Controller Thread

Hey Holla Forums, what are the best controllers/adapters for PC, using them for both current games and emulation? what do you use? are there handy charts for this?

Depends on what you're playing. Saturn is the best for 2D games easily.

How the fuck do you use that?

It's an adapter you retard

hfffff

tbh the regular xbox 360 controller works with everything that supports a controller

the dpad is shit but you never use that for anything important anyway

hello? 2D Games?

stick is fine for 2d too

woops.
Anyways. From personal experience.
Ibuffalo snes is really good for 2d stuff, usb straight, no lag, good feel.
As for modern shit, I wouldnt know but from otherr anons it has been.
candy rock xbox 1 controller is good, good dpad too.
xbox 360 controller all over fav among many, no really problems.
ps4 controller again, good, but short ass battery life.
logitech 310 is average at best, cheap, but not that good. Has some deadzones, cheap material, chord breaks?
gamesir3ge, average again, apparently the dpad is garbage, but most are anyways.
wiiu pro controller is good, but no analog buttons on joysticks, also needs a 35$ adapter, i think.
I use the gamesire3ge or whatever wired cause i got it for free. only played through dark souls 1/3 on it and had no problems at all, but i know some user here has a hate boner for it cause the dpad doesnt do left down angles, but almost all dpads do that. old stuff i use the ibuffalo snes

Also, never ever use a fucking adapter for controllers. Way too much lag. Either get a good usb version or mod the controller with a chip and cord for like 18$. Have fun.

dumb nigger

even dumber nigger

How many times are you going to make this thread?

As many as it gets to you that your choice is wrong.

I've got a 360 one for modern/3d games, a mad catz fight stick for arcade/fighters, a ps2 controller for 2d and ps emulation.

I also use my keyboard and mouse for morrowind/rts and whatever else goes well with it.

I just cant do 2d shit on keyboards.

I can. Maybe fix your hands LMOA

I can, I prefer not too, cause the game is designed to be played with a controller. Have fun going back over the wall and being poor the rest of your life.

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

Also

An xbox one controller would be even better than the 360 controller.

Post more anime weebshit.

You can't post anime on Holla Forums.

But overwatch is such a great game
HUE

I'll give it to you, you're shitposting 110% harder than I can right now

it just werks.

This is just embarrasing.

Trying to put the thread back in rails
I need to find a gamepad that can be an alternative to the Xbox 360 one. Should have the same triggers shape but not shitty analogs
Any suggestion?

I've been seeing this a lot lately: two guys just throwing shitposts at one another, not even having an argument. I guess the halfchan rapefugees are real.

Also best controller.

I found my old steel battalion controller, my xbox died but I was wondering if there are any decent games to play with it on PC.

The console came with a mostly clean Duke controller and a decent shape small controller
But I don't like either of those so fuck it

fam the xbone controller breaks a lot easier than the 360 and the bumpers get stuck and the sticks get loose

That thing even works with the PS3. I've yet to try it on my PS4, because I have nothing to test with it. Hurr hurr.

Late in the Xbox timeline, Pelican made a DAMN GOOD Xbox pad that was basically a 360 pad, in terms of button layout, putting black and white on the shoulders. Made playing San Andreas much better, especially with helicopters and such.

really? that's damn cool, because my ps3 controllers batterys are pretty dead, and the charging cable is so annoyingly short, this could make playing ps3 much more comfy.

also, can that thing be bought anywhere still? would like to test it out.

Well, I think the system pitches fits about certain buttons, but yeah, it can still be bought on ebay and such for a pittance. I just use a DS4 on PC, and a chinese DS3 on my PS3.

This thing. It kicks ass. You can use it on PC or on PS3. If your PS3 only has two usb ports, you can use two of these and use 4 wired controllers, easy.

PS4 won't work because Sony sucks, unless you're playing one of the games with support for usb controllers via the Lab Zero driver (gotta give it to them, that's one cool thing they made). Examples are Mortal Kombat X and SFV (I think).

Irritates me that I can't even use a fucking mouse in the goddamn browser on the PS4.

Oh god I forgot about the psone and it's nice curves.

Sony absolutely dropped the ball with peripheral support on the PS4 and it fucking blows.

The PS2 could use anything from the PS1 including its multitap (for ps1 multiplayer games), and the PS3 can use controllers and memcards from the previous systems via adapters aside from stuff like keyboards and mice (even printers!). What pisses me off the most is that when you connect a dualshock 3 to the PS4 it spews out an error message stating that you can't use it. It's an intentional and stupid measure.
Hell, the Vita functions on the PS3 are nowhere to be found on the PS4. Fucking Sony.

This. Xbone controller is #1, poorfags need not apply.

the xbox 360 controller is also shit and the control sticks also degrade very quickly, so is the xbone controller really WORSE in that regard, or perhaps even still a bit better than the 360 one?

360 pad is pretty okay. I think most of the people who experience the "sticks degrading" are ones who gorilla mash the fuck out of their gamepad, slamming the sticks around as they get excited like a fucking chimp.

It's the same situation with people complaining about the DS4's stick rubber falling apart, and then you look at their hands and they've got these gigantic fucking disgusting fingernails like a fucking homeless nigger, and you know they were just autistically scratching at the rubber with those hobo claws until it fell apart.

The DS4 I bought when the PS4 was still pretty new is still in perfect condition. The only controller I've had that ended up with corroding analog stick covers was a MadCatz Gamecube pad, which fell apart while it was in a box for like six years, but the controller was used when I bought it anyway.

Kill yourself.

The xbox one pretty much looks like the best choice now if you're willing to pay for the quality. Xinput is supported natively everywhere, the dpad is alright, and the gamepad itself has nice build quality so it won't break on you anytime soon unlike logitech shit. They say that the new xbone S pad will have built in BT, so you won't need a propietary dongle to play wirelessly. Xbone Elite is overpriced garbage with poor quality control.
PS4 is really good too, and I actually prefer it, but it needs third party software, and I heard that the sticks wear down quickly. I find the ergonomics better than xbone, though, and the dpad and face buttons are more responsive. The battery life is shit, so you're better off playing it wired. Steam is about to roll out a native support for it as well sometime in the future. Might be a solid alternative to xbone when that happens. I'm using it right now though.
X360 is soooort of alright, suported natively, but its d-pad is fucking abysmal. The worst across five generations. Can't recommend it. Bumpers are kind of wonky, face buttons are kind of rubbery, and sticks aren't the most durable, bit the d-pad is just so unbelievably shit everything else kind of looks good by comparison.
PS3 is kind of small-ish, and needs third party software, but some people prefer the symmetrical placement of sticks. It also has full analog face buttons as well as L1/R1, if you're emulating PS2 games that need it.
WIIU Pro, they say it's good. It looks cheap, but the buttons are solid and responsive. Has a huge battery charge. A big con is that the L2/R2 buttons are NOT analog, but it can be an advantage depending on what you're playing.
Gamecube - it looks weird, but it's comfortable once you get to it. But it's not the best choice at all since a) you need an adaptor and b) it doesn't have several buttons that an xinput controller is expected to have (select, L3/R3, L1)
Steam controller - it's a very fun toy to play with, and the build is pretty good, and it has grip buttons on the backside which are pretty handy for a lot of games that have you press a lot of buttons at once, but ultimately it's overshadowed by M+KB for games that require presion and conventional pads for games that are built for pads. The way it sends a combination of M+KB and xinput to the system can lead to some glitches. All in all, it's a novelty.

Source: i own all these, don't hesitate to ask

HERE BRO YOU CAN USE THIS CONTROLLER

NAH THANKS FAM I BROUGHT MINE

which ps4 controller do you have?
do you have the ZCT2 or the ZCT1?

Yeah my DS4 still looks brand new. Hell, even my Cordless Rumblepad 2 which saw 7 years of hard use with emulation before being retired for the DS4 still works just fine. I think most people overstate how fragile controllers really are.

Embarrassing :^)

ZCT1
What's the difference?

d-don't look!

Third revision of the stick rubber, light bar on the touchpad and native USB support on the PS4 (can play wired instead of just charging it now).

If you're using it for PC, there's really no difference since you could always play wired with Inputmapper and you probably have the lightbar disabled to save battery life anyway.

Less glossier material on the faces where the dpad and face buttons are located, less shinier/glossy triggers.
Most notably, the touchpad has a small thin transparent "slit" for the lightbar to give light off, longer battery life and better usb communication.

Looking at the specs, it appears to use the same battery. I think it's still going to have mediocre battery life.

I also notice you used the exact same picture (same filename and all) in the STALKER thread earlier.

Spice up your material, user!

Are you talking about the new controler for the pro console? I'm pretty sure it has the same battery life.

why is x/dinput so fucking bad

holy shit lmao

Pretty sure you've meant ds4windows, user.

Nope, want's me. Feels good that somebody is saving my crops.

DS4Windows became InputMapper. The better macro support alone is a good enough reason to make the switch. It's fantastic for pre-xinput games.

Isn't it obvious? Best controller next to Saturn IMO.

there's nothing wrong with dinput, it's supported by everything, you'd have to go out of your way to not support it on any modern os.

I have adapters for PS2, Xbox, Gamecube & Wii Classic controllers, but I'm using DualShock 4 controllers since they're the most versatile. I can use wired or wireless, d-input or x-input, DS4Windows can change lightbar color to whatever & can use gyro or touchpad as mouse input, it has analog triggers for things that need it. I think Sony, despite their abundant faggotry, have unknowingly managed to create one of the best PC controllers. It has everything I need for every emulator/game & even a few extra luxuries. The only major shortcoming is the shit battery which you can either replace or just use the controller wired with a MicroUSB.

> Literally just werks even on linux, right out of the box, no drivers required
Based chinks

Is it plug in play or do I have to have a third party client running in the back ground?

Or I mean do I have to have DS4Windows running in the back ground?

How shit are we talking here?

Depends on the game. If it supports dinput, plug and play. If it's xinput, you need inputmapper running in the background. Uses very little memory, and bare minimum

Bout 12 hours of solid use if you're playing something that makes heavy use of the rumble, maybe 16ish without rumble.

It's plug-and-play for the most part, but the features you get from it aren't as robust if you don't use ds4tool. I mostly use it plugged in to USB since getting the blutooth to work with it is a bit of a pain.

You only gotta pair it once & it should re-pair whenever needed, but if you use multiple computers you'll be pairing it repeatedly between them which IS a hassle. For that reason I use USB as well.

Rumble is one of those luxuries I like having. Muh emulators support rumble, that's where I use it & notice it the most.

I got four DualShock 4 controllers, all with 2000mAh batteries (factory battery is 800mAh), different colored braided microUSB cables & some decals that block out the lightbar with a cutout symbol in the middle that lights up whatever color you want using DS4Windows, DS4tool or whatever. A lot of the decals are normalfaggy, but there's so many on ebay you're bound to find something you like.

I use 'em for up to four player on emulators & a few local co-op PC games. It's kinda rare that I have the opportunity to do four player though.

don't fuck the video game controller

Did companies become retarded? I've opened up ps2/ps1 controllers on the inside it doesn't even inspire confidence, it's just a wafer thin plastic sheet and a little board that operates the rumble.
There's not much room for fucking error.

Oh my fuck, you think technology is magic.

The things that fuck off in controllers most often are the components made in slave shops, like cheap capacitors, shit batteries for new controllers, analog sticks because HAY LET'S MIX PLASTIC AND METAL WITH MULTI-DIRECTIONAL FORCE OVER TIME, and shitty membrane/contact pad combos. Plenty of shit to go wrong if the IC for the pad doesn't fuck off due to slipshod manufacturing or QC.

Atari 2600 and Neo Geo controllers are as low-tech as you can go, so they last until they explode.

These somehow remind me of those ads for nokia wallpapers on the back of magazines.

They need to do all of that shit to keep the price down. The 2600 cost $200 in 1977, adjusting for inflation, that's $812 today. Hardware costs have absolutely plummeted, so losing some build quality is expected.

PS1 gamepads were $50 in 1995 on release. That's $79 today. A brand new DS4 today is $47.

Try playing intensive action games like Godhand and Devil May Cry 3, stick them in storage with your own sweat on them for a year, and then see how messed up they become.