Speedrunning

How does Holla Forums feel about speedrunning? Dedication to improving a game, or just the epitome of autism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/UBFearfulFerret/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its interesting to witness the autism at work

Autism and a source of gods

It's autism that can be fun to watch, assuming the focus is on the speedrun itself and not the speedrunner.

Can you stop?

what

those were the days

Depends on the runner. Some runners are good, while others will have a breakdown if even the most minor thing goes wrong.

>breakdown if even the most minor thing goes wrong
but the ones that get mad are the most entertaining

I agree with you.

Speedrunning is a mixed bag, I don't consider TAS a 'real' speedrun, glitches are one thing but fuck those guys who do a lunge-jump forward into a wall three times then are sucked through their own anus and dragged down through the floor and to the end goal.
I don't really care for watching any of them regardless, and I find it odd that they blew up as bigly as they did.

It's bad enough I gotta know this shit exists, but my literal autist friend will always send me the 'latest and greatest' of the TAS's in an unsolicited manner I need to listen to him sperg out about Mario in .5 presses.

Speedrunning is interesting, but it does strange things to people. The speedrunning "community" is utter garbage, especially anything related to agdq. I'll just stick with watching gameplay only videos on youtube if I ever get the itch to see a game done fast. Vid related.

Was hoping this would be posted, was not disappointed.

complete shit

Henry posts among us

A TAS isn't about the run, the runner, or even the record.
A TAS is about the game. A TAS is the game broken down as far as it can possibly go. A TAS is watching the game exposed in its entirety, broken to it's core and brought to its very minimum amount of playtime possible.

It's like the ahegao of speedruns.

agdq is trash now, they've banned anyone that wasn't full PC and now its just trannys doing the majority of the runs.

b-b-b-b-but what about the girl that may have 50% chance of having cancer!?

You do know that faggot is someone who tries to "legitmitize" speedrunning by claiming it needs leadership, it needs standards, and it needs a strong "community", right? He bashes AGDQ one day, then the next he's sucking the dick of ecelebs and crying about werster saying fucking niggers back in AGDQ2013.

It is interesting to watch some times.
The frame counting and memorization they display makes the top FGC players look like casuals.
But in all fairness I would say the best speedrunners do fall somewhere on the autism spectrum.

Is he high on coke or something? Dude is pumped as fuck.

Don't forget that he uses "it's 2016" as an argument.

Life is about finding something that triggers your autism so you can do it for the rest of your life. Speedrunning is fun to watch as it's someone putting in a lot of time and effort to do something at the very least

Requesting webm of 16:00 to 16:20

Are there any interesting speedrunners to watch?, the kind that know their shit i mean.

buncha cunts know what they're doing, but kill all niggers they are scum and deserve nothing but death few speedrunners are interesting to listen to if thats what you're asking.

Yesh, i thought as much.

I don't pay attention to speedrunners, but the last AGDG, GameJ06 had the only good show of the event other than Tetris.

The only thing remotely interesting about speedrunning is remote code execution.
At which point I'd rather have them just make a snes game I can put on my SD compatible cart.

prenatual on youtube

peches, grav, dram, dss, slayerofbabies

Kero Blaster by draculantern in 26:35 - Awesome Games Done Quick 2016 - Part 40

i like watching them after finishing a game.
easter eggs and seeing someone fucking demolish a boss that took me heaps of goes to kill by the skin of my teeth

So for someone who has never bothered paying any form of attention to speedrunning, what's some of the best shit to watch?

I miss the old days before normalfags got involved after the GDQs got big.

it depends

I think it's the only point where sitting around playing single-player games actually becomes a real hobby.
Speedrunning is the natural evolution of a child's love of video games into an adult's hobby. That and most multiplayer genres also being serious hobbies, like racing, fighting, fps, etc.

ESA is pretty good, they actually allow fun.

You could almost say they got narcissistic.

Any % speed running is gay. Niggers abuse the game in unintended ways. SMH TBH ONII-FAM

a bit of context on the video shows that he won 100$ from a bounty someone posted to see if a 1:12 on that level (streets) was replicatable. Streets is an incredibly well-routed level and the fastest time was 1:13 until a guy named Mark Rhutzu figured out a strategy to get 1:12 that revolves entirely on luck. Mainly the placements of the enemies, the enemy holding a rocket launcher as opposed to another weapon, and the enemy AI (they need to shoot at the runner while he's speeding past them to backboost)
Ryan was the first person to replicate a 1:12, and as such he got an "MR:RL time"
also goldeneye speedrunners tend to be a bit on the crazy side even for speedrunning autists. At least from what I've seen.

It's a lot of fun in games actually made to be played fast.

Stream whores on the other hand is for attention-starved faggots.

waste of time

why not memorize something useful like a new language, instrument or coding

Honestly if I ran the same game for several hours a day for months I'de probably want some company. It tends to get shit for me when they start taking donations or turn into meme lords.

Has anyone got that video clip of that half life faggot crying on twitch about how it needs add money to pay of its morgage?

I stopped giving a fuck about it after the *GDQ where they managed to invite someone from Retro to comment on a speedrun of Metroid Prime and some autistic fag on the couch kept rudely interrupting the guest, to the point where he hung up the skype call and told them all to eat shit.
No fucking respect for other human beings. I watch the occassional speedrun VOD on Youtube, but I have no desire to watch any of these pricks live or watch a marathon ever again. Fuck 'em. All the *GDQs are just money laundering schemes for Mike Jewyama anyway.

I just finished watching this, that was fucking great. Everything else I've seen out of GDQ was either boring or cringy.

I'd prefer if you'd be quiet.

TAS are only good when it's going for entertainment. Glitching the hell out of the game isn't fun to watch. Interesting to see but not fun to watch all the way through.

It's fun to speedrun certain games. Playing games like Sonic adventure 1&2 and Mario 64 and Sunshine are really fun to play if your doing things fast. There's a shit ton of glitches in those games that it's just so much fun to incorporate those glitches into normal gameplay and try to beat the game as fasts as possible. It's a fun playstyle, though I don't get why people watch speedruns when they can be doing that shit themselves for fun rather than watching somebody else do it.

I am against speedrunning. You're going to stroke yourself out that way. The last thing you want to do when tweaking is to engage in activities that raise your heart-rate and dehydrate you. Just try to stay calm, relax, and focus on trying to dig those bugs out from under your skin.

Who knew autistic people don't do social cues well?

Watch some speedruns of games youve played before.

I enjoy them, and watch them almost every day. Talking about them on Holla Forums has always been shitty though. GDQ has gone to hell too, but that is just a marathon and isn't very important to speedrunning as a whole.

Took me a bit.

GDQs are the most important part of Speed running. Speedrunners network there, it's where they form their clique and decide who to host because of them. Without GDQs speedrunning would be entirely different because the social cliques and hence games run and who runs them would be entirely different.

Sounds like bullshit. People run what they want. And community building occurs all the time with games and people who don't go to events and never will.

If he lets himself use A then he doesn't need the ship.

bunch of faggots exploiting glitches and bugs

Could you be more wrong? Try understanding nepotism and that people following successful people.

Those two are separate things. AGDQ is just jews trying to cash in on the autism. Most of the people who show up there aren't even real speed runners anymore, since they banned all of them.

If you're only looking at the most popular people/games you might have a point. That is ignoring all the runners who just do it because they like it, which is a lot of people.

It's a way to extend the life of a game after it is over. Just like when you play Battlefield and try to snipe someone from as far away as possible. Or play a stealth game and go for the "no kills" victory or whatever. It's entertaining to watch. A/SGDQ is full of cringe and that makes it an event every year. So nice that they upload the vids so you can just youtube playlist it on your other monitor when you are bored.

Speedrunning good the company "Games done quick" is bad very bad owned by SJWs and run for profit.

Did you know for those cancer donations people make they get 25% back to line their pockets??

youtube.com/user/UBFearfulFerret/videos is one speedrunner I follow, its nice to see a playtrough of a game like deus ex hr without any time wasted on meaningless fluff.

Guess it's time to play the devil's advocate.

Any% speedrunning is a performance of skill in most games. It shows dedication, and determination to widdle down a time. Major skips are a showcase of how shoddy a game's code/design is.

it is tђє
a r t i s t i c ԂҽԂï¢ąʈïᴑɳ
to
[i][m][p][r][o][v][e][m][e][n][t]
of thε
EPITOME
of
ᴬᵁᵀᴵˁᴹ

it can be fun to witness. improving a game? ive nver really thought of it as improving a game. maybe making something new out of it.

100% runs or bust, any% is barebones A to B play.

Werster's a good runner to watch, because he knows his shit and points out people that don't. He mostly speedruns pokemon, and that's fun to watch.

There is a fine line between "runners that fail amusingly" and DSP mode however. The former usually are competent at the game and probable are the ones finding new speed strats.>>11173316

Werster was always going to be the first to get banned, he's to honest.

That means that sooner or later they'll have to shut down, when they all kill themselves?

It's neat. I've done a fews speedruns. I don't really understand the 'autism' part. Since autism seems to have equal meaning to 'bad' nowadays.

What GDQ was this, do you remember? Nice to see Lendybeigh on Holla Forums, by the way.

Try speedrunning WoW.

You don't need to be autistic to do that, but it helps. You could drop dead from boredom otherwise.

What is this meme?

speedrunning is certainly autistic. though sometimes watching clips of people play a game so well is pretty entertaining. like the speedruns of platformers and 3D platformers in particular. watching people speedrun mario64, etc.
watching people speedrun shit like zelda, etc is boring and not interesting to me.
watching it live is autism though.

I think it's a pretty autistic hobby. But then again, there are people out there who lose their shit when you main a character in Overwatch. Everyone's entitled to do whatever they want. But speedrunners and competitive multiplayer players really take video games too seriously.

I'll admit it's pretty amusing to see someone sperg out when their speedrun fails. But these sorts of people could be better spending their time learning a trade, language, instrument or coding instead of wasting their time.

Already exists. There's leveling speedruns, raid clearing speedruns, PvP objective speedruns, etc.

TASs are only as entertaining as the runner chooses to make them.
Personally I'm more a fan of whatever this is called, where it's Tool Assisted, but the runner is using it to fuck around and have fun, instead of strictly completing the game as fast as possible.

And also to everyone else who reads this post, seriously this TAS is amazing to watch. The mirror match in particular to get the doppleganger style is a blast.

If you like SMW I can recommend DotsarecoolP

Speedrunners should be gassed.

shit, you weren't joking.
shit i've felt like that too.
…oh god.

The moment he claims is the 1:12 is well before the AI shoots him with the rocket launcher though.