Untitled

I thought that would be SIlvaGunner

Crash Bandicoot Warped

Nothing to prove wrong.
Each Crash was easier than the previous.

START YOUR ENGINES FOR A SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT EUROPE PRODUCTION

kill yourself faggot

COOL GAME, DEVELOPED AND CREATED BY
NAUGHTYYYY DOOOOOG

crash 1 was a piece of shit, pure artificial difficulty because crash couldn't fucking stop slipping on EVERY SURFACE, yes, even fucking sand he would slip from just a minimum amount of momentum and you'd drop in a hole.

Crash 2 fixed all that.

crash 3 went a little overboard with the special powers, the bazooka just cheapens the entire game, but its still a great game and has a shitload of secrets.

crash 4 was just crash 3 but not as good.

crash twinsanity took a different focus, a more open-world-esque gameplay where you don't just jump into portals to go to each level.

crash mutants just fucked the franchises shit up, they let reddit direct the game and it was the end of the series.

The only bullshit part of crash 1 was the part with the invisible boards they expected you to watch a VHS for to know where to jump.

Holy shit you're a retard, the game wasn't fucking nintendo-hard, you're just bad at videogames

you don't make every surface slippery for no reason. Crash 1 was an unresponsive and slippery piece of shit, thankfully crash 2 fixed all of that, and the only places that were slippery were the places that were meant to be slippery, like the ice levels, those were fun because the gimmick of the level was that the floor was ice.

you're looking at it through nostalgia googles, back in a time where you had nothing else to play.

Crash had artificial difficulty to get 100% completion until Wrath of Cortex

all of those had a noticeable detail to them.

for example, the nitro boxes in crash 2 that teleport you to the purple gem they don't bounce
the obstacle in the race level? its different to every other obstacle the sign is an Ayy lmao, very distinctive from all the others

that's not artificial difficulty, those are called secrets.

True, but the pit in CB2's bear chase level and the pterodactyl from the dino chase in CB3 didn't have anything special, as far as I know.

you were supposed to figure out that you could jump back to the bear platform with a properly and carefully timed slide+jump+kick.

the idea was that someone would want to explore the level or pick up missing boxes by going back, the second jump is impossible, and thats when you'd fall into the secret level.

Sounds like something you get used to. If it adds to the difficulty without being pure memorization or luck based, it's legitimate.

Nigga I 100% crash 1 the other day.
You're fulla shit.

Isn't that pit hinted at through the three planks that remain after the bear's fallen down it?

some people have fun eating shit, does that make eating shit healthy or good?

yeah, you'd eventually get used to it like you'd get used to anything else, but that doesn't make it a good thing.

thats why they removed it from all future games.

I'm not saying it's good, I'm just saying that you not liking it doesn't make it artificial difficulty.

what the hell does artificial difficulty even mean? its not something i was ever able to grasp because everyone seems to just use it to describe something they dont like.

I have no idea how that makes sense

Crash's secrets are the "if it's there, it exists for a reason" type of secret.

How embarrassing! Have you actually played video games before?

Was that the case for Crash 1 actually? I always reset after dying because NO DEATH ALL CRATES LOL
I do know that's the case for 2, and for 3 I didn't die frequently enough in that game to notice.

I remember taking months to beat it the first time, then ending it years later in one sitting with 90 lives in the bank.
The game is pure skill if anything, get fucking good.

Get gud. I've literally never even heard anyone talking about slipping in this game. It's a much harder game than the sequels, but it's not unfair difficulty. The only thing that's really a pain is the save system, which is fine when you're going for 100% since it saves with every gem. Gems are harder too since you can't die but it's still not unfair difficulty. You should be getting good enough to beat each level without dying anyway.

Crash 2 was improved in every regard, though you can argue it was made too easy.

Crash 3 is much, much more difficult if you include the relics, and has some really cool secrets. But you could argue it went overboard with the non-platforming levels. IIRC nearly half the levels in the game are on the tiger, jet ski, biplane, motocycle, or scuba suit. Plus there's one where the entire time you're riding the dinosaur. Still, it's all done very well, and the platforming levels are arguably even better than Crash 2, with more complex routes to get gems and stuff.

CTR was the best kart racer up to that point, and still one of the best of all time.

The rest of the games don't count, even though some of them are okay. The GBA games are tolerable, The Wrath of Cortex was a respectable effort, and Twinsanity showed a lot of promise, despite being rushed out the door long before being finished. The other games are all shit though. If you want a CTR 2, don't bother with Nitro Kart or Tag Team Racing, just play Jak X.

Those jumps are made so that if you just hold forward and jumped as soon as you hit the ground you'd make it across all of them no problem. I figured this out when I was a kid without hearing it from anyone. You just have to know how to look for secrets in platformers.

It's not slippery. You're just bad.

IIRC that one pit doesn't make a sound effect when the bear falls. Or it does make a sound effect and the others don't. I forget which.

The pterodactyl though… yeah I got that one by accident just by actually dying. Still don't know if there actually is a clue. The fact that you can't stop running there makes it hard to even investigate. But IIRC you don't need that level to get 100%, or the other secret warp level on the Jet Ski either. You only need the levels you unlock with relics, and of course the regular levels.

Crash 1 converted some crates to checkpoints if you were that fucking bad at the game.

FUCKING FUNNY

There's only one level where you kinda need to go forward and break some crates in the dark before turning around and grabbing the light, then going through really fast and getting the rest of the crates before the lights go out. You should never need to go backwards through the dark outside of that part (where you don't need to cross pits or enemies) if you plan your routes enough.

Guess some people just don't have it.

This was the best Crash game ever until my uncle stole it.

Some of the camera perspectives in Crash 1 are shit, but that's about all. I don't know what you're talking about with slipping.

Crash 2's camera is fine until you try to backtrack in some levels. In the rear-facing camera levels it means you can't see more than 2 feet ahead.

Crash 3 goes overboard with non-standard levels and not quite enough regular platforming, kind of like Earthworm Jim 2. It also spreads most of its visual themes evenly across the entire game. So even though you're in the egypt world, you end up playing levels set in medieval europe or present day or something. All the worlds except the last feel homogenized because of this.

Only thing I remember about Crash 4 is the coco levels. Why the fuck would you have levels that are like the normal gameplay but worse in every possible way?

In the levels where you run toward the camera the camera is placed further away than levels where you're intended to go forward. The camera is famously very deliberately scripted in Crash.

Actually, now that I think about it, didn't most of the Crash games do this? I guess they wanted to have constant variety, but it always made me feel like things weren't really progressing much.

why are nice things dead, Holla Forums?

crappy things ate them

I get that, and I did exaggerate when I said they're outright shit, but sometimes they just feel off. Mostly in those levels where the camera's behind you and at a bit of a bird's eye view, it makes it hard to see the edges of platforms. And with Crash 2, it feels like there's some points where the scripting didn't take something into account, like going backwards.

By the end of each game you start getting a bit more progression. The best example I can think of is the power plant levels building up to Pinstripe, the manager of the power plant, in Crash 1. And then everything after that is Cortex's castle and eventually The Lab. Crash 2 then has a dark jungle level thrown in the last world, and Crash 3 only has one super-science level in the last world.

Because Crash Bash and the other post-Naughty Dog games killed them.

You're probably right that you're not normally intended to go backwards and that the camera doesn't allow it unless you are, but in the parts where it actually is intended, like various forks in the road, the camera does move further back when you walk backwards, IIRC.

The sequels ditching the world map for the hub room didn't help with the progression thing either. The last world or two of each game does always stand out to me, though.
Geez, really? I need to stop arguing from memory.

Crash 3's fifth warp room has one science level, one motorcycle level, one arabian level, one biplane level, and one egypt level. In that order. The last level is an egypt level for some reason.

On the topic of the last world or two standing out to you, I still don't know what exactly the fourth warp room in Crash 2 was supposed to be. The floor was used in some parts of the sewer levels but its in a volcano or something?

fuck I pulled out a cloth to wipe that period off