Subnautica General

Is Subnautica still relevant here or did everyone stop playing after the last update. I hear in the next one, leviathans will be immune to the stasis rifle.

Get in here.

If they make leviathans immune to the stasis rifle I will stop playing the game. Stasis rifle is the only thing that makes gathering materials from leviathan infested areas tolerable

pussy

wasn't it supposed to be done in august?

Feels pretty damn close to done. All that's left is the lava zone at this point I think.

part of the lost river is apparently being worked on still too, and the sea emperor is going to get larger and patched in somewhere

It would also help if the logs where voiced, but they probably wouldnt be good.

Haven't played for a long time.
I'll probably play it in a few days or so.

that being said, the game still looks to be about 90% complete in its current state

Is that a battering ram?

Fucking Reaper ambushed me coming out of the lava tube in my P.R.A.W.N at 5% power. I've never spiderman'd so hard in my life.

Hope they finish the zone soon.

Reminder that you’re a nigger because it takes place in a future where white genocide was completed.

Frankly I don't think twisty bridges or lilypads will be added anymore. If they are, it'll be in some kinda of post-release update. Once the precursor bases are finished I think they'll call the game "complete".

Punching a reaper to death (or at least playing rodeo with one) is the true endgame

Nigs can barely build mud huts, and ghettos let alone an underwater base.

Tell that to the marxists (all modern liberals) who pretend all of humanity is equal.

Isnt the characters hand white? Or at least just tan?

Remind me when trump loses, polfag

Lel, OP here I just made that up. If they DO implement that, it will probably only be in hardcore mode.

MC is mongolian not a nignog, read the lore faggot

The danger of leviathans enhances the comfiness of home base by contrast.

Reported for leftypol.

You even publicly announced you reported me, How much of a faggot are you?

everyone stopped playing video games in general for the most part

Pic related, the player character as seen in the early access trailer.

Oh my god it's totally fucking Brink

why does he have baby hair?

I don't understand the tall and think skull shape meme.

Devs are in San Fran, might possibly explain why.

Did they ever get around to optimizing this piece of shit?

Optimization is one of the last things that get done in the development process.

That said, they are still working on removing terrain deformation from the engine, which should improve cell loading by quite a bit.

OP here. Just got done playing with the latest update.

Apparently warpers will hunt you and try to kill you in creative mode.

That is all.

They will also try to destroy your seamoth while you're out collecting resources or exploring a wreck.

any more lewds?

fuck you carlos

absolutely hideous

BUY SUBNAUTICA NOW AND YOU WILL GET THIS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE CUTEFISH PET !!!!!!

alien sea jews

Can you have sex with it?

I haven't played in a few months. Was thinking it might be time to play through it again since they added a bunch of stuff. Did they add base attacks/defense?

doit

TIL you can die in creative mode

It's not like you're losing anything when you do manage to die in creative.

DEEP SPACE > DEEP SEA

Okay, bud.

reminded

Get reked figgit.

Wakey wakey!

Have they added that exosuit and the lava zones yet?

Yes and I think they finished the Lost River biome too recently

btfo.

I don't know, I had to restart the game because of the update and I have no drive to collect everything again. I love the game, but starting from scratch isn't appealing.

I've never even used the stasis rifle to gather or explore near the leviathans. I just avoid them and get in, get out. Usually you're only going for wrecks in their territory when hunting blueprints.

I played through again when they added the lavazone but before lost river and progressed for prob the 3rd time, only to find sort of a blank placeholder area after I unlocked all my cool prawn suit stuff. I didn't explore some of the new stuff they added, like the new thing on the island.

Some.

lad…

>tfw no revelation that you're just blood cells in God's body

Why not both?

I love how even after media begrudgingly called Trump the winner, they just stopped counting the rest of the states so it only looks like he won with 274 instead of more votes.

another thread derailed with political shit, the election is over you niggers let it the fuck go and talk about games and shit already

Ok.

cry more leftyfaggot

I can play this game too buddy

Where do you think we are?

Big news happened, everyone is excited about it. Let them have their moment and stop being a faggot. You came into a derailed thread only to derail it further. Fucking hypocrite.

correction, I clicked the thread from the catalog with hopes there would be discussion on subnautica since we haven't had one in a while, so fucking forgive me for wanting to talk about the fucking game only to be greeted by political shitposting

And your solution instead of making your own thread or just ignoring this one, was to whine like a faggot?

Fuck off.

stop trying to talk about video games

What a terrible thread. I hope you're glad.

I've never used any of the rifles or torpedos or whatever. That's just a waste of resources, honestly.
All I really want out of this game now are megastructures - either massive prefab pressurized glass domes that you can build structures inside of, or piecemeal free-building of walls/floors/ceilings with internal supports that can form arbitrarily shaped and sized pressurized buildings.

Also, if monsters are going to start attacking bases - and they should - then base defense turrets need to be a thing, even if they're just shocky nonviolent bullshit. The game needs things like that to chew up huge amounts of energy, because with the current game balance, you can crank out so much more energy than you'd ever need that power becomes a total afterthought.

For what purpose?

That's a shame. I was hoping the current story of the game was a placeholder. There's an evil bacterium that infects everything and the planet was under ancient super-alien quarantine to contain it. Humanity is also a massive galactic empire.

It would have been so much more interesting if the Aurora was humanity's first attempt at terraforming another planet, and the planet they picked was already being terraformed by another species - all of the bizarre lifeforms are actually bio-engineered to terraform the planet by consuming undesirable elements and processing them into what the species needs. This would explain why almost everything attacks and tries to eat you on sight, even though the biology is totally different. It would also introduce much more tension when those aliens pop by for a look and see that the planet they've been meticulously terraforming for the last 300 years now has a huge ship full of Earthling space hobos infesting it.

For the purpose of making a big dome and being able to look at it and be all like, "Yeah. That's cool."

You're expecting the game to become something it was never being developed as.

But then what's the point of observatories and multipurpose rooms? You can do everything you need with external power generation and tube-halls.

The rule of cool is not something that should be ignored, user.

There's a point where it's just not worth the development resources anymore. I rather have more biomes to explore.

For what purpose?

exploration > base building

Since that's a blatant opinion statement, it seems like we understand each other perfectly, user.
What I want and what I expect to see are two different things, just as what you want and what you expect to see should be. That doesn't mean you stop wanting, it just means that games are always, at their core, disappointing -no matter what.

Good. Now you can fuck yourself.

I had to repply to this.

You seem upset for some reason, user, even though all I did was lightly criticize an Early Access game for not pandering to my highly specific tastes.
Do you worship the devs, or are you just more autistic than I am?

Sometimes having a slow board is nice.
This is one of those times.

REPORTED AGAIN.

Tumblr tier character design. I wonder what would happen if I complain about this on the Steam forums and demanded they replace that shit skin with a cute anime girl.
does the game's lore say anything about there being no white people in the future?

:^)

The press doesn't serve the people, only themselves.

There won't be any white people in the future. Without external pressure, and with the invention of sunblock we're eventually just going to fuck ourselves into homogeneity

I took it to be a subtle jab at liberal utopianism. Remember that one text log where they talked about how eating dead animals was considered "disgusting" and everyone ate synthesized garbage

kek

Under water guns mod when?

Last I played was a couple patches ago, what's changed?

Do fish in an area replenish themselves yet? That bit always bugged me, after a while the starting area didn't have any fish, even once you had your own food supply going.

Jesus dude, you cant just bring me back to 2007 without warning like that.

I think it was Mahri Nui that started my love of deep sea settings, also it was the best Bionicle setting IMO.

I don't expect subtlety from anyone in 2016.

Post yfw you first saw one of these fuckers not knowing they're harmless.

The end game should involve upgrading your shit & exploring the wreckage until you can dive to the deepest trench, there you will find a big sea monster guarding a way to get home. All the skills you've learned & tools collected will be vital in subduing the beast. Afterwards, you return to the surface & blast off.

A sandbox game needs to have an optional satisfying ending to make the plot seem valuable.