Roz Weston Reacts To "Solo: A Star Wars Story" Trailer

DISNEY BTFO

How will NuWars shills ever recover?

OH NO NO NO

This guy seems alright. I still don't know if I'll ever watch the most recent one because of the original thread with him ripping it apart.

wew

He seems to be a kino reviewer.
Does he only review blockbusters or does he do anything and everything?

It's more menacing as a nearly faceless and well ordered organisation.
Giving the Empire lots of nuance and detail detracts from it. You can't be rooting for the Jedi as they slaughter the pilots and soliders that were forced in from birth/cloned/abducted/bought as slaves. Faceless grunts works much better, and the mystery is much better than Disney trying to force every single answer out.

The new movies are awesome… Why can't old guys let it go?

I honestly have no idea what he does besides this show. I'm not Canadian, I'm an American so I never even seen him on tv.

In the original timeline we abandoned in 2012, Ryan Gosling is the new protagonist of Star Wars. He gets by in the New Republic as a Han Solo type character, while everyone else in on their personal crusade against siths, separatists and ancient menaces. Only he never lets his current job draw him in, and slowly builds up a small group of people who believe in him over their organization's lofty ideals.

That still sucks

In one timeline we just had Ian McDiarmid sitting in an armchair telling us stories of old sith lords.

Manlets are really fucked.

He's right. Remember Star Wars is just a heroes journey/classic myth with some new paint. Tolkien didn't humanize Sauron and Morgoth for a reason, all the evils in classic tales are evil and nothing more. You don't humanize the evil people because it doesn't need to happen.

You dont humanize them because it doesnt sell because brainlets and autists cannot into kino so if someone is not bad-bad then "omg liek the plot maeks no sense!!!1"

Yourself included in the "autists" category btw

I don't understand, I thought the trailer looked really good. The movie will be shit for sure, but the trailer itself was just fine.

That sounds fucking awesome.

He's kinda right though, it's stupid to see Han Solo doing a job interview for the Empire.

What's next, seeing Han Solo fill in applications at the local flying-department to get a license?

The guy playing Solo is terrible, I can already tell.

To think there's a thread on this board right now with almost 200 posts actually trying to push that it looks good.

It's not "humanising the Empire", it's giving away too much.
The problem with these Disney's stand alone prequels is that they try too much to explain everything. That's not good storytelling, especially when they're making these movies after the OT which was shot more than 30 years ago. Wanting to go back to these times will ruin everything that was achieved in the OT.
Remember Rogue Juan, where they retcon the Death Star story and the Force's impact on Luke's journey? The Story Group™ decided that the Death Star's design flaw was created on purpose by the architect who then gave the plans to iRebel, his daughter who gave her life to send the plans to the Rebels. The movie might have been entertaining but this retcon implies that Luke didn't really need to believe in the Force, that anyone could've sent the missile through that conduit.
The Story Group™ know that they can't fix the Disney Trilogy so this whole series of stand alone movies are made to deconstruct (destroy) and diminish the impact of the original characters so the new bland characters can be on the top.
"Ranger Solo: A Soy Wars Story" will ruin Han Solo once and for all. The work started in TFA, where they showed that the iconic couple (Han and Leia) divorced and he ended up killed by his son and the production didn't even care about showing a funeral scene. In this movie you can bet that most of his personality and his catchphrases shown in the OT were in fact based on other characters (a mentor, a friend, whoever). The Kessel run story is now real, in the OT and judging by Kenobi's reaction it was pretty clear that Han never did the run. Now the Kessel run exists and the one who made it was Queen Fatass.

I can't believe there are people to this day who still defend Rogue One and act like they're "real fans". It's fucking paid fanficition. Hell, it's a paid rewrite of fanfiction from 20 years ago.

Old EU, Han was a cadet at the Imperial Academy. Dropping out probably saved him from getting disappeared later in Stalin's Sheev's officer purges

He's right but from his Star Wars rankings he places Last Jedi above the prequels and I think he placed Rogue One and Force Awakens and 2nd and 3rd place. Rogue One is the best that Disney has done so far but I wouldn't place it so high. I guess he would be within the semi-casual in terms of reviewers.

It's a rip-off of a stupid video game they made.

Yeah but still, showing job interviews with the Empire. What's next, complaining about the boss at the water-cooler over at the Death Star and having salary discussions?

Or maybe the people in the Empire had their own motivations?

Good vs evil is boring.

What?

You know the LoTR remake is going to do this right?

Could you fix Socjus Wars if the final sequence of Episode IX is Luke coming to his senses from his vision of the future, still hovering over the body of Kylo Ren sleeping, and then stabbing him through the anus with his lightsaber until it goes out his mouth?

What did he mean by this?

Here's the hot meme take on the Soylo movie: Alden Ehrenreich can't stop squinting his fucking eyes.

more like soylo

Make Star Wars white again.

Anthony Ingruber somehow manages to look like Harrison Ford, Jack Nicholson, and Marlon Brando all at once.

Absolutely based.

HuehuehueHUE

I think they should have gone for an animated one on this.

Truly /ourguy/

Y'know that would have potential. Hell they could've made an animated movie in the vein of the Animatrix or something.

Empire dindu nuffin.

I can see Harrison in the jaw and Brando in the eyes/forehead, but not seeing Nicholson.

(((:^]))

They were pretty human in the original film. Luke talks about joining up. Most of the generals just seem like exasperated middle management types. The Sith were horrible monsters, but the Empire itself was mostly just people.

You goddamn idiot, the force made him hit the goddamn thing in the first place, it was very difficult to do so.

And this is a design flaw? This was done to sabotage the Deathstar because that one scientist just knew Luke Skywalker would show up one day?

Not anymore. The impact of his actions (and the Force) are diminished because the design flaw wasn't really one, it was made on purpose by iRebel's father who is now the real hero.This retcon implies that anybody could've done what Luke did.

Why are you asking question you can't answer. The only answer is, they needed a story to make a movie about and they thought this one sounded reasonable even though looking into it just a bit, is fucking retarded and wrecks the whole goddam Original Trilogy apart.

i can see you've never been to a recruiting station. they don't just throw papers in front and tell you to sign, they make sure that you're joining for a real reason and won't fuck off.