TRUMP TO GUT BUREAUCRACY

President Trump will seek to "hire the best and fire the worst" federal government employees under the most ambitious proposal to overhaul the civil service in 40 years, officials said.

The measures will be outlined in the budget plan that Trump will send to Congress Monday, said four Office of Management and Budget officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because the budget hasn't been released.

Trump foreshadowed the proposal in a line in his State of the Union address last week: "Tonight, I call on Congress to empower every Cabinet Secretary with the authority to reward good workers and to remove federal employees who undermine the public trust or fail the American people," he said.

Trump is using the VA Accountability Act, which gave the Secretary of Veterans Affairs greater authority to fire and discipline workers, as a model. The White House says that law has resulted in the dismissal of 1,470 employees, the suspension of 443, demotions for 83 others last year.

"While to some people those are code words, they’re very clear to us," said American Federation of Government Employees President J. David Cox, who represents about 700,000 workers for the federal government and District of Columbia. "Basically it wipes out due process rights for employees."

Another pillar of the proposal would reduce automatic pay increases and instead use that money for a performance bonus pool.

Under the current system, federal employees get a review every one to three years. Employees whose performance is "fully successful" — as 99.7% are — get a within-grade "step" increase in addition to annual cost-of-living increases.

Trump's plan would stretch out the amount of time it takes to go from step 1 to step 10 from 18 years to 27 years, saving $10 billion over the next decade, officials said. That money would then go to high-performing employees either as merit raises or one-time bonuses.

Federal employee unions fear the pay-per-performance plan would be used to reward loyalists and discriminate against women and minorities.

"He seems to be interested in political revenge by firing people," Cox said. "The government is not a family business that you get to be in total control of."
Some of Trump's proposals can be done administratively, and others would take congressional action.

Trump's efforts to wrangle the bureaucracy fulfill a key campaign promise of the businessman president, who pledged a hiring freeze to shrink the cost of government and reduce regulation.

More: Trump says he's trying to 'reduce size of government' — but he's really not

But even champions of reform are skeptical it will happen.

Since President Jimmy Carter signed the Civil Service Reform Act in 1978, every president has tried — to some degree or another — to promote greater efficiency in the federal workforce. 

And every president has largely failed, running up against an entrenched culture in the bureaucracy, opposition from labor unions and a fickle Congress, said Donald Devine, who was President Ronald Reagan's civil service director. Reagan tried implementing Carter's reform law, but ran into resistance from Congress. 

Trump administration officials say Devine's work has inspired their efforts, but they weren't popular at the time: Newspapers gave Devine nicknames like "the Grinch," "the Rasputin of reduction in force," and "the terrible, swift sword of the civil service." He served four years as director of the Office of Personnel Management but withdrew his re-nomination in 1985 amid congressional opposition.

"You get bogged down, the unions keep threatening you, they get Congress so upset," Devine said. "All the presidents, after a while, give up and forget about it. Some of them make it worse, some of them do a little better."

And while he credits Trump for taking on the issue with new enthusiasm, he said the real estate mogul and former reality television star will soon learn it's harder to fire people in government.

"Optimism is not my middle name, especially when it comes to the civil service," he said.

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/09/hire-best-and-fire-worst-trump-proposes-biggest-civil-service-change-40-years/315981002/
archive.is/FMfp8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Judenfrei first post
Watch how hard they'll try to sage and slide this thread.

kike free 2nd post

But meritocracy is racist, sexist and ableist!

Where are the articles or sources, OP?

If you work in a state with at will employment laws you have no due process rights. You can be fired for almost any reason your employer finds.

yawn

Fucking newfags can't even search engines

Or read the thread

Gut the civil service, drain the swamp, wipe the deep state off the face of the Earth.

I've asked kindly but instead of posting the article you had to bitch about it like some mongols.
Shitty file name and shitty copy-paste formatting.
usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/09/hire-best-and-fire-worst-trump-proposes-biggest-civil-service-change-40-years/315981002/
archive.is/FMfp8
Kys.

In other words: Fire Jewtarded cat ladies. Hire the Aryan Ubermensch.

Thanks for the blogpost faggot.

Or you're just a fucking nigger.

Your prophecy come true

Just be careful how this is implemented. When the leafs busted the civil service unions, they (((outsourced))) and used (((employment agencies))) which just meant that a bunch of Marxist Snowdens, Mannings and Reality Winners were not only paid less, but were actually traitors.

what is going on here is this a bot?

I'm sorry eurobros, you can crash over here if you want if you are white

This user will do well under Trump. He is clearly NOT a diversity hire. Meritocracy is racis and I love it.

Trump's philosophy is pretty basic in this regard. He doesn't give two shits what color you are or how many dicks you want to get sewn on if you can produce and be an asset. He doesn't care about being PC, MUH PR, or optics. Fuck up and you're out. Do a good job and you get to keep doing it until you fuck up in which case you're out. He is very dynamic and it frustrates the fuck out of the lefties because they can't get behind the idea of someone being fired for being incompetent. The left also has issues with being professional enough to just do the fucking job as required. Hence, they attach their emotions to everything and use it as a means of bullying to compete with their lack of merit. Because they need their entire reason of being to be tied to their feels they don't get that Trump really doesn't give a fuck about someone's past "transgressions" if it doesn't affect the job at hand. Holding the door for an empowered cunt isn't a national security classification disqualifier. yet

Trump has been doing a pretty good job of getting the ball rolling on the swamp. Even if you took the worst stance possible, time it has taken it's been fast considering how slow DC works, but we still have a 6 gorillion illegals! etc. the swamp denizens are terrified and are showing it. They are desperate enough to attempt thought crime legislature against being right of marx.

Holy fuck, I didn't think that was real at first. I'm literally in tears right now from laughter.

Reality is the new satire.

anyone else find this construction to be curious? usually when you have a construction like this, its is "do X and don't do not-X" but here we have to completely different classes of individuals: 1) "loyalists" (whatever that means) 2) women & minorities

it doesn't make sense

Breddy sure she meant "Loyal to ebil Two Scoops Blumbf!" user.

Top wew

Finally he does something important.

Big week for infrastructure says the President. Could this gutting be a part of it? I imagine a literal overhaul of the nation's infrastructure would need to start with an overhaul of the bureaucrats overseeing our roads, highways, and bridges, etc.

This, and it terrifies them.

interesting, have a bump

Sure wish the leafs would do that. See

BELGIUM
YOU MUST EAT MORE
YOU MUST INCREASE YOUR POWER
SO THAT WE MAY SOON EAT FRANCE

idk maybe its just me, but im getting a real mussolini vibe from that towering stance at the podium. im calling that she is using her position as minister of health to embed herself in the govt, while behind-the-scenes eating her political detractors.

she will soon surface as the relentless dictator that she clearly is.

bwahahah

I love how the democrats do not realize how nasty of a trap this is.

It is now set up, and made the established narrative, that there is a skills gap in the government sector. This means that if the democrats shoot this bill down, Trump can go in, take an ax to departments, then outsource their work to the private sector.

He is trying to get the swamp ecosystem to eat each other. the business politicians will vote for this either way, because they know that the government can not retain good talent, due to nigger politics, and this will speed up the outsourcing.

2018 keeps getting.better and better

Yes I am, and everything that homos have done in the past 4 months demonstrates it fully.

My money is on Orban or the next male Pollack.