Dragon Ball Fusion Thread

Fucking hell crazy Americans? I just lost hope in the west.

TFW when Muricans are so binded by their nostlagia they won't even care even their voice actors sounds atrocious and cheesy.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9gcxak0EsMc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bullshit son.

Even if that was the case, we're talking Dragon Ball here.
They're not exactly "weebs", they're even more entry level than narutards, what the hell do you expect?
They're the CODfags of the anime world.

..There's yer problem right there. Seriously, what braindead moron who thinks that the English dub was ever any good? They swap out the superior original OST for some generic crap..and they dare say some generic guitar sound is much better than this (Embed related)

Because GT is no longer canon and Super is literally shit
Or as I'd like to call it, Dragon Ball Pooper
Also, how longer is Toei gonna milk this dead cow and bastardize it more than what it already has become?
People should just fucking accept that Dragon Ball was just a 90s thing and move the fuck on

good point

okay back to 4chan you go
the only thing bad about super was the newest episode last week

Super isn't amazing, but it is solid. much better than GT, although it only gets good till after Freiza.

If you're going to praise the jap OST at least post something notable. Most of the jap OST is fucking boring shit that does not mesh well with the kind of show DB/DBZ is. And no, the American OST doesn't do any better.

Nobody wants to hear high pitched old women screaming that's why.

you get used to the high pitched old woman after a few episodes

It's also better than everything after the Cell arc in Z.

Thinking about it, GT had the best soundtrack in the franchise ironically. Intro music is on par with Z's, and a lot of the songs in its soundtrack are variations of it. It's nice.

It's the other way around, you stupid faggot
>>>/cuckchan/

Don't kid yourself
Super was a mistake

Also, Akira Toriyama isn't even involved with Super l, as much as Super apologists like to gloat
He sold its rights to Toei

true

don't fucking lie to me user it's shit, the Japanese dub is complete ass prove me wrong weeb fag

Better than listening to a disinterested guy..seriously, is it just me or English dub Goku sounds lifeless?

that's precisely why it's better, retard
toriyama made stupid decisions like never giving vegeta a personality and completely cucking piccolo
and literally every villain being goku's fault

It checks out.

Wow, such obvious bait
You fags aren't even trying

he had more life in him in the 90s, although that in itself could be pure nostalgia.

The fuck was that baka? I'll have you know that I'm the Board Owner of this here place, and that Holla Forums isn't one person.

I'm probably not buying it because it's a fucking 3DS game. Not because it doesn't have an English dub. Albeit, dual audio isn't such a bad idea for Dragonball games these days. Just wish they didn't also remove the fantastic Japanese version OST too with the show's/game's English dub.

eat shit GTfag

Nice disinfo you retarded faggot.

Toriyama didn't sell shit. He gives Toei, the folks doing the anime, and Torotaro, the man drawing the manga, character designs and plot points. How the two get from plot point A to plot point B is entirely up to them; which is why Super's manga and anime differ so much. His involvement with Super is far more hands on than with GT, where he gave some character designs and fucked off.

You're so full of shit. The man's on par with Nozawa at this point.

Yeah the character development of being a psychopath bent on becoming immortal so he can have forevercombat and rule the universe following Freezer's death, to an angry manlet with inferiority issues who wants to prove himself the best in the universe, to a family man who wants to protect his family is real shitty, wooden writing and completely lacking in personality.

You cunts don't know a fucking thing about this series.

he didn't want to protect his family until the buu saga, which toriyama barely had anything to do with
look at the differences between majin vegeta in the manga and in the anime

So he's not writing Super, right?
How is that fifferent from selling out

I used to think the DB manga was decent, and even that naruto at the very start ranged from mediocre to ok.

Then i read all of Hunter x Hunter for the first time and i couldn't believe how these pieces of shit EVER got popular.
Hunter x Hunter takes a huge shit all over them, it's light years far ahead of literally anything else.

They're all a joke.
It's all a massive joke.
There's only two kind of weebs, the type that has never read Hunter x Hunter, and those who have.
Once you do, you might as well burn everything else in a big garbage pile, it serves no purpose anymore.

I'm new to the animu game

no billy

Because he still owns the rights and ultimately has creative control you fucking imbecile.

He still sacrificed himself in the manga to protect others. He still had character development into a "good" guy.

One Piece is the best.

Nice try manchild
But your masterpiece is just a rehash of the author's previois work (Yu Yu Hakusho) and it will NEVER EVER be completed

yu yu hakusho is complete shit

Then how do you explain this?
attackofthefanboy.com/news/akira-toriyama-disappointed-by-dragon-ball-super-animation

Who's the imbecile now, huh?

One Piece a shit

Does it even need to be completed?
It had more interesting shit happening over the years than multiple other series combined.
At this point anything new is an extra, it's already literally the single best thing ever made.

I miss 80s-90s latam anime dubs

Did you listen the whole song? When 2:16 starts you know the shit was on.

People said that about Legend of Galactic Heroes. Even though, it's only interesting if you have a huge hard on for politics and science fiction. Even though, it's pretty slow and boring like the original Mobile Suit Gundam series.
I'd rather watch Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta instead instead of Legend of Galactic Heroes.

And Hunter X Hunter looks and sounds pretty generic like any other shonen series.

Read more manga and not just run-of -the-mill shonen trash, retard

My point was that HxH is a rehash of YYH and is in no way praiseworthy

Strangely enough I hate YYH but like HxH

Why the fuck would he be involved in the animation process? I already explained to you his hand in development of the anime and manga. And how despite that he still owns the rights.

You're a fucking idiot. You think he has to personally draw each fucking frame to own the rights to the series he fucking made? Was Walt Disney still doing that bullshit in the 60's before he died? Fuck no. But he still owned Mickey.

It just doesn't get the blood pumping, user.

DUHUUUH
U SMART
Fucking idiot.

I read all kinds of genres, i'm still secure enough in my taste to love HxH for what it is, regardless for all other manga that's out there.
I'm not an insecure little bitch like you.

Maybe you're dead. Try minute 5. If it doesn't get your blood pumping, check your blood preassure.

That reminds me, there isn't a version of BT3 with the original OST but english text? I'd love that.
Shame the spics are too jewish to dub the games.

Nothing but Tchaikovsky gets my blood pumping nowadays.

You need more Beethoven in your diet, user. Maybe some Profokiev.

If it helps, user..here. From one fan to another

Does anyone have a magnet to the dragonball z collection? Can't remember the right name of it. I had it but I reformatted my pc and forgot to save it. It was like 70GB.
sage for off topic.

Is this up in FreeShop?

I do enjoy me some Prokofiev. However, there's something missing in his works. I don't find much enjoyment in Beethoven's works.

The CODfags of anime would be people who seriously suggest skipping Parts 1 and 2 of JJBA.

Context might help.

Doesn't change that the Trunks theme is basically a mashup of five songs by Propaganda.

Personally I think the JAP soundtrack works with Dragon ball just fine.

Z is more situational. As I thought the soundtrack for the Dead Zone was really good and matched the tone perfectly, but going into the TV show itself… a lot of tracks were recycled. Which didn't lend well.

I think most people's experience with GT (which sadly includes the soundtrack) is it's horrendous US counterpart.

I firmly believe people would look at GT less harshly if it wasn't for the way funimation handled it. The opening for both should tell you enough.

What kind of buffoon suggests skipping fucking JOSEPH JOESTAR?

I watched it with the original OST and intro (my local dub keeps everything else intact) and I do find GT to be OK. Not too good, not too bad. And the funny thing is right after DB ended in my country (sometime around '04), the viewership of the channel that used to aired Dragon Ball fucking dropped. (Kinda helps that their idea of a follow up to Dragon Ball…was Gundam SEED)

Already lost interest.

Are the US and Nipponese versions compatible for multiplayer?

Are there any good reviews of this game? I liked Attack of the Saiyans quite a bit but don't really know what to expect from this one.

Original Funi

So what's everyone's team's looking like? fuck shitty shonen animu

Anyone done some sweet random fusions?

Jap DBZ's only worth it for Ryo "CAPTAIN MOTHERFUCKING FALCON" Horikawa and the guy singing "CHAAAA RAAAAAAA, HEAD CHARAAAAAAAAA" and some other songs (He sung that song from Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (GAAAMBARE SO GAAAMBARE) and SMILE AGAIN from Jap Goemon's Great Adventure)

ITT: idiots not sticking to the original manga and sucking not canon bullshit or retarded adaptations full of fillers and stretched as fuck episodes

english version is superior you fucking weab.

Super is canon whether you like it or not.

The PT-PT dub's better than all of those

I'm more interested in if the gameplay is actually good enough to warrant 30 bucks

At this point I think the only "canon" thing is Dragon Ball. Heroes is even hinting at a more traditional Goku thing happening.

It also may have something to do with the fact that it looks awful

Instead you have a superiority complex just for reading a manga and come here to show it

The JAP OCT is absolutely fucking awful. It's not terrible music by itself but it doesn't fit DBZ at all. Funimations dub easily had the best music though it's millions of miles away from being a good dub.

I've been looking into it. Is it good?Audio wise, I mean. I know DBZ spics are really dedicated but that doesn't mean quality at all.
Yeah, the original japanese is better, and it sounds like that guy that loves to sing DBZ even thought he sounds like shit now. This better worth my time, user.

But I want my voice actors to sound cheesy. The Japanese goku is much more atrocious then any of the English VAs (every other Japanese voice is fine).

I like the dragon ball series enough that if this is a decent game, I'd like to own a physical copy. There aren't many reviewers covering it though besides the clickbait sites.

I watched the Jap version of GT before Fun dubbed it. Once super saiyan 4 was introduced the show went to shit.

We need more Radshiro…too bad Radshiro is from HnK 2 (the one with a lamer Raoh)

I'm gonna be honest here, the Japanese voices are a turn off for me. Everyone in the game either sounds samey or like they couldn't give half a shit about their performance. Modern Funimation has some hiccups with things like the revised kid goku/gohan voice, Gotenks' voice actors' lazy performance and Bulma's voice, but when they're hot they're hot.

Of course, I'm still loving the game so far and I ain't gonna stop playing over voice acting. I'm just really missing the performances of Sean Schemmel, Sonny Strait and Christopher Sabat mainly.

Every time I express my enjoyment of the far superior Faulconer soundtrack, I shift the overton window more than 10 posts of the opposing opinion could. How does this make you feel?
Ocean dub music was even better.

Satan trips confirm that casuals should kill themselves and burn in hell.

user…how much paint did you huff as a kid?

If gameplay mattered, they'd be playing this game instead Xenoverse 2 which was just a patched version of the first game.

Says the faggot who likes grandma goku

Good God…you made me remember that Rule 63 Goku. I got a question, if regular Goku is good looking..does that mean Rule 63 Goku is a MILF?

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE CIA?!!?!

Is it any good though?

That talks with a raspy bass voice.

I didn't get it because it looked like a shiity game but it has fan service you can youtube later sort of game, and nothing I've looked up about the game has shown other wise.

It's combat looking like neps seemed like the big red light though.

From what i can remember it was decent, but i didn't go that far in

We'll always have the mango

Uhh, you don't get to bring quality

any of the 3ds db games worth getting?especially if I'm going to play locally

The voices suck for everyone but Goku, OST is way worse except for ones in fights, and the script is 4Kids tier in most places and completely unfaithful.

All-in-all, Map is better. The movies are worse because the American ones had shitty rock songs like Slipknot and shit like that.

Slipknot? Seriously? Fucking hell, glad they didn't remove the music in my local dub…and also a good thing they didn't use the English local dub (which they used for the VCDs). I think you folks known that English dub as the Speedy dub, I think?

I always hated most DBZ fanboys but could never explain why. This is a good way of putting it. They act exactly the same, too.
And the fans have gotten worse since BoG was released. I know the Summer that Super was announced, I was working as a cashier and pointed out that the guy with a shirt with Vegeta on it and asked if he was excited for the new series (before we knew it was shit) and he told me he 'doesn't play any of the games.'

And now that Super is out and known, you get fanboys insisting Super is great and defend it to its death. Pic related– that like/dislike ratio.

I have a few games I've been putting off getting until I get back to work, but they might just be DS: Origins and Attack of the Saiyans.

I'm with you on this. But at the very least I'd get the game just based off not supporting current Funimation. They've become incredibly lazy and don't try anymore. Bulma's voice has been terrible since they recast her years ago, they've taken too damn long to get their ass in gear to make the Buu Saga of DBZ Kai, Vegeta and Frieza's VAs are memelords, and they're buddy-buddy with the shitheads from TFS.

I'll be the first to admit that I am a DBZ fanboy…but honestly, not a huge fan of Super. Why? It's not what it used to. The animations is too clean, the opening theme didn't get the blood pumping like the 2 DBZ opening and the original Dragon Ball did for me..and the fact that they had to redo two movies as an in-series story arc smacks of them running out of ideas. They did try with the universe tournament and Black Goku…but they screwed the pooch by having him being some other jabroni and not what if Goku wasn't dropped on his head when he was a kid and thus be a ruthless conqueror like I had hoped.

I'm reading all your posts and all I can get from this is that you're angry at Toriyama despite him not having a hand in this. Toei tells him what to write, he writes it, and then they edit it. They ignore what he says. I think you think he has more creative control than he does, user. He hates the animation, and he's apparently told Toei not to add Mai into the future timeline– something they ignored. He's also on-record as stating, before RoF happened, that he wants BoG 2 to be about Vegeta. Something that didn't happen, likely because Toei took hold.
Mangaka do not have as much influence as you think. Especially now that he is not directly writing/drawing the manga. Need I remind you of Sailor Moon's mangaka? She was fucking furious that her editor kept telling her not to do things (like making Mercury only a robot and killing her off), and got especially angry when the anime went ahead and did the same kind of serious things she originally wanted to do.

You are not a DBZ fanboy. And don't take that to mean 'you aren't a fan of DBZ.' The DBZ fanboys I'm talking about are the normalfag assholes who love Super, have never watched and never want to watch the original Dragon Ball, think the Cell Saga is the best saga, watch TFS, and literally believe the memes about Krillin and Yamcha dying all the time.

Wait..so, knowing ridiculous amount of DB trivia (like actually how many time Krillin actually died and how Yamcha was pathetic even in classic Dragon Ball) and who honestly think that the Buu saga was the best (seriously, Buu is the DB universe equivalent of like Hastur or something) and think that GT is OK at best, doesn't make me a fanboy?

It's like someone who plays Nintendo games on occasion is not necessarily a Nintendrone.
There just isn't really a word for those kinds of DBZ fans beyond 'DBZ fanboys.' Though there certainly needs to be.

Also, don't remind me of Yamcha. At least he at least looked cool and could occasionally do cool stuff. He was sidelined hard and never given his chance to shine.
And then he got his balls crushed and it was all downhill from there.

What about DBZ fantards? They are "fans" who only agree with the popular opinions but never actually sat down and read the manga…10 times a week.

Adding "tard" to the end of shit makes me feel like we're back in 2005.
Also it doesn't completely encapsulate them. Narutards, for instance, were the faggots that would run around with headbands with their arms hanging behind them pretending to run like in the show. DBZ fanboys are different. They're normalfags.

I thought we like going back to '05 where everything is pure and uncorrupted prior to '07? But yeah…you're right. Bunch of casuals jumping on the bandwagon because it's "new" or "cool"…makes me feel like I'm the grumpy old man yelling at the kids to get off my lawn.

No, those would be the FF7fags.

Are you really an old man, user? It feels like it. You've never come across these kinds of fans? They're everywhere, especially if you're still in your 20s. The ones who grew up mainly with DBZ, and who act like they're experts but basically know shit about the series and will shit-talk Toriyama to death about stuff that is blatantly not his fault (I can't believe Toriyama made it so Future Trunks couldn't go SS until Gohan died, but then had kid Trunks go SS right away!!! He's so full of plotholes!!!!)
Maybe it's your area? I hear they're less prevalent in Latin America.

I'm 24, user. And I'm somewhere in South East Asia (here's a hint..we also made that awful Speedy dub. Apologies for that..I don't know what posessed them to do an English dub…when they're not native speakers)

The fact you're from Southeast Asia is probably it. You're probably not hit with these kinds of fans.
In Europe and America, you get the fans that were mainly raised on DBZ, and will talk a lot of shit about how they're true fanboys and know all this shit. They act the same way CoD fanboys do, basically. But they don't actually know shit. If you argue with them you'll find this out.
They're most obvious today because they watch TFS and Super, and insist that Super is canon– while insisting that GT is NOT canon. They're fucking cancer, and I blame TFS for why they still exist.

Thing is, if you ask any guy who was around during mid-90's to 06 where I'm from, they'll tell you that they grew up watching Dragon Ball in order..and I laugh at anyone who complained when the series took too long. You know how I watch it? Weekends only, no reruns, no marathons and if you missed one episode, you are fucked because everyone at school is going to call you a dork. I watch it from 96/97ish all the way to the end of GT in 2006 (missing a few episodes because family just loves to travel in the weekends) and anyone who complained it took too long with them reruns and marathons get no bloody sympathy from me.

I haven't bought it yet because i'm waiting for my next paycheck, baby.

Also I bought Pokemon Moon and that's why. I only got a job recently and I have college to pay off.

If I remember right, Dragon Ball was only aired after DBZ aired in America. This probably plays into it.
However, as a kid I fucking loved DB. I remember falling in love with kid/teen Chi-Chi and wanted to be her and my brothers and I played pretend.
I also remember watching a handful of episodes of GT and knowing they were crap, even as a small child.

Just pirate them. Dont encourage nintendo to continue existing.

Speaking of childhood memories, I remember this discussion I have with a couple of buddies of mine…when we were five. Initially it was "How can you do the Kamehameha in real life" but then one guy said "They should have a Dragon Ball movie" (back then, when we say movie, we meant live action). And we all stare at the guy..and one guy said "That's the single most dumbest thing you had ever said". This was in 1997 by the way.

Would you faggots just make a board for your autistic crap already? This series has been shit for as long as many of you have been alive now.

'nuff said DBZ is the greatest anime in the history of mankind

I could go on and on

tl;dr DBZ is encompasses everything that makes anime great into a single series

Can I have this?

Says the autist who came to this thread just to complain.

This meme needs to die.

I don't think even Porunga could fix your taste even with three wishes.

The Japense OST for the show did not fit it at all. Faulconer's tracks were way better. The only reason to hate them is because you are a huge fucking weeb. Same with the majority of dub hate that has always existed.

Granny Goku is not superior to shit. It's the dumbest fucking practice to keep the same VA for a grown man that you had for a young boy.

But the game is fucking shit OP.

Yes…a track that's building up to a large threat doesn't even fit while generic crap somehow fits. You need taste, user.

Is it? I wanted to see how ridiculous it was, especially with the fusion mechanic.

So how and why is it bad.

Nice ending.

The Japanese OST is generic crap

Anyone else find the game kinda buggy/laggy? Sometimes it loads a bit late when its Trunks turn to fight and pick a move.

Also I had the game crash on me and I lost like 40 mins of progress. Also it seems none of my characters can learn anything. All 5 of my team are like lvl 20-22. Also I feel its too easy to level up or is that how the game is?

Im using a .cia version I got. I love the character clothing options though. So much fun.

How's the game?

HxH is fucking garbage that completely shelved the spirit of initial concept because the writer had no clue where to go with it, turning it instead into the most generic and laughable shonen shit.
Killua a cute, though

Only on this site would people think that the most likely explanation for a kid playing pretend as a girl character is that they're a gay guy.

Yep. People will defend Super to the death for literally no reason.
But those people will still shit-talk GT.

I didn't even know this game was out, let alone that it was getting localized.. How is it? Should I even bother with it?

You have to go back to Bizarro Earth where you came from.

Look, if he's Bizarro..shouldn't everything he said is the complete opposite of what he meant?

I think I even read that shit in this very board.

See a few gameplay videos for yourself, and see the stupid as fuck fusions.
It looks, sounds and plays like hot garbage.

yes

The only thing Faulconer got right was the character themes. Which didn't start to get decent until the Android saga throughout the buu saga. Most, if not all the other music outside of this were pretty bad and rarely fit any situation they were used in. These took up most of the show. There was never a moment of silence, or suspense. And often you're just bombarded with goofy circus music. The movies took it a step further and used american metal/rock bands.

Not saying you can't enjoy that, but it's just beyond me to try and claim that this is overall more fitting than the original soundtrack… Unless you're one of those people who have selective memory for all those "epic" moments and nothing else.

The original sountrack sounded like it belonged with Dragon Ball. It did not match most of DBZ. Also there were plenty of moments for suspense in DBZ, those don't have to be silent. The only reason the Japanese OST would ever go silent is because no one could stand hearing the same shitty studio band music repeated again. It's bad enough when every fight has practically the same music throughout the entire fucking series, and on top of that it's nothing but bland studio orchestral music.

Only ever used for Fat Buu and it matched him perfectly and gave him a distinct theme.

Well our opinions aren't too far off in that regard. As I said something similar in my very first post in the thread. Most of the new compositions fit fine to me. Recycling things like King Piccolo's theme and stuff like that I didn't care for. The Japanese soundtrack isn't perfect by any means, (I think I probably enjoyed Kai's somewhat selective choice on Kikuichi's scores more than the standard Z.) but it was still better suited to me than what funimation had chosen to do.

Pretty certain they had circus music during the garlic jr and android saga. And again, for buu it falls into a character theme/motif. Evil/Super Buu's theme was probably Faulconer's best score though.

Close enough, right?

A lot of the filler is good. Everyone knows the driving episode is the best thing in the series.

A live action Dragon Ball movie could have been doable. Even deciding to make it about Piccolo I think made sense. But then execs clearly meddled with it to no end and tried to turn it into Spider-Man for some reason. I get that they wanted to get rid of the anthropomorphic animals and make it a bit more grounded to fit in with modern american superhero movies. But even with that, I think it would have been passable. But then somewhere along the line they decided they hated everything about the characters and story and just destroyed it. But it could have been good.

If he's Bizarro, he should realize Superman is alive, and thus Bizarro must kill himself.

Godllike beings doing everyday mundane tasks is awesome.

I know, right? I would say that the DB and DBZ did filler right because fillers should be used to expand the world a bit…not pull some BS Top 5 Battle BS (looking at you, Naruto) or a wacky episode with everyone being out of character (and somehow, we see villains in the background…still looking at you, Naruto)

I was liking Super until the last couple of episodes. There's nothing satisfying about moving to a new universe because you fucking failed to protect the old one. why did anything have to happen

After how much of a ridiculously half-assed performance they all gave for Xenoverse 2, I wouldn't want them even bothering with another game. Half-assed acting is my biggest pet-peeve with that shit. Either give an effort or don't bother at all.

and this shit as well

Game itself is super disappointing so far. Easy as fuck and the fusions are lazy computer generated shit. Pro tip: if you plan on fusing your character with anybody, pick black hair unless you want to look incredibly retarded. Also, almost 80% of the fusion combinations are locked behind streetpass. This alone made me very close to dropping the game right off the bat.

What? WHY?

What? You don't have 50+ friends who all own the game to streetpass with? Just go on a train or something and streetpass people, oh wait you can't! Haha, stupid white american piggu! -Namco Bandai

What fusions are locked behind streetpass? I haven't seen anything to indicate that.

Wasn't this game censored?

Yeah, they replaced the swords with….sticks

Wait, that's why everyone's using sticks? I thought it was some sort of gag, the fuck. Also they fucked up the pronouns in plenty of places, a lot of female characters are mentioned by he in their descriptions and at one point even Towa is mentioned by he.

It was liked that in Xenoverse too one of the people at TFS mentioned Bandai's localization is quite crappy

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9gcxak0EsMc
Censored gaming

On mobile
Sorry for retardation if this has already been mentioned

Shit game

I agree user.

Did I dodge a bullet or miss out on making an army of majin buu husbands?

I bought a circle pad pro just for this.
kidding, my hands are cramping up with o3ds

the majin cacs only have 2 faces per gender, so you would not get an army.

Fucking gay.

That sounds like it might roundabout fix my shoulder button problem…

On the other hand though you can make a kai.

I'd fuck them, sure.

Seriously, I swear they where making fun of all the string of shows that keep showing using time traveling as a plot point.

Zamasu did nothing wrong. I am glad that we can play as a kai and finaly purify the world with our tears

Zamasu wasn't really edgy, just boring and talks too much. Not that he wasn't wrong but he's just too hypocritical with all the sins against time he's committed to care about. I just really would have prefered Future Trunks to die alongside the world he couldn't protect instead of just jumping to another one where another him didn't do anything to deserve that peace.

I'd fuck the shit out of Goku Black though

They might as well just have moved to the main universe and been regular characters instead of that stupid ending for them.