Star Control Reboot

Anyone else cautiously optimistic?

It'll be shit

1. Writers today write like fucking children. I blame social justice and modern education for this; treating them all like children so they don't learn any better.

2. They'll pander to some group that isn't representative of people who liked the original games.

3. It'll be made by a soulless megacorporation for the sake of profit above anything else.

so far they only fucked up one game, user. Or did i miss another drama?

All of their games are sterile and underwhelming. They couldn't even improve on MOO2, what hope do they have of improving on Star Control?

i think itll be an awesome game full of frustrating bugs that make me lose interest faster than i would have thought

Absolutely nothing about that teaser made me in any way even slightly optimistic. Quite on the contrary.

the only thing about it i didnt like is the spherical planet. ive never liked that crap.
t. flat earther
im kidding

if it has even a single iota of the charm 2 did it'll be decent
don't fuck this up, stardock

They already swung and missed on the graphics / art direction

The only thing I don't like in the trailer is the alien design. It doesn't feel very star controly
On the other hand I really enjoy the way this thing looks.

looks like dog shit, besides why would you even 'reboot', the game is perfectly playable already?

what makes it star controlly or not? being in dos tier graphics? they were all so varied in the first place. pkunk and zoq fot pik looked like something out of a dr seuss book while the thraddash looked like ratchet and clank or donkey kong characters.

You're part of the problem.

What?

It's the cartoonish design of the aliens.
The alien that they showed looked like a generic Halo alien.
They should be more organic and strange.

yeah i can see where youre coming from. although i would say the vux were pretty generic looking at the time period. nowdays something like vux would stand out for looking kind of classical.
while ive grown attached to the designs of the aliens themselves what really got me interested in them were their personalities and ships. i kind of dig the evil confucius look, maybe they just want to eat our pets and make cheap knockoffs of everything.

that's a cute squid

They got the IP & didn't do much with it.

This teaser couldn't make me worry more if it tried. Oh wait I take that back it could have referenced Star Control 3's plot. I can't wait for the devs to say

Why are you here if you never played star control kid?

See

I salvaged what I could from their garbage ass design.

this is considered an improvement? or just the elements of his design that you like?

Original design is overdesigned and overcomplicated as fuck. I basically just removed the parts that should be removed. If you want to ask where his interface should be, just imagine him slowly and methodically pushing a button on the squares of the platform he is standing on. It gives a sense of mystery and mysticism like his design implies, rather than a bunch of balls jizzing light in his face. Now he looks like an ominous alien cultist leader like the obvious intent was.

And before you point it out. Yes I have zero artistic capability, I can only just fix shit design.

You people never learn.

Trump won the presidency so I think anything is possible user.

That's nothing new. Everyone knew he was going to win from the start.

Romero is a known cuck but he is still pretty good at making videogames.

What was the last good one he made?

Next to nil but hey, maybe they'll add some memes and shit. :^)

you went further than removing complication, you removed entire features. the balls can go, but his hat is a large element of his design and the red emblem on his robe is probably important.
he reminds me of agahnims concept art from link to the past, but you left him with even less detail. is aggy overdesigned too?