Emulation Thread

Don't have any OP copypasta, just wanna know if anyone has ideal control settings or a specific build for the new Dolphin to play Metroid Prime Trilogy with a mouse and keyboard.

Other urls found in this thread:

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/444
ngemu.com/threads/peteopengl2tweak-tweaker-for-peteopengl2-plugin-w-gte-accuracy-hack.160319/
ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/
shikaver01.webcrow.jp/desmume_x432r/index.html
joytokey.net/en/
mega.nz/#F!WRcEybiS!XkS89zjkXlgscw9AJjXwrQ
pastebin.com/hicNfpCV
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files#PlayStation_3
github.com/jpd002/Play-
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_games_incompatible_with_PlayStation_2#PlayStation_2_games
getchip.com/pages/chip
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Just go there and enjoy the wiki.

ishiruka for wii and GC games

mednafen for 2D ps1 games and Sega Saturn games

Retroarch for all the other shit

and three different Dreamcast emulator who i can't remember the name

mame for arcade stuff and neogeo

ppsspp for psp games

and a really fucked up nightly build of pcsx2 for ps2 games

everything nicly build in launchbox with some commandlines and some extra settings for each game. And than building up a backlog of games i never played or never played to 100% End up with over 1300 games.

i forgot ps1 3D games, using pcsx-r PGSP with modded plug-ins. Anti-jitter to 100%, real 16:9 upscaled to 1080p.

im looking for a game where you had to rotate geometry to get a marble to a goal location in each level on the ps1, anyone know what the games called?

i had it on a demo disk when i was about 5, along with a JRPG which i will likely never find, and a fun little sidescrolling thing i cant remember too much about, that had giant green spores in the background. if anyone can recall the names of any of these games, i would really fucking appreciate it.

also blood omen best ps1 game after crash, and maybe spyro

Get a 7700K. With 6th gen emulation, STP is ridiculously important.

Do you remember what magazine the demo disk was from? I have the complete NTSC-U PSX collection downloaded, and that includes demo disks.

Metroid Prime runs like garbage on emulator until you play it for a long time, due to limitations with the shader cache. It has to render everything on the fly from what I read and will stutter when it encounters (has to make) something for the first time in the session.

10 frames is weird though, especially if you were using default settings.

nope, im afraid i dont
btw i live in a PAL region

Is there a decent guide to setting up PC98 emulation? I downloaded an archive of a ton of games that was linked here months ago, and now I'm trying to figure out how to set up my folder structure, among other things, and the amount of file types is a bit overwhelming.

Roll Away maybe?

Kula World is another name for that.

yes, thats the one
thank you

The fuck is MENU?

I have this one saved.

I'm trying to play Sega Saturn games using the Mednafen Saturn core on Retroarch. But it keeps bringing me to the Saturn's "Disk unsuitable for the system" menu. Is it because of region lock or how I converted my mdfs to the proper cue files?

So my flash cart just died, for what I can tell no reason at all, so I am looking at getting a new one.
At this moment I am strongly leaning towards getting a DSTWO but not entirely sure it's worth the cost.
and was kinda looking for a second opinion.

For most things I just grab all the cores for the system for RetroArch and try them all out. Other than that, I use Ishiiruka for Wii and most GC games, DOSBox for most DOS stuff, and if a PC game won't run on modern systems, I'll try to use a VM, though that hardly ever works to be honest. Some systems that I refuse to emulate and will instead stick to actual hardware are PS2, DS, sometimes GBA (for stuff that uses the link cable port) and sometimes GC (for stuff that interfaces with GBA and games I'm too lazy to copy my save over).

The one they recommend in the 3DS thread is this one: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html . I haven't used it myself, but it looks alright.

Is Citra not garbage yet? Are people uploading the home folder dump somewhere yet?

What's some of the best ROMhacks for NES to play? Only ones I play are the Roll Chan ones, any decent Metroid shit?

The castlevania 2 romhack is pretty good

Get an r4i like said.

I'm thinking about building myself a retropie handheld. Someone of you faggots done that? Is Pi able to survive full might of emulation retard?

Mario's Adventure is pretty neat. Speaking of romhacks, are there any Kirby romhacks?

you shouldn't use raspberry pi and should pick a better alternative, but yea you can pretty much emulate Snes and everything that came before it.

Installing Retropie as type. Remember to get one 2nd hand if any though, since SJW faggots. Don't go near Recalbox.

OK. Thanks m8s.

does the cue have the correct path? right click open with notepad(++) look if the name is correct and everything.

citra stucks in development for a good amount of time now, controller setting UI? never. Good file support? never. Still needs more than cemu? yep.

That actually is what I had before.
I was kinda hoping that it would last at least a year before crapping out though, so I am a bit hesitant to get another.

Yeah. But bear in mind I was converting mdf files. I'm using AnyBurn to convert image files.

I'm trying to emulate Donkey Kong 64 with RetroArch using two different core Mupen64 has sound crackling while GLupeN64 doesn't.
GLupeN64 has less options, but it can force widescreen for games that don't do widescreen. Mupen64 has more options, but doesn't force widescreen.
Annoyingly, when I set RetroArch to crop overscan it doesn't do it with any N64 cores so I get a black border around everything.

Project64 1.6 had no sound issues, but when I jumped into a tree on the first training course there were polygon glitches.
Sometimes in Mupen64 & GLupeN64 there are polygon glitches that freeze the game & I have to quickload.
Project64 can do Antialias & Anisotropic Filtering while neither of the RetroArch cores seem able to do that.

I'm not sure what to use. I like GLupeN64 ability to force widescreen, but don't like it's lack of other options.
GLupeN64 might update more recently than Mupen64.

Never mind. I just downloaded the Darkwater rips of the games. Currently playing Astal. Real shame this is so underrated.

Looks familiar, I think I got the scheme from you in the first place.

No idea, maybe it's the key with the Windows logo on it? I don't remember mapping that one.

Fuck Android. I'm sick of this shit.

Ok I encountered this weird shit with PCSX2.
I tried it with a bunch of games, including big ones like KH and FF, and it's always the same.
What am I missing here?

/emu/ seems very dead.

best rips so far.

hey this looks nice. Say user, what else do you play on saturn?

At this point everyone emulated everything they wanted.

PS2 games are almost all 480i, which means that it renders 240 lines and then the other 240 lines at 60hz totally but when you deinterlace it the end result is actually 30fps.

i would like to emulate vita but it seems there are to many retarded obstical. Never was it a problem to emulate a touchpad, as it never was a problem for a DS emulator or android/smartphone emulator but it seems for a vita emulator it is immposible. Also the fact that it is already hacked and yet the emu-dev scene is focusing on a ps3 emu, keep in mind that ps3 emu will only run on monster machines.

I'm a Mupen64 kind of guy right now since PJ64 decided to put malware in their installer one day.

A few games like Star Fox 64 work great in ParaLLEl though and it makes me hopeful for the future of N64 emulation.

avoid it by using retroarch, so you only dl the core. Anyway, didn't they take it out already?

Since when is there a PJ64 core in RetroArch? It's Mupen in there, not JP64.

Doesn't matter if they took it out and finally went open source. It's the principle of the matter. Fuck them and their whole project, ParaLLEl is the future anyway.

as far as i remember, simpleAutism made a video about it and than the pj64 immiditley backpaddelt.

I mean today there are two types of emulators - those that work, and those that don't, as opposed to like 5 years ago where half of PS2 and Wii games were perfectly playable and the other half was not, thus breeding food for discussion, workarounds and such.
Now you either emulates shit 100% perfectly or just not emulate it at all.
Cemu seem to be headinginto that 50/50 territory, but until it gets proper multi-core functionality you won't be playing ANYTHING without staggering.

Also friendly reminder that select few, including KH1&2 with their FM versions, games on PS2 have 60 fps patches that you can easily access through cheats_ws.zip file in PCSX2 folder.
Naturally it means you need a computer that can run normal PS2 game at 2x speed.

Yay! My 4790k runs stable at 5 GHz. Playing around with cemu and Citra finally pushed me to ignore noise and power consumption and go past 4.8 GHz. It's a shame that it does not help with the audio dragging in Citra, or shader/texture caching in cemu.

w-what temps is it hitting

Never goes above 65°C. Cheap water cooling FTW!

Does xenoblade x staggers for you?

Really now? gtx 1080 costs twice as much.

enjoy having to dial that clock down in a few months because your CPU isnt stable anymore

Don't have Xenoblade X.

Well shit.
It's not like I bought it either. But so far it's the only game I care for on Wii U.

try using prime95 and see your cpu melt lol

Clockwork Knight and Nights. Any recommendations?

Because what you see is the number of time an image is sent to the screen not the actual number of frames being rendered.
If you've ever used dolphin then that 60fps corresponds to the VFPS in Dolphin and because the PS2 is a pain in the ass it's apparently not easy to display the internal framerate reliably across all games.
github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/444 if you want more detail about why.

Is there a place to get Wii Isos? Or a method in ripping Wii CDs into isos?

Outside of private trackers you have the EP forum and loose public torrents.

There is, not sure if it's either using a flashed PC DVD drive or ripping to SD using a softmodded console, but I recall it being slow and far from perfect.

From what I recall, you need a drive that fits some specific criteria in order to rip Wii games directly on PC. You can easily do it on a softmodded Wii, but like the other guy said, it's slow as hell. Also, after ripping them into isos, you should convert them to WBFS so that you aren't wasting space on your drive with the empty disc space.

Are there any PC98 emulators for android?

Just a friendly reminder that emulation is vastly inferior to the original hardware, and a good CRT! There is nothing wrong with settling with emulation, but it is a lower end alternative and you can always get better results with the real deal. Be frugal and don't buy retarded expensive games, just run back ups.

If you mean mainly from a performance/stability Pov, I can see your point. However with emulation you get, better visuals, the ability to save at any point, don`t have to deal with hardware failing and trying to find adaptors for them. Finally load times are likely to be alot better.

Is pcsxr better to use than epsxe? And why ishiruka?

Thats right, emulated cuckoldry

If I'm going to emulate games, should I get overclockable core i5 or cheaper core i7 varient (Xeon)? Is power GPU (GeForce or Radeon) really that important?

Quad dubs, baby!

A mid range GPU is fine, but you want a CPU with as much single thread performance as possible. Overclocked i5s and i7s are the best choice at the moment.

CITRA IS DOGSHIT FUCK
WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT MAKING A BIZARRE FILE SYSTEM WITHOUT HEADS OR TAILS AND MAKING THE ENTIRE EMULATOR RELY ON A HOME FOLDER DUMP THAT NO ONE EVER UPLOADS WAS A GOOD IDEA??

I played the Gamecube version on Dolphin last summer on a 3570k and a 670GTX. Shit worked just fine besides every time I would jump into a pool of water and the framerate would drop for a second or so. I think I played it on 4x native or something without issue.

this

ishiruka is a dolphin emu for toaster who handle wii games way better.

pcsx-r as such isn't hard to set up, it is very simmilar to epsxe since it use the same pete'sOpGL stuff and so on. But! But as soon you start to modify it it can get very tricky,
for modded pete plug in
ngemu.com/threads/peteopengl2tweak-tweaker-for-peteopengl2-plugin-w-gte-accuracy-hack.160319/
and than the PGXP mod
ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/

you have to play around with it and keep in mind it is all beta and actually a very slow development. For 3D games it is perfect (almost) and you can use the widescreen hack for it too! Anything 2D should be played on mednafen anyway.
also, mednafen has the PGXP mod too

I'm new to JRPG's, I played Chrono Trigger and that was great. Want to emulate Grandia, which is the best version?

Thanks

Saturn's better but untranslated, I think there's a fan patch and I don't know how well it emulates.

Is it possible to download texture packs for DS games? I wanna play Mario 64 and the 3D models look good when playing the game on Desmume at a higher res, but the textures are still hideous.
Surely someone must've made a decent texture pack for this game, right?

Is there an easy way to emulate Mac OS 8.X/9.X games?

I've been reading up on my various options and they all seem fairly obnoxious.

Haven't touched DS emulators in a long while but the reasons why the textures are "hideous" is that unlike the N64 for example, the DS doesn't filter textures. I'm pretty sure the DS version of Mario 64 actually has higher res textures, they're just not filtered. Did you check your emulator video options to see if there's texture filtering options such as bilinear/trilinear?

I'm pretty sure you won't even need to overclocked stuff. You'll be fine as long as you don't get an AMD CPU (they're all shit at single thread performance)

Can't find such an option. I've looked around online and apparently texture filtering is a thing on the latest Desmume build - which doesn't support rendering the game at a higher res. So I'm forced to pick between higher res models and shitty textures, or low-res models and filtered textures.

nah, you can get higher resolutions but this has adverse effects in almost every game. Many games also emulate poorly and this hurts them. The best visuals are still original hardware, high quality video output and a good display that supports the resolution well. Load times aren't an issue, rarely does a good game get crippled with load times. Messing with timings presents issues, more accurate emulators are bound to have issues with forcing fast load times.

unless the game is designed for it, this ruins the game.

shikaver01.webcrow.jp/desmume_x432r/index.html

FUCKING NO$GBA HOW DO I GET BOKTAI TO RECOGNIZE THAT I SET THE SOLAR SENSOR TO "BRIGHT SUNLIGHT" JESUS FUCK THIS SHIT NEVER WORKS EVERY YEAR I THINK IT'S BEEN FIXED AND IT HASN'T FUCKING FUCKSTICKS THE HELL IS WRONG HERE

I AM INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED

mGBA, have fun.

That explains the smooth 30 fps on some games.

So…. Retroarch opened a Kickstarter… What's your opinion on that?

I… don't care, honestly. If they don't turn their emulator timed exclusive, I'm fine with that. Better than Project 64's old bullshit

You sure you're not talking about the patreon?

Any /vr/ anons out there familiar with Intellivision emulation? I don't think I've ever had this much trouble setting up an emulator before.

Can't find any documentation of MESS support or any BIOS zips, crashes every time I try running it.
Finnicky-as-fuck command line crap. Controller support seems non-existant and it crashes often.
Closest I've found to a satisfactory emulator, but it's crippled by it's poor controller support.

Is there a Retroarch core for this console by any chance? Can any of you enlighten me?

MESS has been merged into MAME, for intellivision you need to look out for software list rom sets.

what the fuck were you expecting

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>>/reddit/
>>>/out/

Anyone?

Link?

I'M ACTUALLY MORE INTERESTED IN A REAL, HONEST TO GOD, LEGAL RULING ON THE LEGALITY OF EMULATION VIS A VIS GAMES THAT ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO OBTAIN LEGALLY, ETC

I FIGURED IT OUT YOU HOLD THE SHOULDER BUTTONS AND PRESS LEFT AND RIGHT

BOKTAI'S A PRETTY GOOD GAME

Retroarch is dogshit on android. Have you actually used it or are just memespouting here?

How do King Kong and Big Red One perform currently on Dolphin?

I know it's possible to make texture packs for n64 games, but is it possible to swap models out?

Asking because i'd love to play the original version of majora's mask or OOT with the 3ds models and textures, even if the lighting is still from the n64 version

Don't see why not. There's that Sonic mod for OoT after all.

Got any clue how i'd go about doing that?

Playing Alundra using Mednafen, it seems I can't use the analog sticks? Using d-pad is really tiring and annoying. Google gives me nothing.

Don't use prime95 on Haswell. It can kill the power regulator even at stock clocks.

ROFL

Try JoyToKey

joytokey.net/en/

Hey, does anyone know how to get drums working in pcsx2 (or ps2 in general)? I got everything working down to the microphone, thanks to an autistic github library for steering wheel support on the USB driver which also supports mic and external drives for some reason, but drums still elude me and they are my most favorite to use!

I have searched far and wide and can't find anything.

The person working on lilypad is a faggot who won't work on drums for reasons but was more than happy to get guitars working no problem. I can't really hold it against him though since he's working for free.

are ps1 emulators good?
I wanna play moto racer 2

Not every USB peripheral has support, mic support was added only somewhat recently

Of course they're good, use ePSXe or mednafen, have fun.

thank

Get PCSX2, play Dark Cloud 2, earn at least 110 medals, assemble an outfit for a "sexy elegant lady", 100% game, commit sudoku in front of a shrine to Monica, be fulfilled in life.

I can run SH1 on my fucking phone, and beat BoF III + IV on it. It can't be that bad.

Best N64 emulator for Wii? I know some games like Smash got VC ports, but games like Conker didn't.
Also, my dog recently chewed up my Wii composite cables, so I guess I may as well upgrade to component. The only decent priced cables on Amazon are 3rd party cables, half or more of them probably being chink quality. Are there any cables someone could recommend?

Mostly torrents I think. There's no good sites for downloading Wii ROMs unfortunately. I used romulation, but it involved making several accounts and letting them sit for weeks before I could accumulate enough points to download anything. Then on top of that speeds were limited to something like 250K down.
I can't remember my account info even if you wanted to use the site. (It was a last resort for me.) If you have any requests, I have a few games I can upload to the share thread. (It's a mix of stuff I downloaded and ripped myself. A couple I've kept for the sake of archival.)

Ripping Wii games via a computer disk drive is a pain, assuming your drive even supports them. Just use the Wii.
Install the Homebrew Channel on your Wii if you haven't already. You can either use USB Loader GX or CleanRIP to rip both GC and Wii games. USB Loader GX makes the ROMs readily playable as wbfs if you want to play them on your Wii, but either program works. I think CleanRip only does iso though, so you'll need a program like wit-tools to convert them to wbfs.

Probably ask around at Romhacking or GBAtemp.

Eh fuck it, I'll spoonfeed.
mega.nz/#F!WRcEybiS!XkS89zjkXlgscw9AJjXwrQ

pastebin.com/hicNfpCV

Best N64 emulator for Wii? I know some games like Smash got VC ports, but games like Conker didn't.
Also, my dog recently chewed up my Wii composite cables, so I guess I may as well upgrade to component. The only decent priced cables on Amazon are 3rd party cables, half or more of them probably being chink quality. Are there any cables someone could recommend?

Mostly torrents I think. There's no good sites for downloading Wii ROMs unfortunately. I used romulation, but it involved making several accounts and letting them sit for weeks before I could accumulate enough points to download anything. Then on top of that speeds were limited to something like 250K down. I can't remember my account info even if you wanted to use the site. (It was a last resort for me. I don't recommend it if you can find the games elsewhere.) At least should have most of the good games.

Ripping Wii games via a computer disk drive is a pain, assuming your drive even supports them. Just use the Wii.
Install the Homebrew Channel on your Wii if you haven't already. You can either use USB Loader GX or CleanRIP to rip both GC and Wii games. USB Loader GX makes the ROMs readily playable as wbfs if you want to play them on your Wii, but either program works. I think CleanRip only does iso though, so you'll need a program like wit-tools to convert them to wbfs.

Only shame that Sonic and the Black Knight isn't on there. Looking for it for a while, not on usual sources.

This game really hates being emulated.

Nothing, if it's not on VC officially it's not playable on Wii (with a few exception but those do not include anything worth playing iirc)
Not64 is little more than a PoC and probably won't run anything in any sort of acceptable way.

Bump does anyone have a recent copy of the PS3`s Sys folder so that I can run RXCPS3 (or however it is spelt). The one I found last time didn't work and I still don`t have access to a Flasher.

The wiki linked somewhat near the top of the thread.

I'm going to get a 1060 soon. Will I finally be able to run the R&C trilogy on pcsx2 at an acceptable framerate at Software Mode?

Software mode is CPU bound so a bigger GPU is never gonna change anything
R&C work in hardware mode now but isn't that GPU heavy (4x works fine on my 770), you still need a very powerful CPU to get fullspeed everywhere (think [email protected]/* */ or better)

So there's no laptop that exists that can run R&C? Probably just going to get a 960m to improve Dolphin performance a little bit more.

Not fullspeed most of the time no, although 1 and 2 might be less demanding than 3 but 3 definitely won't run fullspeed all the time on any laptop.

Why would you use laptops for emulation?

because I want to merge my gaming and uni pc

And my laptop is3 years old. How long does a laptop usually last? This is actually the main reason why I'm thinking if buying one because I know a lot of people that had their laptops die lately.

m8 laptops are overpriced and underperforming. Keep a normal affordable laptop for work and stick to desktop.

I guess PS2 spoiled me. Does PS3 port run at 60 fps, or do I wait for full compilation on PS4 and buy it along with that movie station?

Been trying out DQ8 for the last 2 days, been a long time since I played a game that pretty much forced you to grind a bit right off the bat but it's a welcome change of pace from the braindead shit I've been playing all year long now. I was going to wait for the 3DS port, but apparently censorship has already come out in the form of altered costumes and my autism won't ever allow me to overlook that shit.

Having a quick look I don`t see anything remotely relating to it. It has links for how to flash ans such though.

You don't need to grind at all in DQ8 until the final boss.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files#PlayStation_3
Should be all you need to run RPCS3

Thanks alot, hopefully that will be the case. For some stupid reason I was expecting there to be direct links on the modding page or the emulator one.

Elaborate please?

SJW filled company.

That was the easy part. what I meant is are there any Pi alternatives for a tech-illiterate to create an emu station?

I have no idea about Linux and shit and would preferably want something with as little hassle to set up as possible. Mediuim hassle but with a good community would be OK too.

Trying to play Final Fantasy 3 on desmume results in the game giving a "unable to access backup memory" error.

How do I fix it?

I never had that problem. Just play Final Fantasy 3 on the PSP emulator ppsspp. It runs better and is not Dual Screen.

I ran into a similar problem trying to make a simple and cheap emulation box. I was originally going to go with a raspberry pi but I ended up looking into it and finding out I would pay less if I went with a cheap android tv box which in the end saved me a few bucks and gets comparable performance to the raspberry pi. Cheap android tv boxes can be gotten off of shady chineese sites for 15-30 bucks a pop.

My only problem now is finding a pair of decent bluetooth controllers that I can pair with a dongle.

I, I forgot there was a PSP version of that entirely. Thanks.

Her best outfit is starlight leotard, though.

A feature that I've recently discovered that I absolutely love, is "autosave on exit/autoload on startup" the ability to instantly resume from where you left off is very satisfying. Kind of like DS and PSP sleep mode. The emulators that feature this that I've discovered are 'snes9x EX+' and 'vinaboy advance', for Android.

>tfw okay-ish specs due to age replacing the case and motherboard soon so I can overclock

>mfw runs well despite stuttering issues which are common even on top-end machines
>mfw fully-playable
>mfw achieved decent Wii U emulation on a shitty computer that's two years older than it

What's the best place to get 3DS ROMs? I'm looking for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy Plus (the plus version was designed for the new 3DS).

Trying to run Wario Ware on Dolphin 5, getting 1FPS and severe system slowdown for no discernible reason. On the exact same machine I used to run everything full-speed on the last version of dolphin.

3dsiso is the one stop shop in my experience

I missed that the first time I looked because the others used 3 and I thought it was just the PS1 rerelease of 6 till I saw the file size.

correction, I get full framerate and no problems but only when dolphin is out of focus. Once focused on, the whole thing stutters and the framerate cuts in half. What gives?

Sounds like your Dolphin install has gotten a little tsundere, user. I'd try a new one.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Let me guess
You got a scene release it made you confused

Also don't bother with Me and My Katamari. It has fog issues which still haven't been fixed.

get a better computer.

pcsx2 is garbage. play! looks very promising buy as of right now, one dude is working on it. needs more contributers.

github.com/jpd002/Play-

Ain't no computer strong enough to remove stuttering from Dolphin
Hopefully their methods applied in Vulkan work

PCSX2 is better than Play! ever will be. No need to be retarded and separate development effort when PCSX2 is open source in the first place.

Also the fact that Play is android focused makes it dead on arrival but I guess it would be pretty impressive if it works.

pcsx2 has shit code and needs a bios.

this has clean code and doesn't need a bios.

if enough people work on play, play! could blow pcsx2 out of the water.

Do you even know what you are talking about?
Even with its "shit code" PCSX2 has made more progress than Play! and has attracted more dedicated contributors in the same time frame and needing bios is inconsequential because of how easy they are available.

let me know when I can play the jak and ratcher games on it withought any graphical issues and a good framerate.

more progress does not always mean "better". more than 10 years and the shit code is still apparent from games running at half speed, games having massive graphical issues like jak and ratchet, etc.

ps2 emulation needs to start from a clean slate.

on pc

You mean like right now?

Are you seriously this stupid?
Tell me how more progress is a bad thing in terms of an emulator.

I think he means "progress" as in # of total commits, and in that way he is right - it doesn't matter if an emulator has 2930749827394019823 controller plugins - the core of it needs to fucking work.

The problem is that the PS2's hardware is wonky as fuck, so perfect PS2 emulation is going to be a long way coming, and I really doubt PCSX2 in its current form will be the one to do it. A paradigm shift is needed in the approach.

Well I meant progress as in features implemented.
In this year alone PCSX2 has seen tremendous progress with mipmapping support, mic support, OpenGL blending optimizations, preliminary PS1 emulation support.

A waste of time for them seeing as Mednafen exists. Of all PS2 functionality to emulate, that one should be dead last on the list

see, there is the problem.

you could just use original hardware

this is an emulation thread, not a original hardware thread though

Doesn't matter only the B-team actually works on the PS1 part, the people who have enough skills/time to do anything else are not working on it or at-least not primarily, Gregory is the main person behind every big recent and coming improvements to PCSX2.

And going HLE like Play! surely won't fucking help emulate the PS2 in any sort of correct way, PCSX2 isn't unfixable an it's gonna stay the best thing we have for the next 5-10 years.

if you can't play the games you want to through emulation, the original hardware works. you don't need to settle for a worse solution for some weird ideological reason.

Who said anything about ideological reasons?

the ps2's picture was shit. don't lie to me.

Gonna emulate Yakuza 1 &2, pray for PS4 re-release of 3-5, and i'm gonna pick up 0 when it comes out, and probably 6 if I can ever play 3-5.

As for emulating 1 & 2 though, are there any specific settings for the best visuals? I shouldn't have any problems emulating it, I wouldn't think.

There are certain games that need the PS1 emulation to run.
PS2 slim couldn't run all the games that the fat one could because of that.

What PS2 games needs the PS1 emulation to function?

component is decent but use rgb if you want to fix that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_games_incompatible_with_PlayStation_2#PlayStation_2_games

For PCSX2 I've been using the 70012 bios, but is it better to use the bios from a different model number? In the past I experimented with different model PS1 bioses in emulators and did manage to see slightly different results (for example, some bioses would fuck the audio emulation in Spyro 2).

There are a handful of games that require the full boot option to work so those will require you to use a BIOS that matches the region of the game you're trying to play or else you'll get thrown bacj into the memcard menu.
The HK BIOS for some reason tends to crash and cause more issues than others so avoid using it
Other than that keep using whatever it is you're using.

OK cool, I think I chose this one because it was a later PS2 bios and I figured it might improve some things.

Whoops didn't see your link. That's interesting, but I have a feeling that has something to do with BIOS changes rather than the missing PS1 hardware. I could be wrong though.

still shit quality compared to the xbox and gamecube

How's SOCOM 2 on PCSX2? Is it still worth playing without the MP?

So where do you guys search for WiiU games? Google isn't returning shit.

Trying to play Tales of the Abyss on PCSX2. Fixing the ghosting problem was easy, but when I mash X to do a screen transition too quickly, the screen will remain on some background color and the music will play until the loop ends, or forever. It happened once on the title screen when I tried to start a new game, leaving me with a short music loop and then just black silence. It happened later when I tried to rush through the battle results screen. Instead of loading the area I was in, I was left with infinitely looped victory music and an orange rectangle. I want to play this, but I can't worry about the game essentially freezing whenever I leave the battle results screen a little to quickly. This problem could show up elsewhere too. Any advice?

yeah. Dont be an emucuck

Any of the PCFX games good, or should I not bother?

Has N64 emulation ever improved or has it just development for it stopped?

Is it possible to modify files on gc isos? I want to play F-Zero GX but I'd like to swap out the bgm for all the tracks for their F-Zero X or maybe some covers that I've found.

Iso`s are read only so you have to extract the iso, replacing the music files with the new one after renaming them so that they match as they game likely checks specifically for the name (also in theory but unlikely other metadata, like file size or checksum). Then recreating the iso and hoping for the best.

That sounds like a massive hassle to put up with. I suppose I can probably just mute the bgm and throw on a playlist or something. I hope it may become easier down the road, at least.

Isn't emulation itself cucking? Since we're cucking the companies out of more shekels?

It waa all therotical as I haven't tried it myself. There are very likely some tools available to at least extract music files from the associated archive if they are not just in a folder.

I'll attempt to do this tomorrow. No promises, but I'll do my best.

Not in any practical way, you'd need to reencode them in the specific format that's expected (and since codecs for that don't exist you'd basically have to make it yourself), then you'd also need to insert them back in the game.
That's also provided the game will handle filesizes being changed around without shitting itself.
And then there's still the problem of the game using multiple files per audio tracks (for dynamic music I assume) in some parts.

I tried the same thing with NSMB Wii. Turns out that you just need to know what you're doing and it isn't so bad. I used Wii Scrubber to replace the bgm, and to do that you need BrawlBox, brsar patcher and multi brstm channel if you have a wii bgm that had more than two channels. After a lot of trial and error, I finally did it. Now I'm interested in other game ISOs. Sega CD would be nice as well. Also PS2 for KH2 so I could replace Atlantis music with Protomen I guess

Just play it on GameCube or Wii, you bitch.

Also, can Wii U be hacked to get free games like 3DS can or no?

Best way to play PC-98 shit on PC? Everyone keeps pointing towards anex86 or T-98.

Can anyone guide me through the best process to set-up PCSX-R PGDP? I've attempted many different settings and used info from the wiki but it didn't help, it at-least runs but with several frustrating issues that I can't seem to get around:

Any ideas? I downloaded the latest version of ePSXe too but it just crashes every time I try loading an iso, fucking useless.

Should also mention another problem I have is that I've fucked with settings and haven't been able to restore them to default, even after deleting the whole emulator it keeps the shitty settings I wanted to start fresh on.

I seem to finally have the emulator configured to a satisfactory degree, but the fucking controls still don't work and I can't find out for the fucking life of me.

Why does everyone have a hard-on for this stupid busted-up piece of shit emulator again? It's just as bad if not worse than ePSXe.

Settings are kept in the registry
PGXP will lag to shit for one of several reasons, offscreen drawing is set on 2 in your graphics plugin, somehow that game needs the 4GB patch (haven't pinpointed exactly what makes some games on some config require it but now you know) or you're running on a toaster and don't realize that PGXP is very demanding compared to regular (1000+fps on vanilla with regular plugins compared to 300-200 with PGXP)
Controls will randomly totally seize up in PCSXR and you have to delete everything about PCSXR in the registry to get it going again, also use lilypad (copy it from the latest PCSX2 nightly)

PGXP and muh freedumz

Also if you have a Vulkan capable GPU and like PGXP you're probably gonna want to try the latest update to Mednafen PSX on Retroarch, it's pretty good if you're lucky enough to not have driver issues fuck you in the ass.

I appreciate your advice, user. Where would I find the registry info for PCSXR?

HKEY_USERS\"User ID"\Software\pcsxr

Sweet. I'll give it a shot and reboot, thanks again, user.

PGXP needs power and is still very alpha. read the forum ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/

keep in mind to not use the widscreen hack on 2D games, it won't work as you might think. The anti-jitter hack only works for a few games, sometimes perfectly and sometimes very bad. Grandia doesn't work but looks great with the widescreen hack, Ridge Racer Revolution looks like a new indie 16-bit edgy neon arcade racer. actually very imprssiv but it needs power.

as already mention, you will need to patch the exe with the 4Gbyte patch, also, use the 'memory only' (see image) and if you need, overclock the internal cpu to 1,5Ghz.

another thing is;
also good to use with PGXP together ngemu.com/threads/peteopengl2tweak-tweaker-for-peteopengl2-plugin-w-gte-accuracy-hack.160319/ and futurmore the modded audio plugin from there.

here.

Started playing Prime games since I never got around to it despite having bought trilogy for wii and, upon having lost it having never played it, trilogy on eshop for WiiU, which just collects dust and dropping by to say I don't know what that other user is talking about.

Game runs at 60fps everywhere, both gamecube and Wii. I tried both to see if I preferred playing gamecube with a gamecube controller (got the smash bros 4 gamecube usb adapter) or m+k controls for the wii. m+k with prime is working out amazingly well, and with antialiasing and 1080p internal resolution the game is a blast to play through. Currently on the sky temple hunt in prime 2 and the only bug I've had is that prime 2 doesn't scan if you use directx backend, you need opengl. Also the map drops in FPS for some reason. That's it. Everything else has worked perfectly and I even thought the game was bugging up when in prime 2 the fortress robot sentinels shut down your suit, which causes that 1fps greyed out effect as if your suit really is shutting down/being hacked was another emulation bug.
Savestates don't seem to work either, tried one once to see if it would and it didn't anyway.

I have missiles set to middle mouse, and the bumpers set to either mouse button so locking on is effectively like aiming down sights on any modern shooter, right mouse button. + and - are Q and E, 1 and 2 are 1 and 2.

I think for 3 I'll emulate rotating the wiimote with IJKL and moving the remote closer/further with scroll up/down and rotating it with MB4 and MB5, should work just fine, nunchuck waggle is an easy keybind already.

Also a question
Can the ratchet n clank trilogy and jak n daxter trilogy be emulated properly yet on pcsx2? I saw some update recently but it was still with like the native resolution so no upping in resolution. I feel like replaying them.

Oh specs: i5 3570K stock speeds, GTX 660ti. Nothing insanely cutting edge.
I wonder what primeanon's specs are that he lags so much

R&C yeah, just need a really good CPU to handle it (my 4770k doesn't handle 3 arenas all that well but the rest runs fine), a 660ti might get you 2x or 3x res just fine the games aren't that GPU demanding apparently.
Jak outside of 1 isn't getting fixed anytime soon, too many unrelated but gamebreaking issues all over the fucking place and that's if you ignore it being ridiculously demanding to begin with.>>11429433

I thought the third ratchet & clank game had terribly broken textures?

Fuck you. There hasn't been any captcha prompt for the last half hour until now.

Anyone here use citra? The new poke games are unplayable due to lag.

I guess vatniks BTFO.
(Protip: my sample size is 100% anecdotal dogshit, and so is this guy's.)

citra is shit, stuck forever in broken alpha. Even the simplest things can be merged because too many times people just left the project for no reason. Just look up the gamepad input disaster. There was a code ready to go for two month but never got merged because the guy left, never fixed it and when i came back he fixed it in one day but guess what, the build bot is too dumb too merge this now too! It's a clusterfuck, a shit-ton of thousend things who doesn't work and on top of it, any rom you try to get for it is either unplayble because some fucknuts thought it would be a good idea to not to uploade uncrypted files or the roms are on places so fucked up with thousend of broken websites between the downloade on some randome russia server. If you look into citra, you begin to understand why the emu scene slowed down. And dont let me start about nesixaXlive, these fuckers really thought it would be ok to be 'Gatekeeper' and hold the files back. Fuck this.

Is Fallon broadcast TV's version of Pewdiepie?

Mipmapping issues got fixed somewhat recently, there's still some misaligned effect but you can fix those for the most part, there's also some Z-fighting in places but nothing too bad

Citra's a shit emulator. Development was progressing slowly but surely and then thanks to some scene drama faggotry it's pretty-much stalled indefinitely. 3DS emulation is going to have to wait.

Storytime, please.

I hope you are still following the thread because I just heard of this thing and it sounds like it would be perfect for your project. getchip.com/pages/chip

Cheaper than the Pi and not made by sjws. Also there's another alternative, a Chinese knockoff called the "orangePi".

Not much to say really, some faggots have the bootrom dump necessary for citra to support encrypted roms / decryption without a console but they're not in a sharing mood.

Unless there's some other scene drama faggotry I'm not aware of which is likely since drama and faggotry s the blood of console hacking scenes.

I see you learned nothing. Are you retarded or a shill?

That says a lot for autistic retards, since fucking updates are encrypted.

One of the best game series' of all time.

Funnily, my rarest item was Rivendare's Deathcharger. Got it like 1 week before the drop rate was nerfed, my salt was unmatched for awhile.

Why the fuck would an aoe slow work? I can't think of a single situation it that it would help, plus lucio would be badly exposed.

Yeah because metroidvania is such an AAA genre. Retard.

The concrete power was so tacked on.

They didn't even bother to make a fucking super attack for it, so fucking lazy.

I dig that dark ending though.

so.. you're still dead, and killed yourself

so what if the body is still moving around, it's not yours, and you're dead

If someone really wanted to take the time to set it up, there could be tanlines from progressively skimpier bikinis.

start of Gasoline Alley level in Delta Force: Black Hawk Down

Who cares?

What you live in some 3rd world shithole?

Why do video games still not look considerably better than this?

If you want to point out the logical flaws of everything in Fo4 we're going to be here forever.

reddit

Fuck no. It's a great idea.

Nice work zelda

Or they could have cel shaded the game and it would look great.

Is there any modern game that does this that isn't doing it to utilize a gimmicky control scheme?

Oi Loiked it.

Keep the action combat but add character switching and a class system.

Don't make shitty bait threads.

wow
at least he isnt black, i cant imagine the shit you assholes would be saying

After I have a cyclops and a prawn what else is there to get in the game? Where else do I need to go? Never been in dunes or mountains because reapers but I guess with the prawn these areas are feasible now?

Yes.

Anything I have to know about emulating Mario Sunshine?

The 60fps hack looks good but isn't 100% stable, goes double if you start topping that off with widescreen hack and HD textures.

It will probably run like shit on my PC without those things anyway, but if not, I'll give them a try.

Well, it runs at 30fps with native resolution, barely. Other than that, the only problem I've had is the goo not damaging Mario, no matter what I change.
Now I can safely say that anyone who says that is a faggot. Also, I forgot how much of a QT Peach was in Sunshine.

This is the proper way to emulate ps1.

Not even old tvs use that.

do you live in alaska, nigger? wtf

AMD CPUs report wrong temps unless you use a specific program.