Molyneux fucked it up again

Molyneux fucked it up again.
I'm not gonna lie the first part of this is actually really fun for a mobile game, but goddamn as soon as you get to the typical Molyneux gameplay the game fucking falls apart.

Only someone so disconnected as him could've thought that this was ready for release.
This shit has received so little attention and care that it's honestly amazing it was even called ready.
jesus fucking christ

Other urls found in this thread:

www2.open.ac.uk/openlearn/philosophy/castle-forest-island-sea.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's always had good intentions but he doesn't understand video games.
He just doesn't "get" them.
He doesn't understand how to develop a video game that is fun to play.

He's basically an idea guy that needs a team of very skilled, pratical developers that can "contain" him and work what's in his mind into a cohesive, playable, polished product.
You know who he reminds me of?
George Lucas.
George is also a kid of idea guy that needs to have a team of people that have the willpower to tell him "no, this isn't gonna work, how about we go this direction" and they work around the limitations.
And then the final product has to be edited extensively and shaped into a good movie.
If you leave him free to do whatever the fuck he wants he'll just put out shit because it hasn't been processed into something coherent, it's just his random brainfarts.

But HOW does he keep getting work?
What was the last good game he made? I mean how the fuck have people not caught on to his shit already

wtf he's in game development now?

Because he's a big name and in this industry video game directors develop a cult of personality similiar to rockstars.
The average consumer is too stupid to understand that video games are the result of teamwork among many, many people working on different parts of the game, and publishers only think of the average dev as a sort of slave monkey only fit to work in their salt mines, so both mindset combined tend to push directors as the only people anyone knows jack shit about in this industry, making them famous.

Holla Forums itself is guilty of this, with Kojima and Kamiya worshipping, blindly disregarding the kojipro team, and the people working at PG, whose efforts are the actual reason why notable, historic games were made.

Got a link?

spot on

But both Kojima and Kamyia have done good games, recently.
Molyneux has been a decade without a good game, probably more.

Yes and no, they weren't completely responsible for the ENTIRE quality itself. They're the trophy boy per say, queen bee.

It was really close to being almost decent

Nah, he's talking about this blowhard.

Stefan making a game would be rather interesting though. Maybe like this?
www2.open.ac.uk/openlearn/philosophy/castle-forest-island-sea.html

Cuckmiya and cuckjimer never made a single good game in their entire life.

How is this a thing? He's been promising the moon since B&W and hasn't delivered. Just stop buying his shit. It's only gotten worse since he left AAA support.

So what is the gameplay about exactly and why is it bad ?

My phone is shit and since I couldnt get more than 10 or so FPS on it I get only to the part where you collect stuff for the camp lady and make your first shoes.

Ace Attorney: Not an Argument

I'm pretty sure that the project manager has the tools at his disposal to make a video game that isn't shit.

I figured Godus was going to be his last game but he just keeps fucking going.

Well Kamiya has blown it with scalebound. But he could blame microsoft and win most of Holla Forums back.

Nobody knows what the fuck is going on with scalebound. Only that it took the entire 8th generation and it's still not done, and that it looks like aimless garbage.

There's literally nothing wrong with Scalebound, anyone who hates it just doesn't like the protagonist's hair.

Nice.