Is Darksiders 1 worth playing after the second one?

Is Darksiders 1 worth playing after the second one?
I liked DS2.

For being able to be up to date with the events up the first game, sure. DS2 improved the gameplay vastly though.

It's altright, very Zelda-esque. A little too much emphasis on fucking block pushing puzzles in the second half.

THE BEAMS, REDIRECT THE BEAMS

Yes, I actually think the first game is the best one even if combat is slightly worse.

It's more focused, without fluff like gear and sidequests, making it pretty much a reskinned zelda. It also has a much more interesting aesthetic. Instead of fantasy land, you have post-apocalyptic earth that is being encroached by fantasy land.

Yes. They're both different in their own ways where Darksiders 1 was more like Zelda, Darksiders 2 was a half finished Diablo meets DMC3 lite. Also Darksiders 2 has loot when Darksiders 1 doesn't.

I liked Darksiders 1 over 2. Definitely give it a go.

Darksiders 1 feels more cohesive and in fact feels more like a finished, proper game compared to the second.
The second has better combat and better animations but feels unfinished compared to the first.

In a perfect world, we would have Darksiders 1 as it is, and then Darksiders 2 as this grand, polished sequel that expands upon everything the first did right and would be considered the ultimate Darksiders experience.
But in our world, funding wasn't enough, time wasn't enough, and the team itself flat out didn't have the skill necessary to pull it off, so we're left with just an ok first game, and a sequel that never fully delivered as intended.

How come War ended up being edgier than Death?

Loot system was shit though considering the overall design on enemy encounters, you just don't fight all the time.

Because Death was the older brother, so wiser but also is dealing with the Death title.

DS3 is confirmed right? Fury or Strife? Angry whip lady or duel guns dickass thief?

But Death has the nothin' personnel stigma associated. I'm surprised it wasn't like that in the game.

Might be a 4-coop game, because muh multiplayer-game era.

rip

People have been pining for that since the first one.
I'd love it to be honest, there are like no action adventure games with multiplayer.

Still no confirmation, THQ Nordic is doing a shit ton of IPs right now, but how will they get a coop-game that doesn't limit "open-world adventure" aspect is gonna be interesting.

Since this is modern video games we're talking about, they'll probably make it another MMO or similar cancer.

Do it like Hunted: Demon's Forge? Or how L4D works, just put players on a map and everyone moves on to different zones. I don't really think DS needs an open world, just edgy and fun combat that leads to slaying big demons for big blood.

Yeah, better get back to my re-playing those two remastered games, still on my damn backlog.

It'll ruin the Horsemen thing and exploration, you know, imagining them mounting up in formation and giving everyone the Four Horsemen Apocalypse vibe while charging towards a horde of demons, angels, and old ones.

So make it a big zone.

Didn't RDR have open-world with co-op?

It's gonna have to be like L4D at this rate, can't imagine them going non-stop adventure pacing.

The co-op mission packs? yeah, it could go like that, just thinking this game is gonna get multiplayer like that with customization, loot, and shit, like every other fucking modern game right now.

Bich.

Even if it is, most of the old people have left to work in different studios.
A bunch of them (including the art director of DS1-2) now work on Battle Chasers: Nightwar. The combat designer of DS2 works in Riot Games now.

So at this point I'd prefer if they just gave the IP to another studio with a good record than risk and assemble a new team with no record who might or might not fuck it up.

Not getting my hopes up, look at Darksiders 2, huge levels, most of them empty and it gets progressively smaller till you reach the end, that's what it felt to me, then THQ died because of that shitty uDraw Tablet.

There's always Four Swords Adventure.

Poetic justice

Fun fact, I wanted to mention that title, but I thought people might get mad at me for that.

Why do you want exploration when you're playing multiplayer with the four horsemen?

Exactly, who gives a shit about a high quality handcrafted video game when you can just squeeze out multiplayer modes and let the players be the content!

Because exploration is the only thing that can be hand crafted in a video game

I've got to say, Darksiders, from the little that I played of it, is BLAND as shit. The combat felt very repetitive, the visuals were generic, the music was super forgettable and the camera kind of got in the way fairly frequently.

Nah, fuck that, I like the multiplayer angle better. After all, everything is fun with friends. We can save money on development and the players will still love it.

1 is way better than 2.

Jesper Kyd was really great in 2. Post /mu/

fug

Michael Wincott

Because Death is actually a guy pretending to be an edgelord so people would bother him less. War is an edgelord because he's just angrier than Death. He's actually a pretty chill guy whose entire motivation for the game is to help his little brother out because he's in trouble.

for me DS2 was meh/ 10, should I even pirate DS1? DS2 felt little boring and empty, also I don't give any fug about the story or characters, I don't even know what was happening in the game, I mostly liked puzzles and trying to get all the treasures

Better than the second, because it doesn't have the retarded Diablo-clone loot. War is also slower than Death in general, which makes the hits more satisfying.

but does it have dem puzzles and exploration?

Death was pretty great. Unfortunate that 2 was so damn unfinished as it was really enjoyable.

1 has more puzzles than 2 from what I can tell. It also has exploration.

It's been a while since I played 1 and I dropped 2 after just a few hours.

thank, I'll consider then

So out of curiosity, where is the rest of Vigil's crew at after THQ's demise? Because I don't buy that they've formed Gunfire Games and started making shitty third person VR games

I remember opening the big door thing and being so surprised that the final boss was there. I mean I was expecting it to be one final dungeon.

Some of them followed Joe Madureira(comic book guy) to found Airship Syndicate and continue where Battle Chasers was left off with some JRPG game, they also have a crossover shit with Indivisible kikestarter(Skullgurls)