Yakuza Thread

Yakuza 6 is out in less than a month in Japan, and Yakuza 0 will be out in January for everyone else.

Have you guys played the samurai games yet? If not, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

khhsubs.com/projects.html
nichegamer.com/2015/10/06/sega-is-working-on-a-string-of-high-quality-pc-ports/
nichegamer.com/2016/01/03/rumor-sega-heavily-considering-yakuza-series-hatsune-miku-more-for-pc-release/
segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/20160516_4q_siryo_e_final.pdf
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

heh

I just barely got around to beating 3, and I don't speak moon.

khhsubs.com/projects.html

Though if you're going through the main series of games at the moment, then it's fine to skip the samurai ones. They'll be there if you're itching for more Yakuza while you wait for 0 or 6.

Yep, that's my plan. I'll be sure to check them out as I was a big fan of Way of the Samurai. Plus maybe by the time I get around to it I'll know Japanese, I'm working on it.

Isn't one of them getting a PC port? I'll play it then.

You mean Kenzan and Ishin? I don't know any moon to play those games, and though the gameplay of course is fun I'd like to know the story as well.

Speaking of fun though, does Yakuza 4 ever get better? If it wasn't for how great Saijima's chapter started I think I may have dropped it, it's probably not the games fault but I'm just sick of the reused content from 3 and Dead Souls. Probably didn't help that I'm marathoning the series right now in time for 0's release.

Not anytime soon, if at all. Sega people have stated there are no plans to bring Yakuza 0 to the PC anytime soon.

If you're not keen on Yakuza 4 halfway through the game then there's not much I can say that would swing you around, other than Tanimura's gameplay is very different from Saejima's. Yakuza 5 is much better at making each character and their section of the game feel distinct, though.

I guess I'll put it on the backburner then, I hope 5 and 0 give me the "wow" factor that the first 3 games had.

I'm a hopeless fanboy so I didn't mind only being in Kamurocho for Y4. The characters were fun enough in both personality and gameplay that I didn't mind how samey a lot of the content was.

Any word on Isshin? I really hope they pick that one up for the West.

It will probably never be localized. The time has passed.

We're probably better off seeing Kiwami or 6 get localized than we are Ishin.

I played Kenzan because KHH had completely translated it, waiting for the complete TL of Ishin before diving into that on my PS4

Holy fuck, it was a good game, if you can import it, do it, it's one of the best, definitely.

Yeah, Kenzan would honestly be my favorite of the PS3 RGG games if not for Yakuza 5. The story alone is really compelling, and the more experimental gameplay is really interesting, especially as someone who played it after 3 and 4.

You can emulate 1 and 2
WHERE ARE THOSE FUCKING PORTS SEGA ITS ALMOST DECEMBER

What if that was a falsehood, and we all fell for it?

Why would you tell somebody you are going to make something for them to buy and then not do it? That makes no sense on any level.

What are you guys talking about?

finally a yakuza game without that dumb slut haruka, my god is she fucking stupid.

you stupid fucking slut i swear to god, he changed his name so that nobody from the yakuza or the police could find him and you go and give out all his personal information, you're dumber than a fucking google i swear to christ, didnt you think for a second that any yakuza who hates kiryu could take revenge on him by, i dont know, burning the orphanage, hurting the other kids, and so on? thats what yakuza do after all.

the ending of Y5 was a mistake, it should have never happened, haruka was a nice character until then. the huge boss of the conspiracy should have been the president of japan or something not some old asshat dying of cancer. the series was perfect until then. Also baseballguy endfight was shoehorned in.

It was just a rumor after all.

Way back last year or in January, there were rumors going around that Sega was heavily interested in bringing Miku and Yakuza to PC. Outside of giving games away for free, nothing really came of it.

I'm not exactly sure why people chose to believe that rumor.

I'm halfway through the first one, the dubbing is killing me inside. I downloaded the second one, and I don't know what I'm goign to do after that.

what part of my post speaks about censorship?

look, thats no censorship, it aint my fault that you're a dumb google newfag.

Well, the second game is subbed anyway friend.

Vain hope from people like me who don't quite want to bend over and get a PS4 yet. Though I'll probably bite the bullet eventually.

No you retards
They promised ports
The rumour just especified the games
Annoucement
nichegamer.com/2015/10/06/sega-is-working-on-a-string-of-high-quality-pc-ports/
Rumour
nichegamer.com/2016/01/03/rumor-sega-heavily-considering-yakuza-series-hatsune-miku-more-for-pc-release/

Supposedely only recently did Sega Europe say that things we're finally underway.
Which you can see in this video at
42:32

forgot to sage for offtopic
sorry

Face it, user. Those ports are never coming. They said they'd have them for us by this spring, Winter is now creeping up on us.
It hurts but it's the reality we have to live with.

Source?
If anything they promised they would be readh by Fall.

Found the source
segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/20160516_4q_siryo_e_final.pdf

Playing Kiwami makes me even more excited for 0

PC port when?

Likely never considering how much Sony product placement theres in the game including Xperia phones.
Its unfortunate, wont be enough to make me buy a PissPoor though.

The series always sounded neat, so maybe I'll take a shot with Yakuza 6.

Then pic related got revealed, and that's when I KNEW I wanted to play the game.

nigga what

Another Yakuza 6 demo coming out soon. As usual its Japan onry, so I hope you got a japanese PSN account.