Pirate buys his first game

I just bought my first game, what was your first vidya purchase Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hY5Cph08Bqs
childrenofadeadearth.com/
childrenofadeadearth.wordpress.com/2016/04/15/how-realistic-is-it-actually/
childrenofadeadearth.boards.net/thread/175/pocket-nukes-showcase?page=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Either CS 1.6 or GT2.

You are a shill and you should leave, buying games is for fags

Deus Ex back in the day. First game that got me excited enough to actually go out and buy it instead of pirating it.

The Commandos collection.

Mario/Duck Hunt.

played thru deus ex again with Directx11 patch
never thought year 2000 game would actually look gorgeous.

The Tone Rebellion - back in ’98 I think it was.
Game has the best OST in a game I have heard: youtube.com/watch?v=hY5Cph08Bqs

counter strike that shipped with a bunch of other source engine "minigames", HL: Redemption, a cowboy western themed multiplayer shooter, ricochet and team fortress classic are the main games that come to mind

"the Orange Box before the Orange Box" i guess you could say probably should call it the yellow box because i remember the box being yellow

Sonic 3

Bought a lot of shareware games back in the early 90's with friends. Think I bought a few gameboy games as well, but can't remember which.
First proper game I remember buying was Fallout 1.

What games is that?

Try playing it with the GMDX mod, it's pretty great.

Starcraft 1. Brings back memories, especially when I skipped class and played it all day for the first time the day after I bought it and I honestly thought that was really outrageous of me.

SQUAD. made by modders from Project reality BF2 mod.

That's a tough one, I used to buy pirated "backup copies" op Playstation games back in the day; I'd need to rummage through old CDs to find a legal copy that wasn't gifted to me. I think my first 100% legit, own vidya purchase would be a Steam copy of Dark Souls. Which would mean that tacked-on multiplayer does boost sales after all.

Did it include Knuckles?

How underage are you?

I was tempted to jump on escape from tarkov, but I can't get beyond paying for something I can't play immediately.
I'm sure it'll have a discount after it's actually out.

21. piracy is legal and encouraged in my country.

tbh same, turns out im a sucker for immersive shooters.

Ace combat 2 here. I guess I should be happy I never found the disappointment that was the international version of 3.

in what country is piracy legal and encouraged?

Somalia?

Isn't the complete fan translation of 3 coming out mid December?

why didn't you buy a good game ?

In China it's almost impossible to find legit games. There are rumors that chinese cracker groups are sponsored by the chinese government to hurt western economies, though I think that may be a little tinfoil-ish.

Georgia.

what was wrong with the international version?

On steam it was Starforge, Yeah i know.

My first legitimate purchase was mechassault 1 for the original xbox.

A third of the missions are missing, the Production IG cutscenes are missing, the space mission is missing, the different endings are missing and the game runs like shit.

I got lots of games as gifts as a kid, but the first game I ever bought with my own proper paycheck was Mario Party on N64.

No idea, maybe Cannon Fodder?

No ally pilots.
No waifu bait.
I refuse to play untranslated because of the latter

I had to buy The Last of Us as a birthday present for my nephew, it costed me one hundred and twenty American dollary doos. It was the most horrible thing I've ever had to do and I've felt like shit ever since.

It's always multiplayer survival garbage. Don't bother.

Are all games that expensive where you live?
Teach him to pirate ASAP, holy fuck.

How old are you, OP? You can't be more than 18.

I've seen games selling for as high as 200 dollars for brand new AAA titles.

Atari 2600 and some games with it like jungle hunt and mr do

Probably like, 15 years ago when I was a kid.
You know you have to be over 18 to post here, right?

You have to be 18 to be able to post here
Enjoy your ban underaged retard
MARK MARK

I recall that I got Spyro the Dragon as a Christmas gift, so it was likely Spyro 2. But that was a long time ago.

Cancer

Do you live in Iceland?

Reminds me of Uru.

Something for Mega Drive II (Genesis for you, cyka blyats).
That said, I'm not sure it was a licensed copy. They all had cases and looked like legit cartridges.

learn to roleplay faggot

Cancer

I think it was the nintendo with the mario and duck hunt game.
First pc game was star craft and diablo found them at Costco when they sold games

Starcraft 2…

no, there are several covenants with multiplayer only aspects, the mutliplayer is quite good and the mechanics are used to tell half of the games story (stuff like solairs story, lautrics,witch beatrice ect)

you guys are turbogoys
I am 20 and I have never used my own money to buy a video game
I have a stupidly large collection of games that I play regularly.

From some budget edition in my shithole country of Poland (less than 5 bucks). Before that I onloy played my siblings games on their PCs or pirated them.

I've bought probably over 7000$ worth in video games and consoles up till 2007 so I just started pirating then because I've given enough of my shekels to the game industry. I will be a massive hypocrite and buy the game if the devs made it impossible to play without paying.

My first purchase was an used Zelda alttp. cart

I had to starve myself on school (no free food in the third world) for a month to save enough money to buy it

k-k-kurwa, are you gonna support CD projekt red in the upcoming series?

How the fuck do you shill for a concept?

maybe he's an adult who was always good at managing his money, and realized that you can get games for free with enough technical knowledge?

i myself didn't buy a single game until i was 21 and "catched up" with modern gen, before that i just got pirated copies for like the equivalent of 2 dollars out of local stores and then eventually learned to pirate myself when i was around 14, all you needed was that piece of shit eMule, a CD/DVD reader, and a few blank DVDs that were even cheaper than the pirated games on stores. thank god i later learned how torrents and p2p really worked.

y'all niggers don't even know the horror of this screenshot.

I didn't realize typing in "how do i get a game for free" on google was "technical knowledge"

checked

it is when you're 13.

you need to know how to install the CD/DVD recorder on your computer.
you need to know which download link is an obvious virus for retards and which isn't.
you need to know which speed to burn your game at in order to not fuck it up usually 4x for PS1 and 8x for PS2 was fine, if you made it faster/slower games could potentially fuck up
you need to at least know which brands of DVD aren't total fucking garbage.
also knowing what an .iso is, what programs to use for burning,

looking for knowledge on google is, in itself, a bit of knowledge, and learning what you get from google to apply it and get free games is also knowledge.
how about you google the definition of knowledge?

Megaman Legends.

I think Red Alert or Mortal Kombat 3, don't remember.

i didn't notice that bit.

i guess the underage revealed himself accidentally eh?

Anons i kinda wanted to try those games alongside some other old RPG but i really don't know which ones are good and which aren't.
My list is:

if you're new to old cRPG's.
after those move up to

Maniac Mansion IBM PC on a floppy disk.

A game I actually bought with my own money? Was probably something for N64 since in my SNES days my parents still bought my games. Might have been pic related.

Pokemon Red.

I was poor as fuck and bought it when ruby and Sapphire were already out and it was my first game, system and game costed like £10 total

That is an ok list. Go ahead and have fun

I want reasons to avoid some of those games tbh.
Anything would do

Official campaign is dogshit, expansions are a little better. The real meat of the game lies in fan modules and multiplayer serves.

Best stealth game to date. Great gameplay and good storytelling.

Possible the only good thing BioWare ever did. Other than that it's a cookie cutter D&D campaign with shitty combat.

Same as the above, only with a greater emphasis on the combat and you have to make the whole party.

Great action RPG with a heavy focus on exploration. This isn't your typical Bethesda game, so if you go poking your nose in places you're not supposed to you will get raped by high level enemies.

Play it for the story, which is one of the best in vidya. The gameplay is shit, even by IE standards.

Old game, also my favorite Ultima. The interface and gameplay might put you off because it came before modern standards were a thing. Also, you'll be rather lost if you have no clue about the general Ultima plot.

Great RPG with heavy emphasis on (delayed) choices and consequences. Expect whatever decisions you make to come bite you in the ass at a later date. Other than that I'd recommend getting the Full Combat Rebalance mod.

This is the first game I bought, if I recall.

I could care less about plot.
Which ones have the most fun gameplay?

Thief is the only one with gameplay that can stand on its own merits. The rest are all cRPGs, and most cRPGs have shit gameplay.

i think you're the underage here

I think it is time for me to do the decent thing, because I can't remember the first vidya gaem I've bought.

Well I've bought lots of legit games during the 2nd, 3rd and 4th gens because I didn't even know of piracy aside from PC. I've especially bought lots of games for the 3DO and Neo Geo CD since it was around the time I got my first jobs and didn't have to ask my parents for money anymore.

Then I got a modded PSX and started buying pirated CDs for 1/10 of the price, and pirating PC games from private FTPs and it only progressed from there. Haven't bought a single game in 20 years.

Tomb Raider.
Beacuse it had a girl with guns that jumped around doing cool shit.

Saw this shit shilled on /hgg/ yesterday. Pirated it, tried it for two hours, and immediately bought it. This is literally Space Warfare: The Game. IL-2 raped KSP and such was the fruit of their union.
childrenofadeadearth.com/
childrenofadeadearth.wordpress.com/2016/04/15/how-realistic-is-it-actually/
Now I know what to do if Immortal God-Emperor Trump get EM drive finished in our lifetime and go full MAIA.

i'm kinda of frustrated that i can't remember the first game i purchased with my own money, i remember the first game i played ever was sonic 3, and by mid highschool i had odd-jobs and stuff to make money to buy games, i was looting the gamestop bargain bin for ages back when they still stocked ps2 games for cheap it was awesome

Fester's Quest.

The original Mega Man a week after it came out

I was about to ask why your interface was different then mine and then I realized it was a picture off Google
If you ever run into a player by the name of Techki|| don't join his squad. He's a fucking faggot. He abuses his squad and team and doesn't play with the team and can't hold objectives when he says he will.

inb4 user in techki|| :^)

is* fuck

I only buy vidya on Linux nowadays actually I don't even play much vidya but try to support ports to my platform so I might have something to play when I do have the time.

But my first vidya purchase was Quake II.

Yeah i thought about that. He was a flaming homosexual and deserves to be ridiculed though. He whined to Admins like a little bitch after someone TK'd him for his shitty behavior.

Postal 2 in 2005 or so. You bought it through their website and they gave you a web link to download the game. No login, no protection, no nothing. It was just there for anyone to grab.

Sonic Action Pack for the PC.

Basically these games plus a built-in emulator for S+K. It even had problems with running too fast on more powerful systems.

That was around 2000. My first full-price game was Worms 3D.

Oh, and Sonic CD never fucking worked, still haven't played it to this day.

Sonic R was the shit though, still have the soundtrack.

I remember this fucking thing. Sonic & Knuckles refused to work.

even: buy Squad
odds: don't buy Squad
dubs: kill myself really quick

I think those are shills

WHAT NOW BITCH NIGGA

With my own money?
None

I think AC Wild World. Every game before that was either pirated or a gift.

doesn't zero count as even? I'll reroll anyway.

Welp. See you user.

Don't do it

subtle way of saying "my mom buys all of my vidya for me"

RIP user
Should've told him 0 is an odd number

American McGee's Alice.

Physical copy of pic related
It's probably was just a pirated copy, burned on disk though. Didn't had internet back in the days.

Haha look at all these poorfags in this thread.

Resident Evil from EB games

had to return it because I didn't have a video card

first PC game was shitman
first physical game was an imported FFVII

F

Pokemon Sapphire. I bought it with my birthday money.

Godzilla: Destroy All Montsers

if is still here
Witcher, Thief and Gothic (in this order) are probably the easiest to get into for modern gamurs, but all of the games on the list are great. Also, don't forget Arcanum and VtM: Bloodlines while you're at it.

With my own money? Probably something on the NES. The first purchased video game I had when I was young were Pacman and Centipede on the Atari 400.
Best cover art ever.

Download PR instead tbh

Squad

Yes, and what game are you shilling?

A Megaman game boy game with my lawn money, II I think.
I still like the music

Fucking this.

The first game I bought with my own money I belive was Super Mario 2. Saved up the cash by picking beer bottles and cans mostly from the ditch. It took a long time, but going to a store that sold videogames back then was a once or twice a year thing for me.

Mario Bros for the NES.

I recently purchased My Summer Perkele after trying a pirated copy.

How the fuck did this get under my radar…

How's the performance of that game? Please say it's better than shit-tier Unity not us :^)

I already have Arma 3, sell Project Reality to me. Yeah i know, it's free.

It's Squad but with a shit ton more content.

Minecraft, I believe.
That was back when Notch was showing the game off to 4chan, when creepers were still new with the rest of the game.

Marvellous, provided it's not 4 on 4 capital ship + missles + drones exchange on prograde vs retrograde encounter. Then, enjoy your 10 fps st the start and 5 second per frame when 500kt capital ships collide with each other at 20 km/s. If you have not crashed by this point, enjoy waiting for what's left alive encountering eachother again at much better fps. Generally pretty stable, but has some documented crash bugs like a overgigaton nuke nuking your RAM when attempting to detonate because the way equations are currently optimized.

What a time to be alive. Thanks for bringing this sim to my attention.

childrenofadeadearth.boards.net/thread/175/pocket-nukes-showcase?page=2

I find it funny in retrospect that I did so many chores to buy a game about doing chores.

Karen was my first waifu.

by making posts on the fullchan you are shilling. right now im shilling for the idea that posting is shilling for whatever is described in a post. if you are making a post that berates something, you are shilling for the idea of berating it

i want to fuck that big tittied fairy

I've only bought one game in the last 5 years but that's because it needed a $400 hardware security dongle to play.

It was better than Secret of Mana

Oh yeah i still have to play this game.

prepare for some comfy shit

reeeeeee

Based Mark.

I've still got it installed on my computer, and the original cd somewhere. I also have a cracked version of croc 2 floating around. I can understand why you didn't finish it, the controls were ass.