Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

MHX/G DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last three pics with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install the JP, EU, or NA versions respectively directly from Nintendo's eShop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CLSDeGeDpKs
youtube.com/user/CapcomChannel/videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG9Vclgo7ASILyjhoRnV7cIVOUFM7J-du
archive.fo/ScMPV
sniper885.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-126.html
gbatemp.net/threads/monster-hunter-generation-cheats-plugin.434897/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=CLSDeGeDpKs

What we know about MHXX

-Monster Hunter XX, or Double Cross, is basically the G version of MHX in everything but name.
-3DS exclusive, release date is March 18 2017
-Despite Tsujimoto's appearance in the Direct, Kojima's still the Producer for this title, so it is likely Monster Hunter 5 is still in the works.
-Two new Hunting Styles are confirmed, with only one properly revealed: Brave Style, which is built around buffing oneself by attacking continuously. Hunters will have a gauge ala the Tachi and Souken weapons that builds up when attacks are inflicted, and when full the Hunter is in a "buffed state" that allows for powerful chain attacks and swift dodges. The Brave Style Tachi play shows a blue colored outline for the Kiba bar, but it's unclear whether this is a change to Tachi as a whole or something exclusive for Brave Tachi.
-The second style is named "Renkin Style" and is likely short for 錬金術, "Renkinjutsu," or Alchemy. Combined with the graphics revolving around barrels, it is widely believed this Style will be related to combining and bombs.
-New Hunting Skills, including ones for each weapon class, are confirmed but not yet revealed.
-Nyanters have been buffed and can now use "Just Evades" ala Bushido Style, as well as a "Step Jump" ala Aerial Style.
-New Field: 遺群嶺, Igunrei. A non-word made up of kanji that roughly come out to "ancient ruins" "group" and "peak." A newly discovered field in a mountain higher than any visited before.
-Old fields are teased to return too, looks to be older desert fields.
-G Rank Quests are confirmed, as is a new base for them, the 龍識船 Ryuushikisen, "Dragon" "Consciousness" "Ship".
-Diablos from the original Monster Hunter and Berios and Bolboros from Monster Hunter 3 are confirmed to return
-Diablos has a Two Name version now, 鏖魔ディアブロス, Ouma (Slaughter Devil) Diablos, who is described as the "Chief" of the Two Name Monsters.
-Other new title monster alongside Ouma Diablos is an Old Dragon type 銀翼の凶星 バルファルク "The Silver Winged Fellstar, Balfalk" who has his own exclusive battlefield.

I don't have scans if they exist of the first page of this article or the last two with the staff interview, but the main takeaway from the former is that each weapon is getting new Hunting Skills. I mostly glanced over the interview since it was pretty fluff, stating things like the idea of the new area being previously uninvestigated due to being so high up, or how Balfalk was previously thought to be a comet rather than a dragon due to being so high up in the sky. Interestingly enough, they don't talk about how Capcom previously claimed no more G versions, and said the XX name wasn't to avoid using G, but basically because they thought it was cool. My best guess is that Capcom's now going to pretend they never said it to begin with, so you can all safely skip MH5 in favor of 5G though with piracy so easy now there's no reason not to start with 5 really

bumping with best & qtest cosplay

MH4->MH4G/U brought a shitload of changes for CB, though. Maybe they can salvage this broken mess

There isn't much to discuss at the moment, this post will bump the thread but don't be surprised if it 404 again, we don't really hunt with each other so this is bound to happen.

Remember to grab the lastest DLC, it contains a cat with Wolrd's Strongest so you don't have to fuck around with japanese cats anymore, it'll be unlocked to teach to any other cat you own as soon as you hire him.
It should make cleaning up the cat quests much easier (just don't get hit tho, scrub).
Also there's another cat coming, probably next month, that has a skill that boosts boomerang damage, so you're gonna want to grab that too once it's out for us.

Event hypers are even stronger than base hypers, genius.
Get some goddamn friends to tackle that shit with, jesus christ.

I don't really give a shit about the damage, famon. But this fucking cunt is the epitome of pleasure denial.
Yes, I did bring flashbombs. No, somehow not a single one connected.

It's not simply about damage.
It's about time invested and HP.
Hypers have close to G rank HP, event hpers have even more HP and more damage at the same time.
This means that you're spending more time doing them alone than you would with a full group as they're intended to be tackled, and more time = more mistakes = more potential carts.
Not to mention his attention being entirely focused on you at all times, increasing the number of situations where you'll get mentally fatigued, slip up, and thus cart.
It's a battle of attrition and an AI doesn't get tired, unlike you (well the monsters get fatigued, but you know what i mean).

Efficiency wasn't really of any concern, but him being near constantly airborne really did a number on my jimmies.
Being rusty as shit and then jumping straight back in with GS of all things was clearly not a bright idea, though

Only played the two PS2 games. What do I have to expect from the others? Any suggestions before try to aimlessy torrent everything?

More of the same with quality of life improvements in each iteration.
No major changes until underwater combat (didn't work out, it's gone now), then more verticality and mounting in MH4, with better and smoother animations in general, and since Gen there's tons of new shit like hunter arts, styles etc, basically only recently there's radical new elements that might, or might now carry over to the mainline games, as Gen is a sort of "spin off".

This is your progression:

-MHFU (PSP) (this is the game that will make or break you, you do have a background on the PS2 games so perhaps you already have some hair on your balls, if you quit here MH straight up isn't for you)
-MHP3 (PSP) if you feel like it, it has to be fan tranlated but you can find a pre-translated ISO very easily

Then buy a 3DS (N3DSXL runs shit better but regular 3DS supports circle pad pro for better controls, so it's up to you), and the progression goes:

-MH3U
-MH4U
-If you want to try Gen, wait for the western version of XX (wich is Gen with G rank) to come out, most likely in a year

Now get to work.

Just get the actual games instead, especially for 3G so you're not stuck with forced easy mode.

Oh for the love of fuck, every single thread with your shit.
Yes, 3U did get easy mode'd in the western release, forgot to mention that.
I'll put a disclaimer next time so i don't trigger you.

Then just wear less armor

Just because you use buzzwords doesn't mean it's not yet another reason to skip out on foreignizations in favor of the actual games.

I'd say just play the uncensored and unedited games you don't need to wait an extra year for. There's no benefit to playing the Western versions.

I see no benefit to playing the original version usually either. If the original gameplay or major content isn't changed I'm fine with playing the other version. I still grab the Jap version but once the localized version comes out I convert the savefile.

It seems that single player quest with the three apex monsters is my only hope for getting honing gems. The moment people say outbreak in multi they instantly quit.

MHFU was my favorite. Even out of the most recent ones. I just wish that it didnt have that shitty fixed vertical camera thing.

MHFU to this day should always be the first game anyone interested in MH should play.
I think it's in the perfect range between the total bullshit of the PS2 titles, and the way too easy modern titles.
It sits as the brutal, but welcoming initial stepping stone for new hunters.

After being forged in FU, they'll be ready to settle in modern MH games fucking up way less.
Ultimately it's all recommended with the final purpose to try and avoid situations where you end up playing with stupid assholes clownsuiting online with random gems and no skills active.
With a proper introduction, the hope is to at least give people a clue of what they're doing before hopping online.

Pic related was true back then, and it's still true now, MH must be played by the right kind of person, and not the type of person that want to force himself to like it because it's popular.
Else you get a Souls situation, where that's what exactly happens, and you get a community full of people that don't actually like the game and just feel a dick measuring contest obligation towards the series.

I remember fighting the gendrome. That fucker kicked my ass. I tried almost every weapon to try and kill it, and eventually fell in love with the long sword. Then after about 30 or so hours i picked up gun lance and played about 100 hours of that. Then i made a new character to play bow. In MHG im playing sns/bow support. Im not really a fan of the slow weapons.

I think i'm going to need an OP weapon to solo this shit.

Today i got a fighting cat with piercing boomerangs, big boomerangs, boomerang pro and earplugs.
MHGen came out July 15, only NOW i finally got one.

I mean it's pretty much my fault because i refused to use the cat of someone else, and i refused to search by type because i was fixated on looks so i searched purely by looks essentially making the search as painful and slow as humanly possible, but holy fucking RNG jesus that required some next level patience.

Im not too much of a fan of palicos. And the wont stop fucking laying there being peices of shit. Do somthing faggots.
Is there anyway to get the touch screen palico panel things to work? How do they work?

The little shits have a meter for enthusiasm, might wanna look into that.

I think the touchscreen Palico panel is for Prowler mode

Let's be fair now, MH4U is perfect under determined circumstances.
Namely:
And that's basically it.

I'm sure this gets asked a lot so sorry ahead of time for being a faggot. What Monster Hunter game is best to start with? I don't have a 3DS or a Wii U so I started playing the original on the PS2 but I was wondering, should start with a different one?

Start with MHFU emulated.

The PS2 version is the worst one, the 3ds and the psp version is the better ones.

Emulate MHFU using PPSSPP.
Then MH3P to get a taste of more "modern" systems.

Wow, iframing as a prowler is no joke.
You have a 2 frame window, at best, at the very start of a dodge.
A shit ton of recovery time after the dodge compared to hunters, the animations are completely different, much more clunky, tons of planning ahead involved.
This shit is intense.

Now i understand why most people experienced with them tend to mantain their distance and use emergency retreat in critical moments instead, or finding moments where they can sneak in a small horn heal.
It's more about correctly judging your distance and mending your wounds than straight up iframing trough shit and staying on target.

This thread is dead

We don't really post rooms here (it's basically just one guy, and he's not playing right now), so when there's no discussion the thread simply 404.

I might start posting rooms again if people get interested, I started a new file to get ready for XX since my old file is on my legit 3DS and can't be transferred to my CFW'd machine

All you need is homebrew, which works for v11.2

Doesn't that require that one DSiware title that they took off the eShop?

I fell in love with 4U's SA and promptly built a house out of severed tails from every monster my axe could reach.
The moment you find a triple socket pattern 7 Para / Power relic SA and your life is now complete

MHG's SA is more of a power sword or it's more of what dumbfag randoms who randomly swing Greatswords around should now be playing.

More details on brave style have been released.

youtube.com/user/CapcomChannel/videos

Many weapons already have their own video with demonstrations.

Things that caught my eye:

-Brave Style seems to be all about increasing attack opportunities, with all the parries, attack intercepts, quick step dodges and new combo chains.
-They finally moved the horn buff messages away from the middle of the screen.
-Auto-guard gunlancing is officially back.
-Lances can shield bash mid-combo.
-Hammer charge attacks combo into another charge.
-Great Sword's brave charge slash has huge forward momentum.
-Longsword's first spirit slash is a counter-attack with huge forward momentum on the follow up.
-Dual Blades auto-sharpen if you dodge into an attack.

I'm very eager to see some demo gameplay at the events now to see how practical all of these new moves are. I'm also curious to see if attack chains have changed at all in other styles.

Anything new on SNS?

Yea i used to main SA myself, in Gen it's just boring.
But on the other hand they finally fixed LS, so eh, i guess it was a give and take.

Let's hope it's like this for everything now?
I don't need a big ass message in the middle of the screen announcing when i'm increasing my stamina and whatnot, it was a pretty outdated design decision by now.

ALSO GUYS
LOOK
THE LS STAYS FIXED IN THIS STYLE TOO
Not only when you counter shit you immediately go in blue spirit, wich probably does even more damage than red, but the spirit combo when you're in blue USES THE ADEPT VERTICAL 2 COUNTER SLASHES.
Considering LS now has TWO STYLES that make it's moves vertical focused in terms of finishes, is it fair so say LS finally isn't a problem anymore online?

Cuh-ray-zee backflips all day erry day

Oh good. They buffed back A. I love that move so much i use nargacuga armor just for evade dist. Plus.

I only just got generations after not playing 4U for like over a year.

Glad they added in the qol shit to carving/collecting

where do you actually equip the special moves, it says they're at the item box but I must be retarded

Where it says change styles. In your house, in the box, very bottom of the menu. Its like equiping equipment.

oh i only ever tried the item box by the exit, that explains it

Now that I think about it - how the flying fuck is Bushido Style not being cucked out of existence by Brave Style?

They have different purposes.
Bushido is about avoiding damage and then running back in, brave is about facing attacks heads on.

Bushido doesn't use hp to function, and while theorycrafting that MIGHT seem uninportant, it will end up being incredibly important in pratice, by the end of a hunt you will either be at low HP compared to everyone else and more prone to being oneshotted while you're trying to heal and reposition (remember, due to the style you're right in the monster's face all the time).
Bushido allows you to avoid damage and reposition, the post dodge run is meant to be understood, it's timing integrated into your playstyle, allowing you to run in and counter.
Both styles require you to understand how to use their specific timing in order to consistently counter what the monster is doing.

If you don't know how to bushido, you'll get plowed during the run animation.
If you don't know how to brave, you'll spend way too much HP and end up being oneshotted.

Basically if you aren't gud at bushido, brave won't automatically make you gud, if anything you'll cart even more often, pissing off everyone in your group.
I predict a lot of kids that think brave is "press Y to win" chaincarting into oblivion online.
Not because both styles are that difficult to adapt, but because most people really are that fucking bad at this game that they don't even understand the timing and risk reward factor.

I think you might be putting too much emphasis on "tanking attacks" with brave style. The style really doesn't appear to be more about taking hits than any other style.

The sheath dodge is the only aspect of it that involves taking damage, and it isn't even the fastest way to build up your brave gauge. On top of that, the damage you receive from it can be completely regenerated over time.

Sheath cancel attacks look to be by far the quickest way to build, and possibly maintain that gauge. The rest of the brave style weapon specific moves don't look like they involve taking any damage in the process.

can you make the map smaller, it seems to take up a lot more space than in 4u

We'll see, but i predict that Brave will be the "counter and do damage" style, and adept will stay the "dodge and avoid all damage" style.
So the main difference between the two is that, with enough experience, you can go an entire hunt with adept without getting hit a single time, it's the "defensive-offensive" style where brave is the "offensive-offensive" style.
Two different ways to reach the same goal.

But yeah, considering the MH community has ALWAYS been completely focused on doing as much damage as possible in the shortest amount of time, it's a no brainer that brave will be far more popular.
So, as i said before, expect tons of immense shitters trying to use it online and failing miserably.

You can customize the size of the panels in the pic related menu but i have no idea if you can make the map panel smaller than the default size, i haven't tried it myself.

I meant the map in the top screen.

It seems to take up a lot more space than I remember, there's relatively little to show the game itself.

Nope, i don't think you can make that smaller.
I recommend putting it in the lower screen, it's basically the only benefit the 3DS gives you when it comes to MH.
That, and quick item combo using the touch screen.
I find the upper screen too small to also have a map up there, and i'm on a N3DSXL, even that isn't big enough for me to even consider putting the map there.

Yea I have the n3dsxl.

Maybe I remember there being more space because I had the map on the bottom? I don't remember

i thought the glaive and the kinsect were separate this time?

They are in terms of upgrading, however kinsects are bound to each glaive.
So when you change the type of glaive, you start over.

i had heard they were separated and got excited

not having to upgrade them at the same time is nice, i guess

It's one step in the right direction.
But they can't completely separate the two because at that point it would mean that they would have to allow players to craft kinsects separately from scratch, and then allow you to "pair" a kinsect to a glaive, and that means that each kinsect should look different from the start and have different innate bonuses in addition to growth and on top of that they would need to balance every possible kinsect type combination with each glaive…probably way too much work.

Why do you think that?
I had just assumed they just kept the current kinsects / kinsect system but just made it so that you could remove them and add them to another kind of glaive

because it's now it's just pointless to level up the kinsect until you have at least a mid-tier glaive

Well but that would just be…bland.
Like, it would mean that there's really only one type of kinsect you can make from scratch and the only visually different ones (from scratch) would be the kinsects tied to DLC weapons, so everyone would just grab the DLC kinsects and attach them to regular weapons.
Dunno it just feels lackluster, i guess.

dude i have no clue what you are even talking about

all I'm saying is have the kinsect and glaive be separate items, but aside from that change literally nothing else about the current system

DLC skins for kinsects wouldn't be the worst idea though

What i'm saying is that the base kinsect is the same for every IG, except some DLC IG that have custom looking kinsects (with custom propreties to them).
And kinsect growth is kinda limited.
So it's not like you'd get a huge amount of variation like we have with weapons right now, everyone would just make the base kinsect over and over and then upgrade them to every path, and then they would just attach the speed kinsect, the power kinsect depending on the situation on the IG they're using and that would sorta be it.

I think that's one of the reasons why the team hasn't separated the kinsect completely yet.

I'm bored of using guard+/evasion+ skills, what weapons can get by fine without them? I'm thinking of using the GS, LS, or hammer.

GS or Hammer will teach you how to correctly position yourself while staying aggressive.
Avoid LS unless you're playing Gen, and even in Gen, only play LS if you're going Adept (if you plan to play online with other people at all, if you're playing solo it doesn't matter).

Is there any point starting gen right now since double cross was just announced?

Just did a reset on my character. Unless you plan on getting carried by HR 300+ kids trying to show off, you won't get any groups for anything 1-7 stars.

Or you will end up waiting forever just to get retarded french kids who post their own quests anyways.

I think i might make a new character thay focuses on either DB or lance.

Well, you might have better luck during the evenings.
I wouldn't bank on farming any particular monster for parts though, unless it's one of the 4 or an elder dragon.
You can count out most deviant monster quests past 3 also

That's a shame, I play by myself a lot but it's fun to go online to use horn or to play with people that are decent but not no fun minmaxers.
What I'm more curious about is whether it's different enough for both to still be interesting to play, like most of the 3/tri series, or if it's just the same thing with extras, like ps2 and freedom or 4/4u

Your savegame will carry over.

It's a 3-3U 4-4U situation.
A relatively more rare concept for westerners, while this is absolutely the norm in japan and japanese MH fans buy both "versions" of the games every time.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG9Vclgo7ASILyjhoRnV7cIVOUFM7J-du

All the brave style videos are out. It looks really silly with the bigger weapons, but the smaller weapons look alright. I have very mixed feelings about this style, but I am looking forward to the brave style IG since your bug attacks with you.

I've been out of the loop for X, what hammer and/or armor should I try to make? Guild style if that matters.

Double Cross is the G version of Cross, so play Cross and you can carry over your progress to Double Cross. Alternatively, you can start fresh in Double Cross with the exact same experience. It makes no difference. Just if you play it now, make sure you're playing Cross, and not one of the foreign versions, since save data won't work across regions

I only have one set to use as gunner but I managed to gem in shot booster and stamina recovery up. Just made mythical three evils too and am loving it way more than the dq lbg due to the focus on multiple element and status shots.

Welcome to LBG club user!
>Daoras hornet is crazy with rapid ice, Ice pierce 1-2, pierce 2-3, rapid normal 2 and decent para s clips. It fucking melts HR Najarala in under 1:40 and breaks everything

Paralyse as the monster gets up from a mount or when its flying.
Usually paralyses most monsters so your going to have to count your shots and hope bladememers OR A GODDAMN KONCHU don't suck a round up.
Have a Full House III ready if a round misses or it's going to take more than 5 shots.

You have the fastest sheath speed in the game.
Fuck SNS fags who think it's a goddamn hammer and never throw a single flash or lay a trap.

You're clubbing with your girl you have one now, shut up when this guy hits her head with his Hunting Horn, what do you do?

What about SnS fags that para, KO, trap and flashbomb while looking super qt?

Show him HHs motion and exhaust values. Then dump the chick and commiserate at the bar with my fellow bonk'n'honk afficionado

Nothing because it's going to take another 20 years for him to stun her

No SNS qt's have ever been seen online, only the KO SNS fags have been seen in the wild.
Every. Single. Time.
Something clearly went wrong and I wish i was making this shit up.
Count how many Hunters you see actually using Flashbombs+Traps with SNS.
I've seen NONE over 534 hours.

On the plus side I have seen no one actually flashbomb Teostra in MHG, remember back in 4U where you had to have a shout out for nubs to not flashbomb that triple charging explosive rapist?

HBG is one of the comfiest ways to play the game. It's so repetitive but at the same time it's so satisfying in the simplest ways. You have a level of even tempered control that you don't get with blademaster weapons – able to hit any part of the monster at any elevation for maximum effect, and you can easily complete hunts in extremely fast times without so much as getting touched by the monster.

It's prim and proper. Vid related, the best HBGan music.

I've translated some info on Brave style. 2nd page coming soon.

oh god that looks awful.
seriously unless the motion values are nerfed to shit, there is no reason to use anything other than brave

the trap shit is good

Wait, it literally says that Adept is better for never taking damage. How is Brave the best?

Damage is all that matters, this is how MH always has been.

Bushido style has always been 100% pure defensive cuckery. Brave is exactly what everybody thought Bushido was SUPPOSED to be back when MHX was announced: a high risk, high reward counter-attack based style.

What we actually got was a flimsy fucky panic button that casuals use as a crutch because they can't into i-frames or positioning that does no damage because you're never properly positioned after the retard-run to actually land a counter attack hit.

Tnx for the tips m8.
I gonna miss the PS2 combos. At least they made the bow easier to use.

This took a while, but there's good info here. You'd never find a western vidya journo who would go into this level of detail with mechanics.

there any news on meme glaive yet

That article covers only those 4 weapons because that was all there was enough time for.

The other articles I've seen on this media demo session aren't nearly as in depth and don't offer much on top of what is seen on the official Capcom videos that were posted earlier.

Fuck I hate these fucking fucks who won't stop attacking when the monster is put to fucking sleep even when I let everyone know BEFORE the fucking hunt starts that i'm gonna ping when when to stop attacking FUCK! The last group that did that I straight up bailed on them.

Is this hard or something?

BR?BR?HUEHUEHUE

Je suis monte!

NOT FUCKING EVEN
Most of the groups that do this to me were english.

I haven't actually met a single BR online.
It's mostly spanish and french.
Frenchies stopped being a problem in Gen for the most part because when you attack someone while he's mounting you help him now, now the worst they'll do is a fail a mount, wich isn't a big deal because it's faster to kill them using other methods.

As for people attacking sleeping monsters, people from all over the world seems to be making the same mistake, i've had it happen with all kinds of people.
9 times out of 10 is because they're mid-combo and can't stop, or don't realize the monster is sleeping.
A lot of them play with their audio off so if they aren't paying attention to the visual effects of a ping, they won't notice you're pinging.

Adept Dual Blade is the shit and I'll fuck you up if you diss it. I know, Aerial is the more accepted one, but I'm one of the three people in the world who incorporate Devil's Dance into their playstyle. My group is full of gimmicky weirdos who have found their faves through just picking what looks cool, I'll admit it.

Anyone got the screencap of an user discussing the horrors of the French shitter?

I did nothing but mount spam in 4u but i was actually not shit at the game.

I just fucking loved mounting things.

What the hell are you even talking about.
In what communities is aerial DB considered superior to adept DB?
Just take a look at this shit.

I mostly don't even bother bringing sleep shots anymore because of this. We were doing alatreon and everyone seemed to be in agreement to back the fuck off when I was gonna ping. But nope, everyone just kept swinging along ruining a perfectly good horn break and shortening the fight dramatically as there would've been 8x barrel bomb+ to the fucking face.

It was at that point I snapped and left.

I understand this and I myself play while listening to music, but when I'm running blademaster and someone tell me they're gonna ping I turn the fucking sound back on and pay attention, especially if we're fighting an elder dragon.

I don't even do that, i always play with the sound off (in general, not just MH).
But i can still tell when someone is pinging, also because i've always got the map on the lower screen so i can see it visually.

It must be that i'm so used to playing games with the sound off that i'm more receptive to visual cues, or it's also possible that these people play with the sound off AND they don't look at the map, AND they don't look at the names on the left where the ping is also displayed, AND/OR they straight up don't give a single fuck.

Guess I'll make a shortcut that says "STOP ATTACKING RETARDS!".

En francais s'il vous plait

Arrêter d'attaquer le fou

But they deserve it.

How salty do people get online? Besides things like "triple carted by the same attack, despite it being the most telegraphed shit" or "ignoring pings and people saying they're gonna sleep the monster." I'm more worried about shit-flinging over being carted by an attack once, and never again getting hit by it now that I know what to watch out for.

Should I wait to go online, while I'm at it, or is it cool to just go in even if you're still low rank? Low meaning "just unlocked the other hubs," not "close to High."

I'm talking pubs of course, if that wasn't obvious.

Usually people are chill if you're doing late night hunts, and if randoms do get pissed they won't directly vent on you, but leave the hub. I've rarely been kicked from hubs but I suspect it's mainly because the host is foreign and did it because of the language barrier. These kicks usually happen upon entry though, so I understand.

For jumping in to online, I would at the very least make the tetsucabra set to be safe, assuming you're playing gen and assuming you aren't very confident in your skills.

"Salty" isn't the right term.
When it comes to MH, people get impatient.
And they express their impatience by either kicking you, or leaving the room to find another room that suits what they want to do better.

Basically, people online in MH want to get shit done and have a limited amount of patience, every time there's a cart a russian roulette starts, and there's a possibility that someone in the group will quit the quest, and the room.
Personally, i think it used to be MUCH worse in the old days, when it comes to pubs, mostly because people now have more tools to quickly enter and leave rooms, while it used to be a slower process (god, fuck adhoc) so a failed hunt would actually mean a shit ton of wasted time.
By the way as a general rule you should really try to find, or estabilish a stable hunting group with regulars that can play with you, any MH instantly becomes much better if you manage to accomplish that.

Also forgot to add, you really want a decent set that can at least allow you to hold you own before going online.
If you're playing Gen i can tell you 2 specific sets you should immediately aim for that could help you relatively early on.

Yep, Generations. I'm a Blademaster, and I'm guessing one of them is the Tetsucabra set, as said?

Also, is it a bad goal to try making one of each armor/weapon? Should I be saving them up and only picking specific sets, or is my "just build whatever you can and see if any new skills can be activated" plan going to be any help in the long run? In terms of seeing what'll work best for me, that is.

The first set you can do right off the bat is called BujaBujaBu:

-Bulldrome Cap (basically the gunner version, you can equip gunner helmets as blademaster)
-Jaggi Mail
-Bulldrome Braces
-Jaggi Faulds
-Bulldrome Greaves

Put attack 1 jewels in every slot.
This will give you attack up L early on wich is really fucking useful.

The second set, and the set that will give you an initial fighting chance online, is:

-Rathalos Helm
-Rathalos Mail
-Ceanataur Braces
-Rathalos Faulds
-Bnahabra Boots
-Any charm that has 2 slots

For jewels, put a tenderizer 1 in the chest, razor 1 in the braces, attack 2 in the faulds, attack 2 in your charm.
This will give you attack up small, razor sharp, weakness exploit.
Keep upgrading this set and it will help you massively as you progress into HR and craft the HR sets you want.

As for what sets you should build after that, get the following programs:

-Athena's Armor Set Search
-Ping's MHX Dex

These will help you figure out what sets to make, and where to find the mats for them.

Reminder: Gaijin Hunter is a literal cuck that sleeps in a cuckboard while his 'wife' sleeps with her girlfriend in the master bedroom leaving him to care for "my wifes daughter".

Yuricucks, when will they learn?

Fun fact: "Gaijin Hunters" are a term used for Japanese sluts that track down white men living in japan to pity fuck once a month in exchange for money and security.

HANDS OFF MY FUCKING YURI, YOU DOUBLE JEWS REEEE

Abso-fucking-lutely nothing at all. The falling asleep animation is decently long as it is, and unless the monster is warping around the room (which you're 110% bound to disconnect anyway) there is no reason to excuse yourself for being a shitter

Your yuri was always jewish
How do you not understand that it's the usual "death to men" shit

But how are they going to fit "dude weed lmao" jokes into yuri manga? And what kinds of comments would they replace with the "translator" 's personal politics that completely shit on the community that likes reading said manga in the first place?

How do moments like these happen?

Tell me, why does MHX hate the GS so much? Why is Focus so non-existent?

It's a goddamn tool of lesbian propaganda, do you think they have to change anything?

Silly user, the Jews have always feared the Samurai. 2D yuri is nothing like your sick and disgusting 3DPD marxism.

From what I've seen of English foreignizations, they have a compulsive need to rewrite as much as possible.

user, you're literally defending one form of anti-male propaganda by saying that another form of anti-male propaganda is worse.
They're the same thing.

Not for filth like yuri they won't.

They are not the same thing, because 3DPD is PD.

Because 2D is love.

Because 2D is life.

You'd be right if you weren't talking about yuri. There is no love in a lesbian "relationship," 2D or 3D. It's started via rape for god's sake. Yet you seem so comfortable with your insecurities convincing you to let a lesbian fuck your woman.

You don't get to wiggle out of this by repeating your moot point about 2D being different. Nice try, but in this case it's just as bad.

Regardless of the fact that you are still conflating 3DPD with 2D, you also seem to be confused. It's as if you're under the assumption that I'm Gaijinhunter or something.

Better give your parents a call and see if everything is allright. Maybe schedule for a check-up at your doctor, too.

Didn't say you were Gaijinhunter to begin with, but now I'm even more suspicious of how deep into the c/u/ck hole you are. What else do I expect from a confusedfag?

Oh I see, then you're just projecting these oddly specific scenarios from yourself.

Had that shit just sitting there for a week or two and no problem, what the shit man.

I'd recommend you growing up a bit and see the world in colors other than white and black.
There are several factors to it, like who is host, how far people are from each other and how reliable the connection is. Given that none of these are extreme - then you wouldn't be able to notice until you'd actually start paying attention.
If a random is responsive and does reply to your requests and sleep notices in lobby, then it's likely not exactly their fault for waking the monster up. However that statistic I have only on people that have their HR unlocked.

Latency doesn't come into play.
The sleeping animation is really long and the monster even resists the first hits as it's falling asleep, you have a lot of leniency.

Try aerial GS.
Less damage, but more consistent, you'll always be on the target.
It's pretty boring and ripetitive tho.

It's really not that complicated.
Before going on a hunt a guy says "when i ping, sleepbomb".
Then he pings as the monster is sleeping.
If you see it, you stop, if you don't notice it, you're retarded, as no amount of latency will excuse you not noticing the goddamn ping from the guy, regardless if the monster is teleporting all over the place.

It's super boring and repetitive, I very much prefer my GS on the ground. Man, maybe MHXX will throw us a fucking bone on armor skills.

In XX everyone will just play Brave GS and that'll be the end of that.
Pretty sure once you enter brave mode you'll have insta-charges and other similiar crazy shit.

Cuckshed Gaijin has a video on a couple weapons and their brave modes.

In comparison - sure, on practice it's just the right amount to not be a douche.
Just the other day I was playing with a person that I believe is breddy gud, we were doing prowler arenas. At one point in time I've complained to him with something like this "hey man, try to land those claw dances, like come on, the last hit is the most damaging one" and he is like "what are you talking about?". And then I started to notice that we had some kind of desync, some kind of latency problem, where it's not big enough for any of us to actually notice, but not small enough to make it just the right way it is supposed to be.
And thus I say here is the same thing. If people you play with seem adequate then why aren't you doubting your own observations, all of them, not just ones where you have a good opinion about people.

Back on the topic of leniency, I've been playing with randoms for the most part and I've had a way better time than people describe here, sure, it isn't perfect, and there are things that grind my gears, but even then, not everything can and or should be solved by a negative response.
Do note though, that I'm not a pacifist and I do utilize kick on sight strategies to make things better, just not as close minded as some people's which are then dogmatized and pushed into masses.

I think you didn't play enough mh and\or don't understand how online play works in general to see how exactly latency affects online play. For example you've completely ignored the part which implies that latency isn't exactly stable and linear.
Just to experience the non consistency of it, try playing the game in prime hours of a far off region not far enough to make someone dc, try to experiment a bit.

I've played with people all over the world since MHFU.
I've played with people that were downloading tons of shit in the background, people with amazing connections, people with shit connections.
I've played with randoms and stable, coordinated hunting groups.

Regardless of all that, people that were good at the game knew when to pay attention and stop attacking, and people that were shit at the game and wouldn't pay attention, didn't.
Stop making up excuses, you're starting to sound like a certain regular GL user shitposter that thinks he's hot shit yet gets kicked from every group he joins and he's completely delusional.

Anybody wanna hunt some Hyper Kecha Wacha?

MHG 28-5616-2209-7647

It seems you don't understand famalam. I have only started gunning within this past week with the majority of my monhun career's focus on being a blademaster. I have never fucked up a sleep bomb when given the proper notice the gunner was attempting to do so. This falls under the lines of common sense, and not latency.

As for your counter regarding who is hosting and how far people are from one another, I will tell you that I never host my own rooms, and have had many successful hunts under conditions very similar to this experience, barring me being host. Also, My friend and I both have 3ds' and have played MH3U, MH4U, and MHgen co-op and with randoms in spite of him living halfway across the globe from me with a very sub-par connection. Guess what? I never fucked his sleep bombs and now that I'm gunning, he doesn't fuck mine. Yet we have played with randoms with decent to great connections who still keep fucking them up while shouting "sorry" nearly every time.

Now, are you done being BTFO? Or are you gonna post more smug anime girl.jpg?

The most coordinated moment I can remember was when I flashed a tigrex during its roar and someone used this opportunity to trip it in which it died.

lewd

pitfall traps create vaginas in the earth for monsters to get unbirthed in.

Fuck off, kid.

If you're so right, why are you clearly being BTFO by your own fee-fees? Honestly, if 7ef5ac said ayy lmaos took over Earth and you two had an equally emotional response, I'd go They Live up in this bitch JUST because of your feelings

The rebuttal I and the other user were having with was backed with personal experiences in a fair amount of detail regarding the matter. He had a choice to make an ass of himself, and I suppose you did too with your own insecurities and fee-fees from your previous argument bleeding over into this one.

Well no shit Sherlock, my initial post about my frustration with sleep bombing was of course me venting, which these threads are pretty much intended for nowadays. I'm not the first one to bitch about bullshit in a monhun thread and I won't be the last. Barely anybody posts rooms in these threads anymore as it is, and frankly, there are better places to do so from my experience as most anons I've hunted with on boards going back to my tri days have been all talk with a limited few who could actually back it up, and I still occasionally hunt with some of those few. Honestly I'd just be glad these threads get the traffic they do.

Impolite sage

And in response to being called out on your feelings:
Good work, you fucked yourself with honest to god projection. You probably have insecurities too don't you, jesus christ.

Impolite bump.

You've earned one smug.

Why thank you. In return, you've earned another bodying.

Again, my initial post about the matter was never intended to hide my frustration, but to vent about it. Are you seriously this slow in the head? If someone literally has to tell you this while you completely miss the point and take it as "You must be projecting!" when that was the original intention then my god I pity you. And yes, every single person on the planet has insecurities you half-wit, even you. But you can go ahead let that fly right over your head because you seem to excel in that area. Fuck at least the other user I was arguing with put more thought and execution into his replies and wasn't a complete retard, unlike you.

Anyway I suppose I'll leave you to your glorified shit-show, carry on.

You didn't even "no u" me. You went for a "no everyone" "argument."

I'm gonna remember your filenames and posting style, I'll make sure to bring this up when you try accusing someone of being insecure. Have a good cry.

Ciao, crybaby.

I'm doing this for your own good: You're embarrassing yourself. Do you really want me to win?

saying this* My bad.

At least I'm no feelingsfag.

lol hold on, do you not understand ironic mockery in a greentext quotation or something? You might actually have real autism. No fucking wonder you keep missing the mark and sperging out about the things people greentext without understanding the implications or the targets of that greentext.

lmao go back to cuckchan, you seem way more autistic than the guy you're arguing with

Sure I do. You know what else I understand? Projection, which you're doing again you real autist.

See, you make this too easy. Git gud. You know deep down you won't.

I for one am glad X and double X look so bad the games produce no real discussion other than autism fights.

Thanks Capcom

No, I don't think you do. When someone mocks you with a greentext quote that has stuttering in it, they're implying that YOU are the one stuttering, not themselves. When you read a greentext quote that had stuttering your first reaction is "why is this guy stuttering?"

This shows a distinct lack of understanding.

Clearly you don't understand what projection means. I'll use you as the example.

You're fully aware that not understanding something is a crime that should be punishable by death, right? Right, because that's your viewpoint. Now, you keep saying I have "a distinct lack of understanding" and repeating that, not bothering with any coherent argument. You know deep down that you're full of shit, but in a last ditch effort to feel good, you're projecting your crime of not understanding on to me, like a beginner gambler making small bets to make up for his big failed bet in the beginning.

That is how YOU project. And yeah, I went there with the gambling example.

Literally, actually, textbook projection.

Literally said it once without repetition and preceded it with an observation based argument.

Again with the oddly specific and detailed assumptions about the other person. THIS is what projection is.

Have another smug.

You're getting bodied and it's your fault. You're gonna bitch about my post length, which will chalk another victory for me.

Now I'm going to repeat it: a distinct lack of understanding.

Guys don't fall for the N3DS PSP stick replacement meme. I did it to mine and it's complete dogshit. The stick is even less grippy than the rubber nub and because it's a rectangle hole for a square peg the fucking thing rocks around and shifts up and down.

I really regret doing this and I wish they sold something like the CCP for the N3DS with an actual joystick in it.

Is it fun to be my bitch?

You're completely delusional.

You're completely out of arguments.

I was thinking about doing it tbh.

I think you did it wrong user mine doesn't move at all it stays perfectly still. It isn't a perfect solution and takes a lot of futzing to get right but I like it better than the nub. It has way more surface area which makes it a lot easier to press in the right spot

I really don't understand why some people are obsessed with that fucking nub, replacing it, fiddling with it, fingering it like it's a goddamn clit.
I almost never touch that thing, the L camera lock and using the d-pad (not even the virtual d-pad, but flat out the normal d-pad on the left) works ok for me.

Maybe it's because i've clawed for years on psp and do the even weirder inverse claw on my right hand in souls games and BB, but i really don't require all this shit to handle the camera, 99% of the time the L lock works as intended.
If anything my main problem with the N3DSXL is that the way it's shaped, a big rectangle, gets tiring on the hands if you play for multiple hours.

However, i might do something to correct that in the near future…

Uh, can anyone help me? I tried scanning for the MH Gen NA on my 3ds but the url didn't work. How would I get the home-brewed stuff to work? Havent used my 3ds in a while.

Do you have a homebrew enabled CFW'd 3ds?
If no then go read the 3ds CFW thread because it's quite a process

Hm I normally dung bomb the monster we aren't focusing on. Have I been doing it wrong all these years?

You're doing the same exact thing i'm doing (and the correct thing to do), wich is dung bombing the invading monster and not the one you're attacking.
Read my post again.

So my r button is fucked and hasn't been registering inputs all of a sudden, not sure why it's always kept in a case if it's not in use, and it doesn't look damaged from what I can tell after taking my ds apart.
Currently making do by using zr as r but am I just fucked and just have to get my r button replaced so I can perform basic tasks in mh and go back to having the nice camera control usability of zl and zr?

I normally dung bomb the one we are focusing on, figuring that the one that just arrived in the area will stay there for a good while.

That could work, but the rest of the group is already attacking the target.
If you make it go away they'll get confused/pissed so just to be safe i bomb the other one.
Generally speaking i try not to overcomplicate any situation and assume people understand what's going on, the average hunter is pretty dumb and one track minded, better to keep things straightfoward.

I read that part over a few times too because I thought I would make that mistake. Maybe I slipped into another timeline or something. Trump still got elected right?

Who?

That ruins the fun of having a clusterfuck of attacks to avoid and allowing the monsters to damage each other. If you dung bomb an invading monster while I'm hunting with you, I'll appreciate it, but I'll be disappointed. Just don't be one of those fags that brings smoke bombs to arena quests.

Who?
Sundar Pichai won the elections, don't you remember?

It's only fun when you're in an organized group.
It's not fun at all when you're with randoms and they triple cart in 3 minutes because of it.
Better to keep them separated and to actually get shit done, especially when you're hunting for specific parts and you've had multiple hunts fall apart already and you're getting tired.

I did it and it is infinitely better than the original nub. Perhaps you made some mistakes in the process.

Monsters can damage each other? Because I'm sure that in Freedom Unite and MH3rd they can't.

Yes.
I noticed it from 3U onwards, but maybe that was also the case in P3?
I can't remember.
But anyway:

-They do way less damage
-They will always focus you anyway
-They're pretty good at breaking parts
-They're somewhat decent at flinching each other, and will fuck each other up with their roars too, especially if one of them is susceptive to loud noises (yian kut ku, to name one)

WHat said. In arena quests where you have more than one monster in the arena at the same time, Rage Match (2 Deviljho) for example, I've found that standing in such a way that one monster is always between myself and the other is a great way to wittle their health while you land some hits here and there when you can with your GS because that's the only weapon you should be using.

On rare occasions, one monster will target another monster while ignoring the hunters. I've only seen Rathalos, Nargacuga, and mostly the Deviljho do this.

another example embedded

Monsters can damage each other on MHFU if I'm not mistaken, hell, I laughed every time a Giaprey did that

They get hit and fly away, but they take no damage. I've seen Velociprey tanking Rathalos fireballs like a pro, flying away, and getting up like nothing happened.

monsters can and do damage each other but every attack a monster does to another monster is usually in the range of throwing a rock to small barrel bomb damage. Try killing a vprey with small barrel bombs, it still takes a couple for it to actually die.

I remember my first time doing G Rank exploration in MH4U.
It was supposed to be an easy quest with nargacuga and hermitaur then this Devijho fucker comes out and fucks the shit up of each one of the other 4 bosses, and runs away while i'm trying to kill him too.
It felt like we were rivals rushing to kill the bosses before the other.
Devibro.

Can't wait till we get the hyper Deviljho DLC quest (next month, most likely).

Well, i mean i'm not looking foward to everyone triplecarting every 2 seconds, but i am looking foward to the set, it looks fucking sick, it has Handicraft and a great amount of slots, definitely gonna make it as soon as i can.

I think you mean Najarala or Tidal "surprise 360 noscope waterblight" Najarala.

I've seen numerous triple carts on standard Jho.
Every single hunt feels like a never ending assault on the monster with no downtime, these players don't notice the small safe areas under Jho or just to his side and keep fucking dying.
ALSO they don't bring armorskins + dungbombs and get oneshotted or chewed to death.

Some people just don't want to use the tools given to them to make hunts a little bit easier.
These are the randoms that clearly won't finish the 6* village quests because online carries them hard and they think ALL the hub quests need 4 players and won't even attempt to try them offline with or without cats.

Oh boy 500,000,000 HP I can't wait. Hyper was a mistake.

I've been pretty lucky with Jho and Savage Jho, most people i've hunted with seemed to be accustomed with his moveset by now.
It sorta helps that his own moveset, especially the stomp and the dragon breath, are now massive openings for adept players to exploit, so it's not as bad as it used to be, at least.

That's why you go in with a full group.
That's not what worries me.
What really worries me is the fuckhuge damage bump he might possibly have.
I've fucked around with DLC hyper silver rath and ONE MISTAKE, just ONE FUCKING MISTAKE, and you're insta-dead, doesn't matter what armor you're using.
Saw at least 4 groups triple cart to it almost instantly.

Yeah Hyper is busted with HP I don't if I hate that more or futzing with wystones on apex shit.

Yeah because that huge damage bump exists on the other hyper… oh wait no. It's just the HP

You know what really pisses me off about monster hunter?!???!?!?
LOOK AT THESE CHARACTERS!! LOOK HOW THEY FUCKING LOOK!!! WHY THE FUCK DO THEY LOOK LIKE GOOD LEWD SHIT IN THE ART STYLE BUT IN GAME THEY LOOK LIKE ABOMINATIONS!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT!!!!!!! THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!! EVEN IN THEIR CONCEPT ART IS A BIT TONED DOWN BUT THEY STILL LOOK BETTER THAN THIS IN GAME PORTRAYAL. THIS IS A RIPE OFF!! WHAT THE FUCK CAPCOM!!!!

This is pretty retarded, isn't it?
I remember that what dragged me into monster hunter was some fine ass japanese art of a bow girl hunting some monster. The games looked nothing like that but what hooked me on to it was the gameplay so I ended up not caring.

Don't get me wrong, it'd be great if the games looked like that, but you're being ridiculous; if the games looked that good, the fanart would just be even sexier. That's how fanart works.

Truly, the only reason there is demand for a current gen/PC release is so that Holla Forums may hunt with HD waifus.

My kingdom for a good looking MonHun

A legitimate strategy to defeating the Caravaneer's Challenge is to have rajang punch and galick gun zinogre to death.

Even the CG stuff though makes the female faces look a lot more feminine. Also say what you want about MHO but the faces look gorgeous.

I did Ferocious Silver a few times with another user, but only after failing a few times on my own and making a truly ridiculous Fire Res set so I didn't lose 1/3 of my health by walking through the fire puddles of his fireballs. You can survive some bad hits with high Fire Res armor. I kind of stopped played after that because I finished my Silver Los armor set and weapon and there really isn't anything in the game better.

Replaying 3U now. It's so much more comfy than either of the 4th gen games.

plastic Korean pop star doll girls

Chinese love em like that and started imitating them shortly after

The women's body in character creation at least from 3u and 4u are kinda blocky, like a mix between fit and a tiny bit fat. But luckly it goes away when wearing armor for some reason.

I don't think the game's style is bad, it's just that the vast majority of the faces they made in said style are bad. Would it kill them to make more than one new face every major release?

I think my Hunter looks pretty cute.

For some weird reason, I can't unlock the Hermitaur R armor. I've done all the Lil Miss Forge and the Harth Chief request.

What am I missing?

Are you sure you did Triple Toady Terror?
Did you turn in the quest to the Harch Chief?
If for some reason there's no option to turn in, go do another hunt and come back, the hyper sets only unlock once you turn it in.

when are we gonna get gen 1 visibly toned stomachs back

For some reason clearing the hyper shogun ceanataur quest fixed it even though I've already had completed multi-hyper monster quest with hyper hermitaur and ceanataur

thanks user.

>take that abomination and paint it silver, cranking the FUCK YOU up to 11
>Sasuga, ore-sama! Takeshi has earned his pay in shiny pachinko shekels for the day! :^)

The nips need to be exterminated. No way around it.

Monster Hunter will never be free of Rathalos, just like Pokemon will never be free of Pikachu. The franchise will die with Rathalos on its tombstone.

Raths are never going away.
They're gonna paint them and repaint them over and over forever.
Just accept it and move on.

By the way, tha's the quest i was talking about before.
Since the last post i saw 5 other groups triple cart to it, dying like cockroaches.
When that piece of shit gets his talons glowing and swoops down he pretty much oneshots motherfuckers on the spot, and he's incredibly deadly accurate, too.

I would settle for unavoidable meaty setups going away. That shit makes me almost turn my 3DS into 2x1.5DS

G-rank Deviljho in 4U only has 9,372 HP .
Literally more HP than a G-rank monster when you have HR weapons.

Man I love HP bloat!

And people wonder why i cheese S.Los

Yeah i've noticed basically everyone doing it now goes ranged and tries to cheese him.
Sorta doesn't matter, i've seen them cart anyway, if anything they cart even HARDER because as soon as they're focused they die in 0.5 seconds instead of 2.
It would be funny if the situation wasn't so sad

Basically if you're not playing a super cautious Bushido LBG or Bow with hella-stacked Fire Res, there's no point in even attempting Hyper Silver Rathalos.

Evade early by two rolls before the Fireball and your golden, just let the blade masters and other gunners go to town while you throw a flash rave.
Fucking KO hunting SNS faggots who don't throw flashes piss me off to no end

I dont stack my fire res thats bladememers only, it's one shot regardless of res with sub 350 def.
Gunners shouldn't be getting hit anyway, right?

I can tank a fireball with my LBG Fire Res clownsuit.

I am afraid I might take a bite out of my 3DS the next time this happens.
Just tell me how much of a shitter I am - I don't deserve nice things happening to me anyway.

I want to be on your side here but frankly you were asking for it

GS is entirely built around knowing your prey and predicting it's moves.
Do a couple of trial hunts and observe it's patterns focusing on dodging shit, then actually hunt it.

Is there anything more aggravating than one hunter carting, and then the rest of them immediately quitting?
Even tho the monster is clearly halfway done.
And the other people left have decent equipment and you know you can do it because you're done it before with less people, or soloed it?
I could understand if it was a desperate, hopeless situation, but it really isn't, you KNOW the hunt can be finished with just a lick of effort, and people still quit immediately.

Yeah that shit is the worst.

>Cart on a level 7 capture quest. Moxie works but not when standing near lava
I hate those shitters who take the Max potions and then DON'T cart.
Thanks for fucking us royally in the ass.

Usual shit to avoid being bitched at.

They don't know what a Max or Ancient potion is for and probably wouldn't make one or carry one in the first place.

Actually most of the time it's not the person carting that quits, but either another person in the group that instantly thinks "shit's doomed now", or ALL OF THEM exept the one that carts.
Usually carters are like

Where do you guys go to to recruit hunters and organize hunting parties? I need a group to do some G Rank quests and hunting with ransoms isn't helping.

my favourite place to go about organising a group for clearing g-rank quests is the offline lobby

These monsters are big guys. They'll crash my flight plan.

Learn how to properly host a lobby.
It's an art that's barely mastered by /a/social Holla Forumstards.

im HUEHUE and its usually me the one putting the monster to sleep only to have burgers and baguettes waking it up while im placing bombs

What the FUCK is this? I thought Crapcom said this was going to be a single game generation, no G rank no Definitive Edition, no nothin'. Fuck, that was the only reason I BOUGHT this fucking game.
So now you're telling me they're just going to turn around and ask for another 40 bucks saying this time the game wont suck ass? This is pretty fucking gay.

I have a new 3ds that had un cfw firmware out of the box. Not much i can do aside from buying a cheap old 3ds off craigslist and cfwing it.

I was pretty sure black friday n3ds came on 11.0

Also so is getting MHX pointless now? I have it installed already but I have not started playing it. You think MH5 is for the switch?

MHX was kinda pointless even before MHXX was announced. I've never seen a MH release die so quickly.

My guess is MH5 is gonna be for both the 3ds and switch.
And you can import MHX characters into MHXX. So you could start MHX and play G rank when it comes out, Then play MH5. Or you couls just play MH5 when it comes out and ignore MHX.

Dont the devs favor Jap input in games? Did the japs like MHX? I keep hearing bad things about MHX, is the series going down? Is it being casualized?

I like MHX except the american version has lower monster hp. The styles make it alot more varied. I just hope that MHXX has the same monster hp as the japan release. Seriously, why dont they just make an easy mode for people who cant get gud and let me have my challenge back.

But that's exactly what they do, it's called "whitu piggu foreign version" and it's why they segregate online between Japan and everybody else in the world.

How lame, that really sucks. Hopefully they fix it but did us US people make enough noise to protest this?

As with every nintendo game, NOA/capcom doesnt give a shit.

oh don't worry, have you seen the new styles?
If anything this game is going to be even worse

I've heard this about a few of the games, but I thought it was just a myth

Coming from MHFU, i would know.

>archive.fo/ScMPV

What the fuck.

3DS piracy is region free, so even if you accidentally bought an NA or EU machine, you can still play the actual game instead of the easy version.

I have a new 3ds with 11.0 out of box. Im fucked.

Japan also gets more/different exclusive weapons and armor. Jap MH3U got a hammer that could heal fellow hunters based on Josuke's Stand, Crazy Diamond, while the US/EU got a boring pope scepter skin instead. Japan also got one more Long Sword and I think one more Greatsword than the US/EU versions.

I can already see the wave of vapid casuals this'll bring.

Shit. With any luck we'll hopefully see better advancements soon, otherwise keep an eye on Black Friday sales to see if you can get something reliably on 10.7 or below

Tbh, im not that worried about cfw. I only have the 3ds for like 6 games.

Understandably, but there's a fair number of good games that are either hard to find or probably not worth the price you'd have to pay, especially if you're not in Japan and would need to pay import fees, so if you get an opportunity I definitely recommend pursuing it.

I definitly will, when i get the spare money. But 100 is alot to put down for the few extra games i do want.

Fair enough, you know your finances better than I do, just a heads up is all.

Do you have an actual source to back up this claim?
And why the fuck is everyone else in this thread blindly accepting this notion without asking for proof?
Have you all gone completely insane?

Because America in general has a history of doing this to video games, and Capcom in particular. Most irrefutably and obviously was the 50 defense boost in Monster Hunter 3G's foreign version. I'll agree that someone really ought to dive into the game's code to find out for sure, but I can't blame anyone who takes it at face value considering the series' history, or the obvious anti-challenge attitudes of the localization staff.

As far as i know 3U got the 50 defense, and that's it.
MH4U was exactly the same as it's japanese counterpart.
MHGen has been dissected and tested by multiple people and they found no differences whatsoever.

We are TWO GAMES past 3U, the only instance where this happened, and a random asshole comes strolling into the thread and goes "oh yeah they changed X" and everyone is like "yeah sure, makes sense, i completely believe you".
Even people that -played the fucking game themselves-.
What is this, and elementary playground?
If i tell you guys that i found mew under the truck will you immediately believe me, too?

You got a source for that?

Like I said, there should be a look into the source code to confirm before accepting it as fact or myth, but either way it's a rather poignant testament to just how untrustworthy localization companies are.

So d61e14 was just spouting nonsense. I used cheats to display boss hp and it matches a Japanese source exactly.

I picked "Dread Locked" to check, which would be "跳梁し意思を用いず悪成さば" in the Japanese Version.

sniper885.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-126.html

Do those cheats work on the JP version as well, and how do you use them if so? Kind of curious to try this myself.

Try to repost this as one of the first posts when the next thread is made, so it can be quickly referenced just in case people try to spread disinfo to stir shit up, AGAIN. (i can't believe we even have to do this shit, people in these threads are fucking ridiculous)

You make it sound like it's something people are purposefully trying to be misleading about.

I grabbed the cheats from gbatemp.net/threads/monster-hunter-generation-cheats-plugin.434897/

You need NTR to use it. There is no plugin for the Japanese version. If there was I would have used it to take a screenshot for that version.

That's precisely what i'm saying.

These threads are dead 90% of the time, we almost never post any rooms and don't really play with each other, so once in a while someone will pop up to start shit and rekindle them because they're bored.
9 times out of 10 this involves autistically arguing among each other over the stupidest shit and straight up spreading inflammatory shit to purposely start arguments.
Sometimes these threads remind me of old /cgl/ in how petty, spiteful and in constant need of attention some of the regulars are.

Ah, so it's only for the foreign versions then, damn. Thanks user.

I honestly doubt that that's the case with this particular issue all things considered.

MAKE THE C-STICK GREAT AGAIN

I did some searching and found out that Lenovo has a style of trackpoint that's half as tall and has a 3mm square hole on the bottom (3mm matches the peg exactly). They're called "ThinkPad Super Low Profile TrackPoint Cap Set" for the X1 tablet.

Perfection achieved.

No you aren't. Steelhax is capable of altering dsiware saves. There's also a hax coming out that uses the sound application.

I just ran MH3G for the first time just out of curiosity to test NTR clock speed settings on Old 3DS Games. Holy shit, this is how the other MH games should run. It is literally locked 60fps when you run it at N3DS clock speed.

can you show some more proof?

It looks like shit tho, unfortunately.
3U looks pretty blurry and shitty on a N3DSXL screen.

Don't get me wrong, it still looks WAY BETTER compared to the WiiU port, holy shit the WiiU port looks like fucking shit.
Sure, it has better resolution, but it's missing 90% of the goddamn effects, i swear to god it's missing so much shit.
The first time i got the game on 3DS and compared them side to side i couldn't believe my eyes, it was almost like comparing the GC and PS2 versions of RE4.

What the fuck were they thinking.
I can't believe there's people that are actually hyped for the Switch version of MHXX.
Compare the 3DS and WiiU versions of 3U in both visuals and input lag and you'll NEVER trust Capcom with a home console port of an handheld game ever again, holy fuck they don't give a single goddamn shit, they'll just slap some piece of crap together in a couple of months and call it a day.

As in excited for a hypothetical version of it?

You mean like the photograph I took of my N3DS with said trackpoint nub on it right there? I don't know what else you're seeking here.

It's gonna be shit.

I remember playing the reign of fire game back in the day.
It was the most insane case of blue balls i've ever experienced.

All i wanted to do was play as the dragon and check out if it was well made, as there's next to zero games that allow you to play as a dragon and fuck shit up.
But guess what, you had to do 500000 incredibly boring missions as the humans, and what that actually meant is that you were this shitty little jeep and you had to fend off wave after wave of agile dragons just shitting fire all over you.
It was so easy to die, too.
I played that shit for hours, never quite managed to reach the part where you finally play as a dragon.
I checked gameplay footage of the dragon segments and it looked like shit anyway, what a huge waste of time.

Did it affect your sexuality in any way? Just curious.

Yeah, i now regularly fuck raths up the ass with oversized weapons to relieve my sexual frustration.

So its the fucking plot of mario brothers

Like I wanna see the bottom of the red piece so I can know which one to buy. Im considering doing it, though I plan on taking out the button the right way and not cutting it.

Oh well that's easy, the part number is 4XH0L55146. You do need to pay attention to the size of the hole, Lenovo's other trackpoints have huge 6-8mm square holes. Only these and I "think" the quarter-height ultra low profile ones have the 3mm square holes that fit the N3DS.

Hardcore turn-based tactics RPG based in the MonHun franchise, when?

I'm just going to put this out there on the off-chance that anybody is actually still retarded enough to think the nubbin is a stick:

The nubbin is not a stick.
The nubbin is in fact a pressure pad.

You don't pull it towards the direction you want things to move like you do with an analog stick, you press down on the side you want things to go like a D-Pad. It's a pressure-sensitive hard rubber nipple. You push it in. You don't fucking jam on it laterally and then act surprised when it snaps the fuck off.

You are confused. I did not "break" the nubbin. I "removed" the nubbin. It's awful for extended play because it's slick, untextured rubber and your thumb slips off of it.

Hunting Snowbaron Lagombi in MHG
61-8175-5522-5086

I'm at 10, ready to do other levels or deviants after

Shit it seems you cant order it on amazon.

holy fuck I just fought dreadqueen rathian for the first time, what a fucking boring and tedious fight. Like, all they did was give regular rathian tons of big AOE attacks with high damage but not enough to actually kill even when completely alone in hr2 armor, then after every single attack she just sits there for like 10 seconds+ doing fuck all, waiting to throw some big over-exaggerated, absolutely ridiculous looking AOE in your general direction, maybe. Add to that the super fun mechanic of 'nuh-uh my head is so super duper tough you can't hit it without ESP so good luck using half the weapons in the game without constantly clipping and getting stuck in bounce recovery'. This is exactly the problem that all the frontier type content gets, where it's all just flashy and hardcore looking, but mechanically horribly simple. Kut-ku would be dozens of times harder to fight if they scaled it's hp and damage up to the same level and made all it's extremeties bounce zones, because it's faster and more aggressive instead of relying on flashy moves that just look scary and Garuga is a great example of how to do a 'hardcore' version of a wyvern that's actually a genuine threat and not a cinematic one.

But all of this I could forgive, as it's hardly all that much worse than gold rathian, if it weren't for the fucking JUPITER SIZED HEALTH POOL. Like seriously, a regular hr2 rathian goes down in 5 minutes with the gear I've got, but dreadqueen took me nearly 40 minutes. Sure that's on a bad where I easily lost a bunch of time getting used to the movepool, but even at 20-30 minutes that's a minimum of 4x the amount for a regular monster.

Also, isn't dreadqueen rathian basically !notEspinas? The armor set even has spikes just like Espinas.

Massive HP pools is one of the biggest problems in the game. If hyper monsters were just pissed off the whole time it would be fine, but no they have to add thousands of HP too. I don't even want to fuck with deviants.

>Grab the last weapon you'll ever need GS with Guild style

I will never help anyone with a triple monster village urgent. Ever.
Solo triple Blangonga is the ultimate test of patience, THAT FUCKING DOUBLE LARIAT YOU CUNT

Every time. Bonus points if he's a foreigner and the only English he can muster is "help please"

the event monsters are even worse.
They have more HP than G-rank monsters and you're in HR gear. Because more HP means More fun right? (stolen shamelessly from the MH:generation dev notes)

It's things like this that's holding me back from diving into X/G.

The rest of the game is fine, it's just the Hypers/Variants/Events that are fuckstupid.

I wouldn't say that, the style and hunter art systems is pretty bad as well.
Honestly MH:G is probably the worst MH in a good while (outside of Frontier and Online)

The vast majority of the fun I've had in the game so far is pretending I'm playing MHps2/MHFU but with updates from 4u. Easily the worst title in the series as the only good content is the content straight up ripped from the earlier games. I'd also like to note how the few monsters that were changed for generations have been made worse, i.e. Lagiacrus.
Mizutsune and maccao are ok though I guess

I love how if you check this guy ID, he doesn't even remotely discuss the games, or post rooms, or anything.
He literally just pops in to shit on the game, and then fucks right off.
He ONLY posts in this thread when there's an opening to shit on MHX and that's it, he spent basically a week just doing this.
Holy mother of autism.

Honestly the fact they you're stalking him on this is way more autistic but I went ahead and read these 'shit on the game' posts and they're all just complaining about the hp bloat. Seems reasonable enough to me, maybe he just really likes monster hunter and is upset the direction the series is taking? I'd be like that but as far as I'm concerned the series is already basically dead and if I'm installing it on cfw anyway I'm just happy to get anything that isn't Monster Hunter Online-tier bad.
Oh and if people complaining about gen riles you up I've got one for you: What the hell was with the loli anime-opening dance sequence after glavenus? Glavenus wasn't even a rival monster ergo diablos/kushala/lagi/zin/whatever. Every other game the monster gets hyped up from the start as a big asshole bent on destroying the village or a legacy as part of the village's history, but glavenus is literally just like "Oh fuck what is that bullshit? Better go kill it hunter I guess if you feel like it maybe." then credits out of fucking nowhere like you saved everyone's ass or something.
The dance was cute I guess, if I'd seen anywhere aside from a mainline monster hunter game credits sequence I might've even liked it. As it stands though it was just bewildering and seems like nothing but cheap, lazy and contrived. and who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to show off that fucking lavasioth is in the game though. I have not met a single person in my life that's ever said: "You know what we need more of? Lavasioth. I just really want to see more Lavasioth, yeah." Boggles the mind.

Click on the Id of a poster, it highlights every single post he made in the thread.
Takes 2 seconds.
If you think that's "stalking" you're not going to have a good time here when you meet people that will actually try to dox you over the stupidest, most petty shit.

Really?
These ones too?:

Japan is fixated on idols and mascottes, the Meowstress is an attempt to merge these two things in one to make it as marketable as possible.
It's, once again, yet another element aimed at the japanese audience, as it's consistently the main target audience of MH as a whole, so it makes sense.

Are you guys seriously retarded?
Like, what?
No shit, retard.

If hp pools and damage are the only major complaints, then I congratulate you guys, you are fucking casuals. It's not devs fault that you are accustomed to raping the living shit out of a monster in a span of 5-10 minutes and when something stronger is brought to the table you shit your pants since your usual cheese(4 player online lobby is cheesing for anything other than endgame) playstyle tires out.
What makes mhgen horrible is villager request quests that you have to do at least twice(at most more than 4, because usual randoms don't have any sense of mh etiquette), twice or even triple the amount of gathering\slaying\wycademy points quests, 300 bnahabras, complete lack of coherence like said and thus no distinct atmosphere about the game.
Also, because you got lied about no G rank version, and you are likely going to redo every fucking quest you've had. And you know how it's called - XX, do you know what that means? 20 deviant quests.

You know what we need more of? Lavasioth. I just really want to see more Lavasioth, yeah. Why there is no deviant or variant Lavasioth? Boggles my mind.
But at least we've got the original Lavasioth, fuck yeah!
Seriously, I enjoy Lavasioth more than plesioth, to the point where I love fighting him.

Toukiden and god eater series are worse MHs, and some entries from them are pretty recent. Also, mh explorer and hunting series.

My mind is fucking blown
Did you enjoy him in FU too? Please say you did, it would seriously rock my world.

Logically consistent from an economical perspective, however my key complaint was the timing of the video. It would've made a really cute PV for the game, but as a 'victory after beating the flagship monster video' it was a bit of a shock.

I did… More dots so you'll get your hopes up.
Seriously, him spending less time in lava and his increased pool of moves that decreases frequency of a hipcheck and a nuclear tail slam makes him so much more enjoyable to fight, also his head is bigger and easier to hit and he gives more openings. Sure he still hits like a truck and his dive spam can be a bit annoying, but I accepted it as a g rank challenge.

It still takes more than a second to take note of and read every post made by a single person. It's not like highlighting a posting ID runs software to assess writing style and give you a percentage chance of said poster being a faggot. If what you're getting it is that he's one of those dedicated IRC shitposters you have a valid point in bringing it up but otherwise why even bother singling someone out for just being a whiny bitch about something and lacking the articulacy to convey that in words more than 'I don't like this thing'.

Love deserves a second chance, and I'll learn to love you yet lavasioth.

That, i can agree on.

I can read pretty fucking fast.
It's sort of an useless talent as i don't read nearly as many books as i'd like, but it's a big part of the reason why i like fast moving imageboards, i can scan threads for content really quickly.

New thread