Getting pulled over by a state trooper has nothing to do with race, according to Michigan State Police who says its data proves it.
Posted on Thursday, Feb. 8, 2018, by Aileen Wingblad.
Troopers conducted 460,446 traffic stops in 2017, and the percentage of drivers who are members of a particular race or ethnicity "corresponds closely" to 2016 United States Census data of the state's population, the MSP reports.
Whites, for example, accounted for 74.6 percent of traffic stops, nearly mirroring that ethnic group's 75.4 percent of the population.
Some disparities exist, however – the largest being data reported for Asians, which make up 3.1 percent of the population but accounted for just 0.8 percent of traffic stops. For Hispanic or Latinos, which make up 5 percent of the population, they accounted for just 1.9 percent of traffic stops. For blacks or African Americans, which make up 14.2 percent of the population, traffic stops for that ethnic group totaled 16.8 percent.
Huh, well isn't that funny? Asians get pulled over more while Hispanics even get pulled over even less… Don't lefties love to claim cops over patrol Black neighborhoods, causing their high crime rates? Well, would you look at that, Asians get pulled over more than Blacks and Hispanics… Must mean that Asians have a high crime rate due to all that over patrolling Oh wait…
One category lists the driver's race or ethnicity as "unknown," which accounted for 5.6 percent of traffic stops or 25,619.
The reported numbers:
• American Indian and Alaska Native - Traffic Stops: 1,369; Percent of Traffic Stops: 0.2%, Percent of Population: 0.7%
• Asian - Traffic Stops: 3,612; Percent of Traffic Stops: 0.8%; Percent of Population: 3.1%
• Black or African American - Traffic Stops: 77,563; Percent of Traffic Stops: 16.9 %; Percent of Population: 14.2%
• Hispanic or Latino - Traffic Stops: 8,617; Percent of Traffic Stops: 1.9%; Percent of Population: 5%
• Unknown - Traffic Stops: 25,619; Percent of Traffic Stops: 5.6 %; Percent of Population: n/a
• Two or more races - n/a; Percentage of Traffic Stops: n/a; Percent of Population: 2.4 %
• White - 343,666 traffic stops; Percentage of Traffic Stops: 74.6%; Percent of Population: 75.4%