Terraria Thread

welcome back to thread 4 faggots. Last thread is sliding and shit's dead right now. Hosting double servers after a reddit-tier fag ruined everything, one for buildfags/endgame/fucking around in general, and the normal 'preferably start new characters softcore is now allowed have some fun worldgen' server.

==NORMAL SERVER=
IP: 136.62.84.129
Port: 7777
Softcore welcome, No Endgame niggers, and play nice.
Try not to fuck this one up, please?

BUILDFAG/ENDGAME WORLD
IP: Same as above
Port: 27015
No real rules besides don't ruin everyone else's fun and don't destroy shit. Endgame is welcome here.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/released.122/&prefix_id=33
terraria.gamepedia.com/Camera_mode
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

goddamnit fucked up redtext.

We got a church, a Benis pit, and a hell-o-vater, and have not killed bosses

Well someone killed the EoC earlier but that's about it

Main server seems pretty ronery right now.

Bumb, becasuse its morning and more people are probably going to play at this time.

Not really related to the server, but i'm playing super terraria world right now and its bretty fun. A few unfinished things here and there, i wonder if it's gonna manage to hold my attention as much as the regular game. What do you fags think of it?

Are they still up? It's not connecting for me.

DAMN IT the build server won't come up but the other one does.

Same here, why must we always suffer

Can't we do an adventure map for a change?

I would love do do one of those. Problem is that making adventure maps takes quite a bit of effort. It's almost like developing a game.
I've been kicking around a few in my head for a while now but I just haven't had time to work on them. Maybe we need to start a Terraria adventure development thread.

hey I don't give a fuck about building or exploring

can I spawn all bosses with max gear to see the fights, bag achievements and get out?

Please don't. Use your own world.

king-sama blease helb the benis pit is too high up in the air because of your fucking world gen that monsters dont actually spawn on it can you be a fag

Where'd everyone go? ;_;

Is there a functioning version of T Edit out there?

im pretty sure there is

No, I meant playing through the ones already made. Maybe Hardcore

What are the best ones?

OY VEY GOYEMS WE FROST MOON N SHEIT GET YOUR BIG TANK ASSES ON HERE

Are we just not even trying to do normal anymore?

It's impossible as long as OP refuses to use Tshock and do server side characters.

What is this dupe bug I keep hearing about with Tshock?

OK.
1) I am not refusing to use TShock, fags. It's not up to date for 1.3.4.
2) This dupe bug involves item frames. Take an item you have more than 1 of (3 preferable) and start spamclicking/autoclicking. If you actually have a ping to the server (ie are not the host) you can dupe shit. This only happens with TShock on the server.
3) I'm going to fucking throttle whoever did pirate/pumpkin moon shit prior to HM. I was under the impression they already beat WOF anyways

So i have reinstalled this game and moded it to the shitter. Calamity, tremor, thorium mods + some joke mods like bouncy coins n shit. So far im having blast didnt knew they made it so good.

This is my cunt.

Shutting down the building server. It's had exactly one connection in the two days it's been up. I'm not going to waste machine resources on hosting something nobody plays on

Is this game any good on the 3ds?

Both of them are down.

I've been postponing playing it because I'm lazy as hell, but well, that's a shame.Someone did anything interesting on it?

Pretty shitty. Both the mobile and the console versions are way behind the PC version. It's good for building on the go, I guess, and the control scheme is weird but once you get used to it is pretty neat.

I never could connect to it.

Yeah, give me a minute, sorry. Managed to brute-force TShock's broken-fuckness into possible usability.

No. One person joined, then left, 3 minutes later.

I saw a guy named Icarus on the server yesterday with PM shit under the Benis Pit. Makes me believe that he did it.
I have all the PM stuff I picked up in a chest that I'm gonna delete when I can get back in.

Main server just went down a few minutes ago. Not sure what's going on, it was working earlier today, and last night.

(Checked)
Alright. Thanks.

See

Oh, cool. I'll be patient.

So… are we getting a serverside chars main server?
Never really liked it, but we might need it soon at this point.

SSC is liable to be enabled at this point, with all the shitters.

If you ever decide to do adventure maps the SSCs are absolutely mandatory.

New World incoming again

This time there'll be NO REDDIT FAGS DESTROYING OUR SHIT.

Slightly disappointing, the last world was actually kind of cool… and nothing terrible had happened to it yet.

We're back and online.

We need retards, come log in.

L-Lewd…

What kind of serb is it?

Expert.

Quick restart, we'll be back online in a moment.

Expert server with server-side characters.

wew this seems to be pretty fun

is it a new server, and how does that work?

We're up and running again.

Yes, new server.

Server sided characters work with me hooking up to a SQL. None of the shit you have on other worlds will be brought in, anything that you get on the server, stays here, stored in a file. Anything that you bring in is taken away, and restored when you leave.

I'm coming in in a bit. Someone save me a rod of sparking and a blowpipe.

what

Register.

Bug?: Rope Coils don't work.

i love you guys

You're right. I'll look into it.

How do I do that?

do /register , then /login with the same password.

Documented problem from the code I cannibalized into StandShock, nothing I can do about it without tearing the server down and spending a bit of time on it, and my C# is rusty as is. I'll leave it as is, normal rope works. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Going to go make food, will be back soon. If you have any issues or find bugs, report them here. I'll look into it when I have a chance.

Otherwise, you guys should be set. Ask anyone with green chat text ingame, they're the faggots who were originally on and have seen the worlds prior to this and have my trust, so ask them for help if you need it.

I like this, it's pretty comfy

But trying to get the lightning in the picture was a pain, that's what really pulls it together, an abode in a storm cloud

LOOK AT THIS SHIT!
People who plunder pyramids like this are nigger tier. Especially when the opening is ALREADY OPEN!

So how's the latest update?
Haven't updated mine, and last I looked, the art of the new update seems to clash with the rest of the game.

THERE ARE PEOPLE RIGHT NOW WHO DO THIS TO PYRAMIDS ON Holla Forums

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO LITERALLY DO NOT RECLAIM PYRAMIDS FOR THE OGODOAD

THERE ARE PEOPLE ON Holla Forums WHO RIGHT NOW HAVE NOT DEDICATED EVERY EFFORT TO RECLAIMING LOST TEMPLES FOR KEK DEDICATING THE SHRINE TO HIS GLORY

HEREEEEEEEEEERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYY

Really fucking comfy.

It does, but it's just a few things mostly optional.

I bet it was the Mayans.

Try zooming in for better effect?

fug

I finally fixed it after MANY dozen times of being sodomized by antlions.

When I come back tomorrow I'm going to have rethink how that haunted house is turning out. I plan on doing something inspired by this build.

I play terraria too much with you guys, i need to get something else to do.

you will not be missed

Not quite a bug, but can you see about relaxing the rules on boss summoning? Seem like the green text people (whatever they're properly called) should be trusted to do that.

Did i not set that? Whoops.

Where did you get all those rainclouds?

i wish the rainclouds rain effect wasnt so ridiculous. a bit less would be good.
Neat concept tho, maybe add some normal terrain too? or use a water fountain to change the water colour.

also i cannot like the asian style. I prefer using that wood for different styles.

Dear OP
please spawn the fucking arms dealer in manually, he's just not spawning at all for some reason

~cory

You can craft them nigga

Both resolved.

Dear OP
stop sitting on the server afk and increasing boss health 24/7

and fix beds, one time i set a bed spawn then unset spawn but tshock forced me to go the bed i unset anyways
even after setting my spawn on another bed
only thing that resolved it was destroying the bed completely

What progression are y'all up to?

Drinking hunter potions is scary

pre-skeletron

guess who's back

Top kek.
Never come back, redditfag.

actually he came back as a robbie rotten meme
he threatens to bully us if we bully him as if we can't just bully him back
kek

Yo OP. Wouldn't it be nice if you gave us greenies kicking power just incase people come in to fuck our shit up? Just saying as a precaution.

OP please allow white cis males to paint

you're walking on thin ice mate

but how are you going to counter-counter bully me? with words?

you gotta consider that maybe people just don't fucking care

I farmed them all out of extra worlds just for this build

Does anyone have the latest linux version or where to get i?

GOG?

Why are pyramids so fucking rare now?
I've made like 5 worlds in the past couple of months and not a single fucking pyramid in any of the deserts.

The underground dessert takes a lot of space. I'm guessing the pyramids have less space to spawn.

I donno, I feel like if anything they're a little more common then they once were. Just luck of the draw in my opinion.

I've got a little thing going here. I'll improve the sky fishing hole when I get back on.
That mushroom biome will let Truffle be spawned as soon as hardmode hits. Hopefully that Jungle biome will be big enough to fight the Queen Bee when it's fully grown. And a tree farm too.

Also I've got the frame of the Haunted House/mob spawner done.

Could be nice if you put some decorations when you finish using them. Ho the fuck the trees grew so much?

Drrr's IP - 88.112.121.20
Massive faggot and 'rusemaster'

We're being griefed with boulders now, please ban them.

I'm going to clutter it up nice and pretty and I'll put a loot chest in there too.

Hey guys, try to remember to post in this thread when we're prepping for WoF. I wanna make sure I get in that shit.

Was a good run today, I'm heading off to bed though, tired as shit.

Hopefully I don't miss out on much before then, but I can't be stuffed staying awake for the WoF kill if that's going to be today.

I want to say that I didn't spawn any of the moons, or any bosses for that matter, myself. Just for the record.

Also to the guy who wanted to show me different character builds, sorry I've been super busy the past couple days, family stuff.

inb4 vivian's salt post here or on /r/terraria

we hardmode now

sheeeit I don't know. Have a look through the forums and pick one that looks good. forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/released.122/&prefix_id=33

Since we're hardmode now, I've definitely got to finish that haunted house tomorrow.

Also I have to look for titanium/adamantite to complete my anubis armor.

Ayo, niggers, are you Steamfaggots or do you do TPB? Because I paid for Terraria and don't know if I can join you. ("^-^)/"

Starboundfag here. Any good SB servers, anyone?

It works either way.

Niggatron crime spawned naturally.
NIGGATRON CRIME IS DOWN

Solar Eclipse happened immediately after.

Skipped with Made In heaven. What next?

FROST LEGION OF COURSE

FROST LEGION DOWN
PIRATES

Server ded

Can't connect. Hlep.

Accidentally hit my 'BLUESCREEN INSTANTLY' button on keyboard. Sorry. One minute.

Everything on my machine's being a bit fucky. Give me a few minutes, sorry for the downtime.

We're back.

Sweet. Gonna grab something to eat before I'm back on though.

Server State Report: Post-Mech, Pre-Plantera

I'm an asshole, but goddamn if this wasn't funny to me.

Plantera is dead.

TEMPLE CLEAR, GOLEM IS ALIVE AS IS FISHRON

Server temporarily down for maintenance. We'll be back in 2-3 minutes.
Fixing common problems, as well.

IT'S ALREADY BEEN 7 MINUTES! YOU SAID 3!!!

Having genuine errors on startup now. Sorry.

And we're back. Sorry for extended downtime.

Sorry I quit on you guys, but TShock is just too buggy for me. Having 40 items deleted was the last straw. I hope what meager possessions I had left will be of some use to others.

–Boobs out.

Sorry, friend. I feel bad about you having to go but I totally understand. Take care.

I quit too. Map's over and done, I accomplished none of my goals, and I got to see some interesting personalities butt heads instead of make the game more fun. It was less enjoyable than the first map we did back in Normal mode. The guys who play all day have gotten progressing down to a science and they wait for everyone else to log in and do it on their own and sod everyone else. Moon Man, the OP (Dirty Deeds), Viv, etc.

Nobody wanted to help the people joining, people still vandalized shit so TShock did nothing there, TShock made the game unbearable at the best of times where the only time anyone could do anything is with the OP taking time out of his day to actually bother logging in because he gave no powers to anyone else who was active to help out.

Overall, it wasn't too bad of a run other than people intentionally backstabbing other people and stupid arguments and drama over nothing. At the end of the day, it goes to show that no matter what, a Holla Forums group will always be a Holla Forums group, it will always unravel like a High School, and if you're not in the special crowd fuck you.

Thanks for wasting my time, I guess. Not sarcastic, I mean seriously, I needed something to kill the time. I just wish it would have played out better.

Ah, meant to say "wait for everyone else to log OUT."

I arrived too late to the server. If there was anything at all left to be mined or plundered, it was well beyond the reach of a newcomer. I'll try to get in earlier next time.

You gotta show up on the first day, mate, within the first few hours. I'd say first 2.

Hmm, no number off to a good start.

Oohhh, I am going to have to deduct some points for name fagging.

Not looking good.

Dropped. Also accurate.

Stopped reading there.

He also posts peoples' IP addresses, did ya miss that part?

(Majestically phrased.)

A bit extreme. You usually can get away with coming in a little later than that.

i got B& for posting that shitter's ip, lol

good for you fam.
I can be grammatically correct when I feel like it, it's really not worth the fucking effort on a fucking chan, you autist.

Post got deleted because it's 'doxxing'. The fucker ruined and entire world, and made 7 people flat out fucking quit.

It's not that extreme though, the people were constantly logging in, asking "…where are we now?" and then leaving when they got the answer. At some point I couldn't help but do it too.

Anyway, I'm gonna give N Terraria a whirl, when you've finished vanilla a bunch of times, I guess it's nice to try something else.

Aye, I had similar concerns. I was lucky enough to be around for the Skeletron, Queen Bee and EoW kills and I also helped build the bridge for the WoF, but ultimately I couldn't keep myself awake and had to sleep before we went for the WoF kill. Next day I log in and what do you know, the WoF, all 3 mechanical bosses and a few events have already been done, and I was struggling to catch up gear-wise. I lost my will to keep playing at that point and decided public 24/7 servers probably aren't a good idea for a game like this. Might just have to stick to singleplayer after all I think, especially after having to deal with lag constantly fucking me over (Ausfag).

Perhaps if there were limits on daily progress to allow people time to catch up it wouldn't be so bad (like disabling the ability to summon certain bosses until a certain amount of IRL time has passed for example so that progression is artificially slowed down), but then you'd have the regulars complaining that shit isn't moving fast enough.

Ultimately I think this kind of game is best played with friends and not anons, which is a shame because nobody else I know plays this shit.

The best kind of servers for Terraria are comfy build servers and adventure maps. Maybe PvP games too. Maybe we could try one of those next time?

Really it's a flaw in Terraria's progression. Multiplayer just exacerbates it.
Pre-hardmode is all about exploring and you incidentally gain better equipment as you explore. But when hardmode hits it's just a loot grind to the top. The only real way to fix it would be to add a bunch more structures like the jungle temple that get unlocked once the WOF is downed. Or even to generate new structures in the world.

Yeah I agree. It's also why I find pre-Hardmode more interesting, I guess I prefer the exploration aspect to pure grinding.

I-Is the server down goyem

how the fucking do i git gud at building? im fucking retarded

Sure, I'll reply -what the hell.

I'm still having problems connecting is the server down or is it just me

Inspiration. Look at lots of examples of what other people make, and try to re-create those while putting your own spin on it. You can also try getting inspired by the natural shape of the world and try building something that incorporates it.
I'd dump a whole bunch of cool builds I've saved over the years but I'm going to bed.

Oh, and a few basic principles you should follow are:

this, having the same issue

Man I hope we eventually get an azn event/biome.

It's down, sorry. You guys want me to put it back up?

what do you think dorko

I have no words. Best/10

yessir.

You know what this game needs, an expandable screen capturer that lets you select a section of your map so you can have one big picture of what you built.

How does it differ from the one the game has that is exactly like that?

It taking a picture of that specific section of the world and not the section of the map you selected.

I don't think you're making any sense.

You pop up your map, press whatever button to allow you to align the proper shot, click the button to take the shot and it saves a picture of that section of your world so that you have one big picture of whatever you made instead of a jigsaw puzzle.

thanks user

That literally already exists, I don't get what it is you need.
terraria.gamepedia.com/Camera_mode

Terraria locks your window resolution to 1920x1200 and will not allow you to stretch it any further, now I'd like you to answer how these screenshots were taken

Stitching pics together or by mods I don't know about.
But either way, thanks.

I like the idea, but the execution is pretty lacking. You better make a really fucking good maze, mate. But you gave me an idea for a project.

Only things I have planned is beefing up the houses since they were mostly made when I didn't have much, try to think up something that's good for supporting structures that doesn't clash with the background, maybe have the houses conform to one another, figure out what I'm gonna do with the bridges and put support on the right bridges, figure out decorations, and figure out how to make the back wall look better.

Don't know what you mean by maze though, are you talking about the tunnels underneath?
The one to the far right was already there when I started the world, the middle is my hellevator, and the left one was going to be my hellevator but devolved into an easy route to the underground where I can fish but has been blocked off by the bricks I put under my base so that the Corruption and Hallow can't affect it. The whole thing being contained was my realization that with my main world being in Expert mode, it could lead to me suffering many heavy loses during events and especially invasions. I also have all the houses rigged to a switch in the golden house so that the place will go into lock down so if I fuck up and leave the gates open during something annoying or die while leaving the golden houses floor opening, I won't have to worry about many NPCs being lost beyond two I don't really need. Oh yeah, I do need to construct a Wyvern arena above it and a floating city as an escape route if they ever make destructive enemies or make something like filled with things like Wraiths and Reapers.