This controller is trash

This controller is trash

Okay, I mean, it feels good and the actual inputs are really responsive, the problem is that I have spent three days now trying to get it to work wirelessly. When I hook it to usb it'll work perfectly, but with the adapter the triggers are read as the z-axis, so when I go to use them as a button, when I release it reads as another, opposite input.

And that's after the full day I spent to get drivers for the damn dongle

God Damn, why does this have to be difficult? Why are so many things fucked up like this? I know, I know,

It's my fault for getting it, but I just wanted to play vidya in bed, and I couldn't find any of the 360 things that'll let me do that.

BITCHING ABOUT MICROSOFT/CONTROLLERS/HARDWARE GENERAL

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B007Q45EF4
broadcom.com/support/bluetooth
instructables.com/id/SNES-Teensy-USBPS3-Gamepad/?ALLSTEPS
amazon.com/DualShock-Wireless-Controller-PlayStation-Black-CUH-ZCT2/dp/B01LWVX2RG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why don't you just use a wired 360 controller?
Then if you need a better d-pad for certain games you can just hook up a PS4 controller, that (i heard) now Steam supports perfectly for all games.
And even if you don't use Steam you can make your system read the PS4 controller like it's a 360 controller, in any game, using a program called DS4Windows.

Basically what's the point of using an xbone controller, it's the worst of both worlds.

The only decent controller Microsoft ever made was the Xbox Duke Controller
The Xbox 360 pad feels like a cheap piece of shit and supposedly the Xbone controller isn't that well built either

Sony has really only made one truly decent modern controller too. The Dualshock 4. And even though Sonyniggers like praising the DS3, it still carried over the same afterthought ergonomic layout of the DS2. The DS4 is probably the best USB gamepad on the market right now, especially considering it doesn't need any special drivers to run. All you need is the 360 controller emu for some games. I'm genuinely pleased Bethesda added native DS4 support to Skyrim Remastered

going from liquid shit to peanutbutter chunky shit is not a big improvement.

SUBTLE TODD; BEST TODD

Literally not a single person liked the DS3.
Not a single one, sony fan or not.
I don't know what fantasy reality you live in where you've met anyone saying anything positive about the DS3, ever.

Never underestimate the delusion of fanboys user. Ever

In fact, it was considered such a shit controller that all updated PS3 consoles now support PS4 controllers for most of the PS3 library (you still need a ps3 controller for it's home button to work, as it doesn't work on a PS4 controller hooked to a PS3).

Even sony doesn't fucking like the DS3 and encourages you to use a DS4 instead, that's how shit it was.

you don't say?

The PS3 had support for the DS4 before the DS4 even came out you dumbass. Because the DS4 is just a generic USB gamepad. The PS3 always had support for generic USB gamepads

wtf was wrong w/ it fam? I mean it wasn't groundbreaking or revolutionary, but I've never had any probz w/ my ds3 tbh. gets do job done u kno. on par w/ da 360 joint tbh.

DS3>Dogshit>360controller

This is the best controller faggots.

1-probably the flimsiest most fragile controller sony has ever made
2-worst triggers EVER MADE for ANY CONTROLLER EVER

I can't stress enough how shit the triggers were, it made playing something like GTA where you had to use them and hold them down a lot in order to drive absolute fucking torture.

Microsoft has made good hardware in the past. Their ergonomic keyboards are usually good, the original Xbox was great and their mice and trackballs are sought after by collectors because they work nicely.
I used to use a Wii U Pro controller with the Mayflash adapter. Dinput/Xinput switch makes it just werk with most software, and the layout is nice for clawing the right side. Only reason I stopped using it was because I got a Steam controller
I've heard that the X1 controller uses Hall effect sensors instead of potentiometers for the triggers and sticks. Instead of limiting current based on the position of the stick it measures the distance of a magnet on the stick from some magnet sensors. It's a cool idea.

No thanks, i don't trust borg technology.

only problem I had w/ dem triggers was puttin it down, I usually throw it over to da other couch when I get up. and sumtimes dat make shit happen unintentionally .

had mines out da box fo 6 years. prolly only 2 years of consistent/steady usage tho. Idk fam iz fine tbh.

you prolly shoul tho fam iz da future.

I bet your not voting Hillary either you fucking racist.

I got a Saturn/N64/PSX adapter for emulation but fell so in love with the Saturn pad for everything 2D I just custom joy2key for any game that doesn't require analogue movement now. I was actually lucky enough to get an xbone elite controller as a gift which is pretty great for all my 3D shit. It's crazy expensive for what it is though and I can't recommend actually paying that price for it. DS4 edges out the standard xbone in terms of pure comfort but extra setup can probably vary some opinions especially if you want to use it wirelessly. I think I've actually even heard some people getting Wii U pro controller to play PC shit which if it can is a pretty nice controller considering the price difference from the other 2.

WiiU Pro is my second favorite this gen behind DS4.

-Has a battery life of roughly 5000 million years
-Pretty solid d-pad
-Very responsive
-Digital triggers wich means you can't play certain games with it but also means they're responsive as fuck

Fuck you I love the DS3

You also love cock so it's not really a valid opinion.
Hell, a literal cock would probably be a better controller than a DS3.
More responsive too, probably.

I personally do suck cock for a living.

The DS4 would be great except for a few glaring flaws.

1. And most important, it's not wireless. With a battery life comparable to the Sega Nomad, it's more of a hybrid wired/wireless device which - while it's not required to be plugged in constantly, makes sure you're never too far from your tether and must religiously remember to plug it in after every session. That you can't just pop out a battery pack and keep trucking is another dumb fucking move.

2. The share button is fucking worthless.

3. The touchpad is fucking worthless.

4. The "options" button, is too far up on the controller, and difficult to press - which wouldn't be an issue, except it serves the same function that the Start button used to. Meaning basic functionality (like pausing your game) is fucking crippled.

5. The in-controller speaker is a worthless power drain, there for no other reason than to ape Nintendo.

Honestly, it's a pretty shit controller, but could have been great if they'd just not have have made the conscious decision to complete cock the whole thing up for no fucking good reason at all.

The one with shit taste here is you buddy.

Yeah, i heard EA was hiring recently, the pay is pretty good at least.

Actually, false.
You can use it in a hybrid setup to play certain old games with fucked up control schemes, like Realms of the Haunting.
it's a pretty obscure application, but it's worth noting

Most of that stuff isn't applicable to the thing when being used with a PC though. The share button is just a select/back button on PC. The touch pad actually can be used as a mouse if you need a mouse for something small and you sit away from your mouse while playing. The battery life is kind of shit though I don't know if the speaker effects battery life when it isn't used like with PC. The options and share buttons are also in a bad spot. The biggest issue with the DS4 though is getting it to work wirelessly. Mine constantly would just go to shit input lag even after trying with multiple recommended Bluetooth adapters.

Wireless is win 10 exclusive :^)

amazon.com/gp/product/B007Q45EF4

If you've got more than 1.6ms latency with it, something is horribly wrong with your PC.

Can confirm that. Pic related is the best trackball I've ever used. Shame they're expensive as fuck these days. I have two, but both of them have shorts in the cords because I never used them at a desk proper. Really need to get around to repairing them, but I've been lazy.

Yeah I've got 3 of those I buy it and it works great for a while then all of a sudden shit starts flashing red here and there which means the latency is too high. It actually might be my PC I haven't done a fresh windows install since win7 came out.

The stick drift is driving me fucking bonkers on mine, and I got mine sealed brand new.

You didn't install the shit-tier driver software that came with it, did you?

You should be using the generic Broadcom bluetooth drivers found here: broadcom.com/support/bluetooth

Also, you want a direct line of sight from the controller to the dongle. You aren't one of those animals who puts their PC on the floor under their desk, are you? The dongle should be plugged into one of the USB ports on the front of your PC as well.

I got rock candy for xbone and use it for pc fightan. I have owned a dozen pads and this one of the best, i understand its an exact clone of the real xbone so i assume that one is good too

If you don't care about using it as a PS1 controller and you know some basic programming and soldering you could mod it. If there's enough room in the controller you could stick a microcontroller in there, wire it up, program it as a PC joystick and it should work. Here's an example using the SNES controller: instructables.com/id/SNES-Teensy-USBPS3-Gamepad/?ALLSTEPS

The Xbox One controller only works wirelessly with Windows 10.
That means OP installed Windows 10.

There's a wireless dongle that works with windows 7

I got it to work just… not correctly with anything other than Owlboy, only because Owlboy specifically supports it or something, I don't know

What is wrong with a keyboard?

Yeah I primarily use a Wii U Pro controller myself whenever I use a controller on PC. Literally the only problem I can see it having is the lack of analog triggers (but I've already preferred digital triggers anyway), and that battery life is absolutely insane.

would this be a better general purpose controller than the 2016 Xbone (AA, bluetooth)? I'd like to pair it with my android tv box, pc, tablets, ect…

I'm a gamer, I can adapt to any controller. Just give me a few hours. So I don't know why people hate the DS3 so much.

But I do have one complaint: the DS3 is too fucking LIGHT. It's a weightless plastic toy.

Always bet on the Duke.

As for OP, should've bought that Xbox One S controller; it works very well with Jewtooth. Does the old Xbox One controller work with Bluetooth too?

DS4 is just a DS3 with significantly better ergos, better dpad, better sticks, better button placement, better triggers, macropad PC only :^), and significantly worse battery life.

It's not that the DS3 is bad, it's just that it's worse than the DS2 (I don't know why they fucked up L2/R2 like they did) while the DS4 is an actual improvement, and is the best gamepad for emulation to date.

that's what you get with x/dinput.

worst problem is the button labels are interpreted literally by everything with x-input. So games expect a 360 layout but you have the opposite.

The word gamer has been in use since I started playing videogames in 1998. I don't keep up nor care about what triggers people frankly.

It's a bit fiddly to set up with Bluetooth, but you can just use the Mayflash adapter. With the adapter it'll work with anything the 360 controller will work with, and it has a Dinput mode for anything older.
I've used it on an Android phone with a USB host cable and it worked out of the box.

i'm a gamer too

Its a configuration for people missing limbs m8

Xbone controller is alright, its a bit to light for my comfort. Although I don't have an elite, apparently they're worth the money. I use 360 controller daily for PC and it works well with pretty much everything.

Duke will always be the best Xbox controller though, such a beast.

How can anyone native to this fucking planet think those Bumpers are okay?

I feel like I'm reaching half-way across my bedroom just to throw a fucking grenade.

What kind of fucking martian hands do you fucking evolutionary relics have that makes you think its in any way okay?

Thanks, user

What kind of manly tears sized hands do you have?

What the hell? This fag lives in some imaginary world where bullshit walks.

I use the cheapest shit possible: Trust gxt39. Out of the box, I had to screw it open and spray some nanolube oil on the triggers and analog sticks. Then I had to readjust the d-pad and put tiny dampeners on triggers. Now it's one of the best I have ever used. Still not worth the effort.

While the Dualshock is designed to be comfortable either using just your index fingers (resting them comfortably in the space between L1/L2 and R1/R2), or having your index fingers on L1/R1 and middle fingers on L2/R2, the Bone is designed to is used with your index finger stretched over the corner of the bumpers, actuating both the bumpers and triggers. This is why the bumpers are hinged the way they are, and actuate best from that corner angle with very little force (you just shift your index fingers slightly to the side to actuate it without changing your grip).

Most people find that uncomfortable, however, since you can't rest your finger in between the space of the bumpers/triggers, and if you actually use the index+middle finger grip, you can still only actuate the bumpers by pressing on the outer corners which is a complete pain in the ass.

Xbone is the best to use after its learning curve of holding the shoulder buttons and also results in less fatigue

I'd rank the Wiimote a 2nd but you can't really use that for anything so that falls to the DS3 and then 360 controller

And the DS4 controller is much more comfortable than the DS3 controller, but the DS4 controller is missing its pressure sensitive buttons for lots of its functions as well as having the battery life of a Turbo Express so the DS3 controller wins that fight

I have most experience with these, and they work awesome.

I tried to like the bonepad, but ended up returning it after a week thanks amazon :^). After that, I bought a DS4 which I didn't think I'd like, but ergonomically it fit me like a glove so I stuck with it.

The 12 hour battery life could certainly be better (and it is if you disable the lightbar), but my days of 12+ hour play sessions are long past, and I can always play with it wired. The touchpad went from being a worthless gimmick to ridiculously useful macropad for emulation. Just PC Things I guess.

I just want a controller for pc. is there any good third party stuff that doesn't require me to rob a bank?

first pic in is roughly $20-$25 USD. its main issues are stiff triggers/analog sticks but it's otherwise very usable and a great value

I picked up the revised DS4 because they were going for $31 on Amazon factory sealed last week.

I'm pretty sure you can find Xbox 360 controllers for cheap. Pretty reliable, hard as nails, and weighty.

I'll look into it

I'd prefer something that isn't as weighty as the 360 controller because of international shipping and would prefer something with wider triggers

Not without reason sony sells a charging stand for two controllers for 30 bucks. Together with a second controller (put one on the stand, play with the other) the battery life is somewhat bearable.
But imagine this thing would run on AA cells. You would need those to buy in a 10 pound bucket.

FUCK
I want this.

I do too, but my DS4 is still good as new so I really can't justify buying another one instead of putting that $50 towards a nice prism scope for my AKM.

That and its fucking 120$ wherever I look cause muh collectors.

Really, niggers?

When used on PC this controller is godlike

I bought one of those on accident
It's pretty nice

Although I prefer almost everything about DS4, the XBone's pad is very nice. Favourite things about it are the triggers and surprisingly, the dpad.

tldr: Just stfup and git gud f8gt

I also have both an Xbone and Xbox 360 controller but they pretty much just collect dust.
Wait did they release one with bluetooth support etc.? Or was that the Elite controller or whatever it was called?

I actually bought a Mayflash adapter for my controller a couple of years ago but I ended up having to throw it out (after a while it started registering phantom movements on the right analog stick, while standard bluetooth via WiinUSoft works fine even now though I'm not sure about DInput support, all of the shit I play these days uses XInput).

My favorite controller I've laid hands on is still the 360 one, the pad is shitty but the ergonomics of everything else are the best. I've seen people complain about the asymmetrical stick placement but most games use the right stick and the right buttons about equally in which case which one is above or below doesn't really matter but they use the left stick way more than the pad so having that in the more comfortable over position is preferable. Xbone controller is pretty similar but I just don't like the way the bumpers hinge.
Gamecube controller gets an honorable mention for really great feeling L and R triggers and face buttons but the pad and c-stick were not comfortable and the left sticks on all the ones I've had wore down fast and left sharp edged plastic discs behind.

My xbone controller has been going strong for at least two years of hours of use near daily until just recently the right thumbstick has started to occasionally drift. It's easily the most comfortable and responsive controller I've ever used, and I'm sad that it's finally showing it's wear. That said I've never tried using it wirelessly, so I can't comment on that other than mentioning that the new controllers are getting bluetooth support which might make it easier on you.

Anybody here use the OG Dualshock?

Are MotionInJoy and JoyToKey really the only input mappers for Windows?

Prefer this over the DS4. Even ZUN has one at his computer desk.

Anyone tried these replacers before? My only gripe with the DS4 is the Analog Stick rubber.

what the fuck are you doing

Fuck the Dpad I want the Analogs

Even the 360 controller was poorly manufactured. The holes in the casing are too small for the analogue sticks 50% of the time, so you can't fully push forward/backwards etc. More noticable in some games more than others. I had this problem in DMC4 where Nero/Dante could not run forwards no matter what I did, they would only walk. I opened up the case and sanded it down and that fixed it. Full range of motion now.

why?

Why didn't you just buy a wired controller? No drivers to sort out manually, no weird inputs, it all just werks.

The cable for it is around 8-10 foot long at least for the xbone, some 360 controller cables are even longer from what I recall, reaching maybe 15 feet long, although the one I'm currently using is 11 foot long, but that's surely a long enough distance from your computer to your bed. It is for me, although my room is only 12 foot in length in the first place.

because it's fucking cool you nerd

Its kind of edgy and it doesn't look well with the rest of the controller. Maybe if you replaced the triggers with gun triggers you might have a theme going but im not a fan of the gun look.

It only works with xinput games, and both the 360 pad and xbone absolutely require drivers. Meanwhile the DS4 works with xinput, dinput, or games that support neither.

Holla Forums, what's the best PlayStation-style gamepad?
I'm not using my actual PS3 controller because the third-party software never fucking works for me and there's no need to tell me to get the F310, because I already had one and the deadzone made me suicidal.

DS4 is currently the best gamepad for PC. Get the new model (CUH-ZCT2)

amazon.com/DualShock-Wireless-Controller-PlayStation-Black-CUH-ZCT2/dp/B01LWVX2RG

Reporting.
The Wii U Pro Controller is simply the best, really, you're not going to find anything better.

I've held one before. I found it to be extremely uncomfortable.

Are these your hands, user?

It was uncomfortable because of the shape, not size.

Can't fathom how you could think it uncomfortable compared to the DS1/2/3, as you keep the same grip of floating it on your middle fingers, it just nicely fills out your palms as well. Button/stick/dpad/trigger placement is all the same.

/thread

Enjoy your latency you fucking faggot.

explain this shit then broadcum shill

user, it's not the drivers. You clearly have no clue what you're doing and are 100% computer illiterate.

I recommend buying a PS4. There's at least two good games for it now.

The D-Pads are also horribly engineered. I have two controllers made years apart (original that comes with it and Halo limited edition controller) that both ended up with broken down + buttons. Don't forget that for some reason the first gen ones will read correctly on some PC games, while the later ones will have incorrect inputs. Take for example, DOA5LR.

Didn't you already make this thread?