Payday 2: $4.99 for a Faster Reload Edition

So much for "no more bad business now that we left 505 Games :^)". Overshill are now cranking out DLCs once a month, and for the most recent one they didnt even try to hide how blatantly p2w it is. All it comes with is 12 mods and a grenade launcher that is already superior to both the China Puff and the Piglet. Oh, and one of the mods is a speed-pull mag that increases your reload speed by 100%, with no penalties whatsoever. At least they upped the number of skillsets to 15 so you can have even more builds.

Never bothered with this, never will.

Don't forget that it's not half off like the rest of dlc to wring out maximum shekels. Fuck overkike, so glad Mayday happened.

You need to go away

The problem with this fucking game is that starting on Mayhem 80% of the game's guns are too anemic to deal with the constant tidal wave of GenSec assholes.

When crossbows are the top meta in your modern shooter game it's time to pack it up.

literally the Good Goyim Pack

Is the only good part of PD2 the music

At this point yes. Luckily, Simon Viklund is now a freelancer so his talent is no longer being nailed down by Overkill.

Be glad you don't have "inflated HP values for funsies" gayday 2

Why, i mean the original payday on PS3 is a pretty solid port(though they excluded a level because of valve), but what compelled you to buy the same game twice?

I'm surprised they managed to keep this game alive for 4 years now, the game came out around when? 2012?

OVERKILL wanted to make a Crimewave edition with all the DLC for the console players, because they couldn't update the first console version. user probably fell for the meme that it would make the game just like PC Payday 2. They then abandoned Crimewave edition to pump out more DLC for PC. Last I heard, they're making another version with all the current DLC again.

It's as good a time as any to come back out of retirement

A Comprehensive List of Pay 2 Win in Payday 2

The game on release (August 13, 2013) was relatively balanced, but if you preordered, you'd get the Skull Mask and a gun sight, which was a rare drop for most players at the time. You also got the Armored Transport DLC (Nov. 14, 2013) for free by preordering, which also gave you the Commando 553, the Gruber Kurz, and the Swedish K, two of which were the most concealable weapons in the game at the point, before this feature was removed.

Gage Weapon Pack 1 (Dec. 5, 2013) added the Eagle Heavy, the Signature .40, a great pistol at the time, and the Spec Ops SMG, which was the first to be able to reach 40 Damage in the old system. It also came with grenades, which could stun enemies. However, you could buy a grenade case, which allowed peasant scum to use grenades too. At present, most SMG's can hit 40 easily, and there are community grenades.

Gage Weapon Pack 2 (Jan. 30, 2014) added LMG's which were, usually, worse than assault rifles, due to reduced ammo pickup. It also added the first melee weapons, which did slightly more damage, but would soon become irrelevant due to Community Brass Knuckles. Community LMG's were added on Crimefest 2015 (October 2015)

Gage Courier Pack (April 10, 2014) added Gage Courier mod packs. These were to be collected to gain access to Gage courier mods, which were usually better than vanilla mods. Peasant scum can still collect the packages for EXP, but cannot get what's inside. The Crimefest 2015 weapon rebalance made most of these obsolete, more or less.

Gage Sniper Pack (May 8, 2014) added Sniper Rifles, which could piecre Bulldozer armor and shields. It could kill Special enemies in one headshot, and maybe one body shot. We eventually got a community Sniper rifle later on (December 3, 2015), with the release of the free Bodhi pack.

The Big Bank Heist (June 17, 2014) was okay. It's weapon, the Falcon rifle, is a more or less copy of the Eagle Heavy. Now's as good a time to mention that buying the DLC allows you to host the heist, but peasants can still join.

Gage Shotgun Pack (July 3, 2014) added the M104, the Raven (the most concealable primary shotgun with a silencer, and had the largest magazine at that point), and the Street Sweeper (a secondary IZHMA, more or less). It added shotgun ammo types, including HE explosive rounds, which are like grenades you shoot out of a shotgun. 000 Buckshot made your shotgun do more damage (with an ammo decrease, until the Crimefest 2015 weapon rebalance). More melee were released, including the Survival Tomahawk, the melee that did the most damage at that point.

Looks like they picked a set of weapons that are under-utilized and decided to balance them by making you buy a DLC to get faster reload for them - Note despite the mod being usable for the AMCAR and AMR-16, you can't apply it to the CAR-4, because that's commonly used.

Not that I want to be the guy to defend them, this is obviously a balance patch behind a paywall. Eat shit overkill.

Can I still get all the DLC for free with that thing?
I stopped playing when they patched it out the first time.

What missions are like the Safe House Raid?

That was fun until the assholes stole all the ammo

The best part of Payday 2 is the music;
jesus christ that soundtrack is bangin'

Fuck Swedes though, don't trust them with not being blonde jew cucks

Recap Part 2

(Note: It was around here that a bright-eyed user bought Payday 2)

Gage Assault Pack (Sept. 4, 2014) included the Clarion, the Assault rifle with the highest DPS, the Gecko 7.62, the Gewher 3, and the GL40 grenade launcher, which was a grenade launcher. It did more damage than HE, but had much less ammo. Concealable, though, so pick your poison. Added melee concealability, and the most damaging, concealable weapons at that point.

Hotline Miami Heist (Sept. 30, 2014) added three SMGs, the Cobra, the Blaster 9mm, and the Uzi, which became the most accurate, 40-damage SMG in the game. Also included the Fire Axe, which had the highest damage in the game, but has an awkward animation, so it's less used.

Gage Historical Pack (Nov. 13, 2014) included the Broomstick pistol, the Pachett L2A1 (the most accurate 40-damage SMG in the game), the Nagant Rifle (the most concealable Sniper Rifle in the current game), and the Buzzsaw 42 (which some say is the best LMG in the game. I don't personally, but that could just be me). It also has the Trench Knife, a very high DPS concealable melee, and the Spear of Freedom, the highest damage melee that's useable.

The Diamond Heist (Dec. 16, 2014) included an average heist.

The Clover Character Pack (Dec. 16, 2014) includes Clover, the Queen's Wrath rifle, Clover's Shillelagh, and the Burglar perk deck, which was IS the only stealth perk deck in the game.

The Bomb Heists (Jan. 22, 2015) includes the heists, and the LEO pistol, which was said to be bretty gud, if Reddit is to be believed.

The Dragan Character Pack (Jan. 22, 2015) includes Dragan, the Lion's Roar rifle, Dragan's Cleaver Knife, and the Infiltrator perk deck, which was the first health-regen pack, or anything, in the game.

The Butcher's AK/CAR Mod Pack (Feb. 26, 2015) includes AK/CAR mods, which are infinitely better than vanilla, and only much better than Gage Courier Pack mods.

Jacket Character Pack (March 10, 2015) is not available in Australia. It's not great, anyway.

The OVERKILL pack (March 12, 2015) includes the minigun, which had no ammo pickup, and the HRL-7 RAWKET LAWNCHAIR which could 1-hit any enemy in the game, including the soon-to-be-released SWAT Turret.

The Butcher's BBQ pack (March 25, 2015) includes the Steakout 12G, which was the IZHMA shotgun with 15 more rounds in the magazine by default; the Piglet, which was the GL40 grenade launcher with 5 more rounds in the magazine by default; the Flamethrower, Dragon Breath shotgun shells, Molotov Cocktails (used for area denial), and fire damage; which could stun some enemies.

The Butcher's Western pack (April 30, 2015) includes the Repeater 1874, the highest magazine weak-ass sniper rifle; the Peacemaker .45, which was the highest damage revolver offset by it's per-bullet reload, instead of reloaded with a clip; the Plainsrider Bow, and the Dynamite, which is grenades but better.

The Alesso Heist (May 21, 2015) is okay is this regard, and this regard only.

The Golden Grin Heist (June 25, 2015) includes the Cavity 9mm rifle, which is a more concealable, bigger magazine'd M308; the Switchblade, which usurped the Trench Blade as high concealability DPS melee, and the Taser, which stops every enemy in their tracks, barring maybe the Bulldozer and Cloakers. We did eventually get a taser for free, though, with the Jimmy Character Pack (March 25, 2016)

The Sokol character pack (June 25, 2015) includes the Grinder perk deck, which did incredible health regen for damage dealt. If you believe anyone, this is the only thing in the pack. You heard it here first: there is nothing else of value in the Sokol Character pack.

Recap Part 3

The Gage Ninja pack (July 16, 2015) includes poison mechanics, the Lebensauger .308, which is an automatic sniper rifle; the Crossbow pistol, the Kross Vertex, which is a high-damage, high-DPS SMG; and the shuriken.

The Yakuza pack (Aug. 27, 2015) includes the katana, which has the highest damage and DPS of all melees, and the Micro Uzi, which has higher concealment than the Swedish K, due to OVERKILL "fixing" the bug of the Swedish K going below normal concealment, a few weeks before this pack dropped.

The Gage Chivalry pack (Sept. 10, 2015) added nothing of value to the game, until recently.

Crimefest 2015. This update made everything much worse than before, to such an extent that everyone probably knows about it. To summarize, all melee is the same now, assault rifles were trash, shotguns were trash, sniper rifles were trash, LMGs were great by virtue of not being the above, SMGs were Super Bullshit 64, and pistols were God's gift to mankind. All mods did less to improve guns, and the meta became even more constricted than it was.

The Point Break Heist (Dec. 3, 2015) added the Baby Deagle, a pistol that did 15 less damage for double the total ammo, and the Ice Pick, which has perfect concealment, high damage, and high DPS.

The Goat Sim Heist (Jan. 14, 2016) was good about this, and was unusually good. Not great, but nothing is in this game.

The Wolf Pack (Feb. 2016) released the China Puff, a grenade launcher secondary that has 3 rounds in the magazine.

The Sydney Character Pack (May 12, 2016) came with the Bootleg Rifle, which had 100 round magazine and that's it; and the Anrachist perk deck, released suspiciously close to the time when Grinder finally got nerfed. It also includes Sydney, so it's a toss-up.

The Biker Heist and Rust Character pack (June 17, 2016) came with the CR 805B, which is a Krinkov Kousin, the Breaker Shotgun, which I think is awful, but some say is neat, and the Biker perk deck, which is like a combo of Grinder and Anarchist.

The John Wick Weapon Pack (Oct. 20, 2016) came with the Desert Fox, which is highest conealment sniper rifle in the game.

The Gage Spec Ops pack (Yesterday, Nov 24, 2016) came with those 100% reduced reload magazines, and that godawful combination Grenade Launcher.

We have not improved. Things are not getting better. Give an inch, take a mile, etc. etc…

Does anyone have my older posts, by any chance? I'd like to see them again.

I forgot what DLC this game even has ever since I started using DLC unlocker.

By the way you forgot Housewarming party.

We had a pirated version I kept up to date and used a trainer to unlock everything. I used Jacket or Houston and my friend used Dallas or Wick. After the BBQ update though, they rearranged the files and the trainer no longer worked.

So now you gotta use data hooks or something and I don't want to recreate my shit for the however many times I've had to do it.

Use to be good, use to be fun. Hell, I logged 200+ hours in 2014 on pirate servers because it was fun. But now, not even worth pirating just simply because the grind is so harsh.

you also forgot about update 100 which changed EVERYTHING

It's honestly sort of disgusting how fast these fuckers shit out these content packs, the John Wick weapon pack wasn't even a full month ago and they've already put this out

t. an user who was a good goy for so long

Quite honestly it didn't change that much, the new shotgun they added for the community was laughably underpowered, even to the other shotguns in the base game, didn't even have anything that you could up the damage with

That sounds about par for the course on payday.

my friend has been telling me to get it.
and even though he gave me a fun game, i'm not sure about this.

Don't. Community abandoned it after Crimefest 2015 when they introduced the cases and even when they removed them it just isn't the same.

What makes you think those kikes haven't already developed those content packs and are just staggering the releases? Besides, it's just a few lines of code, some minor animating and effortless modelling - it's not as if they're overhauling the engine.

you are bad and should feel bad. fuck you for ever supporting shit like this

On a base level you get dynasty warriors with guns. If you're playing with friends go ahead, it's just that the game is mired with Swedish judaism though it can be circumvented with a dlc unlocker provided you don't mind being temporarily marked a"cheater".

Tell him to buy the OG

I thought everyone stopped playing this when they added the TF2 box kikery

Most did
Many still came back like the battered housewives they are.

It's good, but it's situational, and probably not DW viable. That's what I meant by that.

I didn't include that because I was trying to chronicle Pay 2 Win, and while I should have mentioned safes, it wouldn't make sense to do it for Update 100. Besides, who doesn't know about safes anyways, right?

Reminder that Jacket's "Nightmare" is the reminder that he isnt really Jacket

I DONT KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS

Meant to post this but whatever

Both the normal and mega versions are free

Descriptions are about what you'd expect

You mean this

Yes
Bless, man.

Good thing i didn't spend a dime on this garbage

I have one of the full recaps but I forgot where I put it.

Since the meta revolves around silenced weapons (yes silenced weapons are MORE powerful than loud ones on average because of several damage tweaks over time) because OK is retarded an integrally silenced weapon with good damage and great ammo economy is pretty nice.

(checked)

Plebbit aside, I put a suppressor on that shit, aced the skills in the Ghost tree and got it to do 119 damage per shot.
Word you're looking for is "speedloader", user.

t. /k/

But the new difficulties made almost every weapon obsolete, thus making the power creep even more significant.