ACE COMBAT THREAD

ACE COMBAT 7 CONFIRMED PLAYABLE AT PSX 2016

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/23/playstation-experience-2016-panel-lineup-100-playable-games/

"FROM THE DEPTHS OF DESPAIR AWAKENS THE RAZGRIZ,
ITS RAVEN WINGS ABLAZE IN MAJESTIC LIGHT"

Also general Ace Combat thread I suppose

>Would you fug your planefu?

Other urls found in this thread:

useatoday.blogspot.com/2015/07/re-disc-1.html
buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
poal.me/wp2jfy
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_combat_manoeuvring
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

My prediction
it will have a PC port

I don't know if I should get hype, not after assault horizon and infinity

Posting thread theme, don't have anything to say till I see what they have to fucking show for.

CUM

I'd say it's fair to be hyped this time. Those were both spinoff games, and AC has had many other shitty spinoffs before. We know DFM is 100% gone, we know we're back in strangereal, we know we're getting new mechanics such as weather and radar return, and we know it won't be free-to-play. So far, aside from the silence from the developers since it's announcement, I've only been seeing good signs.

I'd fug Edge. Hopefully we get to see Edge, the most loyal waifu of all.

Did the AC community migrate to Holla Forums?
Or most of them are still in /vg/?
Because it's already a pretty niche community, if they aren't here, once the game comes out you're gonna have nothing but shitposting, dumb ass questions, and dead threads after the first week.
Well, either way best of luck, you're gonna need it.

Since there's gonna be a lot of acefags in here I figure I might as well ask. A couple years ago I saw a wonderful video on youtube that some fan had made, splicing together several cutscenes and neatly editing them into a gripping tale of a last ditch effort to get jets launched from a sinking carrier. Tonally speaking it was near identical to the "tomorrow" video but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called or who made it. Anyone know what the video I'm looking for is called?

But user are you sure you're not thinking about what actually happens in the game?

If we get to see the AC5 squadron I'm going to be infinitely happy. The AC7 announcement trailer featured AC5 music and a bunch of people who worked on AC5 are working in AC7 so who knows we might end up with a connected story.

Not all of them user…

A bro and a hero ;_;

A reminder.

"WHAT HAS BORDERS GIVEN US?"

What did he mean by this?

No PC port, no purchase. Fuck Sony and fuck consoles.

… tell me this is true. My psone is not prepared….

Holy shit yes. Is this just going to be an ISO you pop into an emulator, or something more?

PCfats BTFO

disc one is already translated and playable:
useatoday.blogspot.com/2015/07/re-disc-1.html

How many discs was it again? 2 or 3?

I'm not familiar with xdelta UI patching or anything like that. Will it work with Mednafen/Retroarch?

Better fucking be in Strangereal

Might be the decisive title for me to get a next gen console if the game doesn't suck.

I'm 99% certain Strangereal was already confirmed. After all, the trailer features a fucking space elevator, I don't think they would try to put that on real Earth.

Afterwards they will remaster old Ace Combat games.
Through the power of meme magic it will be so!

2 discs, and an append disc which seems to be a soundtrack from what I can gather
once patched the iso should work regardless of emulator (for PS1, I use ePSXe or XEBRA. The former for speed and resolution, the latter for crazy accuracy and running Tron Bonne without freezing)
although, the patch itself is not particularly good as of yet. Like an alpha patch from the boom of rom translation

and xDelta is such a bitch to use. I created a fucking run command and saved it to a text file because i couldn't get the UI to work for so long

Strangereal is confirmed. Planes in the announcement trailer have Erusean and I think Osean emblems.

IT BEGINS

To clear up any misconceptions:

A LIST OF EVERYTHING CONFIRMED ABOUT ACE COMBAT 7

Yes.

I've only played 1, 4, 5, and X. Planning to play 2, 3, and Zero prior to the launch of 7, any other titles I should prioritize? I also have the arcade one downloaded for MAME but I never see it talked about.

Inb4 jousting with clouds masking the enemy approach.

Sounds like a good plan. 6 is worth playing, but not if you don't already have a 360.

This is too good to be true.

Fucking hell I am EXCITED.

I hope there's a huge air-to-air brawl like Comona.

The CFA44 alone is worth it

Maybe? We have pretty regular AC threads.

You're retarded. The main, numbered releases have always been on console, and always exclusives.

If you're playing all the other numbered releases, you should also play AC6. It's cheesy as hell, but great overall. It has big battles with lots of operations going on simultaneously, which makes you really feel like part of the war effort.

>tfw your planefu isn't in the game
>To add insult to injury, it's in both HAWX games

Exactly my point. I refuse to buy games that require me to buy a gimped-as-fuck Plebbox that is currrently just a limited-function x86 PC anyway

[email protected]/* */ SKINS WHEN

Then you probably never played AC to begin with, so why should anyone give a fuck that you're not going to start now?

Because PS2 emulation doesn't exist or anything

XEBRA is deprecated, Mednafen is superior. I'd only use XEBRA if you have a good technical reason to use it. I do agree with ePSXe for speed if that's needed though. It always seemed more accurate than PCSX-R.

Mind posting your batch file? I have a feeling I will need it.

Then don't. We don't have to give a fuck about your shit taste.

My hope for end game prototype craft.

Pretty sure there's a couple of JP only macross games that allow you to do exactly that, one is one PS1 iirc.

Honestly a tie between Zero and 04
Su-47
Also Su-47
CUM
Better than AC6
Hell yeah I would, the Su-47 Berkut is Bercute

It means books are for fucking dorks

Captcha was cuntza, nice

AC emulation sucks balls, so thanks for outing yourself I guess.

CUM HISTORIA

To be fair it became infinitely better with the latest PCSX2 updates, but 04 is still a little weird from what I've heard.

Found it

There will be no [email protected]/* */ skins. Instead your squad is [email protected]/* */.

Tie between AC4 and AC5
Pic related
Pic related
CUM
It probably won't be the best AC but I'd like to be surprised.
Yeh

:^)

Fucking glorious. Gonna have to download that later.

It works fine, get with the times.

SW mode has worked for quite some time but it's not a solution for most peopl as it require a decent desktop i5 at-least to handle stable framerate throughout the series
HW mode was fixed almost entirely for 5 and 0, 4 still has a handful of issues but nowhere near as bad as before, the upside is that it's way less resource heavy.

There's a PS2 Robotech (macross based) game.

Yeah you need some horsepower (I'm on i7-2600k) but still, it works. Only real problem I've seen via the hardware hack (listed below) is that the sun flare is messed up. Beyond that it seems to work well.

>Grab the latest build of PCSX2 from this link buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

all ace combat games suck, why would you fly a plane? it's not even real or fun, you can't even fly

I know. I made the thread discussing that on here when it first became a thing.

Here's your (you).

I understand that there's some cool planes in this game but why don't you guys like/play flight sims again?

Ace Combat is a bit more arcadey for fun with an anime storyline. It's not meant to be an autism simulator.

Who said we didn't? Realistic 5th gen flight sim never ever

Though 5's plane selection is pretty damn autistic, especially the sheer grind to get some of them.

Because sometimes I just wanna fuck up a laserbeam shooting superweapon man

3. Best story.
I have an unhealthy fetish for the Mig-31 and the R-103 from AC3
My heart is divided by the Mig-31 and YF-23
CUM
Blaze will come back and fuck asses by only saying the words "yes" or "no"
I am not worthy of a planefu. But yes I would.

Seen this happen too many times.

GRIPEN
A QT

Great taste
I got legit addicted to this game at a time
Dindt' even sleep for 2 days

Gripen-chan will be defending huezil's skies with dat ass in the future
I am for once proud of my country

I'll be sure to treat it well

There is talks Finland will buy some as well.
Glory to Gripen.

I'm going to replay it soon, probably after I finish up my current playthrough of Destroy All Humans!

Why isn't she taking the BBC?

Is there a country more cucked than sweden? honest question, because so far I haven seen any

with Denuvo

poal.me/wp2jfy

I'm proud of Brazil, not Sweden lol

I blame Belka if that happens.

ActuallyNigger plz….

Why did Australia retire her, Holla Forums? She was an amazing machine capable of taking off with 30 tons of fuel and weapons…

I mean, the US retired her because we have the B-1B and F-15E that supplanted her role entirely, but Australia doesn't.

At the very least why the fuck isn't she in Ace Combat, I mean even that shitheap HAWX has her…

Don't get me wrong, i'm a HUE but did you see the fucking atrocity that they did to the cockpit?
PIC FUCKING RELATED

To be fair, most fighters are pretty much fucked if they take even a little fire. Those engines are so damn delicate FOD vaccuum trucks have to patrol the airfield constantly. One stray nut or screw in an intake and those blades are fucked.

That and fighter on fighter action is generally handled with ATAMs at ranges well beyond visibility.

yes it's jewtube

here's the actual thing, on turbine enignes

Thankfully I worked on Turboprops that really didn't give a good god damn, but yeah. Fighters are fragile as fuck. Glass cannon doesn't even begin to describe it.

They buried her to appease the Gods.

WHY
H
Y

what, would you rather they be scrapped?

Use it again. No point it letting it just rust in some ditch.

Theres also talks they want to blow our budget to buy f35's
If they go full retard and do it we can propably afford two.

Anyone got the san andreas theme version?
I forgot to save it last time I saw the webm and I cant find it.

?

Oh sweet, thanks man.

Fucking synchronicity.

I was just watching videos of this game yesterday after fondly recalling playing a demo of it back when demo disks were a thing.

C'mon, man.

I knew turbines were more complex than I knew, but holy shit.

These videos are awesome. Turbine compressors look like superweapons themselves.

I want to support Ace Combat, but I don't want to support terrible anti-consumer practices. It's a lose-lose situation if they use Denuvo.

Finally
someone to share mai waifu with
/k/ can get fucked

CU–

I've had this image for almost 5 years and I've never had an excuse to post it

That sounds a lot like Mad Max but with aircraft instead. Which, I guess is almost Ace Combat anyway since the Ulysses disaster fucked a lot of shit up, albeit not to the point of an apocalypse.

I wouldn't mind a Mad Max style Ace Combat where real world planes are artifacts refitted with rat mods. Though they'd probably be better off going back to Electrosphere or even further modifying them to go to space like in Air Force Delta Strike

Once production lines close and spare parts get rare, operational costs increase exponentially.

F-35 was overpriced garbage.

Counterpoint: the F-35A will eventually be only overpriced.

What plane do you hope for in this game that has not been in any other?
I want the Viggen.

Has the Su-25 ever been in an AC game? I want it.

There was or at least I remember a game where you where using a robot that could become a plane, and you were wrecking other mechas and shit…..I played on PC in 1999 I think? I will look for it and give you an idea

Got it. This is really a 8/10 robot plane game

Stay buttblasted faggot.

It's like you don't even dance with the angels.

Nigger, you can go the fuck back to reddit now, take your Sonygger shilling with you.

Literally the ideal situation. The only reason to own that fucking crate.

(SIEG HEIL)
This thread be like pic related

Except it's not overpriced. Current LRIP 9 costs were at around 97 million per F-35A (engine included) and next year's LRIP 10 batch is priced at around 93 million per F-35A. The prices of all 3 variants have been going down ever since they first flew. Actually research these claims before you spout them.

Lockheed Shill please leave. Nobody likes having to do business with your company unless you are a politician.

V2 WILL PUNISH US FOR THESE SINS

I do not have a ps4, but I really want want this game to be good and to make Ace Combat Great Again.

If that were the ACTUAL cost it would leave use with a fleet of 10309 planes.

At present we don't even have ONE that is even mission ready.

Lockheed jews BEGONE.

And it's replacing a plane that cost $20 million each and airframe numbers are going to suffer accordingly. And the F-22 was projected to fall below $100 million each by the end of its production run, and the F-22 was cancelled in favor of the F-35 because it was supposed to be much cheaper (not true) and nearly as good (lmao).

Reminds me of Pentagon Wars.

Holy fuck that is a STUNNING lack of understanding of how aircraft development works and the JSF program.

The program so far hasn't cost anywhere near that much. That's the estimated cost of development, production, and maintenance of every single F-35 worldwide (~3164) up until the expected retirement of the Lightning in 2050. This cost won't just be paid by the US either. All 11 partner states will be paying their part of that. I can understand the confusion over this, however. The DoD decided present program costs in this way (total projected cost instead of costs so-far) after criticisms were made due to the costs of the F-15, F-16, and F-22 programs. After seeing the public confusion and new criticisms that came out of it, they decided to switch to the old format for the B-21.

That's… that's not how aircraft development programs work. Like at all. The cost of the program isn't just based on how much the airframe costs. It's nowhere near that simple.

Except they do. There are three combat capable squadrons of F-35s currently serving in the US. One F-35A squadron in the Air Force (34th FS) and two F-35B squadrons in the Marines (VMFA-121 and VMFA-211). All 12 F-23Bs in the video I posted previously were combat-coded and can be deployed early if needed. If all goes according to plan then they will be deployed for combat ops next year.

Oh fuck is this happening again? I guess it does happen pretty much every Ace Combat thread. Time to throw out the bingo sheets and see who wins.

Here's another bingo sheet for those of you following at home who have already filled up the other one.

What's a hot fuel?

There's a myth that basically states that the F-35 can't run on fuel that's been heated in the sun, which is why the USAF decided to paint their fuel trucks white. The reality is that the USAF were already planning to do this, as the change benefits all jet aircraft.

OY VEY

samefag

Isn't fuel supposed to get warm anyway?
What did they think it runs on, cold fusion?

The fuel is used as coolant for electronics in many fighters and other aircraft, so it's better if it's cooler inside the jet.

Threadly reminder, F-35 Apologists and Lockheed shills are why we can't have nice threads.

You shitting it up with your shitposting isn't helping either.

Is ace combat 5 much different to 4? Does it at least emulate better?
I've only played 4 and want to play more but want something a little more.

5 definitely emulates better. Gameplay wise they're not much different but I personally enjoyed 5 more because of the badass soundtrack and great characters.

Bingo cards are supposed to be filled out with common lies, they exist as a reaction to template shilling. I don't understand what this one is supposed to be.

This one was made later by someone who knew this but it's still not very good. Squares overlap, quotes can't decide if they want to be references to concepts or quotes of things that people said, squares reference things that happened or continue to happen as if just referencing them is an effective denial.

Your samefagging and Lockheed Shilling started this train, you're welcome to leave and never come back any time.

And holy shit that plane roster in 5.

What the fuck.

What about zero and six?

This is almost as sad and pathetic as the Abrams Bingo.
Also how do you justify the fact that they outsourced production of components of the F-35 to 48 US States?
Either way Lockheed Shill please leave and stop shitting up threads. Nobody likes you and nobody wants you.

Zero is basically 5's expansion pack. Plays roughly the same with a moral choice system to unlock paint schemes. You can either destroy non-combatant targets of opportunity or let them live.

6 is basically the same as Ace Combat 5 in terms of mechanics, pretty solid, though it loves to just flood the airspace with targets, making it a bitch and a half to pick which one you actually want to engage.

Actually, my dealings with Sikorsky have improved immensely since they were bought out by LM.

Six is larger and has a bunch of different operations happening at once. I haven't played zero so I'm not sure, but from what I've heard it's not much different.

This is also how it is in rocket engines too IIRC. Having your fuel also be the coolant allows your aircraft or spacecraft be much lighter, as you don't have to carry separate coolant.

So what did Sony do to you personally? :^)

Sikorsky? You work for one of their suppliers or something?

Because presenting things as jobs programs to congress is literally the only way to get anything ok'd anymore in this fucking country. Congressmen don't care about efficient planning, they care about how many jobs they can say they brought to their state when it comes time for reelection. NASA has the exact same issue, and that's why they're being left in the dust by companies like SpaceX.

New Flight Highschool 4koma came out today

Fuck off, cancer.

This is garbage, fuck off with it. Nobody likes it besides autistic retards.

Didn't Bamco shut down the servers for multiplayer for Assault Horizon, or am I just misremembering things?

No idea, but does anyone play that still?
I know the PC edition still works but the population is dead

I think AssHor used GFWL at first and then moved to using Steam.

There's other things they could be posting.

Roomie just walked in w/two copies for console, but I remember hearing something about how it was down even on Xbox (not sure on PS3).

Battlecry was great. Except it would force you out of a mode if it deemed you needed a specific one per level. Was frustrating when I wanted to fly in some of the city levels.

Contrarian shitposter detected
Filter and move along, lads.

Kill yourself, faggot

Not AC6:^}
Stay mad faggot, console war is for shit people like you the only way to play vidya is being an idort

A-10 is the cutest

Tied between 4, 5, and Zero
Tomcat
SU-37
CUM
Banter from teammates and [email protected]/* */ dlc skins.
Would definitely pilot.

Zero and 6. Infinity's all right too, I guess.

F-15E -Chihaya- and F-14D -Azusa- forever and ever, and their non-aidoru variants, I guess. Also, the X-29 and F-16XL.

F-14 all day every day.

CUM
U
M

[email protected]/* */ skins. Cinderella Girls only.
Also, shitty netcode that all but the most diehard aces will get frustrated with.

planefu is for remove troia, not fug

Ace Combat X
XFA-27
F-104S
CUM
DLC and broken promises.

Is there some real theorycrafting on dogfighting around? I feel whenever I am playing AC I am just flying around until I get a chance to unload missiles, there is no real conscious strategy to it that I use. Besides like slowing down to make better turns or maintain a better aim.

Little details like that kinda makes the stupid "planes on back" shit worth it. At least he's doing something with it I guess.

You won't really need it unless you're playing a more realistic flight sim, but this page has a good list of basic and advanced maneuvers: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_combat_manoeuvring

Which fighter squadron has the best insignia?

G A R U D A

4/5 of them seem like furrys

A split between 5 and Zero
The XR-45 Cariburn. I'm a sucker for fictional planes with forward swept wings
Test planes? F-15 MTD. Shit that was actually used? F14D
CUM
Either some kind of lead up to the state of the world in Electrosphere, or retcons Electrosphere outright to set up for more sequels and a Strangereal version of Infinity
You don't fuck a planefu, you fuck a qt pilot in your planefu

Anyway have some Gracemeria, Star Fox edition.

THEM TRIPS

more like 1/5, I'm assuming inspired by american sport team mascots

Actually cartoon characters have a long standing history in US Air Force unit insignia. They're slowly been retired due to copyright holders getting pissy.

didn't know that
always the jews

What pisses most airmen off is the purging of some of the more badass insignias. Take my old unit, the 353rd SOMXS. The only remnant of the old badassery that was part of the old guard is in the squadron coin. The new neutered and simplistic patch is just so fucking crap. Not that anybody has them anymore because the higher ups seem to think making the people who actually work different from the fucking desk jockeys at Finance via specific unit insignia on their uniforms was causing "Divisions" in cohesion or some bullshit. Pictures related.

Morale insignias best insignias.

I'm sincerely convinced that if you murdered everyone above the rank of major, the Air Force would be vastly improved as an organization and there'd probably be fewer rapes to boot.

Project Aces just released a picture of fucking nothing on Twitter.

It seems to be a Super Hornet cockpit

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'M HYPE

Only game worth having a VR thingy for.

Can't wait to see more.

FUCKING BRACE

You can't see it but that lever says "Pull to CUM HISTORIA"

If any of you niggers are going to PSX, you'd better tell us how this plays.

Gee, ya think?

IT'S FUCKING ON NOW CHAPS

Well a lot of the older furries like Steve Gallaci were vets so it's likely there are more furries now than back then

in b4 military bronies

I don't think it's in Norway's policy to buy arms from Islamic Nations.

;-;7

What a deal!

Except multiple aircraft have been delivered. They're currently stationed in the US to train Norwegian pilots.

Obvious Lockmart Shill is Obvious
The F-35 is at the very least 2x as expensive as a Gripen, at most 4-5x

The F-35's FRP price is $75 million (2015 dollars). That's only slightly more expensive than the Gripen's $60 million.

That's the intended unit and also without engine not the actual cost. the current projected cost of the F-35 is around $80-120 million since they really haven't released actual figures and I highly doubt they will.
The Gripen at most is also around $50 million going by recent Brazilian bids.
Then you also factor in operational costs, the Gripen clocks at around $5,000 per hour with the F-35 being estimated around $30,000 per hour, again they are shutting their mouths whenever you actually ask someone how much they are actually spending.

tl;dr Gripen is cheaper to buy and much much cheaper to run. F-35 will say anything at the moment.

what a holocuast

F-35 is projected closer to the F-22 operating costs at the moment which is $60,000 per hour. Nobody can justify spending close to $600 million per year on what is meant to be a standard fleet fighter. For reference the F-16 is $5,000-$20,000 per hour depending on model although that cost only increased cause they were getting old. Same reason why B-52's are getting too expensive to maintain
Sage for offtopic and I am tired of this F-35 shit. Anyone praising it really needs to speak to some Air Force guys from Vietnam era. Try shilling the F-35 then, you won't leave the room without a black eye

Nope. That's the projected unit cost for an F-35A with its engine during Full-Rate Production. Official figures have been released for every single production batch, and during the latest batch (LRIP-9) the price for the F-35A dropped below $97 million with its engine and has been dropping ever since it entered production.

You say that like it's some extraordinarily high number when it really isn't. The F-16C costs around $26,847 per flight hour, the F-15C sits at $44,136, the F-22 costs around $46,325, and other aircraft such as the V-22 have operating costs reaching $70,000 per flight hour. The Gripen is the exception, not the norm. Its cost per flight hour is crazy low for a modern fighter.

It's like comparing the F-20 to a modern F-16. Sure, the F-20 has an exceptionally low unit and operating cost and can adequately fill its intended role, but the F-16 offers far greater built-in capability and compatibility with modern systems. If your country can't afford the F-16, then the F-20 is a great idea, but if you can afford the F-16, then there's no reason to buy a budget fighter instead.

Horseshit. Come back when you actually do some research.

Unsurprisingly, air combat tactics have changed significantly since the Vietnam era. If this were 1970 then analysts like Pierre Sprey would have a point, however technology has advanced significantly since then, and tactics have changed with it. Radars are now standard in all fighters and flight computers can identify aircraft and determine if their friend or foe without the pilot ever having to see the plane. If you honestly think that air combat has remained the same since Vietnam then you're simply delusional. It's been 41 years since the end of that war, that's far longer than the time between World War 2 and the beginning of Vietnam.

Who is the best character in Ace Combat and why is it Pixy?

Best girl would like to have a word with you

Nagase a cute.

You degenerates really need to commisssion artists to draw lewds of her

Shame that her (distant?)cousin's sister is better. At least I have the mobile games where Reiko talks to you, I guess.

Do some research yourself. I said projected. Even then the lowest it's got is $40,000 which is still far too expensive for a fleet fighter. Also the F-22 sits at around $60-70,000 per hour, I have no idea where you are getting $40,000 from and planes like the F-16 and F-15 are higher cost than they used to be due to the age, since you are now starting to have to replace more and more parts especially in regards to the airframe. The prime example of this is the B-52 which is really expensive to maintain than the B1 due to it's age, but also the F-18 and A-10 could get added to this mix which is set to get to around $20,000 per hour due to again, age. Also if you think the Gripen is the exception to operational costs you are mistaken, planes like the Rafale and Eurofighter are in the $15,000 mark per hour.

Also you seem to think that the only thing that matters for aircraft is engaging other aircraft, the US learned the hard way that you need good CAS aircraft during Vietnam and you need something that can take a punch and is relatively cheap to operate and replace parts on if you want to perform any real CAS.