Windows 10 Store Refunds ‘Call of Duty’ Player Because Nobody's Playing It

archive.is/zZagc
> One Reddit user’s little brother bought a copy of special edition to play Warfare Remastered through the Windows 10 Store. When he tried to play some deathmatch he learned he was one of two people looking for a game.

For COD it's a given that even if people played it on PC, no one would play it on Win 10.
Is Win 10 being used for any gaming? I thought normalfags gravitated to Steam?

It's mostly battlefield stealing the spotlight right now.
You know what, who cares.
It's all the same smear of gray and grown with hints of dark green, who gives a goddamn fuck anymore.
In the sea of generic AAA FPSes Titanfall 2 was sorta trying to bring back mobility, and EA made sure to kill it in the cradle too, because muh battlefield, muh team isn't 100% under our boards of sith lords that makes all the decisions, it must die.

What a waste of time even thinking about this radiactive pile of dogshit.

Its not even reddit now, its their little brothers. Wew lads

Clearly his older brother, being a reddit cuck, didn't bully sense into him.

Angry Joe made a good video on this (a rant).
Summary:

It must have bombed pretty damn hard if the absolute only thing anyone gave a shit about with the release of Infinite Warfare only has 5000 players on Steam at any given moment.

You have to go back.

This is like saying a movie was a block buster because 20k people watched

HAH! I can't even pretend to believe that for a second.

Keep hating if you will, kids.
I find his rants and angry outbursts hillarious but even without the amusement I derive from that, he is actually very intelligent and he analyzes the market and the long term consequences of idiotic company decisions quite well.
Also you have to be at least 18 to post on 8ch, come back in 5 years when the edginess wears off.

Wasn't the trailer for Infinite Warfare one of the most disliked Youtube videos ever? I think normalfags are finally waking up for this yearly full price release bullshit. Activision will probably move on to an episodic release like Hitman to keep the shekels coming in.

Get some perspective people, they had to give out a refund to half their Win10 install base.

did you got lost to your way to facebook or something?

The most transparent projection I've seen in a while, user.

The only thing I think about when I read the name Angry Joe is that really gay autistic dance he did to Into Free.

Do you always resort to patronizing the opponent when you are in a pinch?

Kek

Something else just takes its place user

I don't doubt this but what kind of bullshit reporting is this?

"Rimlicker26 on reddit said it and I believe it! And I'll just throw every Call of Duty game from the last 10+ years together to add a bit more sensationalist flair"

This is worse than Matome blogs.

WOW WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT

Jesus christ. I know windows 10 and its developer concentration camp of a windows 10 store is unpopular, but it cant be that barren. People probably still use Uplay. It cant be that bad.

toppest kek

pic

This time, they might have dun goofed for good.

What's his name again?

Aaaand the winner is

Pedro, Alias 7 Pesos, Perez Pamanes

It's like I'm actually on Youtube

Cheat detection.

Why else then would some Windows 10 exclusive games like Quantum Break come to Steam? Windows 10 store is just a disaster, especially since Steam is so popular.

ha ha(Underage pls go)

There was this feminist film from Emma Watson that didn't get any viewers on theaters, well, maybe less than 10, true story.

His rants are completely artificial when you dig in and find he just goes for the easy targets, he barely even represents the hipsterish SJW "gamer" crowd at this point.

Still, too many people pre-ordered the thing.

PC has a measly 50k players compared to PS4 1.1 million and Xbone 800k
The PC release overall was a disaster.

My bullshit alarm is permanently stuck in DANGER levels now because of you faggot. Stop spreading such massive bullshit.

anyone got a torrent

Doesn't Memewatch have like 10 times that?

Overwatch is probably going to take it's place.

OW player here, nope, I doubt so, hell, some of us have stopped playing for a while because we are still waiting for the next update to kick in so we can adapt to the buffs and nerfs.

Color me shocked.

>>>/halfchan/

The people who buy the yearly installments of COD and Battlefield will never touch Overwatch because that would be change, and they are resistant to almost any change.

So make your choices in life based on loud noises? Makes sense.

So, why exactly is the new CoD failing? I thought their audience loved the same old bullshit theyre constantly fed?

CoD4:MW remaster being held hostage to IW probably didn't do them any favors.

The CoD demographic hates the jetpack system, because they actually have to go fast.

which is hard with a controller if you try to aim at the same time

how does this happen

I'm glad they decided to hold the remaster hostage, I would probably really consider buying it if it was standalone.

What, get a refund, or no one playing on Spybot10? For the refund it could be argued that the product is defective because a feature doesn't work (being able to play online with others), but in this instance it's not for servers being down but no one playing. As for not playing on 10, when alternatives exist should be pretty fucking obvious. No one is moving to 10 for the multiplats.

I do wonder what is more Jewish, selling it as a package deal, or to start selling it standalone after a bit. I'm sure you'll be able to pick it up by itself soon enough.

how do they fuck the dog so hard that the one in windows shoppe is black people water fountained in the 1960s. ah i cant think of the word right now.

I want to see how Bobby Kotick is going to react to all of this. This hasn't been a good year for Activision-Blizzard let alone most of the video game industry.

I can dream because Kotick isn't going to let his company go down in flames because of CoD.

It's already dropping on Twitch. Even during Blizzcon, SocialJusticeWatch's viewer numbers couldn't top LoL, Hearthstone, and Counterstrike.

Segregated? Are you drunk or dyslexic? But honestly not including cross play (between PC's at least) is kinda a major oversight.

Remember the time he white knighted Anita for a good 10 minutes in his top ten gaming controversies of 2013?

yeah thats the ticket

If these publisbing corporations had any sense then instead of releasing the same title once a year (which normalfags eventually wise up to and get sick of), they would just make four or five battlefield/titanfall/cod clones with different characters, settings and perhaps some kind of gimmick mechanic for each one, and then release one of those every year. While it's always an impossible battle to continually increase your rate of profit year to year, this would be better for them than the current trend.

who thought this was a good idea?

Is this evidence that this windows 10 sore gfwl 2.0 windows vista tier exclusive bullshit does not slide anymore in this industry or is it just a fringe case?

They had to release Quantum Break, their crown jewel, on Steam because no one was buying shit on their store gulag.

Wait a minute.
What happened to Windows 9? Why wasn't there that first?

… So… you expected something different from someone whos whole stick is being angry? It's that like saying "The angry video game nerd is acting angry & autistic at everything for views!"… It seems like a no brainner where i'm standing.

The audience seems to universally reject the heavy scifi bent the series has taken.

With BF1's success, it seems the normalfag masses just want to relive conflicts that have (for the most part) actually happened or are otherwise grounded in reality.

Very interesting to see what the final sales figures end up being for this pile of kusoge. If it's low enough (which certainly seems to be the case given the available data), I'd expect a hard pivot to something like WW2. I'd say maybe even the US Civil War, except we'll probably be having a real one soon.

MS is pointing the finger at Activision on the topic, but christ only knows why ATVI would choose to do something like this.

Maybe they were arrogant enough to think the game would sell so many copies that they'd have healthy populations on both platforms?

It's amazing how little common sense these multi-billion dollar companies have.

I bet the Steam version of COD uses the Steam API for finding players in match making. This means their users base on steam is locked on steam. Now if they hosted their own servers, they'd be able to just dial steam and MS-store users into that.

But hey, that would take money, and i'm just blowing smoke out my ass.

Too be honest…. At least their making multi billions unlike everyone that thinks their doing it wrong… Then again, they did buy the mobile app company King for more than Disney with Lucus Arts + IP

You're way out of the loop.
There is no confirmed answer, but the common thought is that software written like shit would check the OS version string for "Windows 9" to see if it was running on 95 or 98 (ie. pre-NT Windows), and MS didn't want to cause issues with badly-written legacy software.
The Microsoft public answer is that they wanted to make it very clear that it was a jump in technology, so they skipped a version to showcase that.
In reality, Vista was Windows 6.0, 7 was 6.1, 8 was 6.2, 8.1 was 6.3, and 10 is 6.4. These are the actual internal version numbers (I have no fucking idea why they didn't increment to 7 with Windows 7, but who the fuck knows). The most likely answer is that it was just because 10 sounded like a sleeker number than 9, and 9 could possibly make people think of 95 and 98, making an association with Windows as an old, deprecated operating system.

The important thing to remember is that no matter what anybody says, there is no official answer, and nothing has actually been fully confirmed. Even MS employees don't know exactly why, and it really demonstrates everything there is to know about MS. It's a clusterfuck company that doesn't know what they're doing releasing clusterfuck shithole OSes on ancient technology, and even they don't know why they make the decisions they make.

I think you (as a dev) can go as hard or as soft into Steam matchmaking as you like. I mean, I think you can buy and run GTA:V without Steam, but you have to connect and be matched through the Rockstar Social Club.

This is certainly one of those 'I would have loved to have been a fly on the meeting room wall when this topic came up' situations. Assuming it ever fucking did and wasn't a 'Oh fuck, what do you mean Steam and the Windows Store don't matchmake with each other?!' moment.

this is the first time I hear someone say this phrase and isn't japanese or isn't translated from a japanese game

From what I heard it's mostly because it isn't like previous CoDs anmymore.
Don't know what exactly it is, but streamers said it some 2 weeks or so ago, that it doesn't feel like CoD, that too much was changed compared to the previous games.
Which is quiete funny.
One one hand people want change, wanting something new, on the other, the moment they get their wish they want it reverted because it isn't what it used too be.

Welöl, something new will most likley take it's place given time, either EA smells blood and turns up their "yearly rotation" bullshit to maximum kikery, or Overcuck will become the new goal to make money.
Fuck, maybe Actishit will try to push Destiny 2 more then the first one should they realise that CoD isn't working as money printer anymore.

Probably because you're weeb trash and that's the only type of media you consume. It's an extremely common phrase.

I had never even thought to ask, and now I'm sad that I did. The mystery was more appealing than the answer.

Yes, you are correct. There should already be known ways past this restriction which likely just mean "Don't use these API".

but i would counter and say, Activision has been doing this so long (since MW2) that they likely didn't even think about the obvious problem. Their also cheap as fuck (They are having the players host their servers after all) so on the off chance they did come up with a problem, they likely went "Ya… not going to change. It's fine."

I agree with Activision's hilarious cheapness. It looks like it's biting them in the ass badly this time since CoD is getting fucked to death by BF1.

Can't say i feel sorry for them…

I just realized. I don't know why i'm bitter towards them :P

I know why i wont buy EA, and Ubisoft but not activision. Ah well, it's not a huge problem. I can't think of the last time i was even interested in a Activision game in a "If that was a indie or published by someone else, i might buy it" kinda way.

Activision is Lawful Evil, user. Ubi is Neutral Evil and EA is pure Chaotic Evil.

Activision is the guy in the graveyard pulling gold teeth out of corpses, EA is the one trying to raise the dead, botching it, and buying the corpses upside down. Ubi is there but doesn't know who to follow, so they do a little of both but only halfway.

Ubisoft is there raping the charred remains while screaming YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MALE.

4b13c6, this is just some incredibly insulting and condescending bait and you should feel bad that you thought anyone would actually legitimately fall for it, you need a lot of practice, you pity replies and counter shitposts. This is pretty pathetic.

Where the fuck do you think you are, every single thing you just said is the most basic fucking common sense this is not some deep industry knowledge coming from some insider or some one looking at something from a new view, this is very simple obvious shit. not to mention we have been saying this shit and more adnvanced shit that butthurd hernandez couldn't even comprehend for more then a decade. One thing is clear you don't belong here. If some random unfunny spic making common sense observations is what it takes for you to label things good then I think you need to go back to kindergarten and then fucking go back to 4chan and never return. Because you don't meet the Holla Forums quality standard, even if you were bait shitposting this is absolutely pitiful.

You have to be mentally retard or pussy pressured josie her self, no one can be this fucking retarded.
You just keep getting better don't you? Nothing annoyed andreas has ever said has in anyway required any brain power whatsoever as a sentient being I am hard pressed to believe he is so fucking retarded he struggles to even feed him self. Nothing about his overplayed, forced and faked "rants" are in any way humorous. His incredibly basic observation is very much not some deep of analysis of the industry, its trends or long term consequences of a companies actions.

You are a shame to your shitposting and baiting forefathers, the point of baiting is not to have such a week argument that people casually destroy, disprove and move on to how much of a failure you are but instead to derail, spark discussion, argument or even critical thought etc. Git gud.

Reddit leave.

Those figures overall are a disaster for Call of Duty release. Less than 2 million for a COD entry that's got to be the worse figures in history.

you should see the overwatch thread, I saw someone actually bitching about being downvoted on reddit in there

Overwatch thread is a Reddit hugbox full of cuckchan rejects.

You have to go back, taco

And of course I forget to sage. Fuck.

I use win10 enterprise LTSB so I can't check it but why would anyone ever use the Store? Is the game cheaper there?

Oh and games are not apps. This triggers me.

literally botnet

Sad!

So is every thread on Holla Forums

Why would you ever upgrade to Win10 if you can't even access the store for the few exclusive games it has? Forza Horizon 3 is the only reason I upgraded and it was worth it

Being windows 10 user is like being Hillary Clinton voter.

not really. no one here says it.

Jalapeño Jose

Please leave.

Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…

wait what was his name again?

refrain

Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…Psssh…nothin personnel…kid…

Because stealing is fun? You should try win10 for yourself before you knock it. It works like a charm. Well LTSB does anyway, the Win10 Microsoft sells is trash.

Why don't people like this CoD?

Even Normal fags must be fed up by now.

Why do they type that like that's impressive? There are multiplayer indie games with only 15k sales that have more players online during peak hours than that.

Because "more than 5,000" is more impressive than "less than 6,000" thousand dead jews.

Does W10 seriously have its own servers?

You mean the entire board right?

Touché

how slow are you
obviously the reason is that 7 8 9

Hello angry joe

So i didn't pay attention to it because it's modern call of duty, but is there a chance the game is actually good even though it flopped with normans?
I remember anons talking about how it's the first time in a while cawadude tries to change

Not even CoD Youtubers and eSport fags are supporting this game. The only ones who are liking this are either kids, or Youtubers paid by Activision. TmarTn and Ali-A

This one Youtuber gave a quote that bests described what is wrong with Call of Duty as a whole: "You're served scrambled eggs everyday for breakfast. You love them and you think they taste delicious, but after a while it starts to get boring and stale. So the chef tries to spice the scrambled eggs up with hot sauce. You like the new taste for a bit, but at the end of the day you're still eating scrambled eggs."

Considering Psyonix said it only took them three days to get the Xbox Live and Steam networking API's working together on Rocket League once Microsoft got their policy change greenlit. Activision's being lazy/cheap/retarded/All Of The Above.

Uses Xbox Live for the W10 version.

You are blowing my mind here.

I'm serious. It uses the same set of servers the Xbone version does, but there's not even cross play with the Xbone version for Zombies mode. That's how much Activision fucked up.

But then the game is a massive flop on Steam never mind the Windows 10 version being non-existent so it's fucked anyway.

Bahahahahaha

Are ® and © the ultimate marks of a shit game?

Go to the UK version of the commercial. The Britbongs ars shitting on it hard.

Didn't he get into a lot of shit recently with a CS:GO gambling site? Did anything come out of that?

Yeah, I saw this. If I was Microsoft I'd be pissed as fuck at Activision. Because that is assured a lot of customers who will NEVER buy a game from the Win 10 store again after that. This is THE time for cross platform gaming, and "a different PC store" shouldn't even be considered a different "platform" to begin with.

So it's a huge flop that is split into FOUR USER BASES, so it can have the power of FOUR FLOPS? That's true power…

Case is still going but he's allowed to continue his business. Federal Court ruled it's a state issue and not a national issue, so the case is being moved to the court of the State of Washington, which will continue the trial in Winter.

Speaking of Washington, Valve is now in legal trouble as the Washington Gambling Bureau is now investigating Valve.

Serves them right for listening to the stupidest consumer base in existance

The people who complain online aren't their consumer base. Normalfags are.

Goddammit I hate cropped porn.

Oh, fuck off. Their the ones….you know what. Never mind.

That is absolutely pathetic for a COD title.

people with taste deadened enough to enjoy the taste of BLops3 are just continuing to play that game. It's pretty simple.

that's hilarious, even Microsoft second party developers who have to eat this shit know they can't float it unless they pull in XBone users

If anything bugs me, it's that. Even moreso, CoD4 still looks beautiful at nearly 10 years on. And I can still top a server in MP, although I get fatigued with it fast. Same thing with games like CS1.6, I can only play for 30 minutes or so.

I don't understand why they remastered MW1 and its multiplayer mode. Separating the playerbase is always bad, this (IW's season pass and a second full CoD multiplayer mode) is just crazy.

Raging Ramirez is a faggot, but I like it when he is shitting on shit franchises like this.

That's the only redeemable aspect of him.

Because nobody would buy their shit game if MW1 didn't come bundled with it. They KNOW that they're shit now and have to play on nostalgia to make people buy their games.

That and the fact that they need to reinforce their propaganda. Remember the villains name "Al-Assad". The brainwashing started back then and is more relevant than ever now. They can reach the kids who haven't played it yet now and make the "Assad = bad guy" connection in their minds.

take your meds

hi movieblob

Angry Joe would be tolerable if he learned how to edit. His videos are twice as long as they should be, after a while you just want to scream "get to the damn point already".

I know you're talking about BDobbins. He's right. CoD will never be good unless it fundamentally reinvents itself and starts putting in the effort because people are sick of this shit by now. He's a pretty good youtuber for a stoner.

Do you think Modern Warfare Remastered will be worth it when it inevitably gets sold separately? I've never played the original before.

Pretty much this. He takes a lot of time to say not very much. I wish he'd stop giving scores to games too, because they often don't match the points he makes in his videos. His reviews also suffer from a game's hype.

I guess the issue here is not kebabphobia in general, but a reference to Bashar Al-Assad, who the US government wants to paint as a monster.

Grab it, it's not a bad game even if it opened the door for the shit that followed. Kind of like an action movie, the first time you see it it's amazing, then the fifth time it's just explosions and bullets.

I never really saw it is that, since the guy has about 5 voice lines and only moves the plot forward during that scene where you view the POV of the guy being executed.

For some reason I feel like something here isn't quite right.

Yeah mate, if Europe left the EU, everyone would be thrilled!

Please. Everyone knows the only two countries that would truly stay in the E.U. is Germanistan and Turkey.

If you're a console faggot then yes. They made some additions to the campaign such as giving us the explosive training and obstacle course segments of the F.N.G. mission we never got and the multiplayer plays just like the original with all the original gamemodes and some new ones like Kill Confirmed

If you're on PC, then don't even bother. Multiplayer uses Peer to Peer matchmaking even though the original had a server browser and mod support. If you wanna play CoD 4 on PC, just get the original. It has a lot of great mods and custom maps, and has a big playerbase despite being a 9 year old game.

Good point. What the hell is going on in Reddit? Are they now too cool to play casul games so they have to make up imaginary little brothers to dodge criticism? That's just sad.

Anyway, splitting the playerbase has never made any sense to me. It seems like a bad idea for everybody, players, developers and producers.

That's fucking pathetic.

You see user, when you split the playerbase people need to buy the game on every platform for full experience.
We get quadruple the money, player gets to not feel like they are missing out, win-win as it were.
Surely you don't want to miss this wonderful deal!