Dark Souls

Just replayed the whole series, besides Demon Souls cause my disc won't work and Bloodborne cause I borrowed a Ps4 to play that. Played offline so no invasions and not much covenant progression. What I am really wondering is why the fuck was the Dark Souls 2 DLC so fucking good? Three broken and destroyed kingdoms/king and how they all became corrupted. Also, what kinda Mods do these games have for PC? is it even that big of a community for it? I play a lot of Warband, and full conversion mods for it?

Neh. DaS2 DLC is shit.

cool story bro

brain problems

git gud

You're trying way to hard to fit in, Reddit. We're done here, enjoy your shit thread.

DaS2 is pretty shit.
DaS2 DLC was great, but "great" upon "shit" just amounts to "eh".

If i had to make an overall ranking it would be

1-DeS = BB
2-DaS
3-DaS3
4-DaS2

Even with all the DLCs it doesn't manage to even remotely reach any other souls game.
DaS3 is not especially good, but it still manages to be better than 2 (not a huge accomplishment, but still).

inb4 the usual guys complaining about the same shit every fucking thread SONY SHILLS U ONLY LIEK DES AND BB CUZ SONY SHIIILLL JEEEWSSS RRRREEEEEE etc.
Reality check, people like em because they're just that fucking good.
DaS1 was mediocre in comparison.
Deal with it already.

It's a long story. TL;DR, DS2's second director, Tanimura, is actually pretty good, and the DLCs are the result of what happens when he's actually given the time and control necessary to craft something of decent quality.

In contrast to the base game, where he took from the previous director something like 6 months before release, and had to oversee the reconstruction of most of the game's environments, since the build of the game they had at that point, with that cool lighting engine, ran like absolute shit on the consoles and they couldn't allow that. So they had to simplify all of the environments, remove as much complex geometry as possible, and take out the lighting engine. So he had to do that whilst also trying to slap the maps and story together in a way that somewhat made sense and played well. This was all because the previous director, Shibuya, basically just sat back and let each department do their own thing, hoping that in the end it would all just come together, which led to all of the environments being created in a vacuum with no regard for anything else, which is why most of the maps feel so detached from each other. At least this is what we've been able to gleam or infer from what little information has leaked out over time about DS2's development.

Not many mods though.

Ultimately DaS2 is shit because nobody gave a fuck.
He gave a little bit of a fuck when it came to DLCs, thus why they're good.
It's a problem DaS3 also shares, they didn't give a fuck.

It really is that simple, if you don't genuinely give a shit about the project you're working on, if you don't REALLY care deep down, the end result will range from shit to mediocre.
It's just how it is.

Bloodborne was good, but a little too weebish for me? If that makes sense. A lot of it felt forced and I respect focusing on combat more but it took away suspense and build ups in fights cause it was mostly RAGGING CRAZY BEAST! loved the aesthetics though and progression. The only reason I would put Dark Souls 1 as my top because I love medieval fantasy over the Victorian style, and I liked tanking shit with different builds. Also had Iron Tarkus.

u mad?

So what do you think aspired FromSoft to lose interest and passion for the series.
So if a new player is introduced to the series should they just go Demon Souls, Dark Souls then Bloodborne and stop?

Not the series in general, just the ones that start with Dark after the first one. They absolutely would not be making DaS2 or DaS3 if they weren't contractually obligated to, Namco nailed them down for a three game contract.

It's true that they've given up, but dem sales doe.

Honestly, yeah.
Bamco didn't exactly lose interest, Bamco would like to milk this series FOREVER as far as they're concerned.
It's just Miya that's sick and tired of it.
Miya had a vision, he tried to nail down that vision with DeS.
Sony didn't fully believe in his vision and also at the time it was incredibly niche.
So he tries to make "his own thing" with DaS and he manages to nail certain aspects but doesn't manage to implement TONS of shit into the game that he wanted to implement, thus why it's one of the souls games with the biggest amount of cut content.

Then as the rest of the team was bumbling around with DeS2 creating a big unfocused mess, talks between him and Sony started.
At that point, sony finally realized the potential of his mind and what they were actually risking to lose forever, so they gave him time, resources and proper marketing and most importantly free reign to do something that, while similiar to traditional souls game, was different enough to keep things interesting.
And thus, Miya made one last true passion project where he actually gave a fuck again, and BB was born.

It's safe to say that soulsborne is done for now and anything after that that STILL stubbornly clings to this series that isn't under the direction of Miya will most likely be an even bigger cash grab than DaS3.
So moving fowards Miya will try to do something completely different, he's done with this, he's explored it in any way he cared to.
He said he's doing a new Armored Core most likely, so look foward to that.

My exact ranking of the series and everything.

This isn't entirely true since he jumped on the project after it was already underway
The idea that DeS is or was "niche" is also misguided since FromSoft already had well over a decade of experience at the time and DeS was their most overwhelmingly popular release to date

Does Demon Souls use the engine that Armored Core uses? I only played the Ps1/Ps2 ones and I can't remember how they felt in contrast. Demon Souls has a whole level cut from the base game. How come these games are always so rushed/hard to make?

Here is some Dark Souls cut content as well.

However (and you should know this), Miya had to literally rebuilt what he was given from the ground up.
He had to start basically from scratch, there's a japanese interview where he stated something like "it was a mess", the progress he was presented with was a jumbled, directionless clusterfuck.

He didn't jump on DeS from day zero, but he might as well take all the credit for why it came out the way it did.
Don't forget he also introduced the idea of "die, go back to take your souls, if you die again you lose em".
Initially he even wanted to make the game permadeath and that was it, die in human form, die in souls form, that's it that character is perma fucked (to be fair, that idea was scrapped early on).

It's also not inaccurate at all to call DeS niche.
Sure, it sold more than their previous titles, but it was NOT popular, it was very much a "video game enthusiast" kinda title.
In fact, back in the day Holla Forums itself played a huge role in promoting the game via word of mouth.
The DeS community on Holla Forums tried to raise awareness about DeS for quite some time (and they succeeded, with predictable negative results i'm sure everyone that used to be part of that community regrets now).

I don't think so, at least not the PS1 or PS2 ones. Miya joined the company for AC4 so it might be built on that, but I don't remember AC using Havok.

Well the sixth archstone was repurposed into Bloodborne anyway, but in the end I would have preferred that they released DeS as a whole product. DaS can blame its incredibly short development cycle trying to cash in on the success of DeS, but even BB had a lot of unfinished or cut content and that game had a shitload of budget and time.

Well sure, but, and you should know this, in a lot of pre-release interviews about Dark Souls Miyazaki went on and on about how excited he was to make "his" game this time instead of building on previous ideas, and Demon's Souls is ultimately comprised 90% of ideas from King's Field with some Shadow Tower Abyss thrown in.

How popular does it have to be to be considered "popular" to you? The only time it was niche was when it was still exclusive to Japan, we're talking about a game from the creators of Armored Core

There's even more cut content from Demon's Souls, as well. Embed related.

Haven't a clue why all of the series is so unfinished, really. Part of why I like DeS and BB better than DaS, though, is because they feel more 'complete' in spite of the amount of cut content each of them have under their belts. There isn't really a noticeable drop in quality in either of them, whereas the post-Lordvessel areas in DaS left me feeling a bit sour. It's definitely good regardless, but still.

spider guy was used in dark souls 2

Oh awesome, I am going to try and find more cut content.

And the unused mimic from DeS made a cameo in the BB DLC.
The shadow figure that comes out of Kos after you beat the Orphan is almost the exact same as the cut mimic model from DeS (in it's statue state).
You gotta look at it up close before killing it to realize it, tho.

I have no idea why the fuck people don't point that out.
Even the wiki doesn't have it in "trivia" or whatever.
Are these people blind or something?

Those snakemen look even closer to the KF4 models than the ones in Sen's Fortress do, I wonder if they had a Berserk influence even before Miyazaki joined the company.

Post if you find any, lad. I find stuff like this really interesting.

The Souls/Bloodborne wikis are generally kind of naff, to be honest, especially the Fextralife ones. They're full of articles with bits written in first person or people arguing through editing a given article. Not surprised that something like that wouldn't be mentioned.

Could be the case. In Dragon's Dogma, you can find and wear the armours of both Guts and Griffith, and I'm sure there are more Beserk references littered throughout that game. Must be popular in JRPG game dev circles or something.

Coincidentally, DD also had a metric ton of content cut and plans scrapped from the final release.

You have no idea. Itsuno based the game on Berserk back when he read it in high school and the whole team had a hardon for Miura.

They make Vaati look grounded by comparison, most of the "lore" discussion isn't even based on things from the games. Related to , there isn't any discussion of that on the Orphan of Kos page because they're busier trying to draw parallels between Kos and some Aztec god.

That meme will never catch on buddy.

wew, didn't know that. I've never actually read any Beserk, but I know bits and pieces about it because I've invested so many hours into games inspired by it. Must give it a go sometime.

I remember feeling really confused by that, actually. I was stuck on the Orphan for ages, so I went there to look up his moveset and learn the patterns and ended up seeing paragraph upon paragraph about Quetzlcoatl or something.

Here's another interesting thing - the Undead King that was cut from Dark Souls appeared to be able to use Soulsuck from Demon's Souls and his placeholder voice clips were those of Allant's.

On that note, I have never looked into Kings Field. What kinda stuff can I look up besides attempting to emulate the game. Lore wise what is going on it, how good is KF series in general? I heard its really slow.

If you're a Souls fan looking for a Souls game or a Souls-like experience, King's Field might not be what you're looking for, but they're a part of the series as much as anything else. You'll be saying "Oh this is where they started focusing on shortcuts", "oh this is where they decided that raising your shield would make your stamina regenerate more slowly", "oh this is where they started focusing on verticality in the levels", "oh this is where that enemy came from", "oh this is where that boss came from"

They should be played for more than just educational purposes

Yeah it's really slow

In terms of core souls gameplay, what you should go back and experience instead is Severance: Blade of Darkness and Die by the Sword.
Those two titles are the closest thing to proto-souls.

Also i personally recommend Rune, for a "what if" scenario where melee third person combat that is fast as fuck works with mouse + keyboard in mind, and takes a completely different direction BB took while still being high speed.
The end result is sorta…melee unrealesque? I guess.

Oh fuck, I played the shit out of Rune dude.

BB is tied with DS1 as the best one, if you count expansions

Let me tell you right now, King's Field is definitely going to feel odd when you first play it since it was one of the first gen titles around. All 3 playstation titles came before FFVII so the controls are going to be damn weird at first. The games themselves vary, but the general notion is that KFII JP is the best.

KFI was a launch title, starring John Alfred Forrester, you go into a graveyard to look for your father who is hunting down a magician. The graphics are very simple (AKA one should look into this for low-poly ideas) the difficulty is rather brutal at the beginning, and eases up as you go on. This game was not released overseas, but it does have a patch so you'll have to hunt for it online. The game is very short, maybe 3 hours if you look for everything.

KFII JP (KF1 US) Is the second game of the series, released a year after the first. You play has John's friend, Alexander, to get a weapon back from the Island of Melenat. The game at this point introduces levels with height scaling*. And like it's predecessor, is brutal at the beginning but eases up as you continue playing. The game is much larger than the first, with more areas to explore, and more people to talk to. Because of this, the game itself runs slower. You can counter this in a way if you play it on the PS2 with options to speed it up, or use a function in an emulator to force speed it proper. The Framerate can jump at times depending on activity. The game can take up to 10 hours to fully complete if you're careful and find everything.

KFIII JP (KF II US) is my favorite entry in the series, but some argue is not as good as the previous. You play has John's son Lyle, exploring the whole island of Verdite. The graphics get an upgrade, enemy variety is increased, and some of the systems get tweaked. However, the game runs slower (consistent speed), and it does seem to set you on a path. The secrets this game has are clever, however, and can make you think on how to approach them. I think this is about 15 hours, but I think some people can still beat it under that.

THat's for the PS trilogy. The PS2 had one entry, that's was KF IV (KF: The ancient city), and it was a bit of a mixed bag. It certainly runs smoother than previous titles, but the overall speed can seem a bit slower, and it has some gotcha moments that can annoy you more than anything else. They introduce a system where you can level up weapons the more you use them, but at the same time, they throw in a durability system to make them less effective, and you can't repair shit until you get to the halfway point. So it can get annoying at times. This game is longer than KFIII but I think the pacing is not as good overall.

That's all I have to think about at this moment, I'll post more later.

Also, KF has some interesting music.
My absolute favorite being the main menu theme from King's Field IV.
It fits DeS and DaS wonderfully well.

It's a real shame too. While I do like the environments to have no music, I know a few tracks from the series would easily fit into Das/Des.

So the lore is in no way related too demon and dark souls then?

Nope. They described Des/Das as spiritual sequels. Any references made to KF were just easter eggs. Though for the case of the moonlight sword, that's more a symbol of Fromsoft. KF1, 2, and 3 should be played in order if you want to understand the lore between the games, but 4 can be played as standalone. Honestly, KF 2 and 3 do need a re-translation however, since there were some conflicting names/descriptions.

Also i just ralized this track is literally the basic chords of Paranoid Android.
What the fuck From, that's weird.

lol old meme.

No matter how hard I try I never seem to git gud and and get frustrated with DS2

maybe because I am playing on PC, heard that DS is a console game.
or maybe I just suck at it.

That shouldn't really make any difference unless you're playing with a mouse and keyboard.

I am playing with a mouse and keyboard.

Well stop doing that

yeah I guess I should stop that. getting really frustrating.

I am so hurt by how let down I was by DaS 2 and 3.

In 1? It actually felt like those who made it gave a fuck about the world and how it all tied together. It truly felt like I was in a forbidden land. Everything was connected and lore explained everything, despite being subtle. The whole world had evidence from the past and felt depressing.

2 and 3 just have none of that magic. It just feels like they shoved as much crazy shit and knight related shit together without realizing what made them special in the first place.

It still hurts. You know how excited I was for two? Then my excitement turning to dread as subtlety was replaced by cryptic bullshit, and bad hitboxes and gangbang rooms out the wazoo?

I played daks 1 with mkb and it played just fine after I remapped like three of the controls.

I play on PC and I know to play with a controller.

Is there a drastic improvement beyond the first three levels? That's as far as I got and I wasn't impressed

You face more interesting enemies and get better weapons and even armor upgrades (eventually you even get the titular blade itself and it's unbreakable, it's fun blocking projectiles with it), but don't expect too much, it's fun for what it is but it was really rough, especially compared to modern titles.
I feel like Rune aged way better.
Rune still has frustrating moments but it's speed and movement, the hit and run style combat still hold up today.

Can this lie end? Even with the DLC its still shit. I intend to go through the games like OP soonish but I'm not looking forward to II that much. Maybe I'll be more embracing of it now that I've got some Souls/BB experience under my belt.

Yes. Ignoring DaS 2 DLC, what was missing from DaS 2 and 3 that was there in DS and DaS, and even in the KF games?

Some would say From just ran out of will power, ideas and content to keep the series alive. But that's not entirely accurate.

What happened is that From decided to just ride things out and apply the same formulaic success to the later sequels in order to cash in. They focused more on the gameplay systems, and forgot about the esoteric side of the game's story. They applied the scientific method and analyzed how different players fared in DS/DaS and used their measurements to balance the game to hit the widest possible demographic without compromising on the overall packaged experience. The unpredictable became predictable. Player's knew exactly what they were going to get.

Furthermore, From over-appealed to their fan base. Devs who listen to their fans, great, right? Not always. While the game itself never broke the fourth wall, the developers themselves did. For example, the trailers with the normalfag music that just didn't fucking fit the game at all. And all of the happy go-lucky twitter correspondence. So what you had were all of these normalfags and betas circle-jerking each other for more bread and circus and the devs handing out the pearls to the swine.

As a result of all of this, they forgot about the true essence that once gave the games meaning. Do want to know what the magic was?

Plato's allegory of the cave illuminating the tragedy that has befallen a world that was once blinded by hubris but has met it's nemesis. A dark age of hollow, soulless degenerates doomed forever to folly and worship of devils and false idols whom they mistake for gods. The rebirth of nobility within the player himself as he becomes a nemesis to the very darkness that now consumes his world. A reflection of reality and human civilization in the present.

Ironically, in the end, the developers were unable to escape the slow-motion collapse that now ravages our world. Perhaps that should be horrifically sobering in itself, the series transforming into a tragic meta-reflection of the doomed world it portrayed, the developers becoming caricatures of the hollow undead they once attempted to pit the player against.

Watch the film Angel's Egg (vid related) which was the original inspiration for the series, even as far back as King's Field, and you will see the truth of what I say.

I hope the key people at From take a step back and realize the error of their ways before they lock things down on their next projects.

I might revisit it then since those were three of my biggest complaints

Thanks for the recommendation

I'm much kinder to DaS2 now that 3 is out

Saving this for posterity

You're full of shit, mate. Improving gameplay is always the best decision.

This is irrelevant. If one is used to KB+M they can play Souls just fine with it.

Yeah but they neglected everything else to do so

I skipped DaS 2 and I'm jsut starting Dark Souls 3, and I can feel the formula from dark souls 1 repeating.

It honestly feels like I'm playing a HD Dark Souls 1. It feels beat for beat the same so far. I've fought through an undead settlement, a castle filled with undead, a forest, and now I'm at a swamp. It feels just like Undead berg, the undead parish, and darkroot basin.

In spite of how similar it is, somehow the magic from the first one just isnt there. Maybe it's because I'm familiar with the series, or maybe it's a lot of little things, but somehow the world just doesn't feel as cohesive as DaS 1 so far. I just finished Bloodborne, and I loved it. That game was a huge breath of fresh air. Everything felt new again. It was great. The little changes to combat have such a big impact on the way you play, and the setting and atmosphere were just great. DaS 3 is letting me down. It feels like I'm just playing through Das 1 again. It's not bad exactly, but if I wanted to play it again I'd play it instead.

I hope it gets better. I'm having fun, but it feels more like DLC for DaS 1 then it does a new game.

Have you ever thought that maybe all that meaningless shit you love so much in DS1 was a fluke and not a work of genius?

Very interesting. What sources did you find for those bits, like with Shibuya?

Turns out almost every good game from the old days were also a fluke, it's likely the same here.
Did you know that Thief 4 by the original devs was going to be about a modern day Garret wielding a magical dagger that gave him special powers that made the game less slow and more like Halo? Did you know that Deus Ex's skill system was designed the way it was because they thought attributes and skills in RPGs were too complex and needed to be dumbed down?
Even Morrowind is only good thanks to the lazyness of the level designers leading to shorter dungeons. Which meant less time with the terrible combat and more time exploring and fucking around in the overworld.

Is it sour grapes or something, I thought BB was fucking amazing.

Armor upgrades in every Dark Souls game is just a pointless stat. The advantage of not upgrading armor like you did in DS1 and DS2 is that every armor piece is viable from the get go plus is balanced better. The only way armor upgrades would be better would be if you could upgrade certain defense's like a fire gem to increase fire defense or lighting gem to increase lighting defense. This adds a strategic element because not only could you prep for enemies who have certian abilities, but any invader wouldn't know what high resistances you have until they attack you as every host would be different.

Those graphics are terrible.

Is this pasta?

So, let me take a stab in the dark: this guy is insane. He's mentally unhinged and lost in a dream world of his own design where nothing makes sense. The girl is some aspect of his personality that he believes is proliferating this "disease" and he must find her and do what must be done to prevent its growth (i.e. shatter the egg). She is unaware of her role, she believes she is a natural denizen of this world, and her understanding of her overall impact on his insanity is unclear to her. He finds her and shatters the egg, but in doing so he only exacerbates his own condition; when the girl (a natural aspect of his own personality), who believes she is doing her part to facilitate a positive change in the world, reacts to the egg's destruction, she casts herself into the ocean and further embodies the disease so that she may proliferate even more eggs. Thus, the cycle of his mental disease and despair begins anew. His recounting of the biblical passage pertaining to God's flooding of the earth and Noah's arc serves as an allegory for his own condition. Noah followed God's word but, according to the protagonist, became despondent when he sent out a dove that never returned. The dove represents hope for the future, and he is Noah, trapped on a ship in the insanity of his own mind. He has long lost hope for any chance of escape, but despite this he continues traveling the darkness of his dreamscape in search of brief moments of comfort.

Is that about right? If not, kindly explain what the fuck I just watched.

Bandai-Namco the western division released it in the west. So they do the marketing and get some gameplay material from the devs slap some shit,ect.
The Japanese marketing from fromsoftware was a little bit more different with streams or some interviews, trailer explaining the gaymeplay,ect.
Since From is a publisher in Japan.

But I agree the nr3 became the same shit I went trough with DaS and did feel it was the same thing over again.

I personally want the white,grey and black world that was a great gameplay mechanic in Demons Souls.
The last time I felt From Software had some magic was with bloodborne.

Given how many kickstarters we've seen that tout legendary veteran devs working on the project and then the end result ending up being crap, I'd say every great game ever made was more than likely a fluke.

We were talking about Severance, not Dark Souls. More controversially I think the damage absorption on armor in Souls is completely pointless, not just the upgrade paths.

Crazy conspiracy GAME THEORY time:
What if the story being all about forgetting was intentionally done because they knew their game was going to be forgettable? Noone at Fromsoft really wanted to work on DaS2 and when they finished they all got to go work on Bloodborne, and I think they might have intentionally decided that since they were going to do this they might as well get a little creative and meta.

The opening cutscene tells you that you are going to Drangleic to solve the curse of the undead, and the fire keepers in the hut also tell you that this is what you're doing. It is also stated many times that people come to Drangleic without really knowing why they came. Immediately upon entering Majula, the Emerald Herald tells you to go seek the king. She doesn't mention the curse or undead at all, just to go to the king. At that point onward noone really mentions the curse of the undead and the player will likely completely forget about it. I only noticed this because I decided to watch the opening cutscene again after my 4th playthrough. Even the NPC quests support this too, Instead of NPCs going hollow due to the curse in DaS1, they just forget things throughout their quest lines.

It was also potentially deliberate for DaS3 to be making fun of the idea of repetitive sequels since that's exactly what the main plot (and the twist halfway through) was. Many NPC quests are repeated, many weapons and area concepts are reused, and halfway through you literally just go to Anor Londo again and it's supposed to be a big surprise that the game takes place in the same area as DaS1. Given how little Bloodborne just copy/pasted concepts from previous games I'd say Fromsoft knows what they're doing here and they simply do not want to make more Dark Souls games.

That isn't to say that the sequels was good though, just that they may have been a little more self-aware than people give it credit for.

God how I wish these games were never made just so we would have an end to the neverending torrent of threads about them that have discussed everything in the games to death multiple times over.

Yeah that's definitely just unique to Souls, not Holla Forums itself

You're right, maybe you should find another hobby

have a bump, friend

cry more, faggot

oh, I see what you're doing. You're being a little bitch in the hopes that you can bait someone into shitposting this thread into oblivion. Well, it's not gonna work, """""""""friend"""""""""" Why not just go actually play some vidya instead of getting mad over people discussing things you don't like?

Fuck this series, it's always been garbage, the only good thing is customization
Therefore, fashionsouls thread

The combination of Creightons' surcoated chain with the Cathedral Knight helm is good, obviously, but I can never help but get incensed at plated limbs when the chest is wearing something lighter and non-loose. The surcoat alleviates this a little, since there might be a coat of plates under there, but still. Full greaves on early/high medieval chain armor just looks weird. Gauntlets are better, but can still be a bit off. And Creighton's gloves are kind of awful. They just look so overly baggy, and yet they taper at the wrist. Makes them look a bit gravity defying.

Literally every other gauntlet looks shite with creighton's chest piece because it leaves his biceps and elbows wild and free. The lothric legs are because I like the motif of plated knight that the head and legs give off, and it just reminds me of a true crusader.
I could try something else with suggestion, but I do really like how this looks. For that matter, I'm doing a str fai build with this, and since I hate how greatswords look, should I try a sword and board with a backup smough hammer with this one? I don't think I like any of the other bashers, but the greathammer has this air of holyness to it at the very least.

That's something of a pain. I don't imagine any other long-sleeved gauntlets play nice with it? It's so strange, things like the Undead Legion gauntlets don't roll up on anything other than the Legion chest, even if the armor doesn't have sleeves to begin with.

A true crusader is going to be a guy in head-to-toe chain with a nasal helm or later on a greathelm, no plates in the mix. I still see what you mean, mind, but it clashes. Chain limbs go very well with plate under certain circumstances, makes it look like fantasy munitions armor, but not the other way around. Who armors their legs before their heart & lungs?

Try the regular Chain leggings. They've got neat, pointy sollerets. Still anachronistic, but meshes a bit better, assuming the coloring isn't too off. May or may not give you chickenlegs.

It's too big and silly to be aesthetic. If the Crescent Axe isn't shit, a Heavy infused one might be good for big-ish STR weapons with a holy thematic. Kind of a weird weapon, since it's not as long as it used to be but has halberd R2s, and when using War Cry, greataxe charging R2s.

this
People who are fans of this series are masochists.

I have done everything you can possibly do in DeS. I guess I am fucked in the head like the rest of you.

I recently finally gave in and bought DaS1.
HOLY SHIT
At least DeS had a central hub, so I didn't have to run thru 3 levels (respawned enemies from that bonfire I just opened up yaaay) just to make it back to a smith for repairs.

Oh and most bosses don't even drop a boss soul now.

And new stages have a bonfire/save/respawn point. Its located right before the area boss.

Yaaaaay atunement slots. Stat reqs/purchase price like in DeS weren't enough apparently.

And WTF rolling is slower and shit compared to DeS. I can beat DeS NG with no armor. DaS - NOPE

Plus now my Firelink Shrine bonfire is out cuz Lautrec killed that bitch. If I had known that I would have murdered his ass after Gaping Dragon (Giant Vagina Fangs)

How

does

it

feel

to

be

a

total

faggot

reddit

fucker

git gud or shut the hell up

I don't know.

But maybe people should be such autists.

Especially when discussing video games.

Think it has to do with the surroundings. Places were all different and really made them stand out. This is also with enemies that work pretty differently that will propbably kill you a couple of times until you figure out there gimmick. Personally, i enjoyed DaS dlc, as i enjoy fighting knights that fall from there path.

Cool

Story

Bro

Great

Discussion

On

The

Topic

At

Hand.

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Holla Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me? heh, I'm a judge.. this place…. this place has a lot to offer… heh you'll see, kid… that is if you can handle it.

Git gud and open up the shortcut that lets you walk in a straight line to him, or pick up the repair box from one of the first merchants you can talk too.
Wrong. Only the bosses you see as regular enemies don't drop souls.
Bonfires are hubs typically put at either near the start of the level, or after a section that's a huge pain in the ass.
There are attunement slots in DeS as well. Don't forget there's actually two sets of attunement slots for DeS because the amount of slots you have for sorceries and miracles are based on your intelligence and faith.
Git gud at adjusting to it.
You can invade him later and get the soul back you faggot.
lelelelelelele ebic bagina joke let be upboat you for that.

Nothing personal, kid.

LURK MOAR

They're not even that short.
cost money
asylum, taurus, gargoyles, capra, ceaseless, centipede, gaping, hydra…those are just the ones I've gone thru so far, according to wiki theres more
LOLOLOL
And now you have to spend attribute points on separate categories for them
implying you wouldn't get your ass handed to you in PvP DeS
"hey guise in 5 stages you can reanable your start point respawn location at game beginning"
It looks ridiculous to a first timer. Calm down. I will refrain from pussy-jokes since you have an aversion.

Face it.
DeS > DaS

They took Demons Souls. Cut half of the good shit and increased the annoy factor by x3
ta duh DARK SOULS

The fuck is "weebish" about bloodborne?

one more thing

Why is Blighttown - Valley of Defilement 2.0???
They took the worst stage design in modern vidya history and duplicated it.

So Firelink to the nearly the start of Sen's isn't short?
Asylum Demon you see 3 times, Taurus and Capra you see all over the place in Demon Ruins, Gaping Dragon's reward I agree this is fucking stupid is the dragon scale you find near the lower bonfire in Blighttown, Centipede gives you the lava ring so Lost Izalith is "less shit", and the Hydras aren't even bosses.
I used typically for a reason you faggot.
Who's stupid enough to max out int/faith? Why not just put points into one and then put levels into dex so you can cast faster?
I was fairly decent at pvp in DeS. What does it even have to do with anything?
Why are you traveling back to Firelink for anything other than to get to the areas connected to it? You can buff all bonfires to max right after you kill Pinwheel.
Shit jokes are shit jokes.

Now you understand why From is a shit dev team.

If Blighttown was really shit as Defilement, you wouldn't have the Valley of Drakes shortcut which cuts out wandering around 99% of the map which can be accessed from Darkroot and Firelink.

???? That's like saying "if Commiefornia was really as bad as Jew York it wouldn't be next to Vegas"
Then why are you defending this shit game so much?

Nigger youre retarded

fucking hell

checked for DaS being a shit compared to its daddy DeS

yeah dude, dark souls fucking stinks, literally a parrying dagger does the exact same shit as fist on your left hand but with more crit damage on parries, fucking retarded, man that 10 dmg left jab fucking epic over the 9 dmg stab, fucking fromsoft

Nigger, there is literally a shortcut that lets you skip one of the worst parts of the game. Fuck son, you can even skip Lower Undead Burg and the Depths by going through it, and it's easily accessible.
If you hate the piece of shit game, why are you still playing it? Hell, it's not like the series gets worse when you play through 2 and 3.
I'm not the one playing the game.

Fistfighting in Souls is useless and the cestus is quite literally only used for parrying in 3.

This post triggered me.
Only one instance of 4chan was corrected to say Holla Forums.

HURRRRRRR
It got shelved. Might take it back to gamestop and get my $10 back.
HURRRRR but you have played. And alot from how defensive you are about your precious.

Souls fanboys are the vidya equivalent of macfags. Buyers remorse metastasized into fanaticism

I never said it was good.
Good.
Nigger, I haven't played the game in at least a year. The game post Sen's is pretty fucking bad, Blighttown is the second worst section in the game even with the shortcut that cuts out all of it, the recycling of bosses as regular enemies is fucking shit, Ash Lake has no reason to exist. There's plenty of things wrong with the game.
Just because I'm trying to find the good in a mediocre game hyped up by normalfags as "hard because I'm bad at games" doesn't mean I'm going to ignore the faults.

pick 2

I'll wait for you in the next thread when you have an actual argument that isn't just 'nuh uh'.

Your autism is showing

I played Dark Souls 1 for the first time a while ago and loved it… Then I tried playing Dark Souls 2 and thought it was complete shit and didn't get far at all. I'm playing 3 now and I kinda feel the same way you do, but I honestly still like it. You're right, Dark Souls 1 was so much more cohesive with its big connected world, and I miss it… But I still like being able to play another good-old Dark Souls again. It's fun and honestly has enough new tricks up its sleeve to not feel like a repeat.

All the rest of the posts in this thread are so negative, even about the first game. I never played Demon Souls so I guess I don't really get it… I pretty much have only good things to say about DaS1. The only thing I wanted out of it was more OF it.

BB seems good but playing it would require me to buy a PS4.

I'm not the one feeling buyer's remorse, since I actually enjoyed it. Just because it's shit doesn't mean I can't have a little fun with it.

2 was the worst in the series, but 3 at least got me to finish it a few times even though it's not that good. Considering PS3s should be fairly cheap now, you should pick up one and try it if you ever have money laying around not doing anything.

DS1 > DS3 >>> DS2

I only got DS3 a while ago and the second I got to Aldrich it instantly turned my thoughts about it around

Since Dark Souls 3 is on sale is it worth buying?
I really like DeS and DaS but I really wasn't a fan of DaS2, so is DaS3 more like the second one or the first one?

I have never played Bloodborne because fuck buying a console for one good game.

DS3 combines elements from every game in the series before it, mainly stuff from DS1. You can't upgrade armor like in Demon's, and the controls are more closer to DS1 than 2. I'd recommend just getting the base game and seeing if you like it before deciding on getting the DLC

Its worth a playthrough. DS3's main drawbacks are the lack of replay value and build variety. Want to try a tank/Havel type build? You're shit out of luck as poise is different for DS3. The world also offers far less options than DS1 did, its more linear.

The game is DaS1 but shorter. Bosses are killed and then their souls turn into weapons and shit after you kill the 3rd boss. It's pretty straight forward and there's no branching paths until a little bit later on; the paths that you do get to eventually lead into a straight line, but that is only a matter of what boss you want to fight, as the areas are so small and bosses are so easy that you can get to the 4th boss in the first 20 minutes just by running straight to the end, and this game has like 20 something bosses

DS3 is more like Bloodborne, except it fails to be that and it also fails to be Souls. It's a mess, but it has great visuals.

The speed of DS3 is more akin to Demon's Souls than anything else so this narrative about it being like Bloodborne doesn't stick with me.

FUCK

I'm just doing 600 damage per swing, and since the skill is "real poise through hits" then I just weapon skill into R1 and R2 people who charge in