For real though, hotpockets

Give me an answer as to why we tolerate 4AM
Was it Mark's idea? Does he think people will like him then or something?
The other day he was very insistent on protecting the fee fees of his waifu thread.
Something really unnerving is going on here.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/wr1Tr
archive.is/jftUe#selection-603.0-609.26>>11175718
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/96390054/#96391840
twitter.com/RepKClark/status/790198636973928448?lang=en
archive.is/6vrKX
archive.is/EwNrb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

so we'd rather resort to the banhammer than face reality

Mark realized banning 4AM would piss more people off than simply letting it stay

The only person who gives a fuck about the 4AM threads is you. So there's not enough weight to justify banning them

I remember a couple meta threads that would prove you wrong

Containment threads.

is it really better to contain a cancer than outright chemo it?

You're the only person I see complaining

you missed yesterday's 4AM, user
archive.is/wr1Tr

OBLIGATORY MAKE YOUR OWN BOARD :^) ( ° ʖ °)

4AM has their own board

A spontaneous raid does not represent a general consensus

it used to be more than that, but with Mark and the mods not giving two fucks people gave in
last thing you want is getting banned for voicing your opinion multiple times and have it debunked as spam

On this board? Probably. I'd say it's better to have them stick in one thread than having them run wild and shit all over the place.

Wow so fucking difficult.

4 AM really has no business on this board.

The fact a board called 4AM exists that allows for 4AM discussion does not mean that they have a board. If they had a board, they would use it and not be here, correct?

Now, the biggest problem here is that
I CAN'T REDTEXT LENNY OR ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

user

we got rid of dumblrtale generals and the board didn'T fall apart at the seems, we should be able to do this as well

>>>/4am/ is their own board, user
go read it
they choose to be here because who the fuck knows why
maybe they can't stand being alone with each other where the threads are so slow they last weeks

It's like trying to take away alcohol from dwarves as a human, as a human you may think it'll improve their health, but on the flipside nearly every dwarf will be in a very bad mood.
Arguments based on tradition have no strength (it's alright because we always did it), but we don't fuck with tradition because it pisses off more people than it actually improves the standards of living, moreso if you consider that the majority of Holla Forums simply doesn't care about 4AM threads because 4AM threads don't bother them in any way to begin with.
Quite frankly, I don't see why 4AM threads upset you so much, or why you, OP, King of Faggots, should be considered a standard of quality if the only thing you have against 4AM threads is that you think they're cancer

Consider the following, suppose you get your way and 4AM threads get banned, then what? Does Holla Forums improve? Does it make you happy? Do you think you'll have done a great service?

they died off on their own due to a lack of interest and shitposters being tired of stoking the eternal fire, the mods only limited them to one thread at a time like with WebM threads and other generals

I don't know what killed Undertale threads since I stopped coming here for months around that time, but they were bound to disappear at some time just like all FOTMs (sadly, this one lasted for way too long, I'm glad it died off).

Well, the board is pretty barren, and posts everywhere say that BO is ded, so why don't you shill the thread in Holla Forums's 4AM's and get one of them to take over BO?

What this user said.
Why does a single thread that gets 200+ replies everytime, of which only one ever exist at a time, get you so pissy?

The posters are Holla Forums posters, and it means there's more people here, which means we don't have shitty slow threads.

Why do you hate 4AMs but love the generic shit threads that start, have 5 replies, get to last page then some retard is late to the party and dead bumps it?

if the dwarf shit up your human town while drunk you either kick them out or detox them
they can shit up their own territory if they want to

Does it break Holla Forums? Their only point of rebuttal is that it's "muh traditions" yet half of them have never seen a thread before avatarfags
4AM has been taken over long ago
what is being tolerated is a bastardized version of its former self

they are all fully aware of the board and I've brought it up countless times
they all dimiss it every time

any general is bound to have certain members or personalities pop up the longer it exists, it's inevitable in any community despite our anonymity. They're not going to go away no matter how often or how hard you ban them

There's more reason for containment threads to stay than there is for them to go. If you think 4AM threads have gone to shit, try to improve them by yourself instead of throwing your hands in the air and nag the mods to do your bidding, that's not going to work. It's why I'm actually bothering to type all this shit out instead of only coming here to check my dubs.

This place is already terminal. And that bipolar faggot already banned them at least once problem is that he's too limp wristed to keep them banned

it's not the thread that gets me pissy, it's the way the people have been handled that post in it regularly
for example you have this Ritsu faggot, who is now tripfagging to "spite" the mods or some dumb reason because he can't avatarfag anymore
that is a cheap excuse to still keep his persona because he craves the attention so much
if he fucked off to /4am/ who the fuck would talk to him?

I mean rule 8 was established because there was enough outcry for proper moderation of Avatarfags, but why is it limited to 4AM?
If you went to the waifu thread, you'd find that rule 8 is non existent there.
If this is how Holla Forums is supposed to be well fuck me then, but inviting this shit and giving it their own threads is asking for a painful death.

if they popped out with their characteristics rather than a name, that'd be one thing
but this is nothing but a cry for attention
if they wanted their community, they have their own board

who knows what the future may bring, maybe current year+1 he'll grow something that at least resembles balls

4am threads are cancer.

I'm sure that will happen by infinity next:^)

yeah, user, I can't wait

Seriously though, I get you. I took a break from this place for ~six months or so because reasons and since then I still need to doublecheck the address tab if I'm on /vg/.

I mean we always had shitposting and such but now you can't even get a decent topic going for mountainblade of all things without some post-ironic cancerfag doing his best to shit it up. And for no (obvious?) reason except to shit it up. I never expected to miss Holla Forums

well at least you didn't outright ban this thing, thanks mods

Maybe let me phrase it this way:
If I made these kind of threads every day and got enough traction and anons posting here, would I get to keep making these threads every day that have nothing do to with video games whatsoever, but are tradition by then?
I'll refrain from telling mods how to do their job, for god knows I can't change things myself properly it seems, but there seems to be a disconnection between them and their "work". I know it's for free, but moderation doesn't just mean ban spam, if problems like these arise, you'd at least spend some time in the threads in question, either lurking or participating, but all I ever saw of any mod in 4am was when they announced rule 8 and he even fucked that up.
So if the only thing you take away from this is to maybe spend some time watching over 4am, I'd be more than happy to call this a day.

I know what you mean, user.
It'd be foolish of me to blame this all on one soucer, be it Mark or the mods.
Still things went awry somewhere and they will only go downhill from here with the influx of 20buxchan refuge coming our way it seems.
Of course I don't know the perfect solution, maybe a final one when it's all too late but it is apparent that something has to be done.

I don't know if bringing back meta threads would do anything, but input is needed from everyone if anything is to change.

I suggest we build a wall. :^)
It's not like it didn't work out for Holla Forums

some kind of proxy to keep this place clean would be nice regardless

I suppose he meant the only one who gives a fuck about "complaining" about 4am is me

It would actually piss less people off, but the few people it would piss off are an extremely vocal minority with quite literally nothign better to do than complain.

4am can fuck off to it's own board.

Just ban games that were not made by whites, that would get rid of 4am and waifu threads

The issue is that both sides are vocal minorities. If the silent majority had a stake in this problem it would have been resolved long ago.

I feel the same way about GG, incidentally, which is a much less popular opinion. Why does a board for video games have to play host to several relentlessly recurring threads that have nothing to do with video games, when boards dedicated to those topics not only can be made at whim, they already exist right now?

I would say in hope for new blood but then I realized if you're not tripfagging or avatarfagging, then you may as well not go there. My other guess would be that they're attention whores who love it when people get irked by their presence or what they say (For instance Shitsu talking to his parents about waifus or Huey shitting in the showers) & by posting on /4am/, they wouldn't get the attention. Regardless, the reason will be hypocritical sounding.

Then it would seem that the "silent majority" is just fine with things being shit apparently

Good question, they have/had their own board, but yet again they stay on Holla Forums for some reason
as if it were hard for people who are dedicated to visit/frequent the board
if you go to the GG threads it's all the same people yet again

That's what I mean. It's done out of "spite" but it's really a cry for "look at me"
They blame people like me for other anons leaving 4am threads completely, disregarding that they are the ones who are repulsing them
It's never them, always the others

That attitude is prominent among attention whores, I can't be surprised.
Probably in hopes for new blood or recruits, I can't see "Look at how much of a fag we are!" being a reason but then again what do I know?
Only like them for Danielle and thats about it.

Mark fucking hates 4AM threads, he tried to ban them at one point but it didn't go over too well with the attention whores.

That's not true at all, and the people against aren't anywhere near as ravenous as the people for, watch what happens if the threads are banned, shitposting will run rampant and the babies will have their toys.

It's a video game related affair, 4am isn't

no, what he tried to ban was the people ruining the threads and he went back on it quicker than you can say oy vey
I really don't know what Mark is trying to do, but last I saw him was in a Waifu Thread after some of them complained about some faggot spamming the thread, because "m-muh on topic waifu thread gets ruined!"
give me a break

All I ever see is people replying to "BENIS" and "MARCHE IS A FURRY" and Acid Man with his waifu
I can actually see just why the board failed

Pretty much. And in Holla Forums, just about anything goes here. Usually. Good luck on your efforts, been staying up for no real reason.

Thanks, user. Have a good night if you're going to bed.

Shit's slow at the moment and anons there are holding out for the results of the election. If Trump wins, you know whos are going to blame you know what for fucking with SJWs for two years now. That and the Honey Badgers' trial in January along with it being the place where gookanon spilled the beans about Megalia and the 8 Goddesses that is currently the subject of South Korea's protests. If there's anything I really dislike about them it's that Val needs to be permabanned.

That's pretty much what I think.

I want to be around for that if/when it happens.

damn right, but it seems it is not that easy because multiple morons use his name every now and then even across threads
all these things you mentioned of course are important, but do they belong on Holla Forums?
most of it seems to be politics related/focused currently

the fact that there is still people retarded enough on social media and elsewhere to blame GG for current things happening that they don't like it fucking retarded
it's like they were in a coma for the past 2 years and don't know what happens if you kick a hornet nest

then you better bring your best shitpost game when the day comes, we'll be busy countering shit with shit

God, can someone just get really obsessed with Mark and murder him already so we don't have to deal with him and his Endorsed Shitposting™ anymore?

he's on his way to bit the diabetes bullet anyway id he eats another cheese cake all by himself
regardless, the issue at hand wouldn't go away that easily

*bite the bullet
*if he eats
god damn, am I that tired that I can't even type properly anymore

archive.is/jftUe#selection-603.0-609.26>>11175718

Yep. Other reasons it's on Holla Forums rather than its own board was because they started here and when the exodus happened, boards were made for the purpose of honeypots so that shitposters like:

and people butthurt at GG would shit up the dedicated board rather than the threads on Holla Forums. The board drama between Acid and revolt really hampered that. Another reason is because it's a Holla Forums + Holla Forums operation due to overlapping interests and enemies. Hillary Clinton tried passing anti video game legislation in the past and is of course the defacto champion of the SJWs and corrupt journos as she and her daughter have retweeted/support Anita & Brianna Wu. She's a big example of how politics will ultimately affect video games at the end of the day in a big way, which was a point of contention by some concerned about GG going too far in one direction of either strictly video games related affairs or the overall broader zeitgeist and its political implications. Something that has been used as a wedge to separate Holla Forums and Holla Forums by those wanting this site dead, which is made worse by Holla Forums's current condition if you take a look at /polmeta/ or the other political boards in which other anons too, have gripes about that board's moderation.

I feel GG could do much more if they managed to break free from the past. Current happenings, especially politics have no need for GGand shouldn't really be tackled as GG, at least that's how I see it. Otherwise soon GG will lose track of what it actual should focus on and just have people do their own thing anyway because everyone wants to bring their issues to the table. That is not to say that people who do GG can't do the other, more political issues, but don't get involved in those carrying a GG banner, keep the issues separate unless they overlap and become indistinguishable.

Yeah there were leads into shady entities like Silverstring and DiGRA with potential ties to things like Common Core but were not pursued aggressively because Gawker was viewed as easier prey and a higher priority, with the added justification that the aforementioned leaks were too tenuous. Those links being pushed and supported by someone referred to as S4T whom came off as mentally unstable and a borderline Icke-esque figure made matters worse which climaxed with heavy research into them being put on ice after coming into head with another person known as John Kelly which is an ugly story. I can't be certain as to how many people were pissed off with had unfolded from that affair exactly and this was uncovered not too long ago, to my surprise:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/96390054/#96391840

that's pretty interesting, last time I ever heard anything abuot DIGRA was during IA here holy shit! times
hope they'll find some juicy stuff

Also, I think I have brought my point across today, thank you mods for at least letting this thread stay and thank you to those who came by, regardless of whether you were for/against or indifferent on the issue of 4am and people who build cancer nests right here on Holla Forums
I hope this will at least spark some proper discourse for once and won't be brushed off

Mmhmm. CONLeaks released in August reveals that they had at least one white house aide on their side, Wu enlisted the help of a congresswoman to persecute them online and is STILL mad about not convicting anyone over it:

twitter.com/RepKClark/status/790198636973928448?lang=en

Canada's P.M. Justin Trudeau slammed Gamergate: archive.is/6vrKX

and Quinn and Sarkeesian spoke at the U.N. all because they're afraid of the consequences of anons airing out their dirty laundry:

DiGRA gets brought up from time to time in those threads and there's a thread dedicated to them on the current GG board I think, but they're not brought up too often due to them not attracting too much attention to themselves in addition to discussion being 'coincidentally' derailed whenever they're brought up in tandem with an increase of suspiciously anti-GG sentiments on here. Glad to see that this thread will end on a somewhat positive note, at least.

fo'really tho fam idk tbh. dat rule 8 been applied wildly inconsistently n I'm not sure if dem new mod type niggas jus b triflin or tryna show summa dat flex w/ it tbh monica.

i mean u already kno mos niggas on dis board ryt ch'yea b sum no heart coward type niggas dat jus wanna get sum rule cucks goin on. I'm sick of listenin to da loudest mos ignorant mo'fuckas bout dis shit tbh monica u kno. niggas actin like niggas color mah black ass surprised monica n das real family.

DAS REAL FUKKN FAMILY

I cannot read a single word of that you disgusting waste of oxygen and space

How is that a bad thing? I agree 4am threads are cancer though.

well I was too late to see the sperg in action, but the waifu thread is completely without topic or direction, so I don't think he was out of place posting his "waifu"
I got the archive he posted in the thread, tho
archive.is/EwNrb
he did go quite full autism
specifically look for ID: 1ec036 , Post: 11084639 and the replies

all they do is copy paste friday night muffuga tier shit, only tailored for waifu answers
it's as if /a/ reached terminal autism mass within one fucking thread
they are basically 4AM light, and at least they only get to make the thread once a week, but they keep it alive over that time, it's all a very sad read
choosing where to enforce rules like rule 8 should never be the case
go all in or go home

Apparently, he was spamming pics of Al Gore so it's pretty obvious he was just trying to shit up the thread. Retard should have spammed pictures of a video game character instead.
I think there's nothing inherently wrong with vidya waifu threads, the only problem is some faggots use it to blogpost instead of actually talking about waifus and their games.

all I ever see is >tfw tier shit and this one guy who wants to be sodomized by Junko
Never before have I felt this bad for someone else being pathetic
it's like /r9k/ and /a/ had a bastard kid and failed to abort so it came here to Holla Forums

TUMBLR OUT.

Cultists out