles on the screen without the console shitting itself was amazing

A true western RPG, nature, green and brown, old English speak, mythic beasts giving majestic fights, making a group of travellers (including lolis).

Music : A
Story : B+ (I really like how crazy it goes, in that part it's mostly japanese-styled than western-styled
Combat : B
Size of the game : B+
Game balance : C
Graphics : C
Graphic design : A
Novelty : A
Character creation : B
AI : C
Expansion : D
Replayability : B
Level design : A+

Got any games that score an A here?

Are you high?

Imagine if Capcom wasn't retarded and noticed the game's potential to shake the entire fantasy RPG market.

We'd have a properly-made and complete DD2 instead of that DDO horseshit.

What kind of drugs are you on son?
If anything it should be level design B nothing special but very good overall and Combat A+ nothing like climbing a cyclops and fucking knife is eye out

Yeah, Honey Select.

Level design is made so that exploring is fun, that's super hard and rare to find. The vistas are also beautiful to see.

Combat is good, but not great, it's cool you can jump, grab and throw, and the spells are cool too, but you got X-X-X as a combo over and over, zoning is not as tight as Dark Souls, the fighter strong attack then hold is useless, just like the warrior one. I mean, Bamham gets a D in combat, DD gets a B, B isn't bad.

I haven't played in months and I decided to load it up again today. I ended up playing for around 4-5 hours without even really trying.

Once you get into this game and understand it for what it is, it's incredibly engrossing. A game that I could easily waste another 80+ hours on without even really trying.

user no it still hurts

Agreed, even fucking Nintendo knows how much potential there is here which is why they're taking heavy inspiration from DD in BotW.

The fact that DD sold as decently as it did despite being 1/4 finished, horribly unmarketed, and barely functional for 5 years (console versions have black bars and 20FPS) is insane and crapcom are absolutely retarded for not having 100% of their employees either working on DD2 or a spiritual sequel. This shit would steal the Skyrim audience plus anyone that likes monhun or Dark Souls, but nope we gotta spend our money hiring shitty western devs to bastardize our IPs and shit out gigantic failures like DmC and DR3/4.

I hear this is an H-game, can you do anything other than make waifus in it?

Right, it's a bad game.

It's unmatched as far as high fantasy action games go and comes from a team with a huge amount of experience with action games, B is an insult. Based on your description I'm not sure you've spent that much time with the combat, especially with the "X-X-X as a combo over and over" comment. And the comparison to Souls.

I love DD dude but in comparison to Devil May Cry 3/4 it doesn't deserve an A.

Also, holy fuck the amount of shitposters still trying to push this "japanese skyrim" meme is ridiculous.

At this point, I'd accept another game in the same style (Class-based, Fantasy world, real-time action combat with combos and special attacks, stamina bar, inventory management, the full 9 yards..) that wasn't a sequel to DD. Doesn't have to be the same setting and storyline and all that shit. Just take everything they learned with DD and make it again, but better, in a new, more expanded setting.

Sure, Gran Soren has some charm to it and certain things grow on you over time, but if we could just get another game that lived up to the ambition they had when they started making DD in the first place, I could go on living knowing there was hope for this god forsaken industry.

And I would love to stop hearing "I love X but…" as a qualifier in posts, but here we are.

Which are both an SSS in combat and a different genre entirely. If you can name a comparable game to DD with a better combat system I'll an hero on camera.

The cyclops AI is made that it will throw you away immediately, his eye isn't his real weak spot unless you are an archer.

Also, I gave an A for novelty, climbing bosses is a novelty.

You can fug them

You speak against my word but you bring none of your own, the game as a whole is great I'd say an A or A+ (S-rank would be perfect). But imagine if the game was only the combat, it'd be nothing to come about.

Being a sorcerer and customization. At the beginning of my first playthrough, I made a middle-aged man and an apprentice loli pawn. Every couple of quests, I'd make them older each time until my character was a powerful wizard and my loli was a young woman just as powerful. It was pretty fun and quite touching too. I had a paternal connection with my pawn.

Fine, do you want an essay on why the combat is great? I can go class by class.

That's more or less all it is from Grigori onwards, 2/3rds of the game.

classes are gay and so are you

So now we can't shit on ASSFAGGOTS because they have awful gameplay compared to real multiplayer games? DD combat is simply not as good as DMC's, lets just keep it nice and objective to make everything consistent and easily understandable. And the reason I qualified my post was to not come off as a "japanese skyrim" shitposter, I see that it was unnecessary now though.

Final Fantasy thrived by making entire new universes (except the FF10-2 cash in (AND FUCKING TORIYAMA'S WAIFU TRILOGY)), and for the most part it worked for them. I loved DD universe but (>>11315906 haha caught ya nigger) it wasn't so much exceptional that they wouldn't be able to create another equal or better. Only downside is that I would have hoped they would have kept Gransys area as a secret area you can explore later, like Pokémon Gold/silver with Kanto region.

The context make the combat better, the game is greater than the sum of its parts.

Point is, they set a pretty amazing baseline for the series. As long as they kept making games that were as good as DD:DA in terms of content and quality, but kept trying to build up and improve on the screwy things of the previous game, then they'd have the best action RPG series on the market.

That's not nice and objective or easily understandable at all because the two are barely comparable besides coming from the same team, you can at least draw a comparison between assfaggots and other multiplayer games. Read as a post from someone who tries DMC1 and then says the combat is bad because you only need to mash triangle to make it through the game on normal difficulty.

I don't think that's a meaningful phrase in itself, less so when it's being used to denigrate one of the parts

Well I quoted myself on accident but I meant the comment about "X-X-X as a combo over and over " for the DMC1 comparison

Damn nice, they way you play the game does have impact on its quality-time. Imagine being DSP and ruining every game you play.

Assuming Nintendo actually took tips from DD (which I think is highly likely), people don't seem to realize just how huge this is.

I mean, we're talking about Nintendo — the oldest major vidya company and one of the more stagnant ones in the industry — scrapping the classic, 2-3 decade old Zelda formula in favor of what was done in one of Capcom's premature births from 2012.

I'm a man, I can ignore small details that I don't like quite easily to continue liking something, The issues with combat are small details compared to the game as a whole.

Any VR fag try this with vorpx?

Again, I'm not talking about the game as a whole, I'm talking about the combat, and its low ranking. Comparatively the "Size of the game" gets a higher score despite the game famously having 60% of its content cut, don't try to dodge a defense for your scoring just because you like the rest of the game.

If I'm being unclear, you mention the single three-hit combo but make no mention of the alternative combos for each weapon and you shouldn't be using light attacks outside of the main quest's first run anyway. You also only mention two to three classes at best and two of them are pure reds.

I did not intend to keep sage on

I got 70 hours out of my first playthrough, they wanted to have 175 hours of content. 70 hours is good, most AAA games last 10-15.

Mostly shit, the most glaring flaw in the combat is that the combo are not situational at all, no strong attacks are not useful, no you won't pierce armor, no you can't switch to a bludgeon combo to attack skellies (except the dagger one), no you can't have a fast unforgiving but weak combo and a strong armor piecing irresistible combo, you just do X-X-X, everything else is just being fancy, there are few opportunities for tactics, the good ones being block -> grab -> armor penalty on foe -> friend attack the foe you have exposed, that's more the kind of combat design I would like to see, tactic -> reward.

The bow is good, jumping is good too as is rolling, which make combat as a yellow much more fun and the reds just weak.

To be clear, you understand "combat" goes far beyond the light and strong attacks and "combat" also encompasses more than just the melee combat? I see you threw in a sentence about yellows at the end but I want to make sure there isn't a miscommunication before I dump paragraphs on you.

I fucking love this game
But it could have been so much better and it kills me that I'll never get to enjoy it with it's full potential

The level of ambition is palpable. Made only worse if you read through the artbook and see all the crazy shit they had planned, and all the story notes they put in.

Blue Moon Tower was originally going to be a massive tower that pierced the multi-verse allowing players to traverse the tower to join each other's games. I think there was even talk of dungeons on the moon and shit.

Made even worse if you believe Itsuno when he says that he daydreamed about making this game when he was still in high school and all throughout his years at Capcom, I think a lot of people here could relate to that

Wait, really? I always thought that bar piercing each universe in that art was just to represent the pawns being able to travel from one to the other, basically.

But man, I agree with your first sentence.

9/10 bait, fairly clever, you'll get some retards with your pasta.

you faggots have failed me

I don't know about that game, but dog's dragma is pretty good

There were also plans to have colossal monsters

Business as usual

the TECHNOLOGY in this game is actually pretty impressive. for example, if you made a big beefcake character, you'll be able to carry more weight in your inventory but will have worse grip stamina for climbing stuff. or there are goblin tunnels that unless you're a tiny little manlet or loli you flat-out cannot enter and will never see. or if you go into water with a lit lantern it'll go out and you actually need to dry it out. or if you carry your pawn across patches of water for this exact reason they will learn that that's an actual good idea and will start doing it. or there are ogres that will exclusively grab female characters and run off with them, presumably to their rape lairs there are also gay ones who only grab men. or if you're light enough you can grab a harpy's feet and fly around with her. or or or or

there's so much shit going on behind the scenes and so much intelligent world-building and AI that i'm still surprised to this day that we were allowed something so beautiful

If they ever made a proper story-mode driven MonHun game, I would hope that they could get the DD team back together to do the whole thing justice..

To this day I hesitate to mention DDO because then you have autists coming to actually defend that abortion of a game
still the game is gook only so at least we are safe from generals

Get this through your fucking skull: NOBODY FUCKING CARES ABOUT YOUR SHIT GAME. You will continue to play it alone. Fuck off, shill.

PSO2

Harpy flying is the funniest shit
Also when they turn it around and snatch you up is hilarious

I have bashed in plenty of cyclops eyes as a slow ass warrior wielding the biggest 2h he could find

The first hydra fight is heavily scripted. Basically you kill the hydra, maybe do a few side quests, do the awful as fuck escort to the main city and then the game completely opens up to you. Once you reach Gran Soren and can start doing quests and exploring at will is when the game starts to shine.

I made an Arisen named Rance. Warrior. When I fought the story gryphon, I popped 4 of those extra damage items and charged up my Arc of Deliverance and 1 shot the fucker as it landed. I know there's a webm of another guy doing the same thing.

Strider is the grappling class. Get all the grappling passives and the grappling gloves and you'll be climbing shit super fucking fast while mobs won't be able to shake you off without consuming any stamina. Or you could use that Strider jump attack and destroy everything in your path.

You would have done more dps just bashing his legs.

its funny because soulsfags complained about DD being hard game because apparently it takes no skill

this is the main reason why DD is beloved aside from letting fight huge monsters. The game does little things that many devs have forgotten about. The gameplay accompanies those details which makes you appreciate them even more

Thank god capcom threw away the multiplayer ideas. I'm happy there never will be a DD2 because knowing modern games, it would probably be a multiplayer focused game that abandons and shits all over the original and its fanbase.

Wew man that was tough. One of the spell books actually end up saving me in the end. That was fun. Death is a total faggot though. I had to just run past him in the stockade. My attacks do fuck all damage to it.

Holy shit, look at this newfag