Remake or Reboot?

Do you think Resident Evil 2's remake should be a straight remake of the original game or should they take the opportunity to reboot the franchise with it? I wouldn't mind either to be honest

I wanna fuck the guy in the OP.

I feel you, I'd also like to fuck Kojima

das gay

Remakes and reboots please less people than the original. I'd rather they did something new.

RE1's remake is much better than the original game though

Look you fucking idiots.
THIS ISN'T FUCKING DIFFICULT

YOU TAKE RE2

THEN YOU EITHER MAKE A THIRD PERSON RE4 STYLE GAME

OR YOU MAKE A TANK CONTROL HI RES 2D BACKGROUNDS ALA GC REMAKE

IT AIN'T FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE
STOP FUCKING STICKING YOUR HEAD UP YOUR ASS COMING UP WITH A MILLION POSSIBLE SCENARIOS, IT'S JUST THESE 2 GODDAMN THINGS
EITHER ONE OR THE OTHER
PREPARE YOURSELF MENTALLY FOR EITHER OF THESE OUTCOMES SO I DON'T HAVE TO HEAR YOUR STUPID FUCKING IDIOT POSTS COMPLAINING ABOUT IT IN THE COMING YEARS

Nope? It lacks the cheesyness of the original and it overall feels a lot edgier and less amusing. I'm guessing you are some sorta millenial who never got to enjoy it.

The only improvement really is the graphics, the rest of the game isn't as good. It's still cheesy, but it's cheesy in a bad way.

Inb4 it runs in Unity and has been casualized as fuck.

Remember: REmake was done in a different, less shitty time.

Old enough to remember both when they first came out. RE-make is better cause it's scarier, looks better and is basically the director's cut with expanded material. In terms of gameplay, nothing is lost. In terms of story, nothing is lost and more is perhaps gained. In terms of visuals, the Remake conveys a greater feeling of genuine gothic horror. Even in 96, we were laughing at Resident Evil 1.

The funny thing is the trademark cheesyness of the original that people gush about is fairly unintentional and more of a result of budget constraints and silly director decisions. The live action FMV's for example weren't Capcom trying to be funny but them trying to be serious and failing and even in 96, the live action cutscenes were already becoming out of date. The reason Capcom remade RE1 in the first place was to fix it and make it more like it was intended to be, and also the original RE1 felt a bit out of place with how low budget and hoaky it felt next to its more hollywood blockbuster style follow ups. I understand why people enjoy the original for its flaws or despite its flaws, but trying to make it out like it's somehow objectively superior is just being a contrarian hipster.

There's almost no change in the gameplay mechanics and the story is the exact fucking same.

Nah fam

Nice counterargument

Nice, dubs.
Also you took the words right out of my mouth. Those two anons really are contrarian hipsters if they think REmake isn't as good as the original

It's like when you go to watch the original Night of the Living Dead and notice all the flaws that are the result of just the fact that the film was made on a budget in Pittsburgh by an unprofessional group of filmmakers and somebody gets all mad and says you don't understand when you say they're just good ol' fashioned mistakes and not the result of some Dada sense of creativity.

fuckoff back to >>>/reddit/

It's a pretty contrarian position by literal definition to regard the original as somehow technically more sound in any way to the remake which is widely regarded by critics and consumers as a stellar improvement on the original product. There's really not an argument you can make here other than saying you're own subjective tastes prefer the imperfections of the original which create a laughable corniness to the product that's so bad it's good. I can respect that cause there's plenyy of so bad it's good horror movies I like, but when people start trying to act like the original RE is objectively better than the remake when the only real difference between the remake and the original is that the graphics have been updated, the wonky script has been slightly redone to sound less stupid and the bad voice acting has been done away with, that just comes across like you're trying to earn points for going against the grain.

How about you stop having retarded "opinions", so people won't call you on your bullshit?
Holla Forums isn't for everybody, if you have shit taste you get shat on, rightfully so.

Give it the REmake treatment.
This may also only be in 16:9. REmake was back when 4:3 was still around, so this may be the first classic-style RE to be widescreen only.

I think Remake is better than the original aside from a few hiccups here and there.
Nice try moving the goalposts though redddit
>>>/reddit/
>>>/cuckchan/
You wont find any contrarians there, dont you worry.

Nobody gives a shit.

That's exactly what i'm saying, not only you're wrong, additionally nobody cares.

I do

BTFO

I want it to be done exactly like the first remake. Anything else would be disappointing.

If it doesn't have tank controls and fixed camera positions I'll be furious

Literally all it needs to be is REmake, but with the plot and setting of RE2

this is all I want, just do what they did with remake and leave it at that. I feel like we'll get a resident evil 4 type game though.

I don't care, just give my tank controls back.

We better not. God damn I wish RE4 was never made, Shinjis work with RE1 and REmake must have been a fluke, or wrongly attributed to him when someone else involved made all the right decisions

RE4 sucked and ruined the series and Evil Within sucked too

Remakes and reboots should be banned by law and all the people who want them should be castrated. It's the only way to fix hollywood and ensure that the reboot/remake cancer won't ruin the video game industry as well.

A part of me wouldn't mind just some little changes here and there, like a few more branching story paths based on player decisions or maybe a few changes based on old ideas and concepts from RE 1.5.

remakes can be alright, reebots are alost always guarenteed shit unless its a Troma movie