TF2 thread

where are my maps valve?
just fucking mimic ugc already goddammit
get rid of the fucking payload maps and add ashville so there's a second KOTH.

forgot to also post this

I dont understand how anyone can enjoy 6v6, highlander forces you to react quickly to the 9 different playstyles, dodging missiles and going fast gets boring really quick

Why? The map's perfect in every way

have you guys ever played highlander?
Its one of the most attrition/luck based game types I've ever seen

Highlander is garbage, 6v6 is stale as hell (but still the most fun you can have in TF2). Pre-hat pubs were the best.

exactly,
highlander forces people to play bad classes.
if 9v9 were by choice it would probably be:
3 soldiers
2 demos
1 scout
1 sniper
2 medics

any form of aggression would be bad, and it would force your sniper to be the ringer of the game while 1 demo and 1 scout is defending him from soldier bombing

Reminder that TF2 will NEVER EVER be a serious esport because it was wasnt designed to be

You're better off uninstalling tf2 at this point.

/thread
too many classes rely on lack of communication or focus. Engineer is raped with any medic+ soldier/demo/heavy and spy is useless in small or coordinated teams.

TF2 has some really fun layouts

Yes I play both game modes almost daily

I'll agree that sometimes the game's just stuck. I dont know why they didnt add the flamethrower heal reduction to all classes back when the game was designed, the entire game's designed around big plays to get someone killed (full charge sniper, spy, kritz, picking off the medic which is much harder on 9v9 or a normal tf match)
This, and buffing the pyro somehow (extra healing reduction or small speed buff) would solve all problems highlander has
I still think highlander is better. It's like making quake rocket lancher only

It's not a matter of turning it into an esport, it's just that sometimes playing with people who know what they're doing is more fun that pubs

I forget, is UGC 6s?

This is objectively false as evidenced by even the highest tier of competitive teams still sometimes falling for a spy. Spy would be useless only in a situation that is 100% under control and where communication is perfect and that's just not possble. Spy is definitely not a valid pick for a full game or even half of a game but that doesn't mean it's useless. One solid backstab can totally change the direction of the game. The biggest flaw and the thing that makes TF2 so stale on a competitive level is because it fully rotates around uber and that makes it have a lot of downtime and discourages aggression. Spies and Snipers can interfere with that but they're not very valid outside of last points and a select few situations on the maps so it doesn't matter.

I do agree that TF2 will never be an esport though. There are design choices in it that would've never allowed it to be considered an esport like other major ones. I would argue that it doesn't matter and the game doesn't need to be a successful multimillion esport success but some people seem to think that you can't enjoy a game that isn't played by hundreds of thousands and watched by millions on twitch. 6v6 TF2 is still the most fun I've had in a video game and I never got any sort of rewards for it besides the few league winner medals in the game.

UGC has both 6v6 and HL. Like most leagues.

Okay.
OP Mcfucking kill yourself with a side of Dies
All 6s friendly leagues have shit maps.

I raise your Mcfucking to eat my dick

Anybody here want to set up a 6s team for comp?
Im a scout main with sold/demo on the side

Which is why you think those shitty maps are good.

I never found 6s' really interesting and I dont have the time for it, but I am competent at nearly all classes except Heavy or Sniper

So what, you want a hallway with boxes to hide behind? give me an example of a good tf2 map, or good map in general

tc_hydro

Hurr durr.

bub even valve acknowledged that map was bad.
bait better next time

Hey fuck you Hydro is great the only reason Valve dropped it is because people were too stupid to figure out how the map works.

c'mon now user, you can do better

they acknowledged their players were stupid

And they add Hellstone.

Valve isnt really the best reference for quality tf2 content

Casual matchmaking is shit. It takes ages to get on a server.

Where are you from? Cause I can hop into games instantly in the midwest

STEEL IS BEST MAP
CASUAL SHOULD HAVE REMAINED QUICKPLAY WITH SERVERS JOINABLE IN THE BROWSER WITH MAP SELECTION ADDED
I HAVE 12 UNUSUAL HATS I AM AN AUTHORITY ON TF2

Probably he's going off hazy memories of when MyM first hit because wait times were abominable then. This game is cursed to be discussed by people who haven't played it in years but offer their two cents on updates and new features or firmly attest as to how good they are and why the skill ceiling or playerbase stupidity have degraded.

it's literally cap the point and respawn, there's nothing complex about it

the problem with hydro is that a five minute game will stretch out into one hundred fifteen second rounds if both teams are reasonably competent

that aside it is a very nice looking map - i love the bunker and the dish areas
i've taken to jumping around on hydro when i have time to kill or when im waiting for a lobby to fall through

also, it's broken in mm
but tbh it is valve, what are you expecting? :^)

You have 10 seconds to explain why this isn't the best medic sidegrade
PROTIP: YOU CAN'T

Didn't that completely block crits of the type you were healing with when it came out? I remember healing snipers with it so that enemy snipers couldn't do more than 50 damage. It completely ruined their MLG tryhard sniping competitions, and made them actually focus on the objective

Its still now and even though it was shit for a while Thanks Tough Shit update now it is better than ever since the vacc can actually hold the momentum of the uber longer than it should has since getting the correct resist nets you an uber bonus
Plus its absolutely fucking great at shutting down Sollies and Demos

remember when tf2 was at least a playable game

Dude, that's my favorite map, dude.

Steel might not be objectively the best map but it will be the only map in my heart till the day I die.

Which class voted for whom?