Is Saints Row IV worth wasting the bandwidth on?

yay or nay?

It's a pretty fun super hero game. It's nothing like any of the previous SR except for names and stories and it doesn't take itself seriously. Few cheap laughs but the gameplay is alright if not repetitive after a certain point. I assume the bandwidth comment means you're pirating so go ahead. Game is worth atleast 5$ to me so for free I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.

Not really. SR2 is better in almost every way.

It's fun but it has its fair share of flaws. Most notably guns and vehicles being useless after certain upgrades.
As for the humor I can't say really. Depending on what kind of person you are you'll either really hate it or really love it.

reminder

God damn it must suck to be a burger.

If you liked SR3, maybe.

Though they went too far with the lolsorandumb humour. Also driving is useless.

Also, SR3 is the best game in the series and Laura Bailey as Boss is mai waifu.

If you aren't paying for it then go ahead, but like said don't go in expecting to drive cars or shoot guns because it's almost entirely focused on super powers.

tfw get to dust off pic related

fuckers got rustled and deleted my review too

Do you want to play more Crackdown or Prototype? Then yes. SR4 isn't really a Saint's Row game, it's about running up buildings, jumping off, and shooting fireballs at aliens.

I hope this is bait.

What the fuck happened to Volition between SR2 and SR3?

Sounds more like a s=Superman game… which is fine considering I like Superman.

if it has humor like in the webm I'm fine with it.

this was actually the thing that kept me from downloading it and sent me here.

I think it's a fun super hero game.

From what I really remember most of the humor is parodying something else. Metal Gear, Mass Effect(embed related stands out in my mind as the most memorable joke), old cartoons, etc.

that's definitely better than shoving in a bunch of old internet memes and thinking that actually passes as humor.

It's alright. It's like a better version of Crackdown.

Not entirely sure how it went down but I have a decent guess.
SR1 was a GTA clone. Didn't try to be anything more than that and it was a mediocre game in the early days of the 360.
Not sure how much faith THQ had in them but somehow SR2 got made and it turned out to be somewhat of a sleeper hit. I don't know how successful it was financially but people really liked it. At its core it was nothing more than another modernized GTA clone, but it was around the time GTA IV came out and people were criticizing the tone and lack of fun things to do. SR2's marketing played this up and sold itself as a throwback to how fun GTA games used to be.
Now SR2 wasn't a particularly silly game. It had its sillier moments like the most of the side activities but the main story got really fucking grim at times and was a fairly standard action movie sort of tone the rest of the time. The problem came that the response people gave was that they loved how "silly" SR2 was, compared to GTA IV. And for some fucking reason, THQ must've interpreted this as "well if this game was kinda silly and people gave us money for it, then if we make it 10 times more silly then they'll give us 10 times more money!".
So they poured money into the development of SR3. Marketing was insane around the time of its release. People were acting like YEAH BABY SAINTS ROW IS BACK even though most of these faggots probably never even heard of the series before. I assume not much of the staff that worked on 2 worked on 3 because it's a completely different game in tone, mechanics and just overall feel. They turned it into a "comedy" game while cutting corners wherever they could because they knew their marketing would ensure sales among the retarded majority of gamers. And that's what happened. Now the general public has this notion of what Saints Row is from SR3 and it's "that silly game with the goofy over the top randumbness". That's what eventually led to SR4 and by this point the series has been completely deformed beyond what it started out as.

couldnt they have made ashley hotter?

Steve Jaros going full retard happened

Yay. It's a good game.
Don't play expecting it to be like Saints Row 2 or you'll feel the butthurt.

To be fair, the idea of going the opposite route from where GTA was going to differentiate themselves wasnt that dumb.
They just overdid it i guess.

If you never played any SR games, then yes, it's hellafun.

I honestly felt that SR2 was closer to a San Andreas sequel than GTAV.

It's terrible at being a saints row game, but a great game on its own.

Just leave a negative review of the King Cuck DLC if you get the complete pack.

It's a shit game. Within the first couple missions the entire planet gets fucking vaporized, rendering everything you do pointless.

You're really on a ship in the cold vastness of fucking space trying to get back at some shitty alien by waving your dick at him from inside of his own simulation.

The missions are shit, and convey almost less than no story at all. Everything you do feels pointless, and even the super powers themselves feel like a waste.

It's like they took saints row 3, and removed everything good about it, turned on all cheats, and injected it with social justice propaganda.

Whuh? I played the entire thing and didn't notice anything SJWy, mind explaining?

It's hard to explain in detail, because alot of it is dipped in certain types of philosophy.

That opening scene where you have to escape from pleasantville makes sense within the context of the game because you're some crazy asshole right?

Well when you have to revisit the mission to rescue Kinsie, you act all pissy about the general's traditional speech.

Not to mention all the side characters shitting all over the main character(especially kinsie, and any minorities), the gay romance options, the general sense of nihilism, all the browbeating of the main character for being himself and all the other assorted degeneracy.

How you cant see it is beyond me. The game went form you being a Generic BadassMcIDontGiveAShit to hey don't you feel bad about all those things you did at every fucking turn?

The essence is gone.

What the shit?

It's a more repetitive SR3 with super powers.

I mostly agree with you but the faggot romance was clearly a jab at Mass Effect and how you can fuck your entire crew in that game and is all pretentious about it.

It was shit abandoning most of stuff SR3 had like any transport because it gave you superpowers.
And it really felt like superpowers were made on SR3 engine. They were buggy and not finished.

But I would still say it is worth bandwidth if you want more SR.

whats it like having a mental condition where you have to analyze every detail to see if you should be offended or not?

When you find out that a group of people is hell bent on destroying everything traditional and turning everyone into crypto marxists, you tend to sound the alarm bells pretty easily.

Especially considering this shit is embedded in the language itself.

Don't make me go on a Holla Forums tirade. It's not worth the effort if you aren't open minded to the idea that we aren't all equals.

It's not my fault you've been programmed not to analyse.(examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of (something, especially information), typically for purposes of explanation and interpretation.)

What do you have against analysis? Does it offend you that some people think about things past surface value?

who else but Holla Forums?

ya got me pardner

No because then it wouldn't be realistic.

Do you ever find yourself using words like "ad hominem" constantly when having arguments?

Not fucking around genuinely curious.

You didn't answer the question, you homosexual.

What do you have against analysis? There's nothing strawman about claiming you have something against analysis. You clearly do of you wouldn't attempt to berate me for attempting to analyse vidya.

I'm sorry if that making that jump in logic is too hard for you. Please keep being smug though.

words like scud launcher, carpet bombing, tomahawk missiles

i dont have anything against analysis, but i think looking for reasons to be upset about something paints you in the samelight as the group youre playing watch dog against. which i think is just hilarious. you arent just analyzing vidya, youre getting triggered over hypotheticals. youre not that innocent

Ah the fabled "both sides are the same" meme.

What if I told you, that you are wrong? Did you not pay attention during gamergate at all?

There's analysis, and then there's finding a fly in your soup when there isn't one to be found because it only exists in your perception of reality, or because you *want* to find a fly in your soup so badly that you think you see one. Sometimes you have to take a look at the physical facts, what you know for certain. Healthy skepticism is healthy, but a thesis/theory is still a thesis/theory until proven to be more than that. And truthfully, once you've seen so much of one thing, it can be difficult to disassociate yourself from jumping to these conclusions.

I always felt the silliness was more organic as it generally came from the player himself, ie some skinny ass gremlin wearing plastic wings smashing a Japs head through a gravestone.

SR3 was basically hey dildos are funny, remember Burt Reynolds and Hulk Hogan?

Ok, so this whole section of the game denigrating traditional living never happened, right?

when dudes from "both sides" look at me with the same disdain and think im pretty lost and stupid for taking things in stride instead of sharing their levels of outrage? id say lets agree to disagree.

See that's the problem. You wont get deep enough into either side to learn it's truth.

Go be a filthy liberal for all I care. I welcome it. But you have no depth or substance as you are now. These people decide what comes and goes in the world and you're content to sit there with your dick in your hand and let them fuck everything up.

Oh look at me. I'm a moderate I'm above it all. I used to be like you. Don't act so smug. If you cared enough you might actually learn there are things to be outraged about.

of course there are things to be upset about. but its not matrix parodies, and its not extrapolated themes from video games. maybe im grounded in reality enough that fantasy just isnt worth getting worked up over. did you find a reason to get pissed off when the rebels blew up the death star? was that an analogy for overthrowing authority or was it a story where the underdogs won the day?

A society is the culture it promotes. Liberals don't take over media first for no reason. They don't bitch about representation for no reason.

The slippery slope is real, and you'd know it if you looked deep enough.

By all means continue to only look at the surface value of a thing. You'll enjoy life more that way.

I know this is all up for interpretation user but if you interpret that as SJW propaganda, then good luck to you is all I can say.. Next thing you'll be telling me UT2004 is SJW because it has social interaction.

I personally interpret it as a satirical mockery of ideallic 50's lifestyle And I think that was how it was supposed to be marketed, but hey that's just me. I suppose next you'll be telling me I'm the one who's in the dark, or that you're the enlightened one.. Haha.. Fuck man how can you enjoy anything if you just see SJW shit wherever you go?

Where do you people get this bullshit? How am I supposed to talk to anyone in a world where people make weird ass assumptions like this?

There's your first problem right there. Things are either true or false. My claim that SRIV is full of SJW propaganda is either true or false. There is no inbetween. There is no "interpretation".

Tell me I'm right or wrong, but get that relativity bullshit out of my face.

What a shitty example. You don't even know what social justice is, how am I supposed to have a conversation with you about how shit it is if you don't even know WHAT it is.

Yes. And you are right. I'm making a claim that this mockery is a BAD thing, because it makes fun of traditional families and gender roles. Which are the cornerstone of a good society.

SJW's want to get rid of these things so they lampoon them relentlessly.

America is a democratic republic, not a free democracy. If there is in fact some kind of concentrated effort to destroy society it is our duty as Americans to route it out.

all youre proving to me is that i have good reason to be "smug" when being entertained by entertainment is apparently a dying art as more people give their minds up to join with a larger body.
my eyes arent closed, but not everyone who fights the demons has to be the demons. no, believe it or not gamergate was not a wake up call for me. none of what you are telling me is news. you are light years behind me.

Sweet claims bro. Loving that smug anime girl and no evidence to back up your claims.

You aren't disproving anything. All you are doing is saying I am silly and my claims are silly. But you are doing nothing to prove that they ARE in fact silly. You are only acting smug.

Well two can play at this game.

You are silly.

This. If you're gonna download any SR game, it should be SR2.

It does seem like they're making a mockery of traditional life, pushing it into a corner and declaring how far we have “progressed” since then. One example is that the protagonist is constantly telling the guy advocating it to shut the fuck up while attempting to silence his voice by ripping out the speakers, and then you have to beat the shit out of him. That example just there is basically subconsciously brainwashing the viewer to think “if x says y, then I should silence x”. The developers could have picked any other timeline but they chose the 1950s, which liberals detest the most because it represents everything they’re against. I can’t remember “Back to the Future” pissing on traditional gender roles and lifestyles when they went to that timeline.
We’ve been experiencing a war on natural order for decades so you have stay vigilant, especially in a medium targeted towards young minds.

Thanks for spelling it out. I thought the video spoke for itself, but some people need to be told what to think, I guess.

coming from a guy who starmans everyone? thats rich.
what do you need evidence for? which part of that post does evidence even apply to?

Fucking any of it. You make a claim. Then you back it up with evidence.

Then I respond to your evidence and either concede or make a counter claim of my own with it's own supporting evidence.

That's how an argument works.

I'm not going to restate my claims, you know damn well what they are, and if you don't know what they are scroll up and respond to them like a fucking adult.

sounds like you dont know what you want

Saints Row 3 with more random humor, cars etc are worthless because you're basically the hulk and collectathons to power up your shit

Buy it on sale along with SR3, I personally hated SR2 but anons will chew me out for saying so

But SR2 is shit compared to SR3.

S3's story was more in your face, and had a better soundtrack.

S2's Gameplay and customization was more in depth. Holla Forums likes games and gameplay over all other aspects of a game as a general rule. People here have always been that way.

3 was dumbed down too much, it felt lazy mechanically in a lot of ways compared to 2.
shit like combining all the gangs into one super-gang, way less customization, can't use stuff like trashcans/stopsigns/barstools as weapons anymore.
All they did was double down on stupid shit like vtol fighters and gimp suits and genetically engineered russian hulks.

no