Casual Filters

ITT: Casual filters
seriously, fuck this guy

Other urls found in this thread:

steamspy.com/app/251290
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, Latest gave me a lot of trouble, too

Contra as a whole.

This bitch taught me to know and love Flying Swallow back in the day.

Wesnoth.

sounds lewd

Anything as autistic as romhacks like these will intimidate repel the casual faggots, they're fun as fuck though.

Realizing how hard this fight was after replaying the game gave me PTSD.

the shump part

I think Bladewolf or Monsoon would be better casual filters.

I'm glad they're contained in stainless steel and aren't as OP as they used to be.

I tried rutile ruby before and I didn't expect the gym leaders to have a full team of 6 pokemon already. I also like the type variety of pokemon, like how the magma grunts don't just use poochyena.

That's lewd, but Murai is obviously what you should be posting in regards to ninja gaiden black and casual filters.

I sunk 85+ hours in the fucking game, first time playing it too, and I still hated it.
I'm happy the difficulty improved it, but the story, design, and art just absolutely killed it for me. Hoenn is no longer my favorite region, that crown goes to Johto/Nu-Unova

Not even gonna mention the music, since I replaced it with my own customs.

That guy wasn't hard at all though.

Always the best casual filter

What a bunch of casuals, all this shit is piss eazy

Inb4 retards that dont know what a casual filter is and whine about people not posting the hardest bosses evar

Alma was fucking easy.

Real causal filters

That guy from Divinity 2?

"Casual" is a dead terminology because video games are no longer niche. Video games are as common as fast food, so the using the term casual as though there is this dichotomy of people who are common plebs that only play "mainstream games" and people who are a part of some secret club that have some refined taste and sensibilities is pretty dumb. Everything is mainstream today and the internet only exacerbates that fact. In 1996, Mother was a niche title because only a specific type of person enjoyed it, but it's it's both nostalgia bait and easily available to any fag who wants "enrich himself" with video games.

So, the only real answer is shit that nobody plays anymore, like old DOS text based games, MUDs, and shit of that nature.

If you're using casual to imply that there is a dichotomy of people who are shit at video games and people who aren't, that is increasingly dying, too, because the majority of games today cater to the so called common casual; difficulty is being toned down for the sake of inclusiveness.

Not to shit on your parade, but you know it's the truth.

Do you think the Souls series is a good example of what you're talking about?

get out

So there's quick, shallow and cheap games made just to make money with the least amount of effort, and games made with more dedication and quality. You just want to change the term

In particular, Oblivion and KotOR? Really nigger?

How do you know what I'm talking about if you didn't fucking read my post in the first place? In regards to Souls games, they're pretty fucking mainstream and they're not difficult to complete if you have an IQ above room temperature. They're designed with player death in mind; that your character can die quickly is a method by which the game encourages you to learn how to play. You learn enemy attacks; you learn what you can block and what you can't; you learn what enemy types can be parried; you learn about how your stats effect your ability to use X or Y item; you learn how your equipment can effect your ability to move; you learn about environmental hazards and ambushes, etc, etc, etc. All of these elements put together teach you how to "git gud" or simply become acquainted with the game. Additionally, there are an abundance of resources available for all players that will allow pretty much anyone to complete the games, everything from items that regenerate health and magic.

You're not some "hardcore" or refined user if you complete Souls games because they don't really require much in the way of effort in the first place. They were novel for their atmosphere and simply because they asked the player to put forth a minimum amount of effort, which was something a majority of other mainstream games threw away in favor of coddling or patronizing content.

What? I never even implied that. Don't be a faggot.

No, you can use whatever terms you want. Causal means nothing, though. It's as trivial as "tea bagging".

But "tea bagging" has a clear and uncontroversial meaning, you fucking retard.

I used greentext only to imply that you wrote a text wall you sperg. but I do agree with it especially regarding souls. The meme that it is a whole franchise of casual filter games needs to die, because everybody plays it so they can think they're some elite gamer or something.

You joking right?

how can any boss in that game be a casual filter when the game is for casuals?

thats not how casual filters work user.

here, i'll give you an example since you dont seem to know what a real casual filter looks like.

Because you're clearly a not the sharpest tool in the shed, allow me to explain; Casual is a term that has no clear and defined meaning, therefore groups of people from all side of the spectrum can incorporate their own interpretation of the world into its meaning. This makes the term useless and therefore trivial. In that regard, it is similar to tea bagging, which is meant to be an expression of disrespect and mockery that is used to incite feelings of anger and resentment in the recipient, but has effectively lost the ability to do so due to its widespread and common use.

well it's good to know that someone understands the point I'm making.

who are you

CASUAL FILTERS YOU SAY?

Not even. All you gotta do is stock up on the Jump reaction commands when the prompt comes up and then mash triangle. Pic related is the true KH2 casual filter.

Yeah and "pan" means bread in Japanese so the term is utterly meaningless. Stop being such a lit major, try an argument higher than semantics if you're so smart.

To actually contribute to this thread, I hear that Far Cry 2 is an entirely different game a far cry, if you will from it's successors. I imagine that the casual player who wants to be told a story or just go through the motions of some QTE fest would drop it pretty qucikly.

Just learn how to play games in general

Learn to cast reflect and press triangle

Can't comment because until the last boss I cheesed all that game with a combination of a ragnarock deck and the card that makes it so 20 of your cards can't break as soon as I got the pieces (Jafar I think)

Cast fire and laugh.

(you) should probably brush up on your reading comprehension, faggot.

fuck off, casual has a very solid and defined meaning, its someone who plays very little videogames and has little to no skill in them, its used as an insult towards people who are bad at videogames and complain about it because they do not put the required amount of dedication into a game to success.

i said endgame boss, not final boss. dont mix your terms up.

saying miguel is a casual filter is like saying Dario is a casual filter, he's clearly someone you're not supposed to fight until near the end of the game. he's a tough fucking boss but you're not supposed to fight him until you're properly prepared.

unlike godhands obligatory first demon, who drastically forces you to stop mashing the combo button and change your gameplay style.

pan means bread in spanish

I'LL HOOK U IN DA' GABBAH' M8 I SWER' ON MEH' MUM GUV'NO CORY BLIMEY ME M8 CRIKEY DIDDLY DOO
fuck DQ8 and whoever made that translation

Yes yes, no one understands you because you because you're so smart. You're a highly educated fool who can win an argument but cannot discern truth.

seeing this all the time lately

Probably picked the term up from Spanish traders who I'm guessing brought them bread. Nifty.

Portuguese, but other than that, yes.

all that needs to be posted

NO U
It does not, you will find plenty of people who disagree with your defined terminology, but feel free to continue thinking whatever you like.

alltheseflavorsandyouchosesalty.png
Keep it up, you're pretty hilarious

Portuguese Jesuit missionaries

casuals detected, go play videogames

glady, got any recommendations?

Yeah. They are the "drake sword stops here" duo.

Filing that away for the future

Ork in DQMJ
All monsters you've encountered and have are probably level 4 because of the low exp early game, probobly not fused something better yet or got one of the many early junk monsters that would be one shot from having crappy DEF or HP.

Just a sudden spike in power and can cause you to get stuck for a while scrapping what monsters you think might be good to prep for him, but he already taking half your gold most likely first try.

When you've already played the game you know he's coming and how to fuse good stuff but not the first time.

I found wrestling with the dragon controls in that fight harder than that asshole really.

Trying to fly a dragon that pretty much feels like flying a cheap model airplane in soup in a tiny ass dark cave was the ultimate casual filter - Which is how much are you willing to deal with fucked mechanics until the eventually work to your favor.

Also fuck dps races and fuck this guy

truth

For faggot who can't into hitting obvious weakspots

Nigga you fight Miguel in the Dead sea almost halfway into the game. He's a mandatory boss in what way is he endgame and not supposed to fight him until then.

Fuck you can't even fight Dario until you get your body back fully so you have a point there but Miguel is clearly right there in the middle and even come to a point of no return fighting him where you beat him or you can't continue.

What did I say about you knowing how to win an argument but nothing to do with truth?

#1 filter coming through
graphics

Why is it so important to you? If you purport to have some insightful information about why you think I'm wrong, then drop some schooling, faggot, cause I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, we're just shitposting at this point. Also, quit saging, you fucking troglodyte, this thread is obviously gaining replies and continuously being bumped by people other than me.

just stun him

he said casual filters.

checked. I remember thinking how badass it was when those fucks started showing up and it encouraged me to git gud. Lvl Die! 4 lyfe

Fatal Frame 1 has a few
Although to be fair some of those can be bullshit regardless of how good you are

Only difficult thing about his fight is trying to kill the water clones before time runs out.

Do any of you guys know what a CASUAL filter means?

You hit triangle and aim. It isn't hard at all, just random.

I had a room mate give up at Taurus Demon, he simply ran up and mashed R1 until it killed him. After 3 or 4 of these he stopped playing. He liked games like Mass Effect.

who are you

I didn't have much problems with Cerberus when I first played DMC3, but those fuckers made me sit the game down for 2 days

Add on the fact that if you try to rush one of them down, the survivor gets buffed to high hell and loses all his weaknesses.

THis guy is a joke, why the fuck do pople think he's challenging any form of challenge?

They didn't get buff so matador took their bitches

>in 4th grade

I sure was one dumb motherfucking kid.

Shopkeepers? Nobody forces you to fight them.

Trails in the sky SC.

steamspy.com/app/251290

I kept losing solely because I didn't want to keep spamming triangle.

I want to say that the horses and horse boss are the true filter, Murai at least you can beat quickly enough with random dodging and mashing, and I can attest to that since my cousin's teenage friend who hadn't picked up a controller since Super Mario Bros. beat him after two tries on Normal.

Matador punishes players who don't understand/ don't have buffs or debuffs at that point in the game.

Apparently this guy is really fucking tough for lots of people.

Have a better one without the frames

How many guilds did he end?

This boss is easily beaten even with 2 characters less, user (it's advisable to do it, if you played after the first chapter), if you get good classes/races

A mook fighter, a fairy ninja and a Draconic samurai alone can beat almost everything, put a gadget and a bishop too and the late game will look like playing candy crush

I dont think casuals even made it close to the sunwell let alone past the first few bosses.

Well, casual is relative I guess. He certainly partitioned raiders.

Imagination is the best rendering engine. Faggots going on about VR should try it before they plug their brains to the kikenet.

I understand your reasoning for Demon Wall, but maybe you could say it's more of a lesson of what grinding in JRPGs means, since you have not other place to go but beat him or the Black Materia room with high EXP dragons and the auto-healer creature outside the door.

Chapter 14: Loss Within Victory AKA Showdown at Naggiar 2

If I had to name a casual filter raid boss i'd nominate this guy.

That's strange, considering he's one of the easier bosses. I would have figured The Burst would be the one everyone points to as really difficult.

Flame lurker. Hits hard, hits fast and isn't afraid of anything except magic.

thief's ring + sticky white stuff + regenerator's ring or adjudicator's shield, plus an abundance of grass, will work for an easy victory. Yeah, it's a faggy way of doing it, but it works.

Is there a mod out yet to remove the unskippable walking sections

I don't think so, but those sections are only unskippable the first time you play so it's not a big deal

For AotA anyway

This is a fight that is easy as shit or hard as fuck depending on your build. A melee-centered character will fuck his shit right up with combos, if you're leveled up enough he'll barely be able to fight back aside from the odd cheap shot.

If you're a mage it's pretty fucking frustrating.
t. someone who played a lot of KH back in the day

It's not a casual filter because it's a skill set that will never be used again in the game, and if Kamiya is such a fan of Gradius he should understand that the camera placement in that operation is dogshit

God I can't fucking wait for this game to come out

I don't even remember how I beat this guy

I just got done replying Demon's Souls and he was actually one of the kinder challenges in the game. I actually had an easier time with bosses like him and the NPC black world tendency black phantoms that I used to struggle with while the challenges presented in the actual levels themselves are much more annoying and frustrating than I remember.

If you simply bait him into his AOE attack and back up out of range, the hitboxes secede sooner than the actual effect animation allowing you to get one or two hits in before backing up again, just make sure to leave enough room behind you and heal when he leaps left and right if necessary. Black phantoms are easily stunlocked giving you enough time to back off to regain your stamina after a barrage of attacks.

Normal enemies on the other hand have hyperarmor during attacks, quickly recover and attack from stunlock and are normally safe from they player's full options as they strafe in place quickly preventing backstabs or can't be backstabbed at all, can't be parried, have greater range than the player, or can't be stunlocked at all.

Flamelurker was actually the paradigm in which most Dark Souls bosses took mechanic inspiration from in which the player has to appropriately avoid or block heavily telegraphed attacks and counterattack when given the opportunity

If anything, Flamelurker is the part of Demon's Souls that has held up the most and one of the most fair encounters in the entire game

I played every combination possible just to see what it was like. Mage had its perks, not the least of which being a higher MP pool with no offsetting penalties in end game. IIRC you ended up with 3 more MP. Late game Thundaga was based as fuck especially with more casts.

What's this game called?

If they somehow get past the first urgent usually casuals give up during the 2 star quests i've noticed

But they have

and the modern example, if everyone didn't have over a year to kill him

Furi, its a bullet hell boss rush game.

Only with Glass, Honour and Spite enabled.

So you mean this motherfucker, right?

Ah yes, the "PC Gaming is dying" meme. New words, same shit.

I remember seeing IGN publish an article about how it was dying in 2001. That was 15 years ago. It's not dead yet. Can you finally fuck off now?

Exactly. Better play a melee character too, for maximum fun.

Also an acceptable answer.

what are you talking about, user?

How are you supposed to deal with the guy after he buffs himself?
I was able to beat him but only with a single hitpoint and no food left.

Come on, user.

The cleric beast taught you how to doge. That guy taught you how to parry.

Demon mask cunt and heat seeking magic missile cunt was bullshit.

Might as well do like shitty console FPS games and put a timer on the screen until the player get back "on track". Its just a lazy to force the player to play the game how you want.

This. I played through on hard the first time and started exploring as soon I got past all the intro bullshit. When I found her I figured I could take her, but I ended up dying about 30+ times before I finally backtracked and bought some power ups and recovery items.

Is that you DSP?

The funny thing about Razorgore? 12 years later it STILL is a effective retard barrier.

I don't know who programmed it, but holy shit he must not even know the barrier of dicks he left behind, every week I fucking swear I find two retards asking "how do I razorgore :("

When I went to solo it on my hunter apparently pet's, maybe just hunter pet's, fuck with controlling the add and you have to dismiss pet for it to work.

It's cool in the sense that it's not something that can just be completely blown away by gear and is an interesting and technical fight.

The real trick is not fighting him in pic related.

As an user who does actually have casual little cousins. I had them play super mario bros 3. Now these little ones are experienced playing New Super Mario Bros. But I can tell you for a fact they struggled like no tomorrow to beat the 1st world. The two gave up after that.

Kill yourself.

Nah, man, warlock pets and dk pets fuck him too. SOlo it, and do it from below the orb's position so you can right click and disengage Razorgore before the timer expires and you can even push him afar to aoe mobs from killing him in time

It never gave me trouble when I was a kid. I was stuck for a long time though on that pair of platforms moving over the liquid at the very end of chemical plant act 2.
My TV was black and white at the time and for some reason I believed that the liquid was brown.

Same can be said for any boss, and frankly it's pretty cheap. What were you even trying to convey?

AAAAAAAH
AAAAAAAH
OOOOOOOH
AHH AAAAAAH AH
AAAAAH YAA YEE YEEEEEH
AAAAH AAAAAH
AAAAAAAAAH
AAA AAA AAA OOO

OOOH OOOOH AAAH AAH
OOOH OOOOH EAAAH HAAAH
OOOH OOOOH AAAH AAH
OOOOOOOOOOOOH
OOOH OOOH OOOOH HOOOOOOOOH
OOOOH OOH OOH OOOOOH OH OOOH

But that is like the only fight where being a massive casual helps them

Beavis and Butthead are more of a casual filter
though really, with how shitty many players are nowadays, Asylum, Taurus or Capra have probably ended the game for more people

Shit, now that you've mentioned Pikachu and Snorlax, I remember you're right. I haven't played DaS1 in a long time.

Capra demon? Motherfucker the locked door you open just to reach his area will end more new players, hell I didn't know capra demon was a boss for a good fucking year because I thought the valley of the drakes was the intended entrance to Blighttown.

The master key is the true casual filter

Flamelurker is literally just a lesson in 'don't get greedy, wait for an opening, hit twice and retreat' DeS doesn't have a casual filter. Like >11178003 said compared too armoured spider, or maneaters flamelurker is really fair

In more ways than one. :^)

A good chunk of the bosses in GH are casual filters too, mostly in the early game. It's like a casual purification system.

I mean now I just want to play more God Hand screw you user. I'm not good at this I wanna punch people around but my skill just never develops

Jesus Christ, even if you are of the mind that it's offensive you could have made a brief comment instead of a damn speech.

Enjoy aggravated damage motherfucker

He forces you to learn about getting used to boss parry patterns, and also shaks up mechanics in some interesting ways. Best theme in the game tho. still haven't beaten him on furier

I've never seen a man get so ass blasted by some goofy moments. Truly the best days of media are behind us when we take a joke porno mag as a complete offense to our sensibilities.

Dude did you see what level he was on?
The faggot was only level one the entire time!

Monster Hunter is a series of casual filters, but this one is special. It looks like one of the early tutorial monsters, but will punish every single mistake you make. It baits you into rolling and hits where you land, stacks roaring and wing flapping to stun you even if you have earplugs/wind resist, and is completely relentless. It's beatable if you know what you're doing, but to know that you need to git gud.

pink rathian

I actually liked battling that thing I ended up having to because I used it's high tier armor and low tier armor as well as the Kut-ku hammer.

I will agree to that. I deeply despised kut ku and when I got the urgent yian kut ku to fight. I dropped the game. I didn't even attempt it. I killed gore a couple times with double blades, switch axe and CB. I haven't picked up 4U since I saw what I had to fight.

Such a fun fight though.

I'm playing this now on hard, currently trying to beat a vortex larva's bunny fursona.

It seems to have a weird difficulty curve where the bosses are hard at the beginning, but once you start making enough cash that you can afford to restock all the healing items between each one, they get much easier. Mostly I could beat them on the first try.

The it gets super hard where you have to fight three bosses in a row with no chance to restock, which is where I'm at now.

Seriously, what the fuck was this bullshit
You start up the game, play through some dumbed-down versions of previous games (which were already very easy), then suddenly you get this. This fucking game that demands that you have the precision of an actual goddamn clock. This game that's easily five times harder than 95% of the rest of the game.
It's like they deliberately engineered this thing to destroy my pride.

Play while sitting and move your foot to the beat. That's what I do and I can get up to around 24 on a good day.

Although I guess since it does just let you skip it it's more of an ego filter than a casual filter.

I've tried that, I'm not sure why but I always end up losing track eventually. For some reason the game just makes me really nervous, it's annoying.

I got up to 19 on an emulator which is nightmare mode.

This miserable fucking zone. That's where I quit. It just kept on going and even cheesing it was long and unsatisfying.

Yep.

You are literally wrong as people both inside and outside the industry still use the term, ESPECIALLY when deciding which group a game is tailored towards and how they should market it.

Casual game = Simple game with typically low time investment and few mechanics

Casual gamer = Person that does not play for lengthy periods of time, alternatively someone that only plays games with more simple mechanics.

You're supposed to whittle them both down and only kill when the other is also close to dying.

It's more a lesson in controlled damage than anything else, you don't get to hit the next part of the game if you don't either know how to inflict that much damage in X turns, or if as you said the player just grind so they do that damage even without knowing. I prefer how rough SMT can be nowadays, but having been a kid playing FF7 once, it's still spooky for casuals

Chemical plant was a cunt on an old crt. I remember I also had issues with Metropolis, though I can't remember what it was in particular.

In S3, the barrel in Carnival Night, if that counts. I didn't figure out the up and down method, so whenever I came to that part, I would always make sure to get a bubble shield from the checkpoint before hand and bounce up and down until i could get under it.

how can you lose with this music playing

okay. I have been ptuting Rabi ribi aside since its maximum weeb cringe shit,

but this ost and the gameplay have convinced me to try it out

open your heart my dude. love the bune

What does this even fucking mean? The gameplay is solid, isn't that what anons on Holla Forums ask for in a game most of all?

dhoulmagus was a huge difficulty spike for DQ8

It's a great game despite all the Japan in it.

Why is this sort of post even allowed? Some of you lot have reddit written all over you.

A3s was the real wakeup call.

Very fun fight, but it seems I never had trouble with this fellow here.. sure at times it does that bullshit it does all the time but the fight was very fun and the very fitting. But for some reason I don't remember fighting it until high rank or G rank and not early on? What I do remember was that screaming bird from 3U that called in the other monsters or that poison ice cave monster. Those fuckers were casual filters for me.

I always enjoyed that fellow though, it's a rollercoaster coaster of a ride fight but a great fight. I think I didn't have much problems maybe because of online? When I seem to remember fighting it or I had high armor where you would have lower armor when you would have normally faced it? Though Super Sayin donkey Kong caught me off guard in single player mode and it really took a hit to my confidence of skill when I thought I was good at the time I fist encountered it. I vividly rember finally killing it with 5 mins to spare. Took me FOREVER to get over my fear of that beast, I respect it much more now but I'm not so scare off fighting it. Unless you're in a corner and it's in full rampage, well then gg. Still a thought fight, probably the hardest beast to beat but I know it's moves so much I manage to survive and know how to avoid dying.

T. Monster hunter I guess.

But I finally got luma3ds for my n3ds and now I can play generations. Though I really fucking hate Zinogre, FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT BITCH AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think of my self as a solid player tbh, I'm not shit but I feel I'm better than avg but I use SNS so I feel like I never manage to do enough damage quickly enough compared to other weapons. And I feel like it's something you just can't do with SNS but I know how to play my role good or at least in 4U and did the role of SNS greatly.

how many times i have to tell you Rabi Ribi is taiwanese

tell that to /a/

urobutcher did a script so it's not entirely taiwanese

Keep your party in the back row and stay healed. It's not about out-damaging it at all.

On a low-level run it's about keeping teammates alive so Sadness damage reduction remains in effect and using Defend when it prepares to do the big attack.

Most arcade games really.

Never single-credit cleared anything? Yep, you're a casual.

Any game pre-7th gen. Casuals refuse to play any older games at the risk of not being able to talk about the new ones.

There are people even on Holla Forums Doom generals that call Hell Beneath and Perfect Hatred "unfair".

At least post Descent on Ace, faggot.

You could as well argue that muh cawadoodies on hardest, dumb shit.

Descent is one of the few FPSs with at least a lives system.

Shh, don't criticize new vegas, you'll hurt feelings around here.

All he had to do was climb the ladder and plunging attack him twice.

of course this game has multiple filters. the theme this time around is purity after all.

yeah, the fight is not even a casual filter, it's an IQ filter

Eh, not really fair to the kiddos. Arcade games stopped being designed for endgame to be 1CC runs in the early '90s and arcades died in the mid '90s so unless they're old or like old games they've likely never been presented that challenge.

It's Taiwanese you stupid fucking twink. Kill yourself.

I play like a reckless bastard with fury on people with good limit breaks / people not being used as the healslut, honestly the limit system is nice but considering how predictable it ends up being you can make most bosses a joke through it

He basically shits himself in terror when the battle starts if I recall. Get good.

The guided missiles.

Placing the meat of a game in the sequel and using the first as build up.

Since the site is fucking with me, I'll say The Legend of Heroes, Trails series.

Want to use this shortcut? Mandatory gear check fag. No lucky kills either, there's more where I come from before you get to the other side

Even post-nerf Wheat and Chaff is probably still the map most people had trouble with. Unless of course you hit that one glitch where White Rat spawns 10x as many rats at the start and the whole game chugs from the literal sea of rodents you need to chew through just to get to the fucking door.

Train to zone~

The whole mission mode is one big casual filter.

Wow, what a faggot.

fuck I need to play this game again, thanks for reminding me it existed

tripdubtrips check'd

Should hang your self tbh lad. Can literally just walk straight to new vegas if you're not an autist and walk around the deathclaws. Comparing you being a shitter and having a dead end area that's just there to fill the world is a terrible comparison.

That comment upset me more than anything else he said

This pair are the first in the story mode to actually have unshackled AI.
The amount of normalfag salt is fucking amazing, all because they punish you hard for mashing buttons and require you to actually have a vague idea of how to play the game if you want to survive.

It's always the Bioware fags, always.

Loss always fucking gets me

press x and they happen automatically

I'm ashamed to admit that I had trouble with Sundowner though.

Well, maybe you're just boring.

This whole game, really. But this is the point where you start to realize it.

I knew Holla Forums was full of casuals

miguel is a mandatory boss near the middle of the game (very end of disc one, there being two discs), and you don't have a choice in fighting him once you enter the dead sea

too bad you're locked into the area once you get there

you should play the game before having opinions on it, you bug chasing faggot

You do know thief gets it as a starting item right? And even then if it's your first playthrough and you have no context of where you could go next then there's nothing casual about it. You still have to fight OnS regardless.

My only complaint with Garuga is the 0-frame charges he does.

When Monster Hunter Tri first came out, this badboy was the casual filter.

And when you hit high-rank, you get to meet Jho, yet another casual filter.

I got to this area before losing my save but I never fought any of the hawks. Do you actually have to know your way around the combat system or can you get through with some light grinding and good luck with drops like everything else?

Master key isn't the only reason why people miss capra demon/gaping dragon. I remember on my first playthrough I thought you had to get to blighttown through undead burg and that Havel was the miniboss guarding it.

Who the fuck likes going through the depths entrance anyway? Way too much stupid shit in the way of Queelag.

While we're on the topic of casual filters

He means it's an early casual filter for casuals like DSP.
And it is if you don't bother to learn how to parry.

I was joking even though ive seen plenty of retards whine about getting their shit pushed in in an area they reached because of the master key. I guess its kind of like the catacombs area where they dont realize there are two other paths they could take. I like the depths because it teaches you to be more aware of your surroundings and it has the proper entrance to blighttown. Going through the valley of drakes just makes you skip the depths and blighttown so the difficulty bump will be even higher and that is where the casuals quit.

Oh I'm sorry, I guess I'm high on the smug now.

Did he beat him own ps2? I can tell you that the original game, on xbox, required you to abuse invincibility frames so you don't get blown up every second.

The early monster hunter games shitted on casuals, like me. As a teenage, I was determined to get good and finally vanquished my first real monster. I hated playing with my friends because they died doing the stupidest shit that I told them not to.

The first Dragon Age game is still forever tainted by the way the rest of the series went, but the Fade and the Sloth Demon was really the only part of the game where I did get stuck for a while.

It didn't help that I killed Wynne without realizing she was a party member and I completed the whole game on the hardest difficulty while believing that potions were the only way to heal.

Why.

Hardest boss is either Spic Sam-urai or Sundowner. Sundowner acts as a better casual filter, though, since even though he's not that hard you either need to figure out his aircombo, or get good at timing shield breaks.

Difficulty took a big spike here all of a sudden. Weird, because it get's easier afterwards again.

I know because my dad dropped the game after getting to him: "omg so hard!!11!"

I've beaten this like ten times. The numbers actually really give it away where the mines are most likely to be.

Isn't that the entire point of the numbers? They're meant to tell you where the mines are.

What's up Razorcuck? I see you're still asspained your retarded ass ran right into a cazador and deathclaw nest even though the game warns you about them multiple times.

You have made a shitty post.

You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Cerberus raped my ass for a good hour. When I came to these guys I just destroyed them without a second thought.

I did too because lining the slashes up perfectly vertically takes a bit of practice.

I had more trouble with the reaper guy in the start than cerberus, then bash brothers tore me a new asshole
tho I played 4 first so I wasn't really new

I still don't know how you can clear russia first when they have 4000hp, all your heroes have around a 1000-1500 and you get -50% from the cold in the first fight.

after the first round, he starts doing this retarded move where he jabs you 5 times in one second
and after the 5th or so round, he pretty much just spams this move, making it nearly impossible for you to hit him without going down

Not sure if these posts are serious.

Her eyes are red you fucking faggot.

This. My friends are a bunch of pussies.

You can cheese the fuck out of Gascoigne with the help of gravestones and that-ladder-trick-cool-kids-do.

Blood-starved beast is game's second casul filter. I think the devs made this cunt the only boss susceptible to alluring skull for a reason.

Not saying she isn't a wakeup call for the players I think Ringo is a bit more of that given that micrododging as a mechanic comes back much later, but goddamn was she annoying to learn.

Only in vanilla NG. In Black, yeah that move is fucking useless.

To be honest, Flamelurker was one of the easiest bosses in the entire Souls series.

Enjoy the sweet release of death, you faggot.

You have to go back.