Dark Souls PvE

I am about to enter Shrine of Amana, so far I have been trying to focus on pure Sorcery with Pyromancy, not interested in PvP at all, any suggestions? my melee weapons are a Fire Longsword and a Magic Mace, my spell tools are a Magic Sorcerer Staff and a Wisdom Staff I will infuse with Magic as well.

Still, since I only cover Fire and Magic elements I think I need to find a weapon I am able to infuse when I need other elements or effects, any suggestions? SL is not exactly a problem but I would like to avoid heavy weapons.

Get a bow and arrow for Shrine of Amana. Since you are just doing PVE there is really no reason not to make a jack of all/master of none type character.

The main problem is how I want to not pump up some other stats, mostly I want to deal heavy damage with a few things, I could get a short bow I guess, I think I would need 12 DEX maybe, but that's it.

You'll need the bow to make things easier for the shrine
You're already high leveled for that area tbh.

I'll check it then, other than that, time for Dark Souls thread I guess, preferably PvE creativity.

If you don't care for items you can through until the hut then summon the knight to keep the fags guarding the first fog wall busy.

run through*

git gud over-leved scrub

I didn't purposefully grind, I just played casually, also, I was asking for suggestions to complement my gear, if you have a problem you can always try to invade me… assuming I haven't burned an effigy in the area.

Holy fuck you're overleveled

That seems to be the case, I was practically strolling around, eating basically every soul I got for level, some for upgrades and a few for spells, when I reached the place I was already over SL100.

It looks like people misunderstand me, I am not asking for suggestions because I am having a hard time or anything, I was just asking for suggestions for complementary gear and all, for fashion I am going for a few sets, Desert Sorceress, Black Witch and Forlorn probably, armor is the last thing I upgrade.

haha

Is weird because I choose the slender physique, not the small headed one.

I've found Faith builds great for PvE and helping players who aren't that great at the game

By playing a magic build in a souls game you'll always be OP when it comes to PvE

I won't suggest you restart the game since you've gotten so far, but BUT… you're so OP at 127 that it doesn't matter what you do at this point

I just went and re-checked by making a second character with the same regular build, the head seems to be the same size, maybe is the hair and the color what makes it look smaller.

Fashion souls ideas?

Can't think of anything that resembles that in DS2.

Blue Flame and Witchtree Branch for ultimate fashion

He already has magic, he will be fine. Shrine of amana got nerfed anyway

DS3?

The Outrider set in DS3 looks kind of similar to these. The helmet, at the very least, looks somewhat passable, granted it has no horns.

Shit, I was level 120 when I got to Iron Keep and I wasn't even trying.

Faith got nerfed hard.
You get like 2 casts of lighting spear per slot now and it does less damage.

It got nerfed in the sense that you can outrun the projectiles. The witches still cast spells way beyond the range of your spells.

Just how much did you die/grind if you managed to get enough souls to get to IK at 120?
I only got 100+ when I was already dealing with giant memories.

why is her head so fucking tiny?

Lost Bastille on my first playthrough was a bitch but at least gave a lot of souls, I think I was level 75+ when I finally managed to kill Sinner.

Wtf's wrong with your character user?

I think the issue is that the hair style he chose is included in the space of the model designated for the head rather than layered on top of the head.

He must have altered the head. The hair usually makes your head seem TOO big, instead of the reverse. I remember you have a serious case of Elaine head in the game if you choose that hairstyle.

Also Creighton's armor with astrologer's hat to be a proper wizard

I can barely get past the character generator in 2 because of how off-putting it is for me, so I have no idea what the actual problem is.

Got summoned quite a bit, I would have upgrade my gear but it's DaS2

How did you ever manage to beat older rpg games then I wonder? Dark Souls 2 is nothing compared to the character models in fallout 2.

That with the gundyr helm, winged knight helm, faraam, fire witch, or black iron helm, wolf knight shield, greatlance or artorias greatsword would probably work.

It's more how the game looks and feels, rather than the character creator. I've put ~300 hours into 3 and probably that much in 1, along with a few clears of DeS..

Oh, I see. So you have "that" kind of taste

I prefer 1 and DeS, but I'd rather play 3 than 2. That doesn't mean 3 isn't fucking garbage though.

Why not just buy a bloodborne box then? Bloodborne is objectively the better version of DaS3, seems odd to play the gimp version of the two.

I'll wait until the system is cheaper before I buy it for one game. Besides, I have a bunch of other games I want to go through.

I wish you PvP fags would stop trying to speak for the PvE majority.

There's something systematically wrong with every souls game
DeS has a shit inventory
DaS has a shit upgrade system and everything that is from designated shitting cave onward is poorly designed as fuck
DaS2 is broken as shit in every way, a few of those being dual power stance and fall damage on top of the thing that is wrong with all the souls games, which is tanks with nuclear warheads for fists
Bloodborne has an easy as shit parry system, which is a problem in all of them, but in BB it fucks it up further by making it possible to parry from a long distance and with a wider spread, not requiring the close quarters tradeoff of parries. Also maneuverability is how it really should be for characters in full suits of armor, stepping and weaving instead of rolling on your face, but the I frames make it a joke
DaS3 has small areas, the enemies have BB maneuverability but you have dark souls maneuverability. PVP sucks shit, about 1/3 of the bosses are gimmick or add bosses, and of that there are only 19 bosses in the game, one being a repeat, one being a stage battle, one having two parts where the can be considered two different bosses, the first phase being a straight gimmick and the other half being a head on fight, and another that is also that exactly except with adds, and I only won't count it because it's still a straight on fight for the most part.
I really did just go on a rant about DaS 3's shit more than the others, but they are all just as bad if I actually were to disect them. And actually, DaS 3 is the only one to get NG+ right; enemies don't become super battle death tanks with nuclear strike capability. They become a little bit stronger, and they do a bit more damage, and enemies in the game already deal a fuck ton of damage, but whatever, when you're 101 you can slice through mostly any mob with anything you pulled out of NG. That and they have new item placements, names, and some relocated, buffed rings.

PVP is shit, but that's not the only problem with the game. On top of what I stated above, the starter classes are pretty shite; Knight is your quality builder instead of being a tank, warrior is the only class to play if you're not a baby and don't want to be hand held through the first 5 hours by knight being overpowered as shit, herald is a cleric that doesn't know what the fuck he's doing, even from a role playing perspective, theif is okay I guess, stays true to Dark Souls, mage, cleric and pyromancer are okay I guess, pyro is what you choose for quality magic builds but even still it's fine, deprived is now the lvl 1 class, but it's worthless because that means you have wasted points, which isn't really a thing, but you can start off with literally every other character, even herald, and pour stats into anything and you'll be as well off as deprived and you'll get starting armor. Deprived is good for testing though, I'm fine with that at least. Then there's estoc man, who is only for faggots who really want to suck huge cocks.
I always lean towards clerics because the role play is too good for me as holy man with holy plan. Even without miracles, lightning infusion as a cleric makes you feel like a paladin in seconds, and sunlight blade mixed with any black infusion will invoke those same feelings with upwards of 800 AR.

In my case you have to also consider I wore the silver serpent ring +1 you get in the forest of giants and I did some co-op here and there.

I thought I altered it with cheat engine but turns out it was a different character I deleted before, this one was untampered and only now I notice the head thing, but as I posted here
it is the hair model.

you need to fix those tiny fucking heads

The lack of poise makes using anything slower than a spear shit and anything faster than a rapier shit for pve too. Either you accidentally enact hyper armor and get buttfucked with your useless quick weapons, or you flinch before you get to swing your slow ass weapon. Theres a reason why everyone uses shortswords, rapiers, spears, katanas, etc in DaS3. Theyre the only viable weapons. From turned it into Bloodborne lite.
Kek, you niggers dont even have a decent NG+ in DaS3, what pve game is there? it's not like it get progressively harder like DaS2 did, or rewards you for going into NG+, unless you're some fag who wants slightly better rings. Go play bloodborne if you like DaS3, you'll have more fun. It's the george W bush Sr(BB), to the Jeb Bush (DaS3).

Let's say I can more or less using cheat engine assuming there is a preset in the character creator itself, what's the regular head? it is certainly not the default body base.

but there is poise you nimrod. It just works as Hyper-armor where you get a hidden poise value per swing that if the value is broken you are staggered out of your attack.

BB is a better game, but man it's rough going from 1440p 60fps back to 1080p 30fps.

lel fag.
nigger I use gimmicky builds and bullshit with greatswords and ultra great swords mixing magic too, you can fuck off if you have a hard time customizing in the easiest, shortest souls game.

You need to go home tacoman

This is why all games should be on pc. Pc is objectively better, and any vidya artist should want his creation on the best possible system to show it off.

lol what a gay

but muh exclusives.

Reported for avatarfagging
Also, hyper armor is the shittiest excuse for poise in the world
Especially when considering theres a traditional version of poise in the game already
I was never wrong either. I directly mentioned hyper armor

Maybe one day people will learn to always do the opposite of what the jews want. Even homer figured it out already.

Which reminds me of the recent Red Dead Redemption 2 reveal, still on consoles, kind of bugs me considering Rockstar ported the GTA games with no problem.

The amount of smug I felt when xbox one had to add their "exclusives" to windows because no one was buying them on their shitty console was incredible.

Nigga it was two posts, lay off it for a second.
But I do have to agree, hyperarmor is a garbage tier replacement for poise. Gives absolutely no reason to use the heavier armors, and its especially grating as how the enemies have old poise but we're stuck with the shitty new one. This game really seems geared towards more fast paced combat like in Bloodborne but the characters are just so fucking slow in comparison it makes the whole thing a mess.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
all those flavors!

They still don't learn considering how they want to force Win10 in some of their games and how even the CoD4 remake seems to be cut off from all other online platforms if you buy it from the Win10 store (included with Advance Warfare)

I don't hate the PS4, but I can't say I wouldn't rather play Bloodborne on the PC.

Really mark? A single complaint is console wars and deserves a ban, but your precious new rule doesnt need to be enforced now?

That was a really odd decision to make tbh. It seems to really have net them a lot of negative karma too. And considering battlefield 1's release so close to theirs, they really fucked themselves there.

Pretty sure thats par for the course for PCs/.

Buncha slack jawed faggots.

I'm loving the salt newfag

Dank Souls would be so much better if you could capture real players and sell them as sex slaves to Brothels.

Yeah, okay.

You wouldn't understand, it's a magic thing.

Thats what I thought. And considering he banned a guy for a single post on bloodborne, which wasnt even insulting consoles, but citing console wars, there some serious favoritism going on here.

STILL THIS SALTY

OK anons, you triggered my autism, I found a way to fix the small heads, but I'll have to start over just because I can't just cheat my way onto it, this is my planned build (I may go over SL150 on the NG+ playthroughs)

SL 150 Sorcerer

Vigor: 13
Endurance: 30
Vitality: 15
Attunement: 40
Strength: 12
Dexterity: 12
Adaptability: 27
Intelligence: 50
Faith: 4

Now the interesting part, I will be able to equip a good number of small melee weapons to complement my gear, I will be able to use fire and magic infused mostly, so, what are your recommendations? I don't want to use heavy weapons though, I am only interested in having the right weapons for strike, slash and thrust when it comes to certain enemies and bosses.

Welp, I think is fixed now.

go dex, use stabbing swords and spears

It all makes sense now.

so damn new